[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Star Trek Discovery doesn't take off successfully you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 339
Thread images: 43

File: DAD0hTKUAAAUkTP.jpg (91KB, 1199x663px) Image search: [Google]
DAD0hTKUAAAUkTP.jpg
91KB, 1199x663px
If Star Trek Discovery doesn't take off successfully you do know that there will be no more Star Trek shows, right?
>>
>>83539762
It's dead, Jim.
>>
Oh god forbid we get new series instead of tired rehashes of beloved classics.
>>
I've been fine with that since voyager.
>>
>>83539762

I'd be happy with that. They need to stop putting modern political bullshit in our show so we can have creative, original shows full of talented actors. Actors or actresses that were picked based on their talent, and not on their skin color or gender.
>>
File: an.jpg (70KB, 331x250px) Image search: [Google]
an.jpg
70KB, 331x250px
It can't be worse than Enterprise at this point. This show was fucking awful.
>>
>streaming exclusive

why do (((they))) want Star Trek to fail?
>>
>>83539762
>take off
>paid online service from cbs
It's fucked
>>
>>83540133
>>83540086
>>83539762
piracy finds a way
>>
>>83539884
Wrong franchise.
>>
>>83539884
>I'd be happy with that. They need to stop putting modern political bullshit in our show

Dude, Star Trek was always about diversity and some form of politics.
>>
>>83539762
good
>>
>>83540060
Season 3 and 4 of Enterprise are better than any of Voyager.
>>
File: 1492974074209.jpg (436KB, 2073x1166px) Image search: [Google]
1492974074209.jpg
436KB, 2073x1166px
>>83539762
>online CBS exclusive

Why should I care?
>>
>>83540060
Oh come on, it wasnt that bad. It destroyed less lore than Voyager, and had more of a "space cowboy" feel to it.

I liked it
>>
>>83540060
It was good.
>>
>>83540750
>being American
For the rest of the world, it's an online Netflix exclusive. [smug emoji]
>>
>>83539762
> black woman
> chink woman
> muslim woman
> trans 'woman'

the fictional future I now believe in is a full fascist dictatorship
>>
File: 1495130259413.png (159KB, 700x674px) Image search: [Google]
1495130259413.png
159KB, 700x674px
Sisko did nothing wrong.
>>
File: 1350947316050.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1350947316050.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
>>83540869
>thinking white people will exist in the future
>>
>>83539884
Dude, have you watched any Star Trek shows? This goes back to fucking the first one with Kirk, however the first one was well meaning because back then there was oppression. Now its just SJW bullshit. Even the original Kirk is calling out SJW bullshit.
>>
>>83540869
>Muslim woman
There is no religion in the future. Do you mean arabic?
>>
It looks really bad for discovery.
They've been hemoraging production staff for a few years now, and those show runners were terrible and already made several "no going back" decisions with budget commitments and investment. Robert orci is fucking aweful, he had a hand in fucking it then left. Brian fuller wanted it a bridge between ent and tos and OK'd the dumb design element, then he jumps ship. Finally Alex kurtzman fucks with the merchandising to the point prime timeline merch could be discontinued, HE gets fucking fired.
>Netflix saw the preliminary footage and was reportedly furious
>no one can tell where the fucking thing is set in Trek
>words "hard reboot" being thrown around
> entire production staff that has done Trek for years for effects/sets/ continuity was let go leaving not 1 person who's done this before
>the actors are reporting to talk shit and wonder if it will even see the light of day
>daily rumors of shot scenes you quote "can't give away"
>incredible tension between CBS (ala new Viacom) and Paramount
>numerous Trek alumni having fun on Seth McFarlands dumb parody show
>as insult to injury looks way more like Star Trek than current Star Trek.
>cbs would be fine, but paramount cannot lose big again as beyond lost upwards of 70 million
And my personal favorite
>there's rumors they've already destroyed the sets and there will be no more shooting. I question if this will even come out at all.
It's surreal, the show has everything going against it.
>>
>>83539884
Yeah it's not like Star Trek was doing political bullshit since the 60s or anything.
>>
>>83541103
>>cbs would be fine, but paramount cannot lose big again as beyond lost upwards of 70 million
This is nuts to me. There wasn't even anything else out when Beyond came out, how could it bomb so hard? It was by far the best modern Trek movie out of all the shitty new ones.
>>
>>83540163
Yes, but as far as CBS seeing viewers it's fucked. How did that other CBS Online show fair this year? The mid-season spinoff of the Good Wife.
>>
>>83541183
Terrible trailer and Into Darkness being shit
>>
>>83541183
They spent a lot to get people back after the travesty of "into darkness"
> JJ fucks yours sci-fi franchise then jumps ship
It's just what he does
>>
>>83541198
That fucking beastie boys trailer, my god.
Soo many fumbles.
>>
>>83541198
Yeah they really fucked up with that trailer, holy shit.
>>
>>83541103
>rumor without a source
>rumor without a source
>rumor without a source
So you're pulling this all from your ass?

As a specific refutation to your bullshit, Roberto Orci was never involed with STD.
>>
>>83541371
You can take 2 seconds to google what I've said you lazy faggot, I've followed this for like 15 months, it's all real.
And the bad robot writers were involved up until last year, but here's you're (you)
Fucking idiot
>>
>>83540060
>It's been a long road...
>>
>>83539762
WHERE ARE MY FUCKING SWEATERS AND MINISKIRTS
>>
>>83541410
Please share a source which names Orci as working on STD.
>>
>>83541427
Shit you're right he left Star Trek beyond not discovery.
Well you were right, I was the faggot.
Everything else is fine I think.
>>
>>83541480
>there's rumors they've already destroyed the sets and there will be no more shooting
Can you post a source?
>>
>>83540060
says the guy who probably watched 1, maybe 2 at most episodes
seriously go re-watch from season 1 on and stick with it and tell me it's worse than Voyager...
>>
>>83539762
For once, I'm against these stupid-ass diehard Trek fans who'll shit on this show for no reason for it looking different than, "M-MUH ORIGINALS RUINED! MINISKIRTS? WHERE?" bullshit. They're going to whine and complain about everything other than plot and nitpick everything.

Once that happens, over stupid fucking bullshit than Trek shows will be no more, period.

You guys should be fucking worried. I know it sounds shallow but this show has to work out right, and liking it no matter what. If not, Trek shows are done for. And then we'll have to see Star Trek every year in theaters and I know you guys don't want that.
>>
File: 1443296658701.gif (2MB, 240x220px) Image search: [Google]
1443296658701.gif
2MB, 240x220px
>>83539797
fpbp
>>
>>83540060
ENT really came into its own in Season 3. It's #actually pretty good.
>>
This one shit is already better than all 3 nuTrek JJ films.

(fuck you, I like Sasha from Walking Dead)
>>
>>83539884

WRONG.

They need to stop putting political bullshit IN STARFLEET.

The old shows would always have the Enterprise going to some planet that has a problem that was currently going on on our earth and the Enterprise crew would help them solve it.
>>
>>83541594
True Trek died when Gene Roddenbury died. This nu Trek is an abomination, they have turned it into Star Wars with Star Trek races, uniforms, ships, and names. There hasn't been a decent Trek since the 90s, just let it end already and create something new.
>>
>>83541682

>They need to stop putting political bullshit IN STARFLEET.

Are you retarded? Political bullshit has always been a part of Trek. Even though I hate SJW butterflies it's still a great show.
>>
>>83541642
not liking Beyond is a pleb filter and you just failed
>>
>>83539762
Probably not true. They may sell the rights instead, which could be a really good thing for us.
>>
why the fuck are they keep on making series that takes place in the past before kirk
can they not continue after tng/ds9/voyager
what the fuck
>>
>>83541698
Give it a chance. If not, Trek is dead at this point.

>There hasn't been a decent Trek since the 90s

Please take off your nostalgia goggles faggot.

>just let it end already and create something new.
Uhm, it fucking is you literal retard.
>>
>>83541705

When did I saw it wasn't, moron.

But they didn't have Uhura was an opressed black woman. They did have an episode where an alien species that was left on the black side/white on the right side was racist against the reverse species.
>>
File: Cartwright,_2293.jpg (37KB, 488x544px) Image search: [Google]
Cartwright,_2293.jpg
37KB, 488x544px
>>83541682
>not liking it when Sisko's dad tried to assassinate Eric Forman's dad because of political bullshit

>>83541705
Starfleet, not Star Trek.
>>
>>83541723
>They may sell the rights instead

I know this isn't /v/ but look what happened to Mass Effect Andromeda. They're fucking shelfing the entire franchise because it's launch fucking failed hard. I wouldn't be surprised if it happens again with Discovery.
>>
>>83541713
>not liking Beyond is a pleb filter and you just failed

>shit action movie
>Kirk wanting to retire and be an admiral 2 years into his mission
>Sulu gay
>villain with barely any motivation
>beastie boys

Holy shit, go fucking watch Wrath of Khan you fucking instagrambabbies.
>>
>>83539884
It's like you've never watched star trek before.
>>
>>83540060
S1 and S1 are somewhere between "meh" and "decent", S3 gets pretty good about a third of the way in and S4 is fucking great except for the episode with the nig and the finale that's an abomination unto god.
>>
>>83541751
>>not liking it when Sisko's dad tried to assassinate Eric Forman's dad because of political bullshit

Dude, that was awesome. You know what I mean, I mean MODERN day political bullshit. Starting wars with the Klingons is always good.
>>
>>83541741
please kill yourself. your opinions are worthless.
>>
>>83541764
>I know this isn't /v/ but look what happened to Mass Effect Andromeda. They're fucking shelfing the entire franchise because it's launch fucking failed hard. I wouldn't be surprised if it happens again with Discovery.

I don't give a shit about modern gaming and have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>83541103
>>there's rumors they've already destroyed the sets and there will be no more shooting. I question if this will even come out at all.
You're so full of shit, fuck off without a cited source. Do you realize the amount of work it takes to actually destroy a set?

There's enough to shit on about Discovery, your misinfo /pol/-tier garbage rumors just clutter stuff up.
>>
>>83541807
That poster is being retarded. Mass Effect went from being one of the most profitable new IPs of last gen to getting shelved this gen due to developers cutting corners and expecting fans to swallow it down. The rights aren't being sold, the whole series is just being killed off (keep in mind, this decision was made about 8 weeks after their brand new start-of-a-trilogy game launched).

Not the same situation at all. If Discovery dies people will try to make money off the corpse of Star Trek, and in a decade we'll see another movie or series.
>>
>>83541789
The Undiscovered Country WAS modern day political bullshit. The movie was produced and released during the collapse of the Soviet Union. You were just too young to see the connections.

Well, STD might have some Space Trump in the Federation being influenced by a Space Putin in a rival empire, and it'll just be more of the same political bullshit that made Trek great.
>>
>>83539762
Not sure, considering how troubled the development of this particular one was. If this one implodes like it'll likely happen I could see Star Trek being picked up for a TV series(let it be network, cable, netflix or what have you) in a few years.
>>
>>83540763
>>83540727
Why do people who like ENT seem to have such a hatred for VOY? Is it just because they think deflecting onto another show considered to be bad makes people forget that ENT was complete trash?
>>
>>83541870
That's usually the case with anything.
>>
>>83541853
>The movie was produced and released during the collapse of the Soviet Union. You were just too young to see the connections.

Dude, I saw it in theaters. Praxis exploding = the end of the Klingon empire (USSR) and the Federation (USA) has to deal with the fallout in a peaceful manner.

Let me be more specific, again. No SOCIAL MODERN POLITICAL stuff in STARFLEET, because that stuff was dealt with centuries ago in Star Trek.

>Well, STD might have some Space Trump in the Federation being influenced by a Space Putin in a rival empire, and it'll just be more of the same political bullshit that made Trek great.
I'm glad you're not a writer on the show.
>>
>>83541642

Beyond wasn't directed by JJ.

It was bretty good.
>>
File: DataTNG.jpg (15KB, 325x396px) Image search: [Google]
DataTNG.jpg
15KB, 325x396px
>>83539762
Since it is clear that CBS Corp doesn't want to please fans, that would be fine. No more Star Trek.
You're expecting me to thank them for handing me a turd for lunch?
No. You may enjoy your ST shit pile with a shit eating grin if that's what you want to do.
>>
>>83540688
Difference is decades ago diversity and politics was
>women can be competent commanding officers too and skin colour is irrelevant
>man, woman, species, we all have different qualities and strengths, and through cooperation we can cover each others weaknesses
and a bit of
>gay people exist and that's alright
while today it's
>if you don't have certain qualities you should burn in hell
>every group is oppressed by everyone and everyone should burn in hell
>if you don't fill a certain diversity quota you should burn in hell
>if you disagree you should burn in hell
>evidence is an opinion

Not exactly a powerful message anymore. Politics just doesn't work as TV in the chaotic shit of today.
>>
>>83541898
>because that stuff was dealt with centuries ago in Star Trek.
And that's how it'll be treated. The LGBTQ character won't say
>"Woe is me, I'm oppressed by my cishet superior officers in Starfleet."
They'll say
>"Starfleet is awesome, everybody accepts me for who I am. I'm so glad that humanity stopped oppressing people like me centuries ago."
And then they'll move on to discussing the next plot point about an unwelcomed phase variance in the cooling coils of the auxiliary EPS relay.
>>
>>83542011
>>"Starfleet is awesome, everybody accepts me for who I am. I'm so glad that humanity stopped oppressing people like me centuries ago."

Geordi never said that. Women never said that.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (113KB, 1200x837px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
113KB, 1200x837px
Alright lads, I've watched TOS and loved it for it's campy charm, and I'm watching DS9 and loving it for it's writing, but for the life of me I can't get into TNG.
TNG just so flat and dull. The characters aren't interesting, the purely episodic structure is frustrating and the tension is nonexistent. It's as optimistic as TOS, but without the retro-futuristic elements and 60's perspective it comes across as naive rather than endearing. I'll admit I'm a cynical person, but TOS was a wholesome relief from that cynicism, while TNG's is just annoying. Seeing complex problems be oversimplified and solved with inspiration speeches gets old very fast.
Wesley in particular is extremely annoying, and I've since learned from /tv/ that he only gets worse as time goes on. Everything about him is frustrating and unfair; just compare his character development and progression through Starfleet to that of Nog from DS9.

I dunno, everybody here seems to love TNG, but I don't see the appeal. Does it get any better?
I'm on season 2 right now, and I'm willing to force myself to continue if there's some garunatee that it'll eventually payoff.
>>
>>83542011
>>"Starfleet is awesome, everybody accepts me for who I am. I'm so glad that humanity stopped oppressing people like me centuries ago."
Nobody says that. Do you think the fucking potatoes and whops go around saying "whoopdedoo kumbaya, I'm so glad I'm not a slave that gets gunned down in the street for being a disgusting subhuman beast"
>>
>>83542061
>Geordi never said that.
Not about being black, but he did say that stuff about being blind.

>>83542086
You don't talk about phase variances in your EPS relays either.
>>
>>83541764
>>83541848
I'm actually glad they're shelving it. After the trainwreck that was 3 and now this turd I want the to stop dragging the ME brandname through the mud already.
>>
>>83542110
>Not about being black, but he did say that stuff about being blind.

What did he say exactly? And with his visor Geordi wasn't "blind" anymore. If he was a legit blind guy using a walking stick and a braille control panel, then yeah, his statement would be more pertinent.
>>
I honestly hope it isn't tied up by what happens in the series based after the time period Discovery is based in. I hope they just start a new universe otherwise it's going to be very limited in what they can do.
>>
>>83542084
It gets better with season 3.

Did you reach the season 2 episode "The Measure of a Man" yet? That's the level of quality that TNG is remembered for. That's the level of quality that it starts to reach regularly beginning with season 3.
>>
>>83542133
He told the Romulans that Romulans are inferior and Humans are superior because humanity doesn't see Geordi as handicapped but rather instead as handicapable.
>>
>>83541196
that was a online exclusive?

>Let make a spinoff show about the good w wife with literally everyone but the good wife.
>>
File: 12321312312.jpg (67KB, 540x534px) Image search: [Google]
12321312312.jpg
67KB, 540x534px
>CBS streaming only

It's won't last 1 season
>>
>>83542084
S1 is fucking terrible but at least S2 had some decent episodes such as Measure of a Man and the one with the borg. I'd say stick through it or if you lack the patience just watch those episodes and jump straight to S3.
>>
>>83542193
Netflix tho.
>there are tourists shitposting in /trek/ threads who STILL don't know.
>>
>>83542183
>He told the Romulans that Romulans are inferior and Humans are superior because humanity doesn't see Geordi as handicapped but rather instead as handicapable.

But again would he be in Star Fleet if for some reason the visor was incompatible with his eyes? Probably not. They couldn't have a blind motherfucker reading braille when the warp core is about to overload.
>>
File: 1481544606494.png (271KB, 640x357px) Image search: [Google]
1481544606494.png
271KB, 640x357px
>There will never be a Star Trek series based in the 25th century.

FUCK
>>
>>83541870
>implying I hated Voyager
Christ dude, thats not the point im making at all. Im just saying it was LESS of a dumpster fire than Voyager, and it was more enjoyable. I like both series, ENT is just better than VOY, and it doesnt deserve all the shit it gets.
>>
File: 1490976715723.png (195KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1490976715723.png
195KB, 300x300px
>>83542195
>S1 is fucking terrible

>that head of security they could have replaced with a wooden plank and no one would have seen a difference
>>
>>83541103
>cbs would be fine, but paramount cannot lose big again as beyond lost upwards of 70 million
What kind of shit are you talking?

They made $343 mil on a $185 mil budget.
http://www.boxofficemojo.com/movies/?id=startrek2016.htm
>>
>>83539762
Yeah, and if we don't gib billions to foreign countries for fuck all nothing, then everyone dies.

Fuck off, you pathetic shill.
>>
>>83542262
>They made $343 mil on a $185 mil budget.

Dude, to even break even nowadays the box office # has to double the budget.

Half that money goes into the theaters pockets, marketing costs, backend points to actors/director, etc, they don't keep 100% of the money from international deals, etc.
>>
>>83542221
Right, being blind didn't stop Geordi from being a good officer. Just like how being LGBTQ doesn't stop someone from being a good officer.

So the LGBTQ character will casually mention that humanity is great in the 23rd century and that humanity sucked in the early 21st century. Then they'll stop talking about it, and they'll connect the duotronic circuits and reroute emergency power along the primary neutron shunt.
>>
>>83542195
>>83542148
I'm on S02E07, so just a couple of episodes away from The Measure of a Man. I'll force myself through it, but if season 3 isn't better then I'll just look up the best episodes and skip to them.
Thanks fellas.
>>
>>83539762
The marketing for the show is dog shit. It's going to fail. Regardless of it being good.
>>
>>83542259
Exactly.
>>
>>83539762
Even if it's terrible, they'll try to redo it another 10 years anyway.

The fanbase loves Star Trek too much and has too much disposable income for them to be able to resist. Besides, it's not like CBS has a ton of great IPs sitting around.
>>
>>83542302
>Right, being blind didn't stop Geordi from being a good officer.

But Geordi wasn't "BLIND" he had super advanced tech to help him see. Unless they make some fucking visor to make the LGBTQ's less faggy, then it's not a fair comparison.

>Then they'll stop talking about it,
You really believe that?
>>
Any Hoshi x Porthos fan fiction?
>>
>>83542340
>Unless they make some fucking visor to make the LGBTQ's less faggy, then it's not a fair comparison.
An LGBTQ person can't be a good officer?

You really believe that?
>>
File: op-is-a-collosal-fag-phlox.jpg (90KB, 680x709px) Image search: [Google]
op-is-a-collosal-fag-phlox.jpg
90KB, 680x709px
>>83539762
Good chance OP is actually Shatner, and he has a personal monetary interest in that crap-assed pc creepshow he's pushing.
>>
File: 1471960696673.jpg (9KB, 120x140px) Image search: [Google]
1471960696673.jpg
9KB, 120x140px
>Ameribibles
>>
>>83541998
>>if you don't have certain qualities you should burn in hell
>>every group is oppressed by everyone and everyone should burn in hell
>>if you don't fill a certain diversity quota you should burn in hell
>>if you disagree you should burn in hell
>>evidence is an opinion

Dude, are you fucking serious? No, they're not going to have that garbage stop being such a fucking retard.
>>
>>83542340
>through technology advances even a blind person is equally capable if not more
remade today
>chief engineer magically pulls off his job with no assistance at all despite being blind as a fucking bat
>>
>>83542363
>An LGBTQ person can't be a good officer?

Sure, but they don't have to have a fucking line pushing it. If Star Trek was made today it would be:

>"It was so much harder for black people centuries ago"
>"Women couldn't be leaders centuries ago"
>"LGBTQ's didn't have transgender bathrooms centuries ago"
>"Arabs were considered brutal terrorists centuries ago"
>>
>>83542084
>Wesley in particular is extremely annoying, and I've since learned from /tv/ that he only gets worse as time goes on.

Whoever said that is a fucking retard who never watched an episode past the first season.
>>
>>83542379
>pc creepshow he's pushing.

Star Trek was all about PC. How young are you?
>>
>>83542413
>>chief engineer magically pulls off his job with no assistance at all despite being blind as a fucking bat

How the fuck would he do that?
>>
>>83542443
Are you implying a blind person isn't equally capable to any other person you fucking shitlord?
>>
>>83539762
Well, probably not for another fifteen years, no.

Modern television that wants to embrace diversity doesn't actually embrace diversity. It embraces the idea of everyone but the straight white man being empowered.

The TOS pilot was "Let's have the typical white Captain uniting with at least two women, one of whom should be first officer, and let's make sure there's an alien on the bridge as well".
TOS was "Let's keep the typical white American Captain and unite with a black woman, a Brit, an Asian, and a Russian. And if we can't have a female first officer let's make it that alien at least".

TNG was "Alright. Let's do away with the sex-symbol Captain and make him more learned and educated. Let's also get at least two black actors and two women on the bridge, and we need a Klingon on the bridge to symbolise the US and the Russians putting aside their differences."

DS9 was "Alright, time for a black captain. Make sure we get a white first officer, and let's keep some aliens and at least two women on the bridge."

VOY was "We did black, now we're going female. Make sure we get a male first officer, and as always let's make sure we have aliens and at least one black guy on the bridge. We also got a bit of backlash for not having an Asian in our last two series, so let's fix that as well."

ENT was "Let's try and do TOS again. Black. Asian. Brit. Alien first officer. Female representation".

Discovery is fucked. We want another female lead and another non-white lead, so we're going to do both. But we want to please everyone so we'll make her first officer but still the main character. Also, no more than half of the cast is allowed to be white. And even though the show is called Discovery, another ship needs to be featured just as heavily, and that one needs to have a Captain who is also both female and non-white.

Every previous series has been about giving everyone a voice, but this one is about making sure one very specific voice isn't too loud.
>>
>>83542422
>"It was so much harder for black people centuries ago"
>"Women couldn't be leaders centuries ago"
>"LGBTQ's didn't have transgender bathrooms centuries ago"
>"Arabs were considered brutal terrorists centuries ago"
Yes, this is exactly what I'm expecting them to do. I just don't see why you're making such a big deal out of it.

They'll spend 1 or 2 lines of dialogue on it, then they'll move on to discussing the movements of the Klingon fleet or the new archaelogical find on Fakename VII.
>>
>>83542460
>Are you implying a blind person isn't equally capable to any other person you fucking shitlord?

Dude, would you let a fucking blind person fly a plane? There's limitations to ALL disabilities in some form or another. There's no way Geordi without his visor could run around engineering, checking readouts on the various control panels, give commands to engineers at other stations, and stop the warp core from overloading all within the span of 40 seconds.

Blind Geordi probably couldn't find his communicator insignia on his shirt to contact the bridge.
>>
>>83542480
>a Brit
Daily Reminder that Scotland will be independent by the 23rd century.
>>
>>83542480
>Modern television that wants to embrace diversity doesn't actually embrace diversity. It embraces the idea of everyone but the straight white man being empowered.

Dude, you literally sound like an alt-right Tumblrite faggot. "muh white males". Fuck off.

>Every previous series has been about giving everyone a voice, but this one is about making sure one very specific voice isn't too loud.

Holy shit we got a faggot over here. "OMG MUH WHITE MALES GONE NOW BC OF SJW'S!!!1111 OUTRAGE! REEE".
>>
>>83542482
>Yes, this is exactly what I'm expecting them to do. I just don't see why you're making such a big deal out of it.

Because it's fucking pandering, cringe shit.

They had 50 years of Trek without it. It's everything wrong with tv and films today.

>They'll spend 1 or 2 lines of dialogue on it, then they'll move on to discussing the movements of the Klingon fleet or the new archaelogical find on Fakename VII.
Yeah, they'll just have a few lines and drop it. Have you watched modern tv shows. They mention that shit EVERY episode on some shows.

Supergirl isn't a bad show, but every episode it's "waaaah, I can do what the male Kryptonian Superman does even though I'm a girl!"
>>
>>83542562
I don't watch capeshit, and I think less of you as a person now that I know that you do.
>>
>>83542480
You're overreacting. Star Trek has always been SJW. I'm conservative and I respect peoples opinions and politics and I still enjoy Trek. If you're going to be as triggered as the Left than you should kindly fuck off you speshul snowflake.
>>
>>83542562
This. I went to see the new Pirates movie with my family, and both my mom and my sister were getting visibly upset with the pandering "Im a female scientist see how smart I am? Silly boys teehee". Pandering is getting to the point where even the people getting pandered to are sick of it.
>>
File: >tfw unified Ireland.jpg (17KB, 233x269px) Image search: [Google]
>tfw unified Ireland.jpg
17KB, 233x269px
>>83542511
Also, Ireland will be unified by the 24th century.

REMOOV BRITTEN FROM STAR TREK
>>
>>83542582
>Star Trek has always been SJW.
But SJW today isn't anywhere close to SJW then. That's the thing.
>>
>>83542579
>I don't watch capeshit, and I think less of you as a person now that I know that you do.

So you don't watch capeshit (with fucking hot Melissa Benoist), but you're willing to watch a Star Trek where they constantly bring up "muh heritage, muh skin color, muh vagina, muh lbtgq"

You're so sad.
>>
>>83539762
Nobody gives a shit about Trek anymore.Part of the reason why Star Trek was such a big deal back then because problematic bullshit regarding the discrimination of blacks, gays etc. were the social norm back then. Now it's the opposite, and as such Trek will never be as groundbreaking as it once was. It's not like Star Wars which makes idiots cream themselves just by looking at the title, even the new movies make less profit with each new iteration.
>>
>>83542617
>where they constantly bring up
Wait for it to come out, Chicken Little.

>willingly and regularly watching capeshit
>thinking you can call out anything else as being "everything wrong with tv and films today"
L o l .
>>
>>83542615
We've only seen a fucking trailer and you're automatically assuming that the SJW shit in Trek is bad. Don't take the SJW culture that's not even a part of Trek into this show.

I swear to God, these alt-right faggots (again, I'm a conservative) is going to ruin it because of "MUH SJW PANDERING WAH!" faggots gonna cry. fuck off.
>>
>>83542635
>People like trek because of diversity
No, most people like trek because its good, fun sci-fi.
>>
>>83542635
>Now it's the opposite, and as such Trek will never be as groundbreaking as it once was.

It was grounbreaking, but groundbreaking wouldn't have survived 50 years and new generations of fans.

Star Trek had great characters, storylines, upbeat messages, some good actions sequences, etc.
>>
>>83542647
I'm sorry are you by any chance conservative?
Asking for a friend.
>>
>>83539762
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Maybe have a better actor for the main character and dont have it hidden behind a shitty paywall while I still have to watch advertisements
>>
File: Bele_and_Lokai.jpg (51KB, 1023x765px) Image search: [Google]
Bele_and_Lokai.jpg
51KB, 1023x765px
>>83542562
Nigga have you even seen a single episode of the show? I'm starting think you're just afraid of your own imagination.
>>
>>83542532
>>83542582
I don't know if you're able to appreciate the irony in calling someone alt-right while also naming them a faggot, but I promise you it's in there.

My point is that making sure everyone is represented in positions of power is different from carefully balancing genders and ethnicities in order to suppress voices you don't like.

If we had a gay male captain, a female first officer, and then like an Asian doctor, a black engineer, and then miscellaneous actors/actresses playing the other roles based on the strengths of their auditions rather than their genitals or colour of their skin, that'd be fine.
In fact, I actually really wanted a gay Captain because I thought it would be a great next step after the black captain and the female captain we got in DS9 and VOY.
But Discovery isn't doing that.

Also, I lean to the left. I'm not a conservative.
>>
File: Dis.jpg (24KB, 322x322px) Image search: [Google]
Dis.jpg
24KB, 322x322px
>>83541499
>no response
Behold the Disney shill.

The Disney shill can shitpost 24/7 about their competitors at CBS, but magically they disappear as soon as a request arrives for a source.
>>
>>83542640
>Wait for it to come out, Chicken Little.

You already said you anticipate them mentioning all that stuff and you're ok with that. Now it's "wait and see"?

Also, unless if it's to go 100% against the grain of current tv and film, it will be just another pandering shit show.

>willingly and regularly watching capeshit
>thinking you can call out anything else as being "everything wrong with tv and films today"

"herr derr you watch a show with a hot girl, your opinion is now invalid on EVERYTHING"

Jesus bro, you're fucking pathetic. Keep defending your "i agree with them mentioning black, gay, women, heritage issues every episode" schtick.
>>
File: gayness_overdose.jpg (159KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
gayness_overdose.jpg
159KB, 1440x1080px
>>83542441
Talk about beating a dead horse.
Tng was bad enough.
We got a short repreive with Enterprise.
Now they're using a goddamned sledgehammer.
Fuck off, you obvious merchant.
>>
>>83542672
>Nigga have you even seen a single episode of the show? I'm starting think you're just afraid of your own imagination.

I literally mentioned that episode in this post:
>>83541743

The Enterprise would go to a planet, and the population would have a problem similar to our modern day earth problems and the Enterprise crew would solve it.

If this ep was made today, it would be about how the white starfleet officer isn't checking his privilege enough with the black star fleet officer.
>>
>>83542676
Jesus christ, get the hell out.

>muh great next step
>muh diversity
>We need token fags and minorities instead of just writing something thats actually good

YOU are whats killing cinema.
>>
This new show will be shit, but complaining about progressive values in Star Trek seems extremely redundant. If you're uncomfortable with liberal idea's then the show simply isn't for you.
TOS was set in a communist utopia and aired during the fucking Cold War; if that didn't tip you off to the show political leanings then nothing will.

You /pol/tards need to calm the fuck down and choose something else to complain about. Whining about liberalism in Star Trek is obnoxiously entitled, and while I'd very rarely use that word under normal circumstances it is totally applicable here. You could hardly choose a more misguided thing to complain about.
>>
>>83542699
>You already said you anticipate
Correct. I think it'll happen, but I don't know it'll happen. "Wait and see" is the correct approach.

>herr derr you watch a show with a hot girl
I didn't say anything about a hot girl. I'm laughing at you because you watch capeshit.

But you know what? Now I'm laughing at you for using your teenage horniness to justify watching shit. Come on, we're on the internet. Just go look up porn if you're horny. What, are you afraid your parents will catch you?
>>
>>83540060
Enterprise was by far one of the greatest of the series as a whole
>>
>>83542735
>If this ep was made today, it would be about how the white starfleet officer isn't checking his privilege enough with the black star fleet officer.

Now you're pulling shit out of your ass now.

>>83542774
THIS.
>>
>>83542774
>Whining about liberalism in Star Trek is obnoxiously entitled

We're not whining about liberalism, we're whining about how they are using SJW bullshit to drive the show (as opposed to good characters and storylines).

In TOS, no one on the bridge cared that Uhura was black. But in this new Trek, you can bet your ass that the gay/trans character will have "stand out" moments where they get to mention their struggle.
>>
>>83539762
you seem to be insinuating that such an occurrence would be a bad thing
>>
File: 1453303206077.gif (614KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
1453303206077.gif
614KB, 500x300px
>>83539839
>>83539831
>>83539884
All these.

I'm tired of having all my beloved franchises ruined by greedy unoriginal kikes shoving PC bullshit down my throat.

Get an original idea or fuck off.
Stop making money off dead concepts from my childhood.
>>
>>83542764
What? I'm saying that less minorities is what the show needs. Did you actually read what I said?
>>
>>83541741
>Please take off your nostalgia goggles faggot.

This Star Trek Discovery is another reboot. Nostalgia? I wanted to see Star Trek progress beyond TNG, and Voyager, not go backwards, and start over again.
>>
>>83542774
>complaining about progressive values in Star Trek
Who was doing that?
My point was there are no progressive values worth a fuck for it to cover today.
>>
>>83542779
>Correct. I think it'll happen, but I don't know it'll happen. "Wait and see" is the correct approach.

Fine. But based on the current state of tv and film, the scale is tipping 99% in my favor.

>But you know what? Now I'm laughing at you for using your teenage horniness to justify watching shit.
Whatever bro, what thinks gives you the high ground. So you have zero guilty pleasures?

>Just go look up porn if you're horny.
I like Superman mythos shit. Supergirl is hot (I'm not some fucking cuck porn degenerate like you are, obviously), and the show is ok (not great, but most shows aren't nowadays).

But you think SJW Trek will be great, so your opinion is invalid. See how stupid I sound saying that? That's how stupid you sound.
>>
>>83542774
>tfw I hate Discovery because I hate lens flares, Dutch angles, faux-epic schlock and mindless action scenes
>tfw I end up defending Discovery on /tv/ because /pol/ hates it for starring a black woman
It's not fair. Why can't we have a Discovery Hate Thread for posters who aren't tourists?
>>
File: FaggotSulu.jpg (51KB, 640x424px) Image search: [Google]
FaggotSulu.jpg
51KB, 640x424px
>>83542764
But it's "their turn".

<pukes>
>>
>>83542796
>Now you're pulling shit out of your ass now.

No I'm not. That's what made Star Trek so great. The racism in that episode was so subtle that the first time you watch it you weren't even sure what they were fighting about, then when they explained it you realized it was similar to our racial situation (in the 1960s).

There's NO WAY they're not gonna have numerous moments where the trans character "struggles" with being a trans officer. NO WAY. Writers don't write with that kind of subtlety anymore for the young audience of today.
>>
>>83542871
>and the show is ok
If politics didn't ruin Supergirl for you, then you shouldn't let politics ruin Star Trek for you.

>But you think SJW Trek will be great,
I never said Discovery will be great.

I said political bullshit was great, and Undiscovered Country was my example

Discovery will be terrible, I just think that you're bashing it for all the wrong reasons.
>>
>>83542922
>Let That Be Your Last Battlefield
>subtle
Your post is making me dizzy. I think I need to lay down for a bit.
>>
>>83542922
Not that guy but "subtle" isn't the word I'd use to describe it, since they reference and outright discuss the real world Jim Crow in one scene.
>>
>>83542862
He just wanted everyone to know he's a liberal or something, but made sure to cover all his bases so you couldn't retort without being accused of being from /pol/
>>
>>83542936
>If politics didn't ruin Supergirl for you, then you shouldn't let politics ruin Star Trek for you.

Supergirl was never great, and it never had a pre-established 50 year TV presence that set a very high bar.

Star Trek can get ruined by this shit.

>I said political bullshit was great, and Undiscovered Country was my example
And I agreed, and then I said social political shit is terrible.

>Discovery will be terrible, I just think that you're bashing it for all the wrong reasons.
They're the right reasons, and it's the reason why most tv/film are shit. Forcing ideas down throats instead of crafting good characters and stories.
>>
>>83542922
This. And it's all the more shitty because the entire point of the future that Star Trek presents is that humanity has moved beyond such silly concepts like racism, homophobia, etc.
No Starfleet Officer in the 23rd century should be dealing with a racist superior. All that does is tell audiences that the problems of today are going to persist over the next couple of hundred of years. That's fucked.

The idea is to see a unified crew representing a good, educated Earth helping other planets they come across, and THOSE planets have issues. And then we relate those planet's issues to the audiences issues today. The captain gives a speech, and then come the episode's end the idea is for the audience to reflect on the issues of this alien planet and move forward as a people to one day be like the Federation we see on-screen. Even in DS9, Sisko talks about how it's really sad that black people were treated badly but how it's really good that humanity considers every person equal now.

So if they're showing officers on Federation ships being discriminated against, that's fucked.
>>
>>83542979
>Not that guy but "subtle" isn't the word I'd use to describe it, since they reference and outright discuss the real world Jim Crow in one scene.

You didn't read what I wrote. I said they didn't even know why the 2 guys were fighting until it was revealed that the colors on their faces were reversed. Then they mentioned Jim Crow to show the similarities to earth history.

If this ep was made today, the black starfleet officer would be bringing up Jim Crow to the white starfleet officer.
>>
>>83541594
Stop trying to scare retards into buying your bullshit.
>>
File: 161138148.jpg (369KB, 1024x706px) Image search: [Google]
161138148.jpg
369KB, 1024x706px
>>83541031
>thinking brown people can get to space
>>
>>83542781
Not better than TNG though.
>>
>>83542994
>Supergirl was never great, and it never had a pre-established 50 year TV presence that set a very high bar.
You don't count it as part of the 80 years of Superman mythos?

STD is just another spinoff. It's the same as Supergirl being a spinoff of Superman. It can't ruin Star Trek any more than Supergirl could ruin Superman.

>most tv/film are shit
Again, lol. Watch something other than genre fiction.
>>
>>83543081
Enterprise was FAR better than that faggy show.
>>
>>83543050
>So if they're showing officers on Federation ships being discriminated against, that's fucked.
So far, there is no evidence of this. It's just a 4chan fantasy.
>>
"I'm a jew, and you're not."
Shatner the std shill
>>
>>83542735
>>83542819
>>83542862
>If this ep was made today, it would be about how the white starfleet officer isn't checking his privilege enough with the black star fleet officer.
You're paranoid.

I'm sure you'd love to have your delusional persecution complex be justified in reality, but at the moment you your moral panic is just a hypothetical. The basis for all of your concerns is an outrage fantasy that you secretly wish would would true because it would create some flimsy justifications for your alt-right beliefs.
As it stand right now, you're just fear mongering, and projecting a strawman ideology onto a show that isn't even released yet.

You faggots need to calm the fuck down and take a hard look at yourself. You like to think of yourselves as the practical minded realists, who just "say it like it is," but you're peddling a meme-filled hysteria. The show hasn't even been released and you're already losing your shit.
It's fucking pathetic, and ultimately even worse than the far-right moral panic of the 90's, because at least they had a religious motivation behind their bullshit, whereas you faggots were simply indoctrinated by fucking frog memes.

For the record, I'm not saying this show would be good, or even that it won't be full of SJW extremist pandering. However, your concerns are currently nothing more than speculations. Logical people don't defend speculations as facts, or stand behind them in the face of uncertainty.
>>
>>83543098
>You don't count it as part of the 80 years of Superman mythos?

SUPERGIRL. Totally different (I even watched that shitty Krytpo dog cartoon, I just like to keep up with the universe, no matter how shitty it is).

>STD is just another spinoff. It's the same as Supergirl being a spinoff of Superman. It can't ruin Star Trek any more than Supergirl could ruin Superman.
Only a fucking moron would believe that. Supergirl is teeny bopper nonsense and I'm not even sure in which of the dozens of Superman canon universes it takes place in.

Star Trek Discovery will take place in the main Star Trek universe (unlike JJ Trek, which clearly takes places in an alternate timeline).

>Again, lol. Watch something other than genre fiction.
I watch lots of stuff, the quality is overall worse than 20+ years ago.
>>
>>83542480
>Also, no more than half of the cast is allowed to be white.
Is this true?
>>
>>83539762

is that a nignog captain? dropped
>>
>>83543119
>So far, there is no evidence of this. It's just a 4chan fantasy.

So you think Hollywood (and CBS no less) is going to write a Star Trek show about a black captain (or first officer, whatever Sasha is), with a trans/gay character and NOT have them going on preachy pandering tirades?

That's like saying Modern Family won't have an episode where they don't bring up the fat guy is flaming homo.
>>
File: 3125479-3061698-5.jpg (61KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
3125479-3061698-5.jpg
61KB, 1024x576px
>>83542225
>>83541736
The game Star Trek Online was continuing the post-JJ Abrahms "real universe" storyline after Romulus' went supernova and the Romulan Empire basically collapsed into chaos.

It was a pretty good storyline, actually. The Romulans suffered a military coup. The Cardies were truly reforming with Federation support, but the Bajorans wanted none of that shit. The Orions were up to their usual tricks.

Too bad the game itself was kinda repetitive and dull. I played for a year back in 2014.

I miss my Andorian semen demon officer desu.
>>
>>83543077
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_African-American_astronauts

You were saying?
>>
>>83543142
>I'm sure you'd love to have your delusional persecution complex be justified in reality, but at the moment you your moral panic is just a hypothetical.

Just watch, bro. It's happening on almost every tv show and film. I didn't see the new Pirates of the Caribeean film, but I heard it had a girl scientist who kept going on about how smart she was and how dumb the guys were.

I'm just playing the odds, and the odds are in my favor. You can say "herr derr you're a paranoid alt-right troll!" all you want, but just look at the media landscape and see that this is the law of the land now.
>>
>>83543201
>a black captain
And there you have it.

These /pol/ tourists don't even know what the show will be about. They just force themselves to be angry at it because their lives are empty without anger.
>>
File: 686766923956638427.jpg (12KB, 281x348px) Image search: [Google]
686766923956638427.jpg
12KB, 281x348px
>>83543193
>>
>>83542480
>Every previous series has been about giving everyone a voice, but this one is about making sure one very specific voice isn't too loud.
This. Exactly 100% this.
>>
>>83543242
>And there you have it.

That's why I said "or whatever Sasha is". The show isn't out yet, so we don't know for sure.
>>
File: 1495702669124.jpg (52KB, 1010x568px) Image search: [Google]
1495702669124.jpg
52KB, 1010x568px
>>83540060
REEEEEEEEEEEE
Fuck you. It's the best StarTrek
>>
>>83543166
>SUPERGIRL. Totally different
And STD is totally different from TOS.

> I just like to keep up with the universe, no matter how shitty it is
Fucking lol.

>Star Trek Discovery will take place in the main Star Trek universe
So did Voyager and Enterprise. They were garbage, but they didn't ruin Star Trek.

STD can't ruin Star Trek because 99% of the normie population doesn't even know that STD exists.

>I watch lots of stuff
You watch capeshit and scifi. Get some perspective.
>>
>>83543203
Have you played at all lately, dude? Theres all kinds of shit to do and expanded lore. Delta quadrant stuff, mirror universe, temproal hijinks...
>>
>>83543236
We sent chimps and dogs into space too. Doesn't mean they created the tools to get there.
>>
>>83543273
>The show isn't out yet, so we don't know for sure.
We do know for sure. She's the first officer, and Jason Isaacs is the captain. Pay attention, tourist.
>>
>>83543242
>/pol/ tourists
implying
>/pol/ doesn't watch tv

Eat a dick you pompous queer
>>
>>83543279
Do a cap with the phaser beam
>>
>>83543281
>And STD is totally different from TOS.

No it isn't. If you watched both you would understand. The Trek's are all in the same universe. Supergirl is barely in the Superman universe (it's pretty much always been treated as a side story that's barely canon).

>Fucking lol.
Guilty pleasure, bro, I'm sure you have some too. (like arguing how SJW shit is good for Star Trek).

>So did Voyager and Enterprise. They were garbage, but they didn't ruin Star Trek.
They were bad because of poor characters and stories, not because of forced political pandering. Big difference.

>You watch capeshit and scifi. Get some perspective.
You're right, I'm totally lying. Under 18's like you should be banned from /tv/
>>
>>83543305
>We do know for sure. She's the first officer, and Jason Isaacs is the captain. Pay attention, tourist.

That's why I said "whoever Sasha is". The show changes constantly, and might change again for all we know.
>>
>>83543292
>Have you played at all lately, dude?
No, I got a job and started college again.
Literally no time in my agenda to fit anything other than a little shitposting every now and then.

Glad to hear it has gotten better.
>>
>>83541103
Fuck off Seth.
Yeah, your show will be better, no need to gloat about it
>>
>>83542084
>>
File: 1493248881700.png (89KB, 902x488px) Image search: [Google]
1493248881700.png
89KB, 902x488px
>>83543353
Attention all decks, Reed Alert
>>
>>83543238
Feel free to whine about female scientists all you like, but please keep your concerns based in reality and contained in /pol/.
We don't need your politically motivated hysterical speculation shitting up our Trek threads.
>>
File: sheboon.png (475KB, 600x482px) Image search: [Google]
sheboon.png
475KB, 600x482px
come get your std, fellas
>>
>>83543354
>They were bad because of poor characters and stories, not because of forced political pandering. Big difference.
The point is that being bad didn't ruin Star Trek.

If Discovery is bad too, that won't ruin Star Trek either.

>You're right, I'm totally lying.
All you can talk about is Superman, Star Trek and Pirates of the Caribbean. What next, Ghostbusters? Seriously, broaden your horizons.
>>
>>83543414
>Feel free to whine about female scientists all you like, but please keep your concerns based in reality and contained in /pol/.
>We don't need your politically motivated hysterical speculation shitting up our Trek threads.

You really don't get.

Scully on the X-Files was a brilliant scientist, but she didn't go around talking about being a female scientist and flaunting her vagina in Mulder's face.

They used to make movies where the girl was smarter than the guy, and the audience picked up on it. Now it's all about the girl making some message about oppression, or sexism, or whatever.
>>
>>83543375
You called her a captain because you're a tourist who doesn't pay attention. Saying she's "a black captain (or whatever she is)" doesn't excuse you for getting the facts as they currently are (and as we've known them for months) wrong.
>>
>>83543414
then stop shitting up trek with your retarded pc crap
>>
>>83543242
Fuck off back to plebbit. Always shitting up threads crying about le pol bogeyman.
>>
>>83543484
>be wrong
>be called out as being wrong
>"It's not my fault that I was wrong! Blame everybody other than me!"
>>
>>83543436
>The point is that being bad didn't ruin Star Trek.
I never said Star Trek Discovery would ruin Star Trek. I said it would suck compared to other Star Treks (and that it might set a bad precedent going forward about ignoring characters and storylines for social messages).

>ll you can talk about is Superman, Star Trek and Pirates of the Caribbean. What next, Ghostbusters? Seriously, broaden your horizons.
Uh, what classical literature or avant garde cinema are you bringing to the conversation? All you keep talking about is how SJW shit is great. Why don't you bring up the episodes of "Girls" that you watched recently?
>>
>>83543403
Love it
>>
>>83543467
>You called her a captain because you're a tourist who doesn't pay attention. Saying she's "a black captain (or whatever she is)" doesn't excuse you for getting the facts as they currently are (and as we've known them for months) wrong.

Dude, this show has changed numerous times (in terms of characters and actors since its inception), the idea that you're trying to nail me on some point is fucking insane autism on your part).
>>
>>83543508
typical libtard behavior
>>
File: wew.png (4MB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
wew.png
4MB, 1920x1200px
>>83543279
>>
>>83543508
So you have paranoid schizophrenia as well.

The state of your life.
>>
I don't have much faith in modern writers being able to write a black female that isn't the perfect female jesus herself.
>>
>>83543561
I have always wondered.
Is he a dicklet, or did they taped his dick down?
>>
File: 1468815030163.png (178KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1468815030163.png
178KB, 500x500px
>>83543451
He is right.
Just like Morgan Freeman is right here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mh8mUia75k8

PC culture is toxic and only breeds hate.
True egalitarians should aim for race/gender/etc to become absolutely irrelevant, and for individual achievement to be the only reason for success (true meritocracy).

Instead, the modern PC culture, as opposed to 1970s/1990s, aims to bring up racial barriers again with reverse discrimination, bring up racial resentment with ethnic quotas, crusading against "problematic" language, demonization of whites/males/CIS, affirmative action, etc.

It's like a pendulum. I think we had found a center in the 1990s and now it's overshooting in the other direction. (Or in both directions, actually, if you consider the alt-right). It's very a dangerous (worldwide, I'm not even American) polarization of politics, they are tearing apart the center.
>>
>>83543515
>I never said Star Trek Discovery would ruin Star Trek.
You said "Star Trek can get ruined by this shit."

In response to "It can't ruin Star Trek any more than Supergirl could ruin Superman" you said "Only a fucking moron would believe that."

I don't know, maybe you were saying that in response to me calling STD a spinoff. Maybe you can backpedal and claim that you don't know what "spinoff" means.
>>
>>83543545
Sasha is the main character, something Trek hasn't ever had before, it's easy to kistake that being the captain based on how other Treks have worked.

Ignore the r*ddit tourist.
>>
>>83543596
Tight underwear and a half-chub.

You've never had a boner in tight underwear before?
>>
>>83543545
When has she EVER been listed as not being the first officer?

>>83543620
>paying attention means you're a tourist
Other way around.
>>
File: TripIsDaMan.png (2MB, 1872x1056px) Image search: [Google]
TripIsDaMan.png
2MB, 1872x1056px
>>83543596
Yeah, by all indications he was a dicklet.
>>
>>83541870
ENT>=VOY>>DS9>>>>TNG>TOS
>>
>>83543616
>You said "Star Trek can get ruined by this shit."

I obviously meant the current (Discovery) and future versions. Obviously you can't "ruin" the previous stuff. Same way Force Awakens sucks and ruined future Star Wars, but didn't ruin Eps IV-VI.

You really misinterpreted what I said, I would expect no less from a moron like you.

Again, since my taste in media topics is so bad, what great episode of "Girls" are you going to be quoting to help your argument?
>>
>>83543586
It's sad because Benny was black Jesus. The writers for this crap are going to make her Rey.
>>
>>83543644
>When has she EVER been listed as not being the first officer?

Not sure, I don't really pay to much attention to shows that are in development hell and change tons of details. You're reaching supernova levels of autism right now.
>>
>>83543682
>I said X
>but I ~obviously~ meant Y
Okay, you win the discussion.

I can't argue with someone who doesn't say what they mean.
>>
>>83543700
But there haven't ever been any changes regarding her status as first officer. We've known that she's the first officer since they first announced her character. You've had months and months to catch up. Where have you been?

>I don't really pay to much attention
Oh it shows, Anon, it shows.
>>
>>83543703
>I can't argue with someone who doesn't say what they mean.

How in the fuck did you interpret me saying "this could ruin Star Trek" as "this could ruin every episode of Star Trek and movie from the past 50 years". Dude, you really need read more carefully and use common sense.

And by the way, you accused me of using Superman and Pirates movies in the conversation, but you still have offered no alternatives on your end to prove how cinematically enlightened you are.
>>
>>83543739
>But there haven't ever been any changes regarding her status as first officer. We've known that she's the first officer since they first announced her character. You've had months and months to catch up. Where have you been?

Dude, I don't follow the development of a show (especially one that changes numerous aspects frequently) on a daily, weekly, or even monthly basis. Just stop, your entering uncharted autism territory.
>>
File: felicity-jones-4.jpg (246KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
felicity-jones-4.jpg
246KB, 1920x1200px
>>83543682
Rogue One>>>>>>>>>FA
>>
>>83543796
>Rogue One>>>>>>>>>FA

They were both shit.
>>
>>83543769
>Dude, I don't follow the development of a show
But you spend hours arguing that you know exactly how the show will turn out. And then, when push comes to shove, you end up getting the details of that show wrong. Maybe you should chill out until it's actually released?
>>
>>83539762
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yy9sKeCE8V0
Posting superior show to look forward to
>>
>>83543809
>But you spend hours arguing that you know exactly how the show will turn out.

The character changes on the show don't change how SJW writing dominates Hollywood movies and tv shows (and when you hear trans/gay character and black female first officer, you know they're going to be doing some cringey shit).
>>
>>83543451
>>83543602
I'm not defending SJW's, and the one who's bringing them into this thread it you.
You can't say that you want an egalitarian society in which race and sex doesn't matter while simultaneously complaining about there being too many non-white people in high ranking Star Fleet positions. You whined that STD staring a brown woman is some hideous progressive conspiracy trying to diminish the white race, but now you're retreating to the position that race doesn't matter as though you weren't the one who brought race to the forefront to begin with.
Your fear mongering about STD's intentions and potential themes is paranoid hysteria based entirely on the race and gender of the protagonist, so don't try to take the moral high-ground and pretend you're approaching this issue from a positions of reasonable neutrality.

YOU are the ones who started this shit. Don't act like simply want a pure meritocracy, when the mere proposal of a female non-white captain sends you into an irrational rage.
>>
>>83543840
They haven't said anything about a trans character. Once again, you're getting details wrong, and you're getting angry at your own imagination.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (34KB, 823x194px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
34KB, 823x194px
>>83543813
For once I agree with JewTube
>>
>>83543866
>I'm not defending SJW's,

Yes you are.

>You whined that STD staring a brown woman is some hideous progressive conspiracy trying to diminish the white race
Who said that? We've had a black captain, no complaints, a woman captain, no complaints. The problem is the current climate of Hollywood tv and films that put skin color, sexual preference, and gender above all else.

<edit sjw paranoia shit>
Dude, go to bed.
>>
>>83543648
>T'Pol's back

Still the best I've ever seen.
>>
>>83543882

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwj_67qL2KPUAhVD0iYKHScPBNAQFggoMAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fredshirtsalwaysdie.com%2F2017%2F04%2F13%2Fstar-trek-discovery-lead-transgender%2F&usg=AFQjCNGKdLHUMtmPae1cpveNiQ9qp4BrOA&sig2=sxbBUmU6AnvEQhNtF0vfHg

Is the 'Star Trek: Discovery' Lead Transgender?

Dude, you're autism is insane, you have to stop. Rumors are swirling like crazy about this show and until it airs no one will know the truth, but considering the climate of Hollywood (and the fact that they made Sulu gay in nuTrek, despite George Takei's objections) it's a real possibility.
>>
>>83543918
>We've had a black captain, no complaints, a woman captain, no complaints.
Oh yes there were. There were complaints on Usenet back then, and there are still complaints on 4chan even now.

>The problem is the current climate of Hollywood tv and films that put skin color, sexual preference, and gender above all else.
So you wouldn't be complaining the if the characters were straight white males? Then you're the one putting skin color, sexual preference and gender above all else.
>>
>>83543958

Shit, wrong link

http://redshirtsalwaysdie.com/2017/04/13/star-trek-discovery-lead-transgender/
>>
>>83540912
black father abandoning his son in the end

hmmm really makes you think
>>
>>83543976
>Oh yes there were. There were complaints on Usenet back then, and there are still complaints on 4chan even now.
Bullshit. I was there. The overall consensus was that most people were fine with it. And both shows were ratings hits and there is currently no outrage over Sisko being black or Janeway being female.

>So you wouldn't be complaining the if the characters were straight white males?
Sure I would, if I got the feeling that they were gonna be le evil tyrants who want to hold everyone down.
>>
>>83543958
>>83543982
>speculation from a fan
>nothing from the show itself
Like I said, they haven't said anything about a trans character.

We know there's a gay character because CBS gave us a press release about Anthony Rapp.

There's no press release about a trans character, there's just imagination.

>Rumors are swirling like crazy
Well then shut up and stop acting like rumors are automatically the truth. Wait until a rumor has a source before you treat it like fact.
>>
>>83543976
Can you queers do anything other than project your mental disorders onto others?
>>
>>83544043
>Like I said, they haven't said anything about a trans character.

And like I said, rumors are swirling, and some things are unconfirmed, and other things changed numerous times.

>We know there's a gay character because CBS gave us a press release about Anthony Rapp.
I did type "trans/gay". I can't talk to you anymore, you literally splitting hairs that have been split a dozen times.

>Well then shut up and stop acting like rumors are automatically the truth. Wait until a rumor has a source before you treat it like fact.
How boring.

I can't talk to you anymore. Enjoy your autism.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (14KB, 458x399px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
14KB, 458x399px
>57 unique ips.
>232 posts.
come on guys even marketers aren't this sad.
>>
>>83541100
No, the people who made it are stupid
>>
File: startreknielsenratingaverage2.jpg (57KB, 560x383px) Image search: [Google]
startreknielsenratingaverage2.jpg
57KB, 560x383px
>>83544033
>most people
So most people were fine, but some weren't. But hey, you said that there were no complaints. No complaints at all. Hmm.

>And both shows were ratings hits
Bullshit.

>Sure I would, if I got the feeling that they were gonna be le evil tyrants who want to hold everyone down.
So if they were portrayed heroically then you wouldn't have a problem? Then you're the one putting skin color, sexual preference and gender above all else.
>>
>>83544126
The people who are making STD have not announced a Muslim character.
>>
>>83543902
>Only 7th
I bet they didn't even include Master & commander in the rankings.
>>
>>83544086
>And like I said, rumors are swirling, and some things are unconfirmed, and other things changed numerous times.
How do you know? I thought you said that you aren't paying attention. You weren't lying, were you?

>I did type "trans/gay".
Then you shouldn't have typed "trans" because, so far, it's just your imagination.
>>
>>83544127

>So most people were fine, but some weren't. But hey, you said that there were no complaints. No complaints at all. Hmm.
When did say there were "no complaints"? There's complaints on the internet about everything. Some people will complain that Rihanna isn't hot, but I think the consenus would be that she is very hot.

>Bullshit
What? DS9 and Voyager ran for 7 successful seasons. Were they as highly rated as TNG, no, but that doesn't mean they weren't hit shows. You're a fucking moron.

>So if they were portrayed heroically then you wouldn't have a problem?
Nope. Same way I wouldn't complain about a black female captain if she was just an intelligent, noble character. Same for the gay/trans character. I also would have no problem if the white male was the villain, but in Hollywood today the white villain is all about keeping female and minorities down.

But you know that's not going to happen. Everything is gonna be muh race, muh sexual preference, muh vagina. The writers don't know how to write good female heroines anymore.
>>
File: trek-uniforms-8.jpg (181KB, 1912x796px) Image search: [Google]
trek-uniforms-8.jpg
181KB, 1912x796px
At least the new Klingons look awesome
>>
>>83544144
They hinted at it.
http://www.idigitaltimes.com/star-trek-discovery-cast-likely-include-presumably-atheist-muslim-crewmember-554393
>>
>>83544287
Do you think they have KLINGON'D videos
>>
>>83544271
>When did say there were "no complaints"?
Are you fucking kidding me?

>There were complaints on Usenet back then
>Bullshit. I was there.
What did Anonymous mean by this?

>What? DS9 and Voyager ran for 7 successful seasons. Were they as highly rated as TNG, no, but that doesn't mean they weren't hit shows. You're a fucking moron.
They ran for 7 seasons, but they were ratings disasters. But let me guess. You were there. Working at Nielsen. Yawn.
>>
>>83544364
>Are you fucking kidding me?

When did I say it?

>They ran for 7 seasons, but they were ratings disasters.
Do you understand how tv works? It's all about DEMOGRAPHICS.

DS9 was on syndication (look it up) and drew higher than most other syndicated shows.

Voyager was on the new UPN network (which had tons of black shows that no one watched for like 15 years) so they were always on of the highest rated shows they had.

Dude, fucking stop.
>>
>>83543840
>>83543918
Have you actually ever taken a step back and examined your views from the perspective of an outsider?

>Who said that? We've had a black captain, no complaints, a woman captain, no complaints.
>when you hear trans/gay character and black female first officer, you know they're going to be doing some cringey shit
You act like you have no problem with minority characters while simultaneously saying that minority characters are an indication of "cringey shit."
Your persecution complex is triggered by the mere prospect of a minorities in leading roles.

Having a transgender character in STD would be no more controversial than Uhura was in TOS. In fact, having a transgender character today requires less courage in one's convictions than many of the things they did in the original show during the 60's.
You are ideologically opposed to the idea of minority representation, which is an acceptable belief to share in the context of a /pol/ circlejerk, but to preach this bullshit as a supposed Star Trek fan requires a massive amount of cognitive dissonance.
You can hide your alt-right agenda behind faux concerns about SJW extremism, but the reality is that /pol/ has filled your head with dreams of white oppression, and you WANT to see those fears justified in this new Star Trek, despite any evidence to indicate that they will be.
You're riding a high of justified outrage and righteous anger, and you're hoping this new Star Trek can provide the fuel you need to keep your persecution complex going.

However, the inclusion of female characters is not a condemnation of males. The inclusion of blacks is not a condemnation of whites. You're letting your persecution complex warp your perception of reality, so even basic Star Trek values like minority representation are sensationalized into something insidious.
>>
>>83544364

"Although DS9's ratings remained solid, it was never as successful as the syndicated Star Trek: The Next Generation, with approximately 6% versus 11% of US households watched during sweeps months. "

"The two hour long debut Caretaker was seen by 21.3 million people in January 1995."

Failures?
>>
>>83544482
You're seriously trying to judge the entire series by the ratings of the pilot?
>>
>>83544449
Fuck off tumblr.
>>
>>83544449
>You act like you have no problem with minority characters while simultaneously saying that minority characters are an indication of "cringey shit."

It's just how Hollywood writes nowadays.

When I saw the trailer for Force Awakens, I knew the Rey character was gonna be bad, but it turned out worse than that. She was the ultimate Mary Sue and a horribly written character. Hollywood can't write women/blacks/minorities/gays without shoving oppression, racism, etc into the characters and their development. It's sad, because Geordi was a fucking great character but he never whined about oppression. Neither did Dana Scully on the X-Files. Neither did Cliff Huxtable on the Cosby SHow.
>>
>>83544429
So can you post UPN's ratings and the ratings of the rest of the syndication market?
>>
File: 1483154873453.jpg (66KB, 890x876px) Image search: [Google]
1483154873453.jpg
66KB, 890x876px
>I don't like diversity on the original SJW series that is Star Trek
>>
>>83544511
>You're seriously trying to judge the entire series by the ratings of the pilot?

It was an impressive start, a big number. And it ran for 7 seasons. It all plays into it. They were hit shows (they weren't getting Seinfeld numbers, but few shows were).
>>
>>83544548
>So can you post UPN's ratings and the ratings of the rest of the syndication market?

I only posted what I found on Wikipedia. But you already tried to prove DS9 was a ratings failure when it clearly wasn't. Voyager ran for 7 years and was a top show on UPN (I know the ratings dropped in later years, because by that point the show was shittier than ever, as opposed to DS9 which got better as it went along).
>>
>>83544565
>It was an impressive start, a big number.
And they sunk way lower after the start. DS9 started with a Nielsen rating of 14 and ended with a Nielsen rating of 4. Voyager started with a Nielsen rating of 9 and ended with a Nielsen rating of 3 and a half.

The pilots were hits, but the shows weren't.
>>
>>83544614
I'm not proving anything. The Nielsen Company already did that for me.
>>
>>83544618
>And they sunk way lower after the start.

As most big shows do. Voyager literally launched a network. It was interesting in 1995 and people watched.

>DS9 started with a Nielsen rating of 14 and ended with a Nielsen rating of 4. Voyager started with a Nielsen rating of 9 and ended with a Nielsen rating of 3 and a half.
A 4 in syndication was a good number. Voyager was so shit at the very end that I'm surprised the number wasn't lower than that.

>The pilots were hits, but the shows weren't.
You're living in a fucking fantasy world.

"Although DS9's ratings remained solid, it was never as successful as the syndicated Star Trek: The Next Generation, with approximately 6% versus 11% of US households watched during sweeps months. "

It was a hit, just not as much as TNG. You REALLY don't understand how syndication ratings and DEMOGRAPHICS work (if a show has lower ratings, but is 99% young people 18-25, it's a hit).

And "However, it continued to perform better than its franchise sibling Star Trek: Voyager which averaged around 5% according to the Nielsen ratings." So Voyager was right behind DS9 at some point.
>>
>>83544658
>I'm not proving anything. The Nielsen Company already did that for me.

You don't understand how it works, you're too young. Syndication/demographics/being the only show on a shitty black network are important factors.

Shows don't run for 7 years if they're not hits in the ratings. Was Enterprise a hit in the ratings? Did that run for 7 years?
>>
ITT: Shatner is mad.
>>
>>83540060

Still better than Voyager.
>>
Damn these cbs marketers are poor.
>>
>>83544702
In the years that DS9 and Voyager aired, the top ratings were between 17 and 22.

A 10 could be considered a hit. TNG moving between 10 and 14 could be considered a hit.

A 4 and a 3.5 could not be considered a hit.

>>83544742
Enterprise had only slightly lower ratings than Voyager. Enterprise wasn't a hit for the same reasons that Voyager wasn't a hit.
>>
>>83544538
>Geordi was a fucking great character but he never whined about oppression
Neither did Ray in the Force Awakens. She literally never complained about sexism in the entire film, and the black guy never once brought up his race.
She was a shit character because she was a Mary sue, not because she whined about sexism or racism. Your view of the world is so warped that a classic bad writing trope is now interchangeable with a liberal agenda.

You use TFA as an example of Hollywood pushing an agenda, yet race and sex were never mentioned or addressed in the entire movie. You could make both the characters white and male without any changes to the script; their sex and race were utterly incidental.
I hate TFA and I'm not defending it as a film, but you're complaints about how they shoved "oppression and racism into the characters and their development" is outright delusional.

Can you really not see how paranoid you are? I'm not even trying to insult you anymore, I'm honestly curious.
>>
Does Star Trek HAVE to be on shit stations like CBS?

t. don't know shit casual
>>
>>83544614
>DS9 got better as it went along
Nah, DS9 peaked at 4,5,6 and 7 was pretty crap.
I'd probably go something like 4>6>5>2>3>7>1.

Your point stands. I'm just saying.
>>
>>83544819
In everywhere other than America, it's on Netflix.
>>
>>83544809

As I said DEMOGRAPHICS. They were bringing in a certain audience that was making them tons of money. It was a hit show. Shows don't run for 7 years if they're not making money. Are you a fucking tard?

>Enterprise had only slightly lower ratings than Voyager. Enterprise wasn't a hit for the same reasons that Voyager wasn't a hit.
Voyager had higher ratings, enough to turn a profit and keep it running for 7 years. Enterprise didn't.
>>
>>83544818
BLOWN THE FUCK OUT.

I'm just like any other person out there who hates pandering and SJW but there's just certain people who are retarded as the person you responded to. Some people need to FUCKING relax about shit. Even if Star Trek originally pandered to diversity it doesn't trigger me the slightest bit.

Most 4chan users are edgy young people who will suck anything out of a fucking straw on this site. They just take any information and opinions and claim it their own. A bunch of parroting faggots basically.
>>
>>83544818
>She literally never complained about sexism in the entire film,

But she was written as the ultimate mary sue who could do everything (I forgot to emphasize that more in my post).

>black guy never once brought up his race."
He was barely in it, and Star Wars has never talked about that kind of stuff.

>She was a shit character because she was a Mary sue, not because she whined about sexism or racism.
I wrote my post wrong. I meant that Hollywood gave her all these insane Mary Sue qualities because they don't know how to write women.

Dude, we went from an era of Princess Leia to Rey, tell me that Hollywood isn't fucked up with it's woman power agenda?
>>
>>83544869
>7 years
Honestly, that's fucking impressive for a TV show. Any newer shows lasted this long, or longer?
>>
>>83544869
So what were the demographics? Do you have a chart with a breakdown?

>Shows don't run for 7 years if they're not making money.
Shows don't have to be hits in order to make money. Star Trek makes money through licensing and merch.

Enterprise was only slightly lower than Voyager, meaning that Voyager was already nearing the cancellation threshold.
>>
>>83544818
Not him but you're an idiot, jj abrams constantly spoke about Hollywood being too white and Kathleen Kennedy is the personification of penis envy, what with "the force is female" and all the other shit that falls from her horse mouth.

Tfa is the perfect example of sjw politics destroying art.
>>
>>83544931
Dude, you fucking lost. You're retarded. Your responses hold nothing of value.

>But she was written as the ultimate mary sue who could do everything

What does that even fucking mean? "ULTIMATE MARY SUE". You reek of those gender politics faggots who watches shoe0nhead.

>He was barely in it, and Star Wars has never talked about that kind of stuff.

What? He was in the fucking film you retard. And why would Star wars talk about it? No reason to you stupid fuck.

>Hollywood gave her all these insane Mary Sue qualities because they don't know how to write women.

You're a fucking retard. "MUH ALT-RIGHT! WOO! WHITE POWER LOL."

>Dude, we went from an era of Princess Leia to Rey, tell me that Hollywood isn't fucked up with it's woman power agenda?

Moron. Such a fucking moron.
>>
>>83544818
>>83544922
>Samefagging this poorly
>Plebbit spacing
>>
>>83544969
>So what were the demographics? Do you have a chart with a breakdown?

Star Trek fans were generally males, 18-34.

>Shows don't have to be hits in order to make money.
Are you insane? Advertisers wouldn't buy space on a show if it was getting shit ratings. Merchandise is important, and based on that logic they would just run these shows forever just to sell tv shirts. But eventually it gets to a point where it's not worth anymore.

>Enterprise was only slightly lower than Voyager, meaning that Voyager was already nearing the cancellation threshold.
Yeah, Enterprise in it's PRIME was LOWER than Voyager in it's WORST SEASONS.
>>
>>83544944
Network crime dramas live for-fucking-ever. Law & Order, NCIS, Bones, CSI, Hawaii 5-0, Elementary... Basically pick anything sordid from primetime network TV and it'll probably outlive any Trek series.
>>
>>83543956
She actually has scoliosis.
>>
>>83544988
>Tfa is the perfect example of sjw politics destroying art.

How? It's a shit film but I don't see anything SJW about it other than, "Oh, lets make the main character a leading female role."
>>
>>83544931
>But she was written as the ultimate mary sue who could do everything (I forgot to emphasize that more in my post).
So, female Mary Sue are indicative of a liberal agenda. Does that mean that male Mary Sues indicate a right-wing agenda?
Or does this warped logic only work in support of your ideology? If so, then can't you see how biased and paranoid your thinking process is?
>>
>>83539762
I'll be subscribing to CBS All Access this month for Big Brother 19. But it looks like they won't be releasing all the episodes at once. I might end up marathoning the other star trek shows since they appear to all be on their site. Watching one episode a week and then having to deal with trekkie rage/praise seems unappealing.
>>
>>83545031
>Star Trek fans were generally males, 18-34.
Oh, sorry, I thought you had an actual chart, not just a gut feeling.

>Yeah, Enterprise in it's PRIME was LOWER than Voyager in it's WORST SEASONS.
But not a lot lower, meaning that Voyager was already near the edge.
>>
>>83545006
>Dude, you fucking lost. You're retarded. Your responses hold nothing of value.

Yeah ok, keep defending the SJWism of films.

>What does that even fucking mean? "ULTIMATE MARY SUE".
It means that Rey was beyond a regular Mary Sue. She could fucking use the force without training. She was a Mary Sue in a fucking Star Wars universe.

>What? He was in the fucking film you retard.
I said he was "barely in it", learn to read.

>And why would Star wars talk about it? No reason to you stupid fuck.
Has Star Wars ever brought up that Lando was black and Han was white? Nope. And they didn't do it in TFA either.

>You're a fucking retard. "MUH ALT-RIGHT! WOO! WHITE POWER LOL."
You're really losing it. But facts are facts.

>Moron. Such a fucking moron.
Princess Leia was a strong, female character with flaws like any other human. Rey is the ultimate mary sue who has no business being mentioned in the same category as Leia.
>>
>>83545067
I stood up and applauded. Keep going, whoever you are.
>>
>>83545055
I just told you how, every Star wars thread ever since jj got involved has been full of that stuff.

Why are you ignoring what I typed? The agenda of Kennedy and Abrams is sickening and a perfect example of what everyone in this thread is talking about.
>>
>>83545088
>Oh, sorry, I thought you had an actual chart, not just a gut feeling.
Dude, you're insane. How am I gonna find Neilsen demographics from a syndicated show 20 years ago? Are you saying that Star Trek fans in the late 90's weren't 18-34 males?

>But not a lot lower, meaning that Voyager was already near the edge.
Enterprises BEST years weren't higher than Voyager's WORST. That says a lot.

Dude, just stop. You're trying to say that 2 shows that ran for 7 years weren't ratings hits, when I provided evidence that they pulled in decent ratings in sweeps months (the only months that matter).
>>
>>83545108
>Rey is the ultimate mary sue who has no business being mentioned in the same category as Leia.

This. Rey grew up as a white privileged princess just like Leia, right? She didn't starve on a desert planet struggling to survive, and didn't have any flaws other than living like a fucking slave, right?
>>
>>83545067
>So, female Mary Sue are indicative of a liberal agenda. Does that mean that male Mary Sues indicate a right-wing agenda?
If they write it that way, sure. If Rey was a villain who made no mistakes, she would also be a Mary Sue.
>>
>>83545051
Don't even care.

I'd hit that like I was at the battle of Klacht D'Kel Bracht.
>>
>All this samefagging from cbs marketers
It's all pointless anyway, std was doomed the minute it was consigned to cbs all access. You are wasting your time shilling here.
>>
>>83545229
>All this samefagging from cbs marketers

You're trolling. Fuck off.
>>
>>83545181
>This. Rey grew up as a white privileged princess just like Leia, right? She didn't starve on a desert planet struggling to survive, and didn't have any flaws other than living like a fucking slave, right?

Based on this, Leia should have been the perfect Mary Sue and Rey should have been the flawed(ish) character. But Leia was written in the 70s and she had flaws and depth (despite her princess upbringing) and Rey, written in the 2010's, struggles in the desert, but goes on to do EVERYTHING PERFECT for some reason (why didn't this perfection make it's way into her desert life)?
>>
>>83545164
If you can't find the demographics then don't act like you know what they are.

>You're trying to say that 2 shows that ran for 7 years weren't ratings hits
Because they weren't.

Enterprise was cancelled for performing below 3. Voyager kept going into season 7 while it started pulling a 3.5 in season 6.

You can acknowledge 3 as cancellation material, but you still insist that 3.5 is a hit, clearly indicating that you live in a fantasy world.
>>
>>83545183
>If they write it that way, sure. If Rey was a villain who made no mistakes, she would also be a Mary Sue.
That's not what I asked, I asked if male Mary Sues indicate an insidious right wing agenda.
Is Wesley Crusher an indicator of a right wing agenda in TNG?
>>
>>83545251
>struggles in the desert, but goes on to do EVERYTHING PERFECT

No she doesn't.
>>
>>83545258
>If you can't find the demographics then don't act like you know what they are.

I don't need a demographic chart to tell me that the people who watched Oprah were in the 34-65 female age demographic. Stop being such a fucking autist.

>Enterprise was cancelled for performing below 3. Voyager kept going into season 7 while it started pulling a 3.5 in season 6.
That proves my point. Voyager ON IT's DECLINE was getting better ratings then Enterprise on it's best days.

>You can acknowledge 3 as cancellation material, but you still insist that 3.5 is a hit, clearly indicating that you live in a fantasy world.
Moron, you're comparing the FINAL SEASONS of Voyager (most shows don't/didn't go much past 7 or 8 seasons back then) to a NEW SHOW just getting started.

Dude, I can't talk to you anymore, you're too fucking autistic to get this.
>>
>>83545247
Cbs marketer detected.
>you're trolling
Who the fuck talks like that? You utter faggot, you can't even blend in convincingly. Kill yourself.
>>
>>83545279
>That's not what I asked, I asked if male Mary Sues indicate an insidious right wing agenda.

No, Luke was kind of a male Mary Sue (though not as bad as Rey).

>Is Wesley Crusher an indicator of a right wing agenda in TNG?
No. But what you're getting wrong is 1970s-1990's writing vs today's writing. It's different.
>>
File: 1460267880358.jpg (265KB, 900x1278px) Image search: [Google]
1460267880358.jpg
265KB, 900x1278px
>>83545340
You're the only logical person in this thread dude.

These alt-right morons are just as bad as SJW's.
>>
>>83545295
>No she doesn't.

What doesn't she not do perfect? Off the top of my head:

>shoots Storm troopers with perfect accuracy with pistol
>flies Millenium falcon perfect and outmaneuvers trained TIE fighter pilots
>fixes Falcon in a way that Han couldn't
>does force mind trick despite only knowing the force was real a few hours ago
>escapes from her detention cell even before the males show up to save her
>does successful lightsaber battle with a guy who was trained by Luke
>gets hugged Leia even though she barely knew her (and Leia ignored hugging Chewie who she's known for like 30 years)
etc
>>
>>83545416
Dude, they explain ALL of this in the new Expanded Universe. You're a moron.
>>
>>83545443
>Dude, they explain ALL of this in the new Expanded Universe. You're a moron.

You didn't need an Expanded Universe to explain eps IV-VI, or any other film worth it's weight.

To use that argument is fucking insane.
>>
>>83545340
>I don't need a demographic chart
You do if you're going to tell me that magic gut feeling demographics makes 3.5 a hit.

>That proves my point. Voyager ON IT's DECLINE was getting better ratings then Enterprise on it's best days.
Did you not even look at the ratings? Enterprise on its best days got a 5.

So what you said just now is blatantly untrue. Just like all the other bullshit that you've been spewing all night.

>Moron, you're comparing the FINAL SEASONS of Voyager (most shows don't/didn't go much past 7 or 8 seasons back then) to a NEW SHOW just getting started.
No, because Enterprise pulled a 5 when it started. I'm not talking about when it started. I'm talking about the 4th season, when the ratings went below 3 and the decision was made to cancel. If 3 was good enough to cancel, how is 3.5 a hit?
>>
>>83545355
Disney marketer detected.

The people shitting on STD are Disney marketers. See >>83542686.
>>
>>83545360
Or your perception is different. You're making specifications specifically to disregard evidence that contradicts your theory.
However, I can still work within those specifications: Commander Shepard is a modern male Mary Sue. Is the Mass Effect franchise insidious right wing propaganda?

Obviously, that's not even remotely true.
So, either modern Mary Sue aren't indicative of an agenda and you were wrong, OR only female Mary Sue's are indicative of an left wing agenda, and you're simply paranoid.
>>
>>83545517
Reflection shilling doesn't work skip.

Call me a "nigger" or you are a shill. It's the one term you are banned from using.
>>
>>83540912

Sisko did plenty wrong. The thing is that he could live with doing the wrong thing if it served the greater good.

That's the reason he's a great character, not a villain. He knows he did wrong and that he won't respect himself afterwards. Not that he thinks he did the right thing.
>>
>>83545520
>Or your perception is different. You're making specifications specifically to disregard evidence that contradicts your theory.
No I'm not, you're just not accepting the reality that times have changed and characters are written worse now than they were in the past.

>However, I can still work within those specifications: Commander Shepard is a modern male Mary Sue. Is the Mass Effect franchise insidious right wing propaganda?
??? What are you talking about?

>So, either modern Mary Sue aren't indicative of an agenda and you were wrong, OR only female Mary Sue's are indicative of an left wing agenda, and you're simply paranoid.
If Rey's adversary was a female, she would have been as much of a mary sue.
>>
>>83545584
I'm saying Ray isn't a Mary Sue. You used Ray as an example of Hollywood pushing it's liberal agenda, but there is nothing about Ray that is unique or indicative of an agenda of any kind. You're simply biased and paranoid, with blatant double standards.
>>
>>83539762

I'll give it a shot but I'll admit, I'm less than sure about it.

Though, a lot of it is that I'm not particularly interested in the time period between Enterprise and TOS.

I'd have rathered see something further down the timeline, give themselves more room to play with stuff and explore an unknown future rather than moving slowly towards a known one.
>>
>>83545584
>??? What are you talking about?
Moron doesn't understand. KEK.
>>
>>83545634
>>83545584
Sorry, what I meant was:
>I'm NOT saying Ray isn't a Mary Sue.
You used Ray as an example of Hollywood pushing it's liberal agenda, but there is nothing about Ray that is unique or indicative of an agenda of any kind. You're simply biased and paranoid, with blatant double standards.
Typo mistake
>>
>>83545639
>Moron doesn't understand. KEK.

He's talking about some video game on a tv and film board.
>>
>>83544835
Does it have any chance outside America on Netflix?
>>
>>83545663
>You used Ray as an example of Hollywood pushing it's liberal agenda, but there is nothing about Ray that is unique or indicative of an agenda of any kind.

I'll say it again. In the 1970's, Leia was a strong female character, flaws and all. In the 2010s a strong female character is a perfect, flawless creature that kicks the shit out of white males that are trained Jedi masters.
>>
File: 1496494306327.jpg (37KB, 511x392px) Image search: [Google]
1496494306327.jpg
37KB, 511x392px
>>83543203
> tfw purging DS9 of Jem Hadr shitters
> tfw Breen invasion now
>>
>>83545691
"Yes."
>>
>>83545049
House? I meant it went on for 8 seasons.
>>
>>83545711
Was Captain Phasma flawless and competent?
>>
>>83545768
>Was Captain Phasma flawless and competent?

She was barely in it.
>>
>>83539762
Is that Sasha from twd?
>>
>cbs marketer wasn't able to call me a "nigger" exactly as predicted
Really activates my almonds.
>>
>Disney marketer wasn't able to provide a source
Really makes my positronic neural net go click click whir whir pop.
>>
>>83543050

>No Starfleet Officer in the 23rd century should be dealing with a racist superior.

Well, not racist against other humans. Spock sorta had to deal with that bullshit a lot from other Vulcans.
>>
>>83543201
>So you think Hollywood (and CBS no less) is going to write a Star Trek show about a black captain (or first officer, whatever Sasha is), with a trans/gay character and NOT have them going on preachy pandering tirades?

They did it with Sisko. The one time it was a matter was when he went back in time to when, historically, it was an issue.
>>
>>83545792
You're dodging the question, mate.
How about Eleven, from Stranger Things? Was she flawless and perfect, or was she an antisocial sperg?
What about another Disney female lead, Jessica Jones? Was she flawless and perfect?
Nope. Clearly, there are modern flawed female leads.

You use Ray as proof of some feminist conspiracy, yet you ignore all the examples that don't support your theory. This is called selection bias; you're not basing your opinions on evidence, you're seeking evidence that supports your established position.
You're just paranoid.
>>
>>83542351
I like the cut of your jib, sir!
>>
>>83545913
Cbs shill confirmed.

HEY EVERYONE LOOK! WE KNOW HOW TO FIGHT THEM NOW!
>>
>>83546098
>>83545913
>>83545874
Can you meming faggots shut the fuck up
>>
>>83546098
Disney shill confirmed.

You were asked for a source 4 hours ago. Still waiting.
>>
>>83546125
Nickelodeon Shill confirmed.

Trying to falseflag other people here, huh?
>>
>>83546150
Facebook shill confirmed.

Still trying to push the "4chan is filled with shitposts" narrative? Pathetic.
>>
>>83542311
>The marketing for the show is dog shit
Very true, especially whoever they hired to canvas /trek/ that think their tumblr tactics work here.
>>
>>83542084
>Seeing complex problems be oversimplified and solved with inspiration speeches gets old very fast.

But that describes Voyager and TOS. You fucking faggot.
>>
File: 1480202569577.gif (492KB, 176x216px) Image search: [Google]
1480202569577.gif
492KB, 176x216px
>>83542084
>Having taste this bad
>>
File: 1430144559895.jpg (19KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
1430144559895.jpg
19KB, 300x450px
>>83542308
GoT is probably more your speed, bitch.
>>
>>83542774
>TOS was set in a communist utopia
>>
Why do Nu Star Trek threads always attract the worst people on this board? It's full of false flagging, contrarianism, diatribes about how "leftist" Star Trek is and should be(which is debatable honestly).

Any post talking down to you that "Trek has always been this way" is written by someone who wasn't even born when it was airing. Read them with a grain of salt.

Star Trek is not about being inclusive or breaking social norms that whites hold dear or holding some college level of communist ideology.

Star Trek was about exploring the unexplored vastness of space. It's a modern version of Sailor stories. Most of the outright SJW shit is projected on to it.
>>
>>83542647
>I'm a conservative
Golly Gee I surely believe this. You are definitely a conservative who hates other conservatives and is in favour of liberal subversion via the media and not just another shitty shill.
>>
File: 2016.png (391KB, 1024x887px) Image search: [Google]
2016.png
391KB, 1024x887px
>>83542647
>I swear to God, these alt-right faggots (again, I'm a conservative)

Actual conservatives know the alt right isn't real m8.
Thread posts: 339
Thread images: 43

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.