[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so i just finished season 4 of the wire which many consider the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: the wire.jpg (62KB, 1043x589px) Image search: [Google]
the wire.jpg
62KB, 1043x589px
so i just finished season 4 of the wire which many consider the best one and im about to start season 5 which many consider the worst, now i need to know

how bad is season 5? many said seson 3 was bad but i personally really liked it so is it bad like that or does it take a huge nosedive, no spoilers please
>>
>>83533592
> Many said season 3 was bad

Who? Everyone I now considers it the best along with 4. Anyways, I personally thought season 5 was disappointing, but it's worth it.
>>
Season 5 isn't bad, it's just not as fleshed out as the others since it only got 10 episodes compared to the 13 of every other season. And I don't understand why anyone would dislike season 3, it's a fantastic season of television.
>>
>>83533592
What the fuck are you talking about.

1 > 5 > 4 > 3 > 2
>>
File: fuzzy-dunlop.png (497KB, 708x527px) Image search: [Google]
fuzzy-dunlop.png
497KB, 708x527px
>how bad is season 5

It's by far the worst season of the Wire but it's still better than 99% of television.

The main thrust of the season is based on the newspaper and that part is up to the standard of other seasons, it's McNulty's subplot that brings it down. It gets too silly and unrealistic. Amsterdam got silly and unrealistic but it had a point so it worked. McNulty's season 5 subplot has no meaningful point.
>>
the seasons only increase or decrease in quality relative to each other.

compared to anything else on television they're miles above all competition
>>
>>83533592
1> 3 > 4 > 5 > 2
>>
4 > 2 > 1 > 3 >>> 5
>>
Season 5 suffers because it's too nuanced in subject while also being too on-the-nose in action due to the fewer episodes.

The relationship of the news with society is even more important than that of gangs or whatever, but the show had a tough time making it compelling. But it's still a worthwhile time.
>>
>>83534088
ok so the theme is
gangs
docks
neighborhoods
education
news?
>>
>>83534478
Local news and how it holds the other factors accountable.

Basically it's constantly expanding scope. Season 6 would've been about immigration in some way.
>>
>>83533890
>ranking 2 last

what a pleb
>>
>>83534670
i mean i liked season 2 once it got going but it feels really unconected to the other seasons

season 3 to 4 flowed into each other seamlessly but the jump to the docks was jarring
>>
>>83534670
this
>>83534767
i don't disagree
>>
>>83533890
my man, kill yourself

>>83534035
very close

season 2 is the best season of the show.
granted, you probably have to watch the show more than once to fully understand this.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.