[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this film any good /tv/? I'm usually a /mu/ poster and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: Begottenposter.jpg (24KB, 214x317px) Image search: [Google]
Begottenposter.jpg
24KB, 214x317px
Is this film any good /tv/? I'm usually a /mu/ poster and see people saying it matches up to Swans' Soundtracks for the Blind and makes for quite a disturbing experience.

Also if its shit any other recommended dream-like horror kino?
>>
It's worse than Eraserhead, if you can imagine that.

Talentless student film nonsense without plot
>>
>>83523305
>Eraserhead is bad
Lel, okay kid.
>>
>>83523031
Its just one of those movies you watch once to say you did
>>
>>83523305
I enjoy Lynch but yeah I think I get what you mean
>>
>>83523374
Just admit you only like the first season of Twin Peaks
>>
I like it but I'll be the first to say it's a bit hardgoing if you don't like abstraction, harsh/crude visuals and what comes with the package. On the plus side, it's fairly short and if you do enjoy it then a plethora of interesting movies, directors and movements will appear much more coherent and digestible.
>>
>>83523398
I love all seasons and 3 is shaping up to be my favourite so far
What now reddit?
>>
>>83523305
>muh plot
>>
>>83523556
>What now reddit?
It is reddit as fuck to like Twin Peaks s3.
/tv/ sticks with his movies.
>>
>>83523535
See I'm also sort of envisioning it as a music video(ish) as the album it "pairs" with is also quite abstract and harsh, sounds like it should fit well provided the audio isn't too important.
I think I'll give it a go,cheers!
>>
>>83523621
I also love his movies, FWWM and Lost Highway are my favourites
WHAT NOW REDDIT?
>>
>>83523398

I really liked Twin Peaks, Blue Velvet, Wild at Heart and Lost Highway. Inland Empire and Mulholland Drive were just poor.
>>
>>83523621

It's much cooler to hate TP S3 now. People don't want their minds scrambled anymore
>>
>>83523737
Sounds like you're lost; this isn't /tpg/ lad.
>>
>>83523737
2 weeks ago when it premiered /tv/ was loving it, then it got a standing ovation at Cannes and we turned against it
>>
OP here, while I also enjoy the TP chat we have like 4 generals for that, may as well try to force a topic again. Any more "dreamlike" films that aren't Lynch?
>>
>>83523843

If only that were a thing. Kindly go make love to yourself
>>
>>83523931
Are you so new that you don't even know about the facebook general?
>>83522523
>>
>>83523865

They went with FWWM terror over quirky character comedy, so they will lose regulars along the way. David Lynch still directs like he's in the 90's but good to have him back all the same
>>
>>83524010

Lez kiss
>>
Begotten is kind of a meme. It's an art film that is exactly what people think "art films" are. It's also got that gory scene of the dude disembowling himself so it made for a good gif on /b/ back in the day. It's not really a piece of film canon though. More an oddity that people like half ironically.
>>
>>83524047
>David Lynch still directs like he's in the 90's
no 200 cuts every minute and smash zooms and slow motion? what was lynch thinking?
>>
tfw used to stream movies for /x/
good old times
>>
>>83524047
>David Lynch still directs like he's in the 90's but good to have him back all the same
hardly, his direction in the new twin peaks is based on using small nondescript interiors and being able to do any kind of action he wants cheaply with cgi. that's a whole different world from the mostly conventional FWWM. the whole first episode, first 15 minutes of episode 3 you would never think of directing in the 90s on an indie budget
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.