[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it morally acceptable to torrent a movie after having paid

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: 1472996713362.png (197KB, 334x556px) Image search: [Google]
1472996713362.png
197KB, 334x556px
Is it morally acceptable to torrent a movie after having paid to see it in theaters?
>>
no

you only paid for one viewing
>>
yes, you paid enough
>>
>>83513238
No, it's never morally acceptable to pirate movies, and anyone who tries to find moral loopholes to make themselves feel better about pirating is a pussy ass faggot.

Just accept it's wrong, and do it.
>>
>>83513238
never torrent goy, we're watching
>>
>>83513238
No, in fact its arguable that buying a movie is morally unacceptable, period

You should pay a dollar at a Redbox or 5.99 to rent it on youtube every time you want to watch it

That way you are voting with your dollar on what to see more of and really supporting the creators
>>
I don't think pirating movies is theft. You're enjoying the fruits of other people's labour without paying them, yes, but that's not always equivalent to the conventional notion of "theft".
>>
>>83513238
Only if the bluray isn't out yet and you're okay with rewatching it in a subpar camrip format.
>>
File: Pirate.jpg (96KB, 687x819px) Image search: [Google]
Pirate.jpg
96KB, 687x819px
>>83513238
Who gives a shit, just do what you want and don't let morals get in the way.
>>
>it is a dumb animeposter is banned from /a/ and has to pretend he gives a shit about movie episode
>it is a rerun
>>
File: kid.jpg (16KB, 552x451px) Image search: [Google]
kid.jpg
16KB, 552x451px
>>83513238
you can do whatever the fuck you want
>>
File: weeb.jpg (1MB, 1448x2492px) Image search: [Google]
weeb.jpg
1MB, 1448x2492px
>>83515794
>complaining about anime on an anime website
>>
>>83513238

The studio that is making you pay to see it is likely trying their hardest to deceive you and take your money for whatever bullshit they can get away with, so probably.
>>
>>83515930
looks like I touched a wound
feels good to be always right
>>
>>83513466
Forgot to mention im a closet homosexual
>>
>>83516009
Yeah, it does feel good to be right.

/tv/ is a Western television and film themed board of an anime website
/v/ is a videogame themed board of an anime website
/tg/ is a traditional gaming themed board of an anime website

If you don't respect anime, fuck off, you don't belong here.
>>
writers, directors and actors have already been paid - along with all relevant behind the scenes people - before movies are released. the only people torrenting a movie hurts are the no talent fat jew studio pedos who contribute nothing.
>>
>>83513238
Yes. The law or authority is never a good way to define ethics.
>>
>>83516433
So who pays for the writers, directors, and actors - along with all relevant behind the scenes people?
>>
>>83513238
no lmao
>>
yes. just imagine that you paying for the movie was like buying the bluray. now you can view it as many times as you want
>>
>>83513238
Is it morally acceptable to torrent a movie after having paid to see it in theatres, but it is now gone from theatres but not yet out to buy on DVD/BD?
>>
>>83516640
No. Why would that be the case? You have still only paid for one cinema screening. You're using the "I will pay for it later" excuse.
>>
File: 1480756066851.jpg (1MB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
1480756066851.jpg
1MB, 1280x1280px
Is it morally acceptable to torrent a movie after you bought the Blu-ray?
>>
>>83516508

people no one cares about.
>>
If you're against movie piracy then you can never borrow a movie from a friend or watch a movie with multiple people in the room, also whenever you pay for a movie you can only see it once and then you have to buy a new copy if you want to see it again. This is the only way to follow your own standards and not be a hypocrite.
>>
>>83516307
yep
I was right
touched a wound
>>
>>83513616
that's just, like, your opinion man
>>
>>83513238
>is it morally acceptable to get a copy of information in a way that doesn't harm the owner of the original
Well, fucking duh.

>>83513616
Nice try, JIDF.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.