[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Advertisement | Home]

This is the 10/10 of kino in form of a movie, combined with

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 5

File: Bongs.jpg (122KB, 720x472px) Image search: [Google]
Bongs.jpg
122KB, 720x472px
This is the 10/10 of kino in form of a movie, combined with a literal 10/10 in form of music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5ATqp1_AF0

combined with muh
>king, god and country
>denial of roasties for ones cause
>friendship and loyalty
>faith
>adventure

how did it go from this, to the current endless remakes of muh reddit joke CGI superhero movies

when will the movie industry be nuked and reborn into what it once was
>>
Jews
>>
>>83512404

The filthy hook nosed kikes of course
>>
File: shitpinemov.jpg (54KB, 446x299px) Image search: [Google]
shitpinemov.jpg
54KB, 446x299px
>>83512404
That In the heart of the sea movie pissed me the fuck off to no end. I was expecting Master and Commander levels of historical sea adventure with the early American wale industry.

Instead we got bullshit class struggle story and that's it.
>>
>>83512735
>In the heart of the sea
>Instead we got bullshit class struggle story and that's it.

How so? The plot synopsis after the 3rd paragraph on wikipedia is just a description of them struggling to survive and defeat the whale.
>>
Russell Crowe always wanted to make another as well. Unfortunately the studio (((executives))) didn't make enough on the first.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tw1XHelFWIY

He seems like a genuinely cool dude. Even with the interviewer sounding like a panicky preteen hitting puberty.
>>
>>83512404
>denial of roasties for ones cause
Incel plz
>>
>>83512800

The idea that Chris Pine is refused Captain for the Essex in favor of Benjamin Walker because Chris Pine was a "commoner" and Ben Walker was "higher born".

America didn't have a class system, Captain Pollard and First Mate Owen Chase had been serving together for years before that particular expedition. The real Captain Pollard had been on the Essex since he was 19 serving as first and second mate. He was not some scrub picked out of the blue because his family was rich as the film portrays.
>>
>>83513069
I'm confusing Pine with Hemsworth because....just because.
>>
are you under the impression that movies in 2003 were good?
>>
>>83513069
>>83513084
>confusing aryan god chris hemsworth with chris "der Jude" pine

Poor form lad.
>>
The people of Israel have never been masters of the sea.

They do everything in their power to stay out of the ocean.
>>
I've watched this movie once and I almost don't want to watch it again because the viewing experience was so fucking perfect
>>
File: 1402372178911.jpg (1MB, 1425x2000px) Image search: [Google]
1402372178911.jpg
1MB, 1425x2000px
>>83512404
Master and Commander is just a poor mans Das Boot.
>>
>>83513247
which is just a poor man's U-571
>>
File: tt0116130-1.jpg (62KB, 332x491px) Image search: [Google]
tt0116130-1.jpg
62KB, 332x491px
>>83513340

Which in itself is just a gay man's Down Periscope.
>>
>>83513340
lmao u571 is the most forgettable film ever, the script and the sound design doesn’t come even near Das Boot
>>
File: nl5xgwLxBInl.jpg (72KB, 594x400px) Image search: [Google]
nl5xgwLxBInl.jpg
72KB, 594x400px
>>83513383
I like that movie because Lauren Holly is sexy in it
That is all I have to contribute to this thread
>>
>>83512404
You need to watch more movies
>>
>>83513069
The superior officer who gains his station through nobility turning out to be incompetent for the job is just a cliche of adventure films set during the age of exploration. It just signifies rank in that era is dependent on status and not necessarily intrinsic qualifications and usually works as a trope for establishing some rivalry between the protagonists.

Is it mostly about a crew of men in mortal danger preforming harrowing feats of bravery, or literally Herman Mellville Presents The Caine Mutiny?
>>
>>83512404
I 100% agree with this post. OP was not a faggot.
>>
>>83512404
I dont undestand this movie, can somebody explain me why?
>>
>>83513974
being born into wealth or nobility also meant you could read and write and were almost certainly more intelligent than if you weren't, and also common born people were more likely to revere you as an officer than if you were one of them, since they had expectations of the upper classes. Whenever commoners wee promoted to officers it usually didn't work that well, and in the US it was still the wealthy and educated who secured officer positions.
>>
>>83514040
>During the Napoleonic Wars, a brash British captain pushes his ship and crew to their limits in pursuit of a formidable French war vessel around South America.
That’s it, it's pretty straightforward.
>>
>>83512404
>you now realise that the Americans supported the tyranny of Napoleon not 10 years into their 'liberal government' and broke the naval code by enslaving captured crews
>>
Why didn't the doctor just drink some orange juice to stop scurvy?
>>
>>83514163
>>83514291
>mfw it was an American ship they were hunting in the book but they changed it to French in the movie
>>
>>83514040
LONDON
>>
>>83513069
>America didn't have a class system
It did and it does though.
>>
>>83512876
>y'know
>>
>>83514090
I wasn't trying to make a denunciation of the class system in that era, i'm just pointing out that ironically reversing the assigned virtues and vices of a character according to his rank is endemic to the genre and not some marxist revisionism.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.