[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just watched this after hearing so much praise about the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 4837UNILAD-imageoptim-mirror8.png (82KB, 625x350px) Image search: [Google]
4837UNILAD-imageoptim-mirror8.png
82KB, 625x350px
So I just watched this after hearing so much praise about the show, and for the love of god, I can't figure out the point of the episode. Was it to show the public is stupid? Was it that politicians are easily swayed? Am I just too retarded to understand it?
>>
>>83509290
I took it as a look at how people can find a horrible concept entertaining until that concept actually happens.
Basically it was a statement that applies to the entire series.
>>
>>83509290
>that supple pork ass
>that hint of pork nipple
you wouldn't fuck that op? get off my board
>>
>>83509290

It was supposed to show how fucked up modern society dominated by social media is.

It wasn't very subtle or smart. Entire show is like that.
>>
There are multiple themes

People's captivation by sensational media circuses can make them miss whats happening right outside (everyone starting at their screens while the actual princess is walking around)
The ability to use digital technology to present a false portrayal of reality
How the advancement of technology is outpacing the state's ability to deal with it
How helpless and out of touch traditional politics and politicians in the face of cutting edge technology
>>
>>83509290
The point was "lol fuck david cameron and also the media"
>>
>>83509290
Kind of breaks suspension when you realize there's no way any politician would do that, let alone a prime minister. And no cabinet would advise it since it's clearly negotiating with terrorists. The only way it could even be remotely possible is if the hostage was someone close to them and so it becomes a personal decision.

But the whole public pressure/everyone turning on him scenario is comical.
>>
>>83509403
Wouldn't that fit the second episode (Fifteen Million Merits) better? That's the immediate vibe I got from five minutes in.

>>83509404
These make more sense. All I saw when I googled it is that it was an "art statement" which I thought was a stupid idea.
>>
>>83509504

The dumber thing is how some random nobody was able to capture the princess.
>>
>>83509509

Next episode is more about modern society turning everyone into a brainless worker drone.
>>
>>83509504
>>83509580
Not meant to be taken that literally. The show is about ideas not plots.
>>
>>83509687
You have to blend both plot and idea in order to tell a compelling, memorable story. Sacrificing one is just bad fucking writing.
>>
That episode was a pile of spam and turned me off the series. I mean seriously, I got the points they were making, but the actually story was so shit that I gave up on it.
>>
Probably the worst episode of the series desu

I tell people who are starting the series to skip that one

Bee episode and Jon Hamm episode is by far my favorites
>>
>>83509290
the point is the ACTUAL BRITISH PM STUCK HIS DICK IN A DEAD PIGS MOUTH AT A PARTY and this episode aired two years before the BBC reported the story.

really makes you think.
>>
>>83509504
except DAVID CAMERON DID THAT
https://www.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piggate
>>
It's a fucking terrible episode, the ones following it were a lot better. This one is just shock value
>>
>>83509290
this episode is overrated as fuck as is most of the series, there are one or two decent episodes overall, but people here can never agree on which ones
>>
File: 1490763383661.jpg (46KB, 720x451px) Image search: [Google]
1490763383661.jpg
46KB, 720x451px
White Bear is the best episode of any show in the last decade. prove me wrong.
>>
File: hoid.png (238KB, 570x658px) Image search: [Google]
hoid.png
238KB, 570x658px
The whole purpose of this show is to illustrate the dark paths technology can take us down (from the episodes I've seen at least). This one is actually possible in our own age, and there's really no reason someone won't try it. Also, it's Black Mirror for anyone frustrated with contextless OPs
>>83509363
>that hint of pork nipple
>>
>>83509687
shut the fuck up you idiot
>>
>>83510688
why must people agree consensusfag
>>
>>83510793
He's right, though. It's a conceptual show. The "What if...?" takes precedent over the events leading up to it. Who cares how the princess was captured when the idea is what would happen if you were forced to fuck a pig to save her life?
>>
>>83510820
because each individual person has shit taste only when there is a consensus is the truth revealed
>>
>>83509504
It was blatantly implied the crown put on pressure, effectively undermining the PMs authority.
>>
>>83509290
The very rough overarching theme of the whole series is that technology is being relied upon more and more and we must ensure that it isn't out undoing.
This particular episode was ostensibly to show how the world relies upon the media and how this is an inherent weakness that can be exploited very easily.

The end is also explained by revealing that an artist was the kidnapper, and actually released the hostage and killed himself before the pig-fucking even aired; nobody noticed because everyone was glued to their television and computer screens.
>>
>>83510844
>The "What if...?" takes precedent
You're not supposed to suspend your disbelief for a "what if" scenario. It's supposed to actually captivate you as a possibility, extrapolated from the reality we live in.

Black Mirror is so hit and miss. Some episodes seem like actual critique at cultural direction while others are just dumb fucking fantasies.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.