[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT post movies that seem like crap, but are surprisingly kino.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

ITT post movies that seem like crap, but are surprisingly kino. This is basically Taxi Driver meets Hot Fuzz.
>>
>>83502664
>>>/r/eddit
>>
yeah it was surprisingly good
>>
File: Swiss_Army_Man_poster.png (166KB, 259x384px) Image search: [Google]
Swiss_Army_Man_poster.png
166KB, 259x384px
>>
File: Meet The Robinsons.jpg (62KB, 359x500px) Image search: [Google]
Meet The Robinsons.jpg
62KB, 359x500px
Fuck you guys, I liked it.
>>
>>83502705
The soundtrack especially. Observe and Report takes some pretty big risks for a comedy, like the heroin or the date rape scene, but it all just works. It's Seth Rogen's Punch Drunk Love.

>>83502716
Haven't seen it yet, but Paul Dano is literally in my top 5 actors, so I definitely will.

>>83502817
I liked that one too, even if it was a little similar to Robots. I liked Ratatouille a lot too.
>>
30 days of night
>>
>>83502664
Me personally, I couldn't stand it. Nobody was likable in the slightest. then again I haven't seen it since it was in theatres so maybe I should try again. I didn't like a lot of good movies back then.
>>
>>83503216
Haven't seen that either, but the director has a pretty good filmography. Vampire movies are hard to do well, but when they are, they're fucking awesome, like the Lost Boys.
>>
>>83503326

take it from someone who lives in the town lost boys was filmed. 30 days of night is as good if not better than lost boys. Interesting mythology explored.
>>
>>83502664
It would've been good if the ending hadn't been such shit people had to desperately cling to fan theories that it was all in his head just to justify it.
>>
>>83502664
This movie is one of the Seth Rogan ones I don't mind, too bad it got buried by Paul blart
>>
>>83503023
>The soundtrack especially

This song was used perfectly and it was the first time I heard it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L4DdAs0PddQ
>>
>>83503358
Just turn the movie off as soon as he shoots the streaker. Pretend it just cuts to black and ends right there.
>>
>>83503299
I thought it was alright the first time I saw it, but I hadn't seen many good movies or be exposed to much art at all. Some of the characters are a bit one note, like the mother or the drug dealer, but Rogen is a terrifying example of men who abuse authority through an overinflated sense of self. His love interest is clearly a narcissistic whore, but through his eyes she is perfect. The humor is mostly from the shock and fear that the characters illicit, not from sarcasm or farce, like other movies like it. I was laughing constantly, because of how real and terrifying it all felt, like Full Metal Jacket.

But of course, some people might not like a comedy like that. For me, it really made me reevaluate Rogen's other films, and see the inner darkness in many of his roles. It really is very similar to Adam Sandler in Punch Drunk Love, but some people don't like that either.
>>
So how does it end
>>
>>83503358
Well to be fair, people say the same thing about Taxi Driver. And while it might not be totally realistic either, I feel like someone would probably be justified in shooting a person who is literally about to sexually assault a woman. I mean it's not like they made him a cop.
>>
>>83503596
"Ronnie, I ain't gonna lie to you. There ain't nothing good about this at all"

And that cover of Where is My Mind to tie into Fight Club was pretty memorable as well.
>>
>>83503353
Damn, I might need to see this then. The Lost Boys still haunts me to this day, especially after reading about all the weird occult shit Jim Morrison was into (his fucking dad was involved with the Gulf of Tonkin) or the horrifying stuff that happened to Cory Feldman and Corey Haim.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.