[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My girlfriend, a huge fan of Adam Sandler's wedding Singer,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 7

File: DL05DavidLynchRichardDumas.jpg (3MB, 4083x2292px) Image search: [Google]
DL05DavidLynchRichardDumas.jpg
3MB, 4083x2292px
My girlfriend, a huge fan of Adam Sandler's wedding Singer, said Mulholland Drive was "just okay". What did she mean by this?
>>
>>83481098

>throttle me in my sleep anon.
>>
She hated it and didn't want to hurt your feelings. You probably should have eased her into arthouse film instead of throwing her in at the deep end.
>>
File: you_got.jpg (265KB, 919x688px) Image search: [Google]
you_got.jpg
265KB, 919x688px
>>83481098
Hahaha she was
LYNCHED
N
C
H
E
D
>>
File: 1496353610990.jpg (94KB, 519x533px) Image search: [Google]
1496353610990.jpg
94KB, 519x533px
>>83481098
One friend stopped watching the Twin Peaks pilot after 10 minutes. He said it felt too artsy and he only watches tv series for entertainment.
I wish I was memeing but sadly this really happened.
>>
>>83481098
How do you even get close enough with such a person to consider her your girlfriend? How embarassing.
>>
>>83481098
Rating Mulholland drive at all shows how much of a pleb she is.

That pussy game better be worth it!
>>
Lynch is Lynch. It's not high art or anything, though. You're an idiot to think otherwise and insinuate that you're girlfriend is a pleb because she likes le Adam Sandler's Wedding Singer (which is not a bad movie btw). I really hate how try-hard normies think because Lynch makes surreal films with excessive/unnecessary symbolism it automatically makes them deep or worthy of unanimous appraisal. Truth is, while Lynch does his shtick very well, as a filmmaker he doesn't hold a candle to the real greats of cinema.
>>
File: lynched.jpg (396KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
lynched.jpg
396KB, 768x768px
>>83481362
Hahaha sounds like you were
LYNCHED
Y
N
C
H
E
D
>>
File: 1496084722954.png (140KB, 760x569px) Image search: [Google]
1496084722954.png
140KB, 760x569px
>>83481362
>>
File: 1436639912736.jpg (13KB, 276x342px) Image search: [Google]
1436639912736.jpg
13KB, 276x342px
>>83481362
Lol, sounds like you just didn't get it brotendo. Maybe you should stick to watching raunchy summer comedies, lmao
>>
>>83481098

Mulholland Dr is a masterpiece

Wedding Singer is pretty decent though Happy Gilmore is obviously Sandler's best
>>
>>83481134
David Lynch is entry level art house bud.
>>
>>83481553
I know, but for someone whose favourite movie is the wedding singer, Mulholland Dr. would not be a good first arthouse movie.
>>
>>83481268
i wish you were near me so i could beat your face in you dumb faggot
>>
>>83481362
Exactly.

I do love David Lynch's films, and I would even go as far as to say he's my favourite director, but I can definitely understand why some people wouldn't like his work. It definitely isn't everyone's cup of tea, and it is especially aggravating when people use his films as a measure of patricianness or whatever.

However, I do disagree with your last point. David Lynch is worthy of being considered one of the greats. I've never seen films by a director quite like him.
>>
>>83481746
You need to watch more movies, chump.
>>
Also, you can almost guarantee that all these kids posting le epic Lynch'd memes don't even fucking understand the films they claim to have watched. At that point you have to ask yourself who's sadder, the people who don't fully grasp Lynch and fully admit it, or the 14 year olds spamming memes because they think pretending to like Lynch makes them seem more cultured and sophisticated?
>>
>>83481537
>Happy Gilmore
>Sandler's best
>not Punch Drunk Love
>>
>>83481901
Sounds like a Baywatch fan.
>>
>>83481362
He clearly understands the power of cinema. Definitely deserves to be in the Pantheon of masterful directors. He's also a quality editor, painter, and musician
>>
>>83481098

Tough shit, I saw it a while ago with my gf and she loved it
>>
>>83481917

Fair point. I barely even consider that a Sandler movie when I think of him but that is the best movie featuring him. As far as his more typical dummy comedies go I would put Gilmore at the peak.

Fairly hyped for the new Noah Baumbach movie later this year which will also feature Sandler in serious mode.
>>
>>83481997
>If you're good at painting it is relevant to being a good director

What did fanboy faggots mean by this?
>>
Your hand talks to you?
>>
mulholland drive is lynch's most overrated film and probably the most overrated film of all time
>>
>>83482120
That isn't what he meant at all you dumb faggot, maybe try thinking before posting next time.
>>
>>83481098
Women have shit taste in everything. Before I met my girlfriend, she had never watched Mad Men, Breaking Bad, or the Sopranos.

Now, she still likes dumb reality TV bullshit, but she actually appreciates well-made things now... mostly.
>>
I'lll need you
Feed you
Give you my coat when you are cold

Need you
Feed you
I'll even let you hold the remote control

;_; I wish Sandler did more "serious" music desu that song is a classic
>>
>>83482182
>He clearly understands <occupation>. Definitely deserves to be considered <best of occupation>. He's also <other occupations>.

Read in context it's plain the third sentence aims to increase his status as best in <occupation>.

Or was an irrelevant tidbit fanfact that aims to establish his art skill not meant to be relevant?

Dipshit.
>>
>>83481730
I'd like to see you try bitch.
>>
File: 1488571762335.jpg (3MB, 1816x5276px) Image search: [Google]
1488571762335.jpg
3MB, 1816x5276px
>>83481098
Should've tried Dune and Eraserhead on her first.
>>
>>83483677
what a meme list, delete this at once pleb
>>
Stay with her. She has patrician taste anon/
>>
You either love or hate Lynch stuff, there's no "just okay" in there. Either she didn't watch it or didn't want to hurt your feelings, or you don't have a gf you miserable cunt.
>>
>>83481098
>girlfriend

GET OFF THIS BOARD
>>
>"dude I LOVE twin peaks"
>"who is david lynch?"
>>
>>83481929
Baywatch is amazing, one of the best raunchy R-rated comedies in years! Audiences love it!
>>
>>83481134
>You probably should have eased her into arthouse film instead of throwing her in at the deep end.
Lynch is probably the most accessible "arthouse" director there is. The idea that his films are completely incomprehensible and strange comes from people who've never watched anything really esoteric.
>>
>>83483929
You just revealed yourself, Plebbitor
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.