[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did he pick a bike lock in the middle of Venice Beach without

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (58KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
58KB, 1280x720px
How did he pick a bike lock in the middle of Venice Beach without anyone noticing him?
>>
>>83475560
You'd be surprised by how much shit you can get away with in public. People never want to get involved.
>>
>>83475560
No one gives a fuck about bike thieves man, you could literally run up and beat the shit out of the guy trying to steal your bike and you would get reported/arrested while he fucks off with your bike.
>>
>>83475560
actually i read somewhere that in very crowded places like this, everyone just assumes everyone else will do something
>>
>>83475703
Bystander effect
>>
>>83475560
This shit happens in Venice Beach all the time. People will angle grind off locks to electric bikes in front of a Whole Foods and get away with it. It is insane how easy it is to steal a bike,
>>
>>83475589
and people will assume if you do it in public that it's your bike and you just lost your key or something
>>
>>83475560

>oh that guy must have lost his key
>>
>>83475560
He had bolt cutters.
>>
>>83475744
they call it that because 'pussy/coward effect' is too hurtful to pussies/cowards

the only people who do anything are good men

women do nothing. average men do nothing. bad men do nothing.
>>
>>83475849
you shitpost
>>
>>83475881
i bet if i tried hard enough i could find a study that showed people rarely intervene and when they do intervene they are 99% men
>>
>>83475560
What was the point of this movie?
>>
He was a real night cruller
>>
>>83475560
He made it look like he was just fumbling with the lock as if it was his own bike.
>>
File: 1443171451127.jpg (65KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
1443171451127.jpg
65KB, 480x640px
>>83475849
*tips fedora*
>>
>>83475589
>>83475703
>>83475849
Honestly, though, it's not my fucking problem. Why would I get involved? I've seen all kinds of illegal activity by shady characters, and generally there's not much I can do about it without potentially putting my health and life on the line over a fucking g of weed or someone else's bike.
>>
>>83476319
you dont have to get involved, thats the law, and really, if you ever gave society an opportunity to help you and society didnt do a thing then its karmic to sit by and let someone else get fucked over

on the other hand you have a golden opportunity to injure someone and call it a citizens arrest. if you like beating people its your best in.
>>
>>83476396
>beating up guy caught in the middle of a crime
Yes, I'm sure he'll be so kind to put any knives or guns away in order to have gentlemanly fight with you. Besides, unless you're actually training for it, most men are utterly shit at fighting. You don't realize this until you join a gym and actually get your ass kicked in sparring. Don't be stupid, this shit ain't fucking worth it.
>>
>night crawler
>drives a car
What did the director mean by this?
>>
>>83475560
Obviously the actual unrealistic part was selling the bike.

Pawn shops arn't stupid, they're a legitimate business and don't risk their store to act as fences for stolen goods to the public
>>
>>83475560
White privilege
>>
>>83475589
Especially if you're white
>>
>>83476682
I thought the same. In reality very few businesses would be willing to buy his obviously stolen shit.
>>
Casey Neistat has made a few videos showing how nobody cares if you steal a bike in a crowded part of NYC. IIRC, one guy even stopped to help him use the angle grinder.
>>
>>83476682

I stole a laptop when I was drunk in University. I drove to a city an hour away and sold it to some random pawn shop in the shittiest part of town. The guy knew, especially when I couldn't answer any questions about the thing, but pawn shops aren't exactly the bastion of legitimacy you make them out to be. Sure, they'd have to turn over any proven stolen merch, but the guy knew damn well when I said what University I went to that this thing wasn't going to be found. At that point, he'd be stupid not to lowball me, and I'd be stupid not to unload it. Just two crooks playing along with each others game.
>>
>>83475849
Much to my chagrin as a child/teen growing up, my mom ALWAYS did something, and still does. She's constantly getting herself involved in tiny injustices in the world, especially if one person is harming another in some way.

As a man now, I'm so thankful she did, even though it used to embarrass me. She set an example of moral integrity for me to live up to.

So no, not all women do nothing, Anon. Basic human decency can be found on both sides.
>>
>>83477615
i wanna hear examples cause if its something that isnt actually worthy then im gonna rebut the fuck out of you
>>
>>83475560
I'm more interested how did he grow his hair like that?
>>
>>83475560
nightcrawler?
>>
He had finally become a Nightcrawler©
>>
>>83477615
>women think they're protected
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.