[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you realize Truman probably committed suicide within

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

File: truman.png (173KB, 620x361px) Image search: [Google]
truman.png
173KB, 620x361px
>tfw you realize Truman probably committed suicide within a year after he escapes the show
>>
>>83475357

If you're a bitch then yes
>>
>>83475357

god he is the luckiest guy
>>
File: f0442231.jpg (17KB, 238x217px) Image search: [Google]
f0442231.jpg
17KB, 238x217px
>>83475357
>that episode where Truman was swimming with his friend and accidentally shit it the pool from not waiting the doctor recommend time of 30 minutes after eating arbys

remembering that scene had me laughing whenever it popped into my head for weeks
>>
>>83475357
Truman was probably hit by a car because he never had to look before he crossed the road before.
>>
Not everyone falls apart and kills themselves just because life can be a little hard, anon.

And I think the movie made it clear he's a pretty resilient guy with a passion for life.

He probably had a trippy half decade adjusting to the real world (the subtle differences would probably be a real headfuck), while enjoying a relationship with what's-her-name, and likely got a lot of sponsorships and maybe won a lawsuit against the network which he used this to travel the world and see Fiji.
>>
That didn't happened.
because Truman isn't real.
>>
File: f0372271.png (25KB, 303x430px) Image search: [Google]
f0372271.png
25KB, 303x430px
>>83475507
whoa u got me thinjkin
>>
>>83475507
>And I think the movie made it clear he's a pretty resilient guy with a passion for life.

no he tried to get suicided by god in the water and accidentally lived

he wasnt passionate for life he was bored of life and just wanted to stick his dick in his oneitis and if that couldnt happen he was just gonna go out in a blaze of glory
>>
>>83475507
you forgot that he would probably suffer from extreme paranoia from having all relationships in his life since childhood being fake.
>>
File: 1489058384298.png (163KB, 382x452px) Image search: [Google]
1489058384298.png
163KB, 382x452px
>>83475538
>>
>>83475532
Lad...
>>
>>83475357

I've thought about this quite a bit actually. I think it would either be the most massive disappoint to realize how shitty real life is, but to someone like Truman, the small annoyances would be a constant reminder of his own freedom. Things that seem depressing to us would, possibly, be enjoyable to him because though annoying they're a reflection of reality, and freedom is better than ignorance, even if freedom comes with a price. In a lot of ways, The Truman Show is a psychological precursor to the Matrix; taking the Red Pill is like Truman deciding to go out on the boat. I won't even get started on the Christ imagery and the rebirth metaphors.

I think it Truman ever did commit suicide it would be over the eventual fear that he's simply been removed from one show and introduced into another, that his new personal freedom is simply another illusion. Again, Matrix, with illusions within illusions.
>>
this movie was 2deep4me
>>
>>83475591
that realization was only more recent though, and it is pretty clear cut which ones were fakes (hint, everyone living inside the massive dome)

I dunno, I guess I'm just not a pessimist. and don't think his character is ultimately either.
>>
File: f0381167.jpg (39KB, 704x600px) Image search: [Google]
f0381167.jpg
39KB, 704x600px
>that episode where truman discovers amphetamines and masturbates for over 13 hours

I was at a watch party this and we had it in the background the entire time with one guy watching so he could call everyone over when truman was finishing. Comfy day desu
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.