[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seriously now, I understand some of you might not be old enough

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_0051.jpg (25KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0051.jpg
25KB, 512x288px
Seriously now, I understand some of you might not be old enough to be able to follow the simple plot points of BvS, even in its theatrical cut, and because of that think it's shit, but if you don't think Man of Steel is the best of the cape genre, you must have some kind of mental issue. Not even memeing, I fail to understand how MoS has a lower aggregated score than fucking Superman Returns.

>inb4 invincible son scene, even though that's one 2 min scene in a 2h28 min movie

I dare you to show me a movie that more accurately portrays how beings with Superman and Zod tiers of power would fight to death. It's exactly what everyone asked for when they came out of Matrix 3 and saw the final fight between Neo and Agent Smith. I distinctly remember both critics and fans alike saying "Wow, that looked like a Superman fight! I wish we got something like that for that character!"

Then, when people get it, they complain about too much fighting, not 'muh Superman', Man of Murder etc.
>>
>>83472021
>DCEU

Fuck off femfrequency
>>
>>83472021
I actually didn't like it on my first viewing in theater at the release I watched it yesterday for the second time and liked it very much
I posted a thread asking why was that bad again and got met with fierce rage and snarky answer
The hate for this movie is still real so many years ago
It's especially stupid bitching about the fighting in Man of steel especially since this was exactly the point of the fight, to show how people could turn their back on superman. And the people are so pleb that they actually reacted as the scripted character in the movie did.
It's getting even stupidier not getting that when you realize man of steel was also setting up the feud batman has against superman
Capeshit watcher are too dumb that's why they complain when they get served with capekino
>>
>>83473304

>And the people are so pleb that they actually reacted as the scripted character in the movie did.

THIS so much. I don't know why people thought this movie glorified violence when it was precisely about showing how bad it could be if Superman was an enemy instead of a friend. He literally saved the world by doing an unspeakable act to him (killing someone), cried at the fact he had to do it and people say he loved the destruction and is a Man of Murder.

Then WW movie comes out, Diana says she wants to stop wars, that men are good but are just corrupted by Ares and that love is everything but proceeds to mow down german troops like they were hellspawn and everyone is a-ok because "she's an amazon and amazons are soldiers!"

I genuinely think people do turn their brains off while watching movies.
>>
>>83473490
Yes.
And one thing more. Man of steel was a genesis story of superman. But it covered his childhood, the discovery of his father and what he had in mind for him and the battle against World anihilating destruction
First of all Superman, i guess, never had Zod as a first enemy, he is far too powerfull and that's why superman wasn't heroic enough to their eyes. When he fight human his main goal can be to save all the people (but let's be honest it's a little bit childish to think that superman is flawless) but here he is matched with an opponent of equal power and his goal is simply saving the earth while avoiding as many casualty as he can which is to say, not at all, Zod as him nearly outmatched.
More importantly he barely is a hero by the end and he still isn't the superman "people" know by the end of BvS that's wanted by the director, by the scenarist that's the point of these movie they are actually making a genesis trilogy.
Also they say that he does not makes good act like superman does, and he isn't the same symbols these people.
Were theses people asleep at the scene where he jump into a gravity beam in a highly toxic environnement for his power. Or asleep when the heroic army major and his men refrained from shooting superman because they understood what he meant and what he was ?
Or when he trangressed one of his rules (I admit it wasn't greatly set up in the movie) of not killing when he had to save a familly.
Or what about the fact that he surrendered himself for humanity ?
This movie is filled with heroic act but because he isn't cartoonishly perfect and saves everyone people hate him.
Snyder actually made superman humanlike and he is hated for doing that, like it was a profanity
>>
>>83473909

He was saving people all over the movie. He saved the guys at the oil rig, he saved the guy falling from the helicopter, he saved the ground soldiers, he told people from smallville to hide while he was dealing with the kryptonians, he saved people as a kid, he saved people from the terraforming machine etc. If you ask normies, though, they'll say he saved no one. It's mind-boggling.
>>
He is not handsome.

/thread
>>
File: IMG_0052.jpg (20KB, 220x332px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0052.jpg
20KB, 220x332px
>>83474016

Sure, bud.
>>
File: surprised .png (543KB, 543x515px) Image search: [Google]
surprised .png
543KB, 543x515px
MoS has some pacing issues (Superman fighting the world engine and then zod...should have just been fighting Zod)

If someone said they hated MoS i probably wouldn't be able to take their opinions seriously though. Not to say its this amazing piece of Cinema but to say its a failure as a film makes me instantly disregard any other opinion they may have.
>>
https://youtu.be/lnNwMiOWDM0

I guess this is a thread to ask this. How can I find out what was done by Zimmer and what was done by Junkie XL in the BvS OST?
>>
>>83474016
>>83474045

he was handsome when he was younger but not anymore when he did man of steel.
>>
>>83474016
Didn't your mother ever tell you it's not nice to lie?
>>
>>83474133

Any tracks that feature guitars were done by Junkie, the other ones were Zimmer.
>>
>>83473490
I guess the idea was that if alien could kill his kindred to save humans than we should trust him and accept him
>>
>>83472021
I really like MoS, but BvS was a fucking mess and no one can deny that.
>>
>>83474160

It's not a lie. It's fact. He's not handsome.
>>
List of issues with MoS

- krypton looks like shit. Generic ps3 CGI, dark grey hue, a stupid fucking dragon!!!!

- Russell Crowe UTTER SHIT. no-one ever talks about his performance in mos because he doesn't GIVE a performance. He just boredly reads lines off a card with 0 charisma

- "superman" is a little bitch who allows a waitress to get raped while he vandalised a truck

- stop, invincible son. Yeah, go on, post an 8 paragraph rebuttal explaining why this scene is not incredibly stupid

- collateral damage. In 1970s, Superman turned back time itself to save the life of 1 woman. In mos he absolutely dngaf about civilian loss of life. That ain't a hero

- boring 1v1 orgy of destruction at movie end. Compare this to, say, end fight in GOTG2, there is so much going on, interpersonal rivalry, revenge, redemption, family issues... In mos its just "rargh I WILL kill you!"
>>
>>83474292

The imbeciles turned Batman from the world's greatest detective into an angsty teengirl who did not even wonder who's sending him those notes.
>>
>>83473909
>Or when he trangressed one of his rules (I admit it wasn't greatly set up in the movie) of not killing when he had to save a familly.

The meme that keeps on giving. This was never one of superman's rules. Just a byproduct of his arrogance. He's fairly pragmatic and will kill if it's absolutely necessary. Batman is the same way, but the writers try to brainwash you into thinking he's anti-murder in order to justify the Joker being a recurring villain. Fans who mindlessly buy into the purity of these heros are just as bad as those perverts in Japan who obsess over the virginity of a female cartoon character.
>>
>>83472021
Why do you do this every day? Do you have OCD?
>>
>>83474368
>stop, invincible son

which scene does this refer to?
>>
>>83474368
>stop, invincible son. Yeah, go on, post an 8 paragraph rebuttal explaining why this scene is not incredibly stupid

This is the only real legit criticism of MoS that I can't ever refute.
>>
>>83474368

Jesus Christ, so many stupid points and opinions presented as facts. I'll just say that if you think the Deus Ex Machina move of flying so fast you turn back time to save a woman from dying is reasonable or good, even for the 70s, you're beyond hope.

That was possibly only surpassed by the cellophane Superman S he shits out of nowhere and throws at the bad guys in Superman II.

Go masturbate to Donner's Superman and GotTG in another corner, please.
>>
>>83472021
When people tell you why this movie was shit every day, they're completely serious. You're not going to start your usual thread one day and find out that we were all fucking with you, you goddamn mental ward patient.
>>
>>83474418

It was pretty well established that he was blinded by rage in that movie and chose to believe the notes were real to sustain the bigger lie that Superman is evil.

>Alfred: That's how it starts, sir. The fever, the rage, the feeling of powerlessness that turns good men... cruel.
>>
>>83474467

When Pa Kent, played by Kevin Costner, ventures out into the most violent part of a hurricane to rescue a family dog, rather than allow his adopted alien son, who has demonstrated powers of immense strength and indestructibility, to carry out the same task. Despite the fact that Clark could easily have rescued the dog without displaying inhuman abilities.
>>
>>83474094
>If someone said they hated MoS i probably wouldn't be able to take their opinions seriously though.
Why, because they have good taste? I'm convinced that half of these posts are copypasta at this point. I've never seen people so completely deluded as to have daily threads about terrible films, trying to convince themselves and others about them not being that bad.
It's like a circlejerk of brain damage and complete cognitive dissonance.
>>
>>83474510
But Superman can time travel on his own power though
>>
>>83474447

This. Superman always says he will never kill, unless there's no other way. He's fine with fighting to the death with Doomsday, for instance, or with entities that he knows simply are beyond redemption.
>>
I actually liked Man of Steel a lot up until the Smallville. That's where the movie devolved into a bland Michael Bay Transformers movie with no emotion at all.
>>
>>83474640
>good taste

Nah. More like they are blinded by fan boyism. MoS isn't a great film but when people go on about how awful it is I just ignore their opinions because they have zero understanding of cinema as an art form

To give it a rating below a 6/10 is legitimately embarrassing .
>>
>>83474368
I agree with all of your points, and I would have looked past them, along with the ridiculous symbolism if the movie didn't implode during the third act. The complete excess of destruction without justification, just for the amusement of the director is baffling. It's like a psychopath yelling in your ear for an hour.
Oh, and I hadn't seen more blatant product placement since Adam Sandler. And I'm sure Snyder tried to be subtle about it, but he just can't. He's as subtle as a firecracker.
>>
I liked man of steel, but the hate against it is kind of reasonable.

Superman isn't portrayed heroically at all and the tone conflicts with the entire character of Superman because it is trying to be like the dark knight. and the shot with Jesus and Superman is one of the most retarded things I have ever seen as well as the other religious symbolism in the movie is cringey as fuck.

Still leagues better than Superman Returns though. At least I get to see Superman do shit.
>>
>>83474487

OP here.

There's no refuting, it's my only criticism, to be honest. I think Superman as a character would always try to save his dad from certain death, no matter the cost, so it would have been 10 times better to have him die from a heart attack like it has been done many times before, to show Superman can't save everyone just becuse he's strong. Either way, like I said, it's one scene in a 2h30m movie. If we started writing off movies because of one or two bad scenes, there'd be no good movies left on Earth.
>>
>>83474707
>Nah. More like they are blinded by fan boyism.
I wonder if you realize how well this describes you. You don't spam the board constantly with something like this without considering you a fanboy, probable mental diseases aside. I think the most blatant tell is how you crazy kids are never able to justify this film, and always devolve into ulterior motives for disliking it or personal insults.
That's when you're not posting those horrble, desaturated overcontrasted shots as if post processing makes a film worth watching.
These threads are an embarrassment, every bit as bad as the cunnyposts and blacked spam.
>>
>>83474641

He literally never had this power and the moment it was used in that movie meant that in that continuity nothing could ever really threaten the ones he loved anymore.
>>
>>83474467
When Clark's dad Jonathan runs into the tornado to save his family dog, and dies trying. Clark on the other hand could've walked right through the tornado and been fine.

This awful scene sums up the POS that MOS really is.
>>
>>83474806
>he never had this power

he literally had this power at the time the film was released (1978).

as for the rest. Its the end of the film so it doesn't matter. Plus it seems like something he shouldn't do on a regular basis.
>>
>>83474779
Not really. Superman 3,4 and Returns were really bad.
MoS is a decent film. You're just a pathetic loser with no taste in film and should stick with Marvel movies. No offense of course.
>>
>>83474584

Real Batman has always been driven by rage (when his parents were killed) but he's never been blinded by it. Real Batman is the world's greatest detective. BvS Batman is a stupid angsty teengirl.
>>
>>83474487
>>83474368

people that use the invincible son excuse are literally retarded, they are using preconceived notion of superman and applicking them to a man living in the universe where superman doesn't even exist.
They act as though superman's dad know his son his superman
Let's take it pragmatically here. Dad get sons from this space, looks human. He raise him like a human
Quite some year later at 3-4 when the kid walk they realize he never scratch himself and the kind start to develops an incredible force for his age. Do you think for one second that the dad would throw off his son of a 10 feet ladder just to see if he can withstand it ?
He has no idea what his son his really capable and Clark either
It's even put right there in the movie for slow-poke when his real dad tell him textually "the only way to know your limits are to test them" (I.E. they never tested them)
So sure his son can fight a tornado, they don't know that.
But he run like super fast and could easily make it back, yeah but he would get caught and people are looking, his father don't know that
So he protects him, and seriously this wasn't even conscious by his dad. If you weren't autistic man children you'd knew that dad protect they children no matter what.
So he went out there got caught and told his son not to disclose his power to the world like they talked to.
Seriously guys it's easy as abc
>>
>>83475054
Damn son for somebody who hates stupid angsty teengirl you sure sound like one
There is no real batman and all batman differs depending on authors
Grow up dude
>>
>>83472021
So it's good because it shows a fight scene the way you wanted?
Not because the characters are interesting or have good chemistry with each other, not because the plot is compelling, interesting creative, coherent, etc,
Capeshit fans everyone
>>
Maybe it's just me but there's a point where an action scene, even a good action scene, goes on so long it becomes kinda tiring, if not actively exhausting. That's pretty much the entire last third of Man of Steel. And it doesn't really help that Zod wasn't really a compelling villain.

I really like the first half, for what it's wort. Well, most of it. I was never really feeling that not quite H.R. Giger look they had for Krypton.
>>
>>83472021
Its a little too long, many scenes drag on a bit.
>>
capeshit lol
>>
>>83475616

Makes me crazy that I have to explain this every single time to my friends. It's like people deliberately choose to be dumb when talking wbout this movie.
>>
>>83475751

Yeah, let me post a wall of text about all the things I like about the movie. I just posted about one aspect of it.
>>
>>83475616

Only 7 paragraphs anon, I am disappointed
>>
>>83472021
KINO XDD
>>
>snyder isn't shit

ded maymay
>>
>>83474133
Can we all agree Zimmer is a genius?
https://youtu.be/9WxWbQhDhDo?t=4m48s

He's probably one of the main reasons I love DC movies.
>>
File: IMG_0290.jpg (488KB, 1527x1367px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0290.jpg
488KB, 1527x1367px
>>83472021
It's a legitimately good movie by any standard and a masterpiece among cape films.
>>
File: IMG_0453.jpg (21KB, 236x374px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0453.jpg
21KB, 236x374px
>>83478167
Yes. Yes we can.
>>
File: 1495979174196.jpg (58KB, 610x490px) Image search: [Google]
1495979174196.jpg
58KB, 610x490px
>>
File: 2dhgu3k.jpg (72KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
2dhgu3k.jpg
72KB, 500x375px
>it's a 16 year old pseudo-intellectual capeshitter thinks he has good taste thread
Thread posts: 56
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.