[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what the fuck happened? has he always been a hack that just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: hack.jpg (13KB, 214x317px) Image search: [Google]
hack.jpg
13KB, 214x317px
what the fuck happened?

has he always been a hack that just got lucky with Alien and Blade Runner?

ridley scott is the new george lucas, only WAY worse. at least the prequels are fun, all of scott's movies in the past 20 years have been absolutely abysmal

almost in shock at how terrible covenant was
>>
>>83458412
Senile.
>>
>>83458412
Stop pretending Blade Runner is good
Alien was a fluke that turned out amazing
>>
Black Rain is kino and Kingdom of Heaven is amazing.
>>
>>83458412
Blade Runner bombed harder than Prometheus and Covenant and Exodus put together when it came out so not sure why Blade Runner gets so much prestige. It's fucking Shit.
>>
>ignoring the duellists

Ridley Scott fans are always massive plebs.
>>
>>83458412
>muh Brade Lunner

You do realise Blade Runner is probably one of the worst fucking movies ever made. It's up there with Aliens as being one of the worst fucking films ever put on film.
>>
>>83458412
Black Hawk Down is kino

Body of Lies is surprisingly good spy movie
>>
File: 1457508062458.jpg (32KB, 447x456px) Image search: [Google]
1457508062458.jpg
32KB, 447x456px
>>83458767
>Exodus
Now that was a gigantic piece of shit movie
>>
>>83458596
https://youtu.be/wK8kK4hY6PA
this
>>
Ridley Scott still doesn't have a single bad movie in his entire filmography.
>>
File: doog.jpg (28KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
doog.jpg
28KB, 320x320px
>>83458734
>>83458767
>>83458799
i dont buy into the blade runner cinematic masterpiece meme, but to exaggerate and call it a shit/one of the worst films ever made is pretty silly
>>
>>83458412
>has he always been a hack that just got lucky with Alien and Blade Runner?
Yes. Literally that. On Alien and Blade Runner he was just surrounded with incredibly talented people - it would have been almost impossible for those films to fail, irrelevant of who would've directed those.
Ridley Scott was always awful. I just hope he dies soon.
>>
He's just an overblown DP, a great one but not an auteur. There's a reason he doesn't give a shit about final cut and does Director Cuts on DVD.
>>
Alien was more the work of Dan O'Bannon, with Giger, than Scott, so you can remove Alien as a good bit of work from him
>>
>>83458968
Retard alert. Directors siphon everyone elses vision and he has a track record of doing so.
>>
>>83458412
Everyone has their prime
>>
>>83458965
I should add this is why he has such a diverse collection of work, so it's not a bad thing really.
>>
>>83458412
>has he always been a hack that just got lucky with Alien and Blade Runner?
Yes. I've been saying this since I knew what film direction was, I'm really glad people are finally getting a clue. He can't compose a frame, and anything good in his films is other people's contribution. He should have stayed in advertising.
>>
>>83459050
All of it is fecal matter, though.
>>
>>83459847
>He should have stayed in advertising.
Fuck that! As if todays ads weren't terrible enough.
>>
>>83458923
>Yes. Literally that. On Alien and Blade Runner he was just surrounded with incredibly talented people - it would have been almost impossible for those films to fail, irrelevant of who would've directed those.
Exactly.
>>
>>83459007
>Directors siphon everyone elses vision
No, if they're worth looking at at all, directors apply others' talents to the realization of their visions. Scott doesn't.
>>
>>83459899
kek
>>
>>83459885
Robin Hood and Alien: Covenant are his only outright shit
>>
>>83459015
Sure, but when a director doesn't seem to understand his own work on the level Scott doesn't, you're dealing with a hack who got lucky.
>>
>>83460024
Your standards are too low. He made a couple of halfway redeemable films to which he contributed very little. Remember that this is the man who neither knew nor cared which 3D process he was using, and claimed he didn't even know or care which of his films were shot in 2.35:1.
>>
>>83460131
Yeah he's obviously went senile. He claims ALL of his movies are in the same universe. Still, he's had plenty of quality films across genres.
>>
>>83460266
Alien and Gladiator are in the same universe. When will be get the crossover bros?
>>
>>83460266
>He claims ALL of his movies are in the same universe.
What?
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.