[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is this board so obsessed with failures, and successful people

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: me.jpg (70KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
me.jpg
70KB, 960x540px
Why is this board so obsessed with failures, and successful people failing. From Latza to the Rock most recently, /tv/ has always been fixated on failure.

What is the reason for this? Does it make us feel better? What in our character is flawed that causes us to derive pleasure from the misfortune of others? Are we incapable of sympathy?
>>
>>83448273
If you dislike or hate something it's very pleasing to see it fail. Who wanted to see baywatch succeed? We don't need another shit franchise regurgitating sequels every year.
>>
>>83448273
I remember back in the day when Who Wants To Be A Millionaire was popular I heard a lot of people say stuff like "I'd rather watch someone lose a million than win a million" I think that's the general mentality
>>
>>83448273
humans are competitive
>>
>>83448273

it isn't just failure but spectacular failure and it has been entertainment of plebes for thousands of years.

Watching those who pretend to be better, stand on high pedestals and fall is pure human satisfaction.
>>
>>83448273

Is a break from our normal lives filled with success. You think I spend my off time doing the same shit I do on the clock? BRAAAAAAAAP
>>
>>83448273
Schadenfreude
>>
it's not just /tv/
look at medias in general, newspaper and all. it's all filled up with bad news and awful stories. Good positive news don't sell nearly as much.
>>
why are you confining this behavior to /tv/? look at everyone talking nonstop about Tiger Wood's mugshot over the past few days
>>
Because life is a lottery and most people who gain success don't really deserve it nor have they earned it. If you think multi million dollar careers for playing pretend is sensible and you worship people who shit and fart like everyone else then more fool you.
>>
>>83448568
I believe in supply and demand. Of course actors shouldn't be worshiped for anything more than their ability to pretend, however there is a reason they have such wealth, they fill a demand. No one's going to just give them money for nothing.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.