[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alien Covenant is easily the scariest Alien film since the Alien

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

Alien Covenant is easily the scariest Alien film since the Alien 3/Alien:Resurrection days IMHO.
>>
But Resurrection wasn't scary at all
>>
Saw it today. I'll give it an 7.
>>
>>83447533
Neither is Covenant, fucking Aliens was scarier and that was a action movie
>>
>>83447533
This. Prometheus and Covenant are scarier than any since the original. Yes that isn't saying much, but it's true. Aliens being scary is a meme.
>>
>>83447511
It's the only Alien film since 3/Resurrection you fuckwit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK8kK4hY6PA
>>
>>83447511
Which parts were scary? In the beginning the aliens just show up and start killing people. No build up or tension at all. In the middle they are in no danger and just talk a lot. At the end the alien just shows up and starts killincg people, no build up or tension at all.

Contrast with the original Alien, the Xeno is typically hiding somewhere on the ship and the crew never knows when he will strike.
>>
>>83447511
>>83440964
>two threads on the same day about the same exact thing
>a week after the movie came out
>no one else on /tv/ has ever tried to call this movie "scary"
You're either autistic or getting paid. My money's on autistic. Anyway, I can't remember a scene with the alien that I didn't laugh a little bit during, and super-powered robots tossing each other around isn't exactly spooky.
>>
>>83447611

>Aliens being scary is a meme.

You know what's even a bigger meme anon? Not realizing that both tension and action can co-exist and make a film "scary". Aliens did just that on a PERFECT level.

What reveals you as an Alien idiot is clearly not understanding the horror and dread Aliens exhibits in a more action-orientend form. You clearly aren't a fan and are just spouting unintelligent opinions.
>>
>>83447511
Alien and Alien Covenant are the only ones I'd call scary in any way.
>>
>>83448083
What scared you about Covenant? Genuinely curious because I wasn't scared at all, and I'm a pussy.
>>
>>83447892
>stereotypical over the top cocky marines land on a colony world that has stopped contact
>they get ambushed by bugs
>kill maybe 100 bugs while losing ~20 people
>Ripley is now le mommy so soccer moms can identify too
>stereotypical explosion scene where they escape at the last minute

Nah bro. Some decent moments of tension (Bishop crawling through a vent is pretty memorable), but otherwise it ain't scary.
>>
>>83448154
Well, none of the Alien movies really scare me, but Alien Covenant brought back some of that "wrongness" that I originally felt when I saw the landing crew of the Nostromo first spot the Juggernaut.
Similar fever-dream feel.
>>
>>83447669
The only part I found tense was when the first "neomorph" burst from the back of the guy in the medlab with the chick stuck in there with it. After it escaped it kind of reminded me of Jurassic Park: The Lost World with the raptors in the tall grass.
>>
>>83447511
It's the only Alien film since Resurrection
>>
>>83447892
no, you're just a pseudo-intellectual that thinks tenison means horror. Lynch tension is scary, Cameron tension is not.

Besides that, they're fucking bugs in that movie, which might have been scary if Alien didn't exist. People bitch about prequels ruining the Alien lore but Cameron did more to destroy it that senile Ridley and some blue man ever could.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.