[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Rian Johnson on fan concern about retreading ESB "I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

>Rian Johnson on fan concern about retreading ESB "I've addressed it the only way I possibly can - by spending the past three years of my life making a film I do not think is derivative."

I feel so bad for Rian, he's dedicated 3 years of his life to make us all a film he hopes will be something we love and cherish and everyday on twitter he gets asked mind numbingly stupid questions from so called fans, we've seen what? 30 seconds of the film just give him a chance!
>>
File: 1477377553311.gif (3MB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
1477377553311.gif
3MB, 300x200px
>>83435237
>give him a chance
>lego shit
>>
Unfortunately the "fans" will find any way to connect it to ESB.

"Look, it's a movie, and it's the second in a trilogy! It has a darker tone! REHASH! hack!"

So it's a losing proposition for him. He needs to ignore the idiots and celebrate the new film.
>>
File: @@.jpg (125KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
@@.jpg
125KB, 1024x683px
Thank god they're not using this one again.
>>
>>83435460
t.Rian
>>
He's gonna do his best. But it WILL still be derivative trash because that's the sade bet and that's what the mouse wants

I also feel sorry for Johnson since the signs point towards his iminnent crucifixation by the so called fans
>>
What we know:

Big AT-AT fight scene, just like ESB

Poe Dameron is now Captain Dameron and is dressed exactly like Han Solo in ESB

Snoke is cruising around in a massive Star Destoyer, like Vader in ESB

Finn is shown recovering in a medical pod, just like Luke in the Bacta Tank in ESB

REY is trained by an old Jedi living in a tree, just like Yoda and Luke in ESB

Rey is captured by Kylo who escapes with her at the end of the film, similar to Han Solo being captured by Boba Fett in ESB

The AT-ATs are defeated by smaller ships who kick up the red dirt from the ground below them, creating a cloud of dust that allows the smaller ships to defeat the heavily armored vehicles. A gimmick similar in basic concept to the defeat of the AT-ATs in ESB
>>
File: 1484974584613.jpg (49KB, 464x266px) Image search: [Google]
1484974584613.jpg
49KB, 464x266px
>>83436234
>the AT-ATs are easily defeated
I'm a big fan of non-disney star wars but when I think of the design of a walking all terrain tank that can barely keep it's balance and walks slow as fuck, I cringe.
What did Lucas mean by this?
>>
File: IguanodonInfobox.jpg (265KB, 1440x825px) Image search: [Google]
IguanodonInfobox.jpg
265KB, 1440x825px
>>83437056
I read the original essay storyboard. Basically they just needed to do three things 1) look imposing and be tall 2) get wrecked by rebel surface fighters 3) crush a rebel soldier with a mighty (but not to scale) foot. The latter got cut.

As usual the fucking model designer blew everyone away with an iconic biological yet terrifying Imperial machine nightmare model so they became popular.

I can't find the screenshot but there is that fantastic 5 second scene where an ATST shoots down a lane peeler with its cannons. Shit like that, that level of detail, will never happen again in this soulless corporate zombie age
>>
>>83437056
The AT-ATs were really meant to terrify your enemy, and their blatant weakness isn't really that big of a deal since they were mostly used as terror weapons and supporting fire, and Empire fought rebels with lacking weaponry
>>
>>83437169
>>83437284
>can destroy planets
>still needs visual terror as motivation
The original franchise has flaws, but it's still perfect.
>>
>>83437362
They just had the Death Star completed tough. You can bet your ass that they were gonna use it as a tool of terror aswell

>Planet won't surrender
>Show up with the death star
>>
He's taking heat for something that isn't his fault and may not even pan out to be true. People who are concerned about TLJ being a rehash of Empire are actually upset at JJ because they didn't like the direction that TFA went. Rian had nothing to do with that. I also agree with you. We've seen less than 2 min of out of context footage. In my opinion, all this talk about whether or not TLJ is a remake is far too premature. It's just jumping at shadows.
>>
>>83438904
At this point, I just want a decent Boba Fett movie that even Disney can't fuck up.
For me, the timeline ended with the 2nd deathstar blowing up.
>>
>>83435237
>I feel so bad for Rian

fuck you and fuck that guy.Are you fucking kidding me? Anyone who accepts to do a follow up of JJ's TFA better be prepared to answer questions. And not only that but you're doing the second part of a star wars trilogy and you want to avoid ESB parallels? Just how? How do you want to avoid parallels with the best sequel of modern cinema?
Grow a fucking spine already.
>>
>>83435237
>Rian Johnson
https://youtu.be/3J_I3YSrOr4?t=9m35s

Trusting this man.
>>
>>83435237
Episode 7 was insulting. Why should I care about a shitty sequel designed to appeal to the lowest common denominator and a director which will reek in millions?
>>
>>83439910
>a reboot of a children's movie was insulting

you might need to do some soul-searching
>>
>>83439415
The black one from Fant4stic was going to play Bobba but it got cancelled.

Disney says Bobba is an idea, not one person.
>>
>>83439935
That's too easy. The original Star Wars appealed to both the young and the old. Just like Lord of the Rings appeals to both young and old.

I will agree that later on they started to market it more and more to children, so in that sense you're right, but I also agree, and it's why I'm not going to see this turd in the cinema.

Another factor: most of us grew up with Star Wars. That gives a certain connection, and to see it all go down the drain is sad.
>>
>>83439637
>modern

Elderly person detected.
>>
>>83435237
This comment is literally from reddit, specifically the /r/starwarsleaks sub.
>>
>>83440125
How would you know that anon? ........unless
>>
>now i'm a big fan of non-american hegemony as much as the next guy but when I think of the design of a behomoth armored vehicle that can barely fit in two highway lanes I cringe.
>What did Hitler mean by this?
>>
>>83439725
this movie was horrible, and it's funny because I feel like his idea was to make something alike Twin Peaks, it's an investigation about a dead girl whose body is found at the beginning of the film
>>
>>83440066
m8, star wars has been going down the drain since the prequels. The prequels were so fucking bad and damaged the brand that the jewest of jews at Disney figured a soft reboot would be the only way to get fans (old and new) back lm board
>>
It'll be a retread and Rian knows it.

Plus it can't undo the damage to the original heroes that TFA did to them. Leia, Han, and Luke raise and train the new Darth Vader? Leia and the Republic didn't detect a Death Star that was 50 times bigger than the originals? Hero of the Republic Han Solo goes back to smuggling? Luke sulks on a planet by himself for years while the Empire comes back and destroys most of the Republic?

Its sickening and cannot be undone.
>>
>>83440255
Yeah I use it.

My anger isn't that he uses reddit, I'm actually really happy to see another redditor around these parts!

Instead I was just informing OP that I'll be letting the original user know his content was stolen and will be taking this further to the /r/starwarsleaks mods.

However if the OP is the same guy then sorry for the confusion sir!
>>
>>83439637
>ESB
>best sequel in modern cinema
try watching movies for adults at least once in your life
>>
>>83442163
8/10 bait
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.