[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why the fuck was this so forgettable? Not saying I didn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 85
Thread images: 10

File: doctor_strange_ver3.jpg (190KB, 509x755px) Image search: [Google]
doctor_strange_ver3.jpg
190KB, 509x755px
Why the fuck was this so forgettable? Not saying I didn't like it, but no one seems to remember it.
>>
Because it's the same shit that every capeshit movie does. 90% of the movie is nothing happening while 10% has something happening and it's usually only towards the end.
>>
>>83435103
>tied it in with the avengers
>instead of focusing on making a good plot, focused on setting it up for sequels/tie ins to DA CINEMATIC UNIVERSE

Basically it only really had the visuals going for it.
>>
>>83435103
he was literally just tony stark
'mage' battles were just the same melee shit we have in every other marvel movie
>>
Mads was bad in this I think.
>>
The ending was really the only thing that redeemed the movie for me. It wasn't really bad, it just had a pretty generic story
>>83435196
The only thing I remember that tied it in was the Thor teaser after the credits
>>
>>83435260
why the fuck would you hire mads of all people to play a generic throwaway villain?
>>
>>83435103
Because they are trying to introduce as many character for Infinity War so the average joe won't feel confused who the fuck Dr.Strange is.
>>
Just watched this last night. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. Had a lot of talented actors/actresses in it, but they didn't have much to work with.

Great visuals...annnnnd yeah. Fairly forgettable, but that's true for a lot of capeshit.
>>
File: 1496303828790.jpg (208KB, 509x755px) Image search: [Google]
1496303828790.jpg
208KB, 509x755px
>Why the fuck was this so forgettable?
Here's a clue.
>>
Everything was derivative
He is just magic Iron man
The effects were just Inception
The story was basic marvel
>>
>>83435103
I was expecting some kind of cinematic creativity to portray the power of the magic going on, but it was all just shitty CGI aftereffects and lame fistfights.

Legion is basically what I wanted from Doctor Strange.
>>
It's objectively a bad movie with some great LSD inspired visuals.
>>
DORMAMMU

I'M HERE TO BORE YOU
>>
All marvel movies now focus on laying ground for the "big" movie(Avengers 1,2, Infinity Wars 1,2, Captn America Civil War) and follow the same storyline:
Usually asshole main character has life changing event, gets powers/suit/whatever, villain gets introduced, villain gets killed, post credit linkup to big movie.
>>
>>83435260
>>83435294
>tfw we will never get Mads playing Dr Doom
>>
So how does Dormammu keep remembering what happened whenever Doctor Strange resets it?
>>
>>83436923

Don't focus on plotholes for children movies, just turn off your brain and enjoy them. You could say the same about reviving the Ancient One.
>>
Because it was the same plot we've seen a trillion times, the setting wasn't special, the characters weren't special and the effects were overdone.
>>
>>83436959
Yes, yes, yes and yes. Hats off to you, good sir.
>>
Literally just Wizard Iron Man.
>>
>>83435103

Over reliance on pop culture humor, Forgettable villain and no note worthy music.
>>
>>83436870

He should have been Mordo. Complete waste of a talented actor
>>
>>83436980
Lol the asian monk listens to Beyonce *Literally dies of laughter*
"That's the Wi Fi Password" *Everyone literally revives and dies again of laughter*
>>
Marvel gets two Benedicts?
>>
I liked the characters

Just felt the payoff was weak

I'm excited to see him interact with the other marvel characters
>>
>>83436870
He could still be Doom as Doom wears a mask.
>>
>>83437063
He didn't deserve such a short and forgettable role.
>>
>>83435103
the tibet monastery was filled with whites and niggers.

That pissed me off
>>
>>83437082
True. Mads is an actor you use for big, grand characters.
>>
File: redditor.jpg (61KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
redditor.jpg
61KB, 500x400px
>mfw "Adele?"
>>
Better then being memorably shit like bvs.
>>
>>83437183
The "Color" dialogue that was added in reshoots was unnecessary.
>>
>>83435103
well i remember it pandering hard to chinks and still underperformed. so much for being Ironman's successor lol
>>
COVFEFE I'VE COME TO BARGAPFA
>>
>its so forgettable
>thats why we have this thread every day
>>
>>83435294
It's sort of a marvel tradition.
>>
>>83436870

>tfw if Doctor Doom ever ends up in the MCU they'll fuck him up and boil his character down to FASCISM IS BAD and kill him off in one movie
>>
>>83437653

Does Marvel even have any half decent villains left in the rogue gallery after selling off the rights to guys like Magneto and Doom twenty years ago? Is Thanos even worth all this bullshit buildup?
>>
File: A8jI5ui.jpg (463KB, 800x1182px) Image search: [Google]
A8jI5ui.jpg
463KB, 800x1182px
>>83437869
of course he is!
>>
>>83435103
How do you measure rememberability? Because people aren't shitposting about it daily about how it was unfairly judged (it wasn't)? It had fun magic and a memorable ending and Swinston
>>
Doctor Strange was disappointing because they tied him into the Avengers nonsense. Doctor Strange works best when he goes full on supernatural. Marvel has an entire lineup of supernatural characters they could use for darker, horror oriented movies but no, they want everything tied into their capeshit.
>>
I unironically liked Benedict Cumberbatch as Doctor Strange.
>>
>>83437092
Thanks multiculturalism!
>>
>>83438022
Holy shit that's great
>>
>>83436923
He exists outside of time.
>>
>>83438671
Pretty easy bro. Do you remember it vividly hours after watching? Days? Weeks? Months? Years? That's memorability. Unless you have some kind of memory loss condition then this is all irrelevant.

A lot of movies are perfectly fun to watch in the moment but lack any sort of things worth remembering. Then you have films that may not be fun to watch over and over but are super fucking memorable. Doctor Strange just isn't that memorable. It's a fine film but it could have went much much further into the strange elements.
>>
>>83438022
> CHEESE AND CRACKERS!

Did Stan Lee write that?
>>
i liked it and i personally think you are a faggot
>>
>>83437092
>>83438907
Beauty and the Beast has a dance scene in a ball room with a bunch of royals. Half of them are black people.
>>
>>83439041
Well of course! As we all know the French have always permitted blacks into every echelon of their society and got along perfectly. Remember how the French peaceably gave Haiti to African immigrant workers as a gesture of goodwill?
>>
File: happy ending.jpg (67KB, 600x281px) Image search: [Google]
happy ending.jpg
67KB, 600x281px
>>83438930
Thanos gets arresed by the police at the end.
>>
>>83438944
I've literally only seen it once and i do remember it. But if i try to bring it up people rationalize it
>Oh, that's because it was a memeish reddit scene
>Oh, that's because it ripped off Inception
>Oh, that's because you have shit taste and don't watch enough movies
>>
If everyone forgot Doctor Strange does this mean Mads can play Mr Freeze now?
>>
File: 1483088628912.png (318KB, 449x425px) Image search: [Google]
1483088628912.png
318KB, 449x425px
>>83439465
oh shit nigger... i never even thought about this
>>
>>83435103

nah it was fucking rad
>>
>>83439465
Can we ignore all the formalities and just launch a Mads Cinematic Universe?
>>
File: 554ad1ff39c79bd8b7e9922fc795d307.jpg (464KB, 1024x1592px) Image search: [Google]
554ad1ff39c79bd8b7e9922fc795d307.jpg
464KB, 1024x1592px
>>83439465
I thinks mads accent might get in the way of emotional scenes
>>
>>83439621
I reckon an accent would suit Fries tbf. Also Mads has no issue with emotion in the Hunt, Hannibal or Rogue One. If anything his emotional range is often severely underused in the roles he gets cast in.
>>
File: 1444640371932.png (748KB, 528x693px) Image search: [Google]
1444640371932.png
748KB, 528x693px
There is one thing about the film that has stuck with me now for a few weeks, and probably will for a while longer: him waiting outside the door for Tilda to agree to train him.

She tells him he's not ready/worthy, she tells him the path would be too hard, and then he waits outside for six hours before she lets him in and agrees to give him potentially limitless power. That's it. Six fucking hours. I have to wait a week for a doctor's appointment, so I'm showing more dedication and patience right there than someone who has just been shown the universe.

I don't know I got caught up on that so much. I think maybe it's the best example of a scene in which you can hear the producers saying 'Move it along now', because they do not give a shit. Nothing is earned. Just move it along.
>>
>>83438022
>>83439239
This is better than anything I've seen come out of marvel comics in probably two solid decades.
>>
>>83439695
Even Tyler Durden's acolytes had to deal with more bullshit than that. And they just did it to blow shit up and punch each other.
>>
>>83438022
>"cheese and crackers!".
>>
>>83436870
Remember when chris evans played Johnny Storm before he was captain America.
Doom and fantastic 4 are llicensed by fox, so there's not a problem hiring him.
Assuming fox is going to make another fantastic 4 movie, which probably wont happen soon.
>>
>>83437214
What are you talking about? I don't remember this.
>>
They really should have kept this movie in a separate universe to MCU, now that we've established that literal, honest-to-god magic exists and anybody can learn it none of the subsequent plot points in MCU will have any logic

>Why doesn't Captain America just learn magic?
>Does Hydra know that wizard powers exist?
>Why doesn't anybody just Rick and Morty their way into a parallel universe whenever they need to solve a problem?
>>
>>83440890
Thor uses magic.
>>
>>83435103
I actually love Marvel movies but this one was clearly a generic action film that used its characters and plot as backdrops. Doctor Strange deserved better but its not insulting.
>>
>>83435204
Tony and Stephen were created by the same people, the only difference is Stephen is a much bigger asshole and never learns to stop being one.
>>
>>83436923
>So how does Dormammu keep remembering what happened whenever Doctor Strange resets it?

Magic
>>
>>83435103
Because you never heard of the character before this movie, and you never hear of him after.
>>
I still don't understand how Doctor Strange gets killed and then rewinds time.
Did he just set the amulet to "loop" or something?
>>
>>83440890
>>Why doesn't anybody just Rick and Morty their way into a parallel universe whenever they need to solve a problem?
This is actually an incredibly common thing in comics.
>>
>>83440890
Good thing i'm not the only one bothered by this
They didn't really establish the qualification that it takes to get into magic training
And it doesn't seem like it's a secret society or some shit, people can seem to spread word about magic to everyone
Aren't magic supposed to be mainstream in society by then?
>>
>>83442695

>They didn't really establish the qualification that it takes to get into magic training

Sure they did; you gotta wait outside a door for six hours and then you can become a God.
>>
>>83440890
I agree with this. This is also why I want X-men and MCU in different universes. It just makes more sense that way.

>>83435103
It was forgettable because there were literally no consequences to anything. The villains were extremely generic and nothing ever felt like it was in danger.

The effects were well made, but didn't add anything because you couldn't tell who was causing what to happen.

Not a bad movie, just something I'd never watch again.
>>
It's literally no different than the other generic movies disney has popped out. People try to save grace by going "muh visuals" but the only noteworthy visuals was the 2 minute trippy scene strange goes through on the beginning and seeing dorrummu at the the end, the rest was either bland melee combat or trying to rip off inception.
>>
Really tired of the cocky irreverent quipper with a heart of gold archetype. Iron Man, Dr Strange, Spider Man, Ant Man, the two token negroes, Chris Pratt, etc., are all literally the same character
>>
For a movie that's supposedly forgettable you cucks seem to like talking about it months after its release.
>>
>>83435103
I was going to tell you to shut your white mouth for not appreciating greatness, but you are talking about capeshit, so carry on.
>>
All I remember is the part in the movie that I want to see again on acid
>>
File: 1300268230804.jpg (39KB, 268x311px) Image search: [Google]
1300268230804.jpg
39KB, 268x311px
>>83435103
>Why the fuck was this so forgettable? Not saying I didn't like it, but no one seems to remember it.

So..... pretty much like the source material then.
>>
>>83435103
>Not saying I didn't like it, but no one seems to remember it.

There is no need to falseflag anymore, this is /DC/ central
>>
>>83436923
Because he's good like that.
>>
>>83440890
>Captain America using magic

That would be pretty badass. Not the weird spells, just melee magic.
Thread posts: 85
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.