[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a reminder that Sigourney Weaver lost the Oscar for best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

This is a reminder that Sigourney Weaver lost the Oscar for best actress in 1986 to Marlee Matlin in Children of a Lesser God.

That's right Aliens Ripley lost to a romance lead as a deaf student who fucks her teacher.
>>
Trailer for the winner

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0AMKG31wME
>>
thats a classic one: oscars go to literal whos who no one remembers except as trivia.
>>
>>83432805
> Sigourney Weaver lost the Oscar for best actress in 1986 to Marlee Matlin
no, best actress in '86 went to Geraldine Page for her role in The Trip to Bountiful

You're thinking of '87.
https://www.oscars.org/oscars/ceremonies/1987
>>
>>83432842
>Heterosexual white woman protects white child from black, homicidal, parasitical aliens
>Teacher fucks underage handicap kid

Oy vey what to choose!
>>
>>83432805
Marlee is my deaf fu. Woman is smoking hot.
>>
>implying anyone has actually watched Children of a Lesser God
If you haven't watched it you can't have an opinion about it and no one here has so this thread is fucking stupid.
>>
>>83433079
>no, best actress in '86 went to Geraldine Page for her role in The Trip to Bountiful
>You're thinking of '87.
>https://www.oscars.org/oscars/ceremonies/1987

The oscars for 86 were given in 87. they are always given the next year. The oscars that were several months ago was for the movies released in 2016.
>>
File: aliens.jpg (1MB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
aliens.jpg
1MB, 1800x1200px
sucks to lose to oscar bait but desu you don't deserve an oscar for being in an action movie where you're little more than a model for the director to move through his setpieces, her performance was better in the first movie.

but why bother getting mad about oscars? they have been shit since the very first oscars when Sunrise a Song of Two Humans tied with some shitty romantic comedy.

we all pretty much know the oscars are bullshit, they are a party night for the industry elite paid for by dress sponsors and car advertisements, it's never really been about art.
>>
>>83432805
Aliens was the capeshit of its time so I have no problem with this
>>
>>83433399
>Aliens was the capeshit of its time

I highly doubt that all these cape movies will be as respected in 30 years as Alien and Aliens are.
>>
>>83433541
Some will. Iron Man, Raimi's first Spider-Man.

Also,
>>83433399
The capeshit of the 80s was the actual capeshit in the 80s.
>Supergirl
>Howard the Duck
>Superman II, III, IV
>Incredible Hulk Returns, Trial, Death
>Batman
>Toxic Avenger I, II, III
>The Punisher
>etc

Capeshit isn't nearly as new as people like to pretend.
>>
>>83432821
The movie isn't great but it's better than that terrible fucking trailer.
>>
>>83433688
i dont think you can compare toxic avenger to todays big budget cape movies
>>
>>83433688

We've had that many comic book films in the last year alone.
>>
>>83433688
>Some will. My contrarian (but /tv/ approved) picks will.
k e k
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.