[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

2013> >Prometheus sucks u guys 2017> >we love Prometheus

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_3545.jpg (14KB, 196x144px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3545.jpg
14KB, 196x144px
2013>
>Prometheus sucks u guys
2017>
>we love Prometheus now

Some of you make me sick to my stomach
>>
because it redeems itself by being compared to a new installment

same with, say, Jurassic Park 3
>>
Prometheus was so bad I won't even watch Covenant.

That's how this is supposed to work: product is of low or substandard quality. The manufacturer loses my business.
>>
>>83431776
people who saw it when they were 12-14 are old enough to post on 4chan now.
>>
>>83431776
wait wtf hold tf up

I thought this websight was only up since 2016
>>
Hehe I always liked it. Guess that makes me special :3
>>
>>83431822
You won't even pirate it?
>>
>>83432224
I really hated prometheus, so why would I want to watch a prometheus sequel?
>>
>>83431822
Same here. I saw Prometheus in a theater because, while I suspected it would probably suck given the state of modern Hollywood, the previews made it look like there was a chance of it actually being good. It was so bad that I have no desire to see Covenant in the theater, possibly not ever.
>>
>>83431776
I cant wait to see this board start to hate The Leftovers once the show is over.
>>
>>83431776
>/tv/ is one person
>/tv/ consists of the same users as it did five years ago

You're a retard.
>>
>>83431776
I always liked Prometheus...
>>
>>83432333
lol doing damage control before the last episode is even out?
>>
File: alien_brett.jpg (107KB, 1600x827px) Image search: [Google]
alien_brett.jpg
107KB, 1600x827px
>>83431776
No, no, no. You misunderstand. Prometheus was NEVER good. It's just that Covenant is far FAR worse, and so this puts Prometheus in a positive light (relatively speaking) merely because it's not as bad.

Prometheus was a shitty pretentious movie that's terrible in multiple ways. But Covenant is so much worse. The stupidity of Prometheus cranked up to 11, plus the characters all have absolutely ZERO characterization, and it's a frankenstein of a movie that tries to be half of an even worse Prometheus as well as a terribly mediocre Alien 1 knockoff, now with 200% Friday-the-thirteenth-tier slasher bullshit
>>
File: pKOSrKH.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
pKOSrKH.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>83433014
it is objectively impossible for Covenant to be worse than Prometheus. As bad as maybe, but worse? I can't see it.
>>
>>83433086
Have you seen it? It's fucking BAD. It's indescribably bad. When making comparisons to Prometheus, all I can end up saying are positive things about that movie, which makes my blood boil because of how god-awful that one is too. But this one is somehow worse. Much worse.
>>
I liked Prometheus the first time I saw it and never stopped.

I wouldn't say I love it, but it's a good movie. Really, the worst thing I could possibly say about it is that some of the crew members do stupid things. That isn't enough to completely negate everything I like about the movie though.

It's creative and unique. I like David and Shaw as characters. It's difficult to tell where it's going at times, but never once does it feel pointless. The concept of finding these aliens who specialize in engineering life and potentially created humans is interesting and hasn't been done before in this way, let alone in a big budget film.

I'll admit that I never really cared where the Xenomorphs came from or what the Space Jockey was, but I also was not disappointed with Ridley Scott's way of trying to explain it.

In the end, I dont think Prometheus even comes close to deserving the shit it gets from autistic fanboys.

I don't even think Covenant was that bad. The crew members were boring as shit and had no characters, but David's story and the interactions with him and Walter made it all worth it. Covenant didn't really get bad until the last 10 minutes or so when it literally devolved into just a remake of Alien.
>>
>>83433156
>covenant was a good movie because of 2 minutes of flute-playing and dialogue between fassbender and himself

opinion discarded
>>
>>83431776
covenant was better
>>
>>83433139
Why are Alien fans so histrionic and stupid? Prometheus and Convenant are both better than Alien by a long shot. Take your meds speddie.
>>
>>83433272
Is that seriously what you saw when you read "David's story and his interactions with Walter made it worth it."?

This is why I can't take you people seriously. You see somebody write "David's story made it worth it." and your brain translates it into "He played a flute and talked to himself for 2 minutes."

This is the definition of mental gymnastics.
>>
>>83433326
I liked Prometheus and Covenant, but I'm not about to pretend that they're better than Alien.
>>
>>83431776
No one says that. You're lying to try to make a point.

You're like one of those news outlets who takes the tweet of some random stupid black chick with 8 followers who gets offended by something and writes a story "Huge Backlash on Social Media."
>>
>>83433349
Their interactions were a couple bits of dialogue and flute playing. It was a very tiny portion of the movie. To say the movie is worth it for those few scenes alone is stupid.
>>
>>83431822
This guy speaks the truth.

Fuck Ridley. The man has gone senile, people.
>>
File: 1495081047421.png (541KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
1495081047421.png
541KB, 1280x738px
>>83431776
I have always liked it because I've been in love with Noomi since I first saw her.
>>
>>83432247
That's a fucked mentality. Unless you've got a fundamental hate towards the movie genre, you should walk into movies without bias. Judging by you going to see Prometheus in the first place, I doubt you hate sci-fi.

What if there's a sudden major quality shift?
>>
>>83435055
>my vast knowledge of movie production is meaningless, and I should see every movie "without bias" before I judge.

Nah Fuck that.
>>
I liked Prometheus and Covenant.
>>
>>83434630
My nigga
>>
>>83435082
Why? If it's bad you atleast get to use your vast movie production knowledge to understand why it's bad.
>>
>>83435055
>the last time I put my hand in a fire it burned me

>but this fireplace is different so maybe it won't
>>
>>83435134
Jesus Christ either you're a paid shill or a retard doing this for free. I'm not sure what's worse
>>
>>83435139
Entirely irrelevant scenario
>Fire has a 100% rate of actually hurting you by sticking hand in
>Movie sequel might be better than last one
>>
>>83431776
>>we love Prometheus now
only newfags redditors say this
>>
>>83435166
>Hang on let me justify an irrational way of thought by calling you a retard
>>
>>83431822
this
>>
>>83435171
Ridley Scott hasn't made a good movie in more than ten years. All he makes now are shitty prequels /sequels to his 80s hits. That's a pretty convincing evidence he's lost it and is definitely going to produce shit from now until he dies
>>
File: 1397485307234.webm (3MB, 1280x532px) Image search: [Google]
1397485307234.webm
3MB, 1280x532px
FACT

PROMETHEUS WAS GOOD FROM DAY 1

NOW WHO MAD
>>
>>83435214
Lmao those ships are filled with gasoline or something. The antimatter powering their warp engines should vaporize half the planet
>>
>>83435139
This is the best post because it applies universally.

Universal Post Best Post.
>>
>>83435210
That's justifiable desu, but I also think it's worth it even though they may suck

Everyone thought Shyamalan's Split was going to be bad
>>
>>83431776
How the fuck did so many people pay to see covenant when it was obvious how shit it was going to be?
Ther has been so many discussion threads it boggles the mind that people here are that stupid. there are a fuck ton of capeshit faggots here too i guess it makes a little sense
>>
>>83435312
He's still in the penalty box over the village, let alone all his other shit, in my books.

Split would have to be one of the best movies of all time to convince me otherwise
>>
>>83432695
Some of us are still here but youre right we have been flooded by the worst of most boards since then and all the reditards
>>
>>83435055
you sound like you were dropped alot as an infant
>>
>>83435725
All I'm saying is that if you are buying tickets to, or even torrenting a movie that it's a waste to have the mentality that it's definitely going to be bad
>>
I've only seen Prometheus out of all the alien movies, what's the best one? Or should I just turn back and leave this thread
>>
>>83435994
maybe he just doesnt like the genre
>>
>>83431776

I've always defended prometheus to some degree
>>
>>83431776
Nobody loves Prometheus, it's just hard to fathom how Scott could have made an even worse film.
>>
>>83436012
This website is 18+
>>
>>83431776
I liked when it came out, and I still like it.

Suck my dick
>>
>>83431776
Its almost like /tv/ as a collective only hates things to be contrarian.

Color me surprised.
>>
>>83435616
>capeshit faggots
>Handwave meme argument

Its like your from reddit. You should go back.
>>
>>83431822
watched prometeheus felt like it was almost a flatline.
Now watched coveneant and it is better.
It's like force awakens is covenant and rogue one is prometheus. Except not that drastic.
Both would be drastically improved if they just were like alien.
Alien was space travel as a boring mcjob. People being people and talking naturally.
prometheus and covenant are le ebin huge steak mission we all must say shakesperian prose with every sentance and masterfully time all our responses.

Original ayy was dank.
the white ayy in covenant was eerie as fuck tho which is nice.
>>
>>83436012
turn back now and go to clubpenguin or wherever else 12 year olds are welcome.
>>
>>83431776
I always liked Prometheus. Watched it again this year and thought it was less good than my initial impression but the things I liked the first time I continued liking

Haven't seen Covenant yet but from what I've heard it might disappoint me. I wanted a Prometheus sequel and it looks like that won't be happening, I was fucking hyped when it was gonna be called Paradise Lost
>>
File: 1495274309678.jpg (98KB, 719x538px) Image search: [Google]
1495274309678.jpg
98KB, 719x538px
>>83435055
Fuck OFF faggot
>dude just take it on its own merits :^))))
I would if it wasn't called fucking ALIEN
IF THEY CALLED IT L I T E R A L L Y ANYTHING ELSE
AND REMOVED THE FUCKING ALIEN REFERENCES
I WOULD LOOK AT IT IMPARTIALLY
BUT THEY CALLED IT ALIE
AND PUT ALEIN SHIT IN IT
SO I HAVE TO LOOK AT TI THROUGH THE LENS OF "IS THSI A GOOD ALIEN FILM" AND IT FUCKING SINT BY ANY METRIC
FUC KYASODFUASGUIDASDDGSIFAHSIDFI
YOU STUPID NIGGERS CANT UNDERSTAND HOW BRANDING WORKS AAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>83431776
Wow it's like when a shittier sequel comes out, people appreciate the less shitty movie before it. This happens literally every time
>>
>>83431858
/thread

No matter how bad the movie, someone will see it when they're young and stupid and think its the best shit possible. Then 3-5 years later they'll start praising it on 4chan.
>>
>>83435055
>yes goy, check your pattern recognition privilege and go buy my new movie!
>just because the rest of the franchise was trash doesn't mean that you won't love more of the same shit I've put out!
>>
>>83439508
I don't expect much from 4chan, but reading through your post was still relatively painful.
At least you could try to spell things right to hide the fact that you haven't graduated high-school yet.
>>
>>83435171
How do you know the fire will burn you though? This is a new fire and you should approach it without bias
>>
>>83435210
Take off your nostalgia glasses too. The original Alien is fucking stupid too. One of my friends recently watched it for the first time and you know what he said?
"It sucks. The acting is so bad. Why are they bringing in a guy with an Alien attached to his face instead of throwing him away and just running away?"
And you know what, he has a point. The original Alien has some fucking stupid character decisions, AND IT'S STILL ONE OF THE GREATEST MOVIES EVER.
Prometheus had some spectacularly cringy moments but it's still a decent movie.
Alien Covenant is Ridley Scott actually going back and making a good Alien movie again. In fact, it's easily the best Alien movie since the original. Of course, many people in this day and age hate it. When you've been force-fed high doses of capeshit for the last 10 years, your ability to appreciate art drops dramatically.
>>
Prometheus only sucks because it tries to be a Alien Prequel. The Movie on its own is great
>>
File: 1457032047629.png (71KB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
1457032047629.png
71KB, 251x251px
>>83431776
you triple nigger
I always liked Prometheus
fucking fuck you
>>
>>83432695
>five years ago

Jesus Christ
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.