[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does /tv/ miss video rentals? Remember back in the good ol'

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 4-1.jpg (305KB, 640x816px) Image search: [Google]
4-1.jpg
305KB, 640x816px
Does /tv/ miss video rentals?

Remember back in the good ol' days, getting a tape and watching the old trailers before the actual film?

Hell, it's getting to the point where DVD menus and special features seem like a past life. There's nothing like those on Netflix.
>>
>>83416452
I miss it a lot, anon. It was comfy. Digital downloads are less personal, and souless
>>
Yes, I do. My dad owned a convenience store in New England for 40 years and he made thousands of dollars a week from movie rentals in the 80s. It became less profitable in the 2000s and he removed the movie section from his store completely by 2010. Then he had to sell his business and we lost our house (which was worth about 800k-1m). Now I live in a shithole in the South.

Sorry for the blog post. I just want to kill myself sometimes.
>>
My entire life went to fucking shit when the local video store closed in 2006
>>
>renting the same movies over and over.
>>
>That smell
>>
>>83416452
My local DVD store had a 7 movies 7 days 7 euros deal. It didn't include new movies (basically less than 6 months) but it was still a great fucking deal.

Every week I'd go in, return last weeks movies, pick 7 more, hold them for a week and watch maybe 4-5, repeat. I gladly paid 7 euros for this even though at this point I already had fast DSL internet. They had a pretty decent catalogue so I ended up watching a lot of movies I would have never heard of. Browsing physical boxes is just so much better than trying to google movies from the past 40 years that might interest me.
>>
>>83416889
Got any stories?
>>
>>83417263
Browsing physical boxes is a far different experience from Netflix.

And then when you're finished with the movie, you get to watch the making ofs and deleted scenes.
>>
>>83417475
not to mention netflix's collection is fucking shit compared to any semi-large dvd rental place

1 euro a day to always have new hand picked movies available at my convenience was a great deal, even if they were DVD quality I didn't know better at the time.
>>
>>83416452
>Hell, it's getting to the point where DVD menus and special features seem like a past life
not exaggerating I haven't watched a DVD or other physical media in over a decade. long past "getting to the point".
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.