[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's say someone wanted to try starting a YouTube channel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: maxresdefault.jpg (35KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
35KB, 1280x720px
Let's say someone wanted to try starting a YouTube channel to do some funny, tongue in cheek reviews but didn't want to be a total autismo about it.. how would they go about uit?
What should I.. I mean; what should they do? What should they avoid doing?
>>
>>83416289
avoid using obnoxious thumbnails
>>
>>83416289
Be analytical; make "video essays" instead of "reviews", but infuse them with wit and charm.
>>
Be candid, don't try and set up a forced persona for yourself, and hope you have a natural bit of charisma.

Shoot, you don't even have to appear on camera. A lot of the best don't.
>>
>>83416289
keep your crippling diabetes medicine locked up
>>
>>83416520
The most important thing though I think is that you just have something interesting to say. It doesn't even have to be funny, but if you show a clear interest in a subject, positive or negative, you'll grab people's attention to at least some degree.

I have watched videos of things I had previously no experience in, just because the person speaking knew what they were talking about, and conveyed information in an insightful, and entertaining way.
>>
>>83416428
Good call, I hate that shit

>>83416504
Let's hope I have some

>>83416520
I'm not planning on a persona, I think there's enough guys screaming and shooting guns at movies
>>
DO NOT APPEAR ON CAMERA

That way no matter how autistic or embarrassing you are it can just be dfenied away. Once your face is attached you will forever be associated with it.
>>
>>83416289

Don't do it fag

The market is 100% saturated
Do you know how many literal MILLIONS of people are trying to do what you're suggesting?
You think "Damn, I only know a couple dozen YouTube personalities, there's surely room for one more".
But that's ignoring the 99.999% who tried and failed to get more than 10 views
>>
Stop being a loser and get a real job.
>>
>>83416949
I'm just doing it for myself, it looks fun. I'm not expecting to become e-famous or make money from it.

>>83416994
Never, and I have 2.
>>
>>83416949
This guy posted his video on /tv/ asking what they thought when it had less than a thousand views and I told him the exact same thing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDMQ3tXNKgM

Youre just being an asshole.
>>
You can't do it, it's impossible. Unless you're endless jess
>>
>>83416289
In terms of quality, try to get someone to peer review your work before you send it out and be willing to listen to critique, but don't be a doormat for every retard that comes along.
Don't get drawn into drama if someone tries shitstirring. Even if you legit fucked up, most of the time drama whores go away if the subject doesn't bite.

If you want to try making it, the main ways to make it big on YouTube are
1) Good thumbnails
2) A decent schedule (Preferably consistent, but constant if you can't manage that)
3) Learn which tags get your video on the most recommended lists, and which ones kill it
4) Decent inflections. Unless you've got a Spax tier autism voice, most people will be willing to hear you out so long as you don't have irritating inflections.
5) Whatever name you go by, make it something that can easily be referred to.
>>
>>83416289
Still here OP? I'm making similar kind of videos, what's your youtube thing let's talk
>>
First, be funny and actually have something insightful to say, this is the hard part for many people. Second, don't stick stupid low budget skits in the middle of your reviews like 99% of the shits at TGWTG. Third, if you're genuinely ugly, and be honest with yourself, don't show yourself on camera, and if you have an annoying voice or think unpleasing accent, don't even bother.
Honestly you probably shouldn't anyway, since it takes a lot of time to build up a rep when you could be doing something else that makes you more money.
>>
- No sketches
- No "funny voices", don't play any characters, just say what you thought of it
- Good microphone, learn how to speak properly
- For the love of god, don't overanalyze whatever you're reviewing (pretty much any retard that tries to talk about MGS2, for example).
>>
>>83419888
I'm just going to be talking about films with certain themes and connections I guess.

Thanks for all the advice guys, it's really helping
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.