[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best Batman animated flick? Watched this on the television

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 8

What is the best Batman animated flick? Watched this on the television this morning and was pleasantly surprised.
>>
File: mask.jpg (28KB, 298x448px) Image search: [Google]
mask.jpg
28KB, 298x448px
>>83408705
>>
Mask of the Phantasm is a must watch, animation's a bit dated but a better story than most of the live action movies.

also Under the Red Hood.
>>
>>83408705
They're all pretty good.
>>
/co/ ========>
>>
>>83408755

The newer ones are rarely even watchable. The animation quality is borderline horrid.
>>
>>83408755
O RLY ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNrVCbmjhe4
>>
>>83408746
>>83408745

Thanks I'll just watch this.
>>
File: Damien (1).jpg (516KB, 1249x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Damien (1).jpg
516KB, 1249x1920px
Under the Red Hood is fantastic.

Teen Titans: The Judas Contract, unless you feel like watching the Teen Titans tv series which covers the same story with more likable characters.

Justice League Dark was alright.

Most of the Justice League ones are pretty solid actually, especially pre-Flashpoint.

Speaking of which, The Flashpoint Paradox is fucking GOAT. I'd recommend saving it though, it requires a lot of DC knowledge going into it because it was effectively a huge fanservice movie that could be seen as the "final" DC movie.

Also considering watching the Batman/Justice League animated series, Teen Titans, and Young Justice.

>>83408796
Killing Joke was not nearly as bad as everyone says. The extra Batgirl scenes were horribly written, but otherwise it was a pretty straightforward adaptation of a great comic. Underwhelming at worst.
>>
>>83408705
Return of the Joker, Under The Red Hood, and Mask of Phantasm are the big three.

Red Hood gets kudos for taking a garbage story and somehow making a good movie out of it.
>>
>>83408904
literally every DC animated movie after flashpoint sans gods and monsters is complete trash
>>
>>83408796
DC animations are actually quite nice
>>
What's /tv/'s opinion on pic related?
>>
>>83409029

They just couldn't resist fucking with the Superman fight.

Peter weller voicing Batman was great though.
>>
>>83408705
Watch the series. BB episodes Bloodsport and Dead Man's Hand are really good. Then there's Meltdown and The Winning Edge.
>>
>>83408705
Batman v. Owlman in Justice League: Crisis on Two Earths was pretty cool.
>>
>>83408904
>Killing Joke was not nearly as bad as everyone says
It was worse. I finally understood how Alan Moore feels about his stories being brought to the screen. I was literally fuming for the most part.
>>
>>83409150
What did they do with the fight?
>>
>>83409313

well for one thing there's no Batman leaping around like spider-man swinging around a wrecking ball in the comic, guess they felt they had to spice it up a bit, it was honestly better when Batman looked like he had no chance.
>>
>>83408745
FPBP

best batman movie in general really not just animated
>>
>>83409029
Great adaptation. As good as it could've been made.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (98KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
98KB, 1440x1080px
>>83409150
Would've preferred Michael Ironside like they did in that adaptation from TAS, but Weller was good too.
They're probably saving him for Darkseid in the future.
>>
>>83408938
>Under the Red Hood

I'm glad to see that that one's getting attention. It's such a great movie. It does a good job briefly explaining things that casual viewers wouldn't know (who's Nightwing, who's Black Mask), but still having a fantastic story.
>>
File: darkseid_couch.jpg (42KB, 460x378px) Image search: [Google]
darkseid_couch.jpg
42KB, 460x378px
>>83409468
>They're probably saving him for Darkseid in the future.
Doubt it. They haven't used him in a while
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtULJI8MKdU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ez4UdhAXwPQ
>>
>>83408705
Gotham Knight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVYsNRjXKCg
>>
>>83409487
Under the Red Hood has always been a fan favorite.

In fact it's pretty much the sole reason that people still love Jason Todd, even though all his comics are dogshit.

>t. someone who bough a bunch of Red Hood comics only to realize they're all dogshit and I only like the character because of that one movie, and a few select rare comic appearances
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0pI8TT9AZ0
ready for this sack of shit, that Quinn voice
>>
>>83409971
Even though he never should have been revived in the first place.
>>
File: 1403295027216.jpg (61KB, 508x552px) Image search: [Google]
1403295027216.jpg
61KB, 508x552px
Was expecting like 5 replies. Had no idea these were this popular. Gonna check out Red Hood then too. Thanks brehs.
>>
>>83408745
yeah ive read and heard that this is the best batman/animated super hero movie made to date.
>>
>>83408705
>watching batman cartoons in the mornings
It isn't the 90s anymore, faggot. Get a job.
>>
>>83409971

Current outlaws book is decent, also I like his outfit, vigilante casual
>>
>>83410127
It's just a good movie, period. I'm very surprised they haven't butchered it by adapting it to the big screen.
>>
>>83409029
I loved it, the social and political messages are fantastic.
>>
>>83408705
Return of the Joker, Mask of the Phantasm, and Under the Red Hood are the best of the bunch.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.