[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Another black-show bites the dust. https://twitter.com/john

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: Underground.jpg (80KB, 728x400px) Image search: [Google]
Underground.jpg
80KB, 728x400px
Another black-show bites the dust.

https://twitter.com/johnlegend/status/869685513652813824

Underground got cancelled after only 2 seasons.
>>
File: 1474731631759.gif (2MB, 216x250px) Image search: [Google]
1474731631759.gif
2MB, 216x250px
nobody give an fuck
>>
Never even heard of this
>>
Stop forcing them then
>>
Was this the slave uprising show that was on a very small channel?
>>
>>83402533
Never heard of it.
>>
>>83402533
Did we really need another show about slave uprising? I feel like African Americans could have more success in focusing more on the rich culinary and jazz stories instead of another slave story.
>>
>>83405925
Why don't African Americans focus on other areas of their history, like cooking and uh... jazz! and - uhh - help me out here somebody...
>>
>Black
There's about 39% European admixture in that picture
>>
>>83405967

Basketball
>>
>>83403898
>>83405896

me either...the tragedy is that it could be a great show since its about a period in time that rarely gets explored besides "fuck white people"...imagine if they did a ton of research, made the cast about some white folk also, and explored the inner machinations of the slave trade (a lot of it was less abut racism and simple economics, for example)...boardwalk empire meets roots maybe?
>>
>>83402533
It wasn't the NBA, a rap video, or Tyler Perry dressed as Momma Jigaboo, so blacks didn't watch it.
>>
File: 1495518923549.gif (866KB, 352x224px) Image search: [Google]
1495518923549.gif
866KB, 352x224px
>>83402533
AYY, WTF

I don't even watch tv anymore because of stupid bullshit like this. Next movies if they keep putting niggers in everything
>>
>>83406176
No.
>>
>>83406176
Yes, an "unrated" Amazon/HBO etc. Antebellum/Civil War show would be quite good I think. Would be more interesting to see a good depiction of life back then, including the different strata of society in the nation--rich industrialists in the north and a relative handful of wealthy land owners selling massive amounts of cotton.

Hell you'd be able to have half a season alone about English involvement in feeling the South out about secession/buying that cotton.
>>
>>83407281
exactly...you point out the different social classes like most whites being non-slave owning poor, you bring up foreign influence

also surprising facts about day to day life (slaves often dined on lobster since it was considered poor mans food), for drama have a strong family message since it was important to them (think how family could be broken so easily then through commerce vs how disposable blacks see their families today)

dude we should make this shit
>>
>>83405967
Mali empire/Songhai empire. Ethiopian/aksum/nubian empire That one black slave who travelled through Asia to Japan and was made an honorary samurai by Oda Nodobunga.

But none of those will be made in favor of casting blacks as Egyptians because it's unfamiliar to Americans.
>>
>>83407714
theyre actually making a movie about yasuke...its supposed to be written by the guy who created highlander
>>
>>83407714
>That one black slave who travelled through Asia to Japan and was made an honorary samurai by Oda Nodobunga.
he didn't travel through asia nigger, he wad brought to japland as a slave and given to oda as a gift. he also wasn't treated as a samurai. he got captured and sent back to the portuguese and spent the rest of his life as a slave
>>
Niggers really love Harriet Tubman because she was such an accomplished thief
>>
>>83407859

Shhh, don't tell the truth.
>>
>>83406176
>a lot of it was less abut racism and simple economics
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

FUCK WHITE PEOPLE
>>
>>83402533

>show made specifically for 13% of the us population

>its a given that only a small portion of that 13% will want to watch it anyway

>also a given that only a portion of that small portion of that 13% will even hear about it

>also a given that only a portion of that portion of that small portion of that 13% will like it enough to continue watching it

Also over saturation. Black people may say they want all these movies about their past, but they really just want like one a year. Otherwise, they just want to watch shit like marvel movies
>>
>>83406176
>>83407281

you might like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWJpwc21Ft4
>>
>>83402533
just
>>
>>83408486
>offers an alternate reading of the confederates as revolutionaries

my first thought is anger at how much influence the left has on culture...2002 may as well be 2002 years ago...no way is something like this even up for discussion today

will watch
>>
The show was cancelled because WGN America is changing their forget and is getting rid of all original content for cheaper stuff
>>
>>83408681
If you know your stuff, the only real difference between the separatists of the revolutionary war, and the separatists of the civil war, is that the former won, and the latter lost.

And I'm a Yankee. Not saying I wish the south had won, I'm glad they didn't, for the preservation of the union. USA wouldn't be the powerhouse it is if it was split up. Just saying I don't see how what they tried to do was worse than what the colonists tried to do. The winners write history.
>>
File: 1411623494702.png (13KB, 528x424px) Image search: [Google]
1411623494702.png
13KB, 528x424px
also sense 8 maybe gets cancelled too
>>
>>83408260
>i totally know what black people want to see on tv and in movies
>>
>>83409127
spot on...when the left calls the confederate flag the flag of traitors, that by definition makes the stars/stripes also the flag of traitors...and i only know slightly more than the average person, but i know that these issues are more complex than 'i hate x people'...same as issues today

the video posted is very interesting
>>
File: wgn.png (18KB, 543x203px) Image search: [Google]
wgn.png
18KB, 543x203px
>>83409005
Yeah, they're going out of business

Outsiders was pretty enjoyable as a Justified/Sons of Anarchy type show and Salem was 10/10 whenever they could get Lucy Lawless on to chew the scenery into a fine powder while drinking blood and molesting children
>>
File: voxplain.png (773KB, 1108x926px) Image search: [Google]
voxplain.png
773KB, 1108x926px
>>83410042
>>83409127
Don't worry.

Like every cartoonishly over the top caricature, it will become mainstream ideological reality soon.
>>
File: Dylan Matthews.jpg (30KB, 367x330px) Image search: [Google]
Dylan Matthews.jpg
30KB, 367x330px
>>83410260
The author of that piece
>>
>>83409005
>>83410200
Makes sense, can't really afford to go vs. the Netflix and amazons of the world.

Heck, even FX is reevaluating what they do.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.