[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: show-stealing performances https://www.youtube.com/wat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: ramirez.jpg (33KB, 715x429px) Image search: [Google]
ramirez.jpg
33KB, 715x429px
ITT: show-stealing performances

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBSePg2HBQk

>relatively minor character
>turns every scene he's in in pure kino that's multiple tiers above the rest of the movie's quality
>>
This movie is one of my favorite films. Queen soundtrack and endless rewatchability
>>
>>83396962
IM NOT SPANISH, I'M EGYPTIAN.
>>
>>83396962
>>83397005
Highlander is an awful movie. So bad that it feels genuinely unfinished in parts.
>>
>>83397078

It has many high (no pun intended) points but also many weaknesses due to shoddy execution. It's half a miracle they got Sean Connery attached to the project, it was not a hugely budgeted film

Still, the sequels make it look like the best movie ever made
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVlf7OiiTJE
>>
>>83396962
After the success of this movie I thought Christopher Lambert was set to have a great career.
>>
>>83396962
HERE WE ARE BORN TO BE KINGS
>>
>>83396962
>multiple tiers above the rest of the movie's quality
I beg to differ
>>
>>83397148

His performance was honestly mediocre or even bad. His bizarre accent kind of worked due to the nature of the character (from "lots of different places"), but how can you have a great career with english that broken (unless you're Arnold or otherwise possess some sort of rare, extremely attractive quality)
>>
>>83397206

The Kurgan was lame and all his fights had bad choreography because the actor's like a 7ft tall lanky weirdo
>>
>>83397237
He's 6'3, he only looks 7ft to manlets
>>
>>83397206

He had some fun stuff to him (such as listening to heavy metal) but was otherwise a AHGAHAHGA I'M EVIL Power Rangers villain

You'll cringe on a rewatch when he's being all edgy and messing with the nuns on the church

>>83397277

I'm using the movie mythos. One of the characters describes him as being 7', though it's obvious he's not quite that tall
>>
>>83397213
Everything was/is dubbed in my country so I didn't think about that back then.
>>
>>83396962
fuck yeah i loved highlander
>>
>>83396962
You see him in movies like this where he's clearly having a good time and being a real professional, playing his parts well and getting every line and emotion just right, then you read about how he hated making movies for the last 25 years of his career and was a pain in the ass to work with, and it makes you wonder how he did it. He's just that good of an actor.
>>
File: kino.jpg (70KB, 833x1000px) Image search: [Google]
kino.jpg
70KB, 833x1000px
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.