[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is Daria such a cunt to Jane whenever she tries something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 218
Thread images: 25

File: 1566544658468565.jpg (470KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1566544658468565.jpg
470KB, 1600x1200px
Why is Daria such a cunt to Jane whenever she tries something that's positive to her life like hobbies such as track & field or trying out relationships?

Is it because she's such a blackpilled cunt she wants to drag everyone down with her?
>>
>>83394894
daria was great
>>
>>83394894
Because daria is a horrible person. The moral of the story is be like quinn. Quinn is objectively the best person in the cartoon.
>>
>>83394996
This
>>
>>83394996
I want to argue with this. But I can't.
>>
>>83394996
Exactly. People that don't understand Quinn after watching just don't get it.
>>
the show was trying to say the only reason you despise reality as it currently exists is because you don't fit into it and you don't fit into it because you despise reality as it currently exists.

When in reality, reality is utterly detestable, and the only people who think otherwise are people who've allowed themselves to be seduced by it's promises of short term comfort at the cost of long-term accomplishment.
>>
>>83394894
My big beef with this show when it came out is that it wasn't subtle. They wanted Daria to be sarcastic and dour, but the show so completely lacked in subtlety that it just made her seem needlessly morose and unlikable. Americans just can't do subtlety. This show represents the apex of this.
>>
>>83395281
at least it predicted the future where the black characters are automatically assuming everyones racist.
>>
>>83395522
That stuff was really starting up among the hippies in the 90's. They were mostly made fun of, but then somewhere along the way someone decided to take them seriously, which was a big wtf. Now they're inescapable.
>>
>>83395522
it predicted nothing, that goes back to the 80s and political correctness (read: social justice) goes back to the 70s.
>>
>>83394894
Yyeah but you can tell she's kinky
>>
>>83394894
They both were, that was just how to be cool in the 90s, youre either a dropout maverick paving your own path, or selling-out to the system. But you already know this. Sup 90s boy
>>
>>83394996
Pretty much.

I remember becoming really disappointed at Daria when she took Jane's BF from her. But then again Tom was a cunt.

In the end they both left tom and went to have a talk show or some shit.
>>
>>83394894
Is this canon?

https://youtu.be/g-nm9OU8vhA?t=2m47s
>>
>>83395750
sup dude, still stickin' it to the man?
>>
>>83395811
Eryday bro. Being the man is the way to go
>>
>>83394894
Yes
>>
>>83394894
Misery loves company.
>>
I miss being a kid on the 90's
But sadly many of those kids have become insufferable cunts.
>>
Kids of the 00s run the show now and misery and bitching is at all time high. Coincidence?
>>
>>83394894
She is a realistic self-absorved teenager who thinks she knows about life because she reads a lot.
Experience make people grow out of that eventualy
>>
Fuck how rich is everyone in this show? They're homes are enormous.
>>
reminder beaver and boothead are the most realistic teenagers and you cant handle the truth.
>>
Only have disdain for the vapid, low-esteem kids who let an MTV coloring book teen soap influence their emerging personalities that it still gets brought up decades later. Aeon Flux was the only influential show that came out of that bloc. I don't even know which of the big media corps own mtv now, it probably bankrupted itself three times during the time I was moving on from adolescence and got busy living the rest of my life.
>>
Because Daria is a Misery Chick that can't be happy unless everyone else is miserable.
>>
File: wanna.jpg (36KB, 542x616px) Image search: [Google]
wanna.jpg
36KB, 542x616px
I wonder if Jane likes assplay
>>
>>83397838
Pretty sure she wouldn't be against trying it at least
>>
>>83394996
Nah, she's just a self absorbed teen, as another anon noted. Nothing horrible with that if you grow the fuck up eventually. Quinn pretended that they are not related and was pretty bitchy towards Daria too.

>>83395281
It's a show for kids/teens. American ones. American kids who needed a HP book title changed.

>>83395788
Daria did nuffin wrong. It was all Toms fault. Besides Jane acted way more bitchy towards Daria afterwards.
>>
>>83394894
LA LA LAAAA LA LA...
>>
>>83394996

The best character was the angry teacher who looked like Steve Buscemi.
>>
>>83399326
THIS IS MY STOP, GOT TO GET OFF
>>
>>83394894
Well Tom sucked ass so daria was doing right in trying to keep Jane from him. But then she ducked up massively when she chased tom later. It was out of character and it's the worst part of the show.

The other times she tried to stop Jane from being productive was due to Daria being a whore.
>>
>>83395281
>muh subtlety
What's with you retards thinking that subtley is automatically good and bluntness is bad?
>>
>>83399795
>It was out of character
Do you even teens and hormones?
>>
Was Daria supposed to be hot?
>>
>>83400524
I think so. She was quite popular after the makeover and her sister is considered hot, so unless genetics buttfucked her, there is no reason to assume she isn't similarly hot.

Plus Tom was clearly a guy who could get any chick but went with her.
>>
>>83400632
>>Plus Tom was clearly a guy who could get any chick
not hot chicks
>>
Trent was the coolest character by a country mile.
>>
I watched Daria in my teens and while I had no friends, so I figured I'd join a youth club or something to try and make some cynical friends, it raised my expectations for pseudo-intellectual companions essentially.

by the time I decided I was ready to actually go through with it, I found I was nearly 20, out of a job and had had no social contact in years.
>>
>>83394894
it's a bad show. written by people you wouldn't like if you met in person.
>>
Is season five worth watching? I've never seen an episode past Fire and I've always wondered if the Daria relationship arc was ever tolerable (I just hate Tom so much as a character).
>>
>>83395176
completely incoherent
>people who've allowed themselves to be seduced by it's promises of short term comfort at the cost of long-term accomplishment.
so only people who are short term thinkers with no long term achievements don't despise reality... stupid because people who don't despise reality would be more willing to sacrifice for long term achievment.
>>
File: 1496222292305.jpg (9KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1496222292305.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
>>83395594
>hippies started in the 90's
>social justice started in the 90's
>>
>>83400787
>liking people in person
No, thanks.
>>
>>83400828
I rewatched the entire restored series (I can try and upload a mega if anyone wants it, it has all the old audio tracks replugged in, with box set quality for the rest of the scenes), and I think I saw most of season 5 for the first time. I must say, the final episode is actually one of the best. Worth going through the romantic shit imo
>>
>>83399841
>Literally asking people to spell it out to you once again

When will burgers ever learn
>>
>>83394894

Insecurity that having new interests would lead her away from friendship with her as she knows being her friend doesn't have a lot of redeeming factors other than being miserable together.
>>
>>83394894
misery loves company.

As a kid I identified more with Daria, now as an adult I see she was kind of a negative cunt that I probably wouldn't want to hang out with.

Still a great show, too bad MTV is unwatchable now.
>>
>>83400899
That'd be awesome anon.
>>
>>83400868
*tips fedora*
>>
The irony is that by hanging out with the most popular kids in school all the time , cheerleaders, the quarterback, the fashion club etc she's automatically popular herself which makes her disdain for popular people very hypocritical.
>>
>>83401132
damn, stupid thing's giving me less than 1MB a second and the seasons all together total at 16GB or so

don't hold your breath. I got 'em by patrolling the megalinks sub reddit like a year ago, even if all the links are dead I'm sure somebody there will dig up a new one for you.
>>
>>83394894
where does it say daria is supposed to be perfect? yeh, she has faults, and? jane was darias only friend and when she saw jane branching out she felt like their friendship was threatened and she lashed out.
>>
>>83401488
i like that daria has faults, but theres enough to make her unlikable, being that much of a cunt to jane when she was threatened with being actually alone was one of them.

Jane dindu nuffin.
>>
>>83401614
im not saying darias behaviour is justified, im just explaining why it happened. i agree completely daria was wrong.
>>
>>83400982

Basically this, Jane is the cooler and more likeable of the two and Daria knows it.
>>
>>83394973
the show as a whole yes but daria as a character was a bit of a cunt sometimes
>>
>>83394894
You'd be that way too if you had to go through life with the last name "Morgandorfer"!

>>83399495
EXCUSE ME! EXCUSE ME!
>>
Daria was one twisted Cruller wasn't she?
>>
File: CERA.jpg (547KB, 1331x862px) Image search: [Google]
CERA.jpg
547KB, 1331x862px
>>83395176

>When in reality, reality is utterly detestable, and the only people who think otherwise are people who've allowed themselves to be seduced by it's promises of short term comfort at the cost of long-term accomplishment.

Maybe your reality is. Perception is a powerful thing.
>>
were Daria and Quinn lesbians?
>>
>>83402486
nah I don't think she's into incest
>>
File: stacy-in-ep-503[1].jpg (14KB, 350x238px) Image search: [Google]
stacy-in-ep-503[1].jpg
14KB, 350x238px
Best girl coming through
>>
File: stacy is best.jpg (232KB, 1040x384px) Image search: [Google]
stacy is best.jpg
232KB, 1040x384px
>>
>>83402880
true
>>
>>83402880
easily
>>
>>83399841
he said subtlety 3 times, it doesn't have it and it's his big beef
>>
>>83402880
She's also the true president of the fashion club.
>>
>>83401283
there's about 6 or 7 kids at the school
>>
>>83396115
that was the point, they were not rich though, the joke is that they're upper middle class, bored with bored children

This shit is before 9/11, at the time it was believed the next generation would not have to struggle to get a good job and the economy would never crash again
>>
>>83402904
the Asian girl always sounded like she just took a fistful of xanax
>>
>>83400833
everything is short term, dog. You're going to die. Western society is set up to keep you chasing short-term comfort to your grave, no matter what your goals are. Also to encourage you to have kids who will also have no choice but to do the same shit you did.

The long term would be making the world a better place for everyone, rather than ensuring the rich stay rich and you and your ilk stay slaves.
>>
>>83395176
Are you having a stroke?
>>
>>83396174
The movie was better than Daria.
>>
>>83394894
Daria is a pessimistic Jew. She critiques everything and has that dark vibe too her, just like Jewish culture.
>>
Daria was unlikeable person. Everyone was likeable toward Daria, even Kevin & Britney who were the most popular kids.
>>
I always hated Daria with a passion.

Daria was proto-tumblr.

Jane was bro tier and Quinn was nice girl underneath try hard shit.
>>
>>83404079
Yeah it's what made me hate her, I'd kill to have a childhood surrounded by people like that.
>>
She hates Jane trying to fit in because she hates herself deep down for not being able to fit in.

The show went over this multiple times.
>>
File: 1322552129702.png (11KB, 443x376px) Image search: [Google]
1322552129702.png
11KB, 443x376px
>>83394894
>>83394996
Daria was essentially miserable cunt that posts on 4chan: the series.
All her problems were ultimately the product of her own limitations and she was a shitty person all along.

Just take Daria and turn her into a fat virgin neo-nazi and you have the modern 4chan poster.
>>
File: jakenewspaper.jpg (26KB, 250x300px) Image search: [Google]
jakenewspaper.jpg
26KB, 250x300px
>Daddy / Mommy issues
>Prone to anger
>Pussywhipped by his wife

Is Jake /ourguy/?
>>
>>83404147
>tfw no depressed cynical worthless gf
>>
Daria was a cunt because she had al the means to turn i to a decent person without casting away her cynical side.

She was decently popular, a lot of friendly people around her and she wasn't ugly.

But Daria was enjoying her self pity and high horse mentality, she kinda acted like all those beta males nowadays "dear god I am so smart then those sheep".
>>
>>83394894
Jane was Daria's only real friend and she always was afraid Jane would leave her for Tom or her other friends or something.
>>
>>83402486
I do not recall this clue
>>
>>83404079
most of it is because of her annoying sister. its ash vs gary oak syndrome.
>>
>>83394996
Quinn was smart but acted like a retard for fun.
>>
are there other shows like daria I can get into that aren't too girly
>>
File: 1341890498676.png (140KB, 400x307px) Image search: [Google]
1341890498676.png
140KB, 400x307px
>>83404164
Oh yeah, i bet you think you'd like that.

Instead the reality is that they never put out, are constantly dumping on you every single life issues they've ever had, are clingy as fuck (but on their own terms, never when you need them instead, think of a nagging ex wife), and will pretty much never be into a mental state neutral enough to appreciate 1/4 of the shit you do for them.

Essentially you'd be living the same life you live now, except you'd be miserable along with another person, instead of being miserable alone.
I bet you think this is a good alternative to what you have now, but it really isn't.
When you're alone you can dull yourself with video games, music and movies and you have all the free time in the world, when you're in 2 you don't even have time for yourself anymore to wind down, it's way worse in every possible way.
>>
>>83400868
It's a sick sad world, anon.
>>
>>83404234
yeah, quinn was only pretending to be retarded. she's literally /ourgirl/
>>
>>83404269
Who hurt you?
>>
>>83399372
>I hate LANYARDS!
>>
>>83402880
Literally the worst character and intentionally written that way. Her only good scene is at the end of the series when she btfos the others for walking all over her.
>>
>>83404316
he's right tho
>>
>>83404269
I can imagine you speak from experience.
So do I, and I fully agree with you.
>>
>>83400899
upload would be greatly appreciated anon
>>
>>83404451
>>83404269
I want stories from both of you. Let me live vicariously.
>>
>>83404600
Once I went and fucked myself.
>>
>>83404186
>enjoying her self pity and high horse mentality

that'll teach her to behave like a typical /tv/ poster
>>
who would jane look like in real life? i have fapped plenty of times to the thought of this
>>
>>83404726
Young Helena Bonham Carter but thinner.
>>
>>83394894
Name literally one thing that Tom did wrong.

That's right, you can't.
>>
>>83395522
the nice thing at least in Daria the two token blacks knew they were tokens, were not too dramatic about it, and got along with everyone, they specifically wanted to not be singled out or treated different.
>>83396115
I grew up in a place like lawndale, that's a normal upper middle class house, both parents work, one parent wears the pants and there's not much of anything to do but hang out at parks or something.
>>83394996
If Daria just was able to 'b urself' she'd be more likable than quinn, hell there was even an episode where she got hot and people noticed.
As-Is I'd say quinn would be fun to have as a constant friend, Daria would be great to hang out with in one class a day or something, but too much pessimism all day would be a bummer
>>
>>83400668
Childhood is idolizing Trent.

Adulthood is realizing you've become Trent.
>>
>>83394894
>Is it because she's such a blackpilled cunt she wants to drag everyone down with her?

It's because she's just a kid and like all kids she's not as smart as she thinks as well as awash with confusing emotions. Like you but with more justification.
>>
>>83404726
Asian.
>>
>>83404803
He broke Janes heart.
>>
>>83404834
Betrayal, yeah, a stab in the back...
>>
Daria is Velma with a jacket on and Quin is Daphne minus the scarf.
>>
>>83394996
While I agree with the sentiment the truth is somewhere in the middle. Daria and Quinn each represent extremes and a persons needs to find balance between those two aspects of their personality. Quinn does not need to abandon her natural intelligence and Daria need not always be a contrarian to the point of alienating her friends.

You are correct that a lot of viewers misunderstand the show and think you the viewer should try to be like Daria.
>>
>>83404922
Then who was Jane?
>>
>>83394894
Daria is autistic but Quinn and Jane and her brother Trent understand that and love Daria for what she is.
>>
>>83404942
It was the lighthouse keeper all along.
>>
>>83404929
This guy gets it.
There are some chapters where Darie shows hints o wanting to be/being like Quinn, and vice versa, why not try to be in the middle point?
I think the characters that got more near to that middle point were Jane and Jodie.
>>
>>83401132
only a couple of seeders but incase you don't find anything else
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:851abc440bd0aeecedd50ccad56cf8248256e8d5
>>
>>83404600
Had a DAMAGED girlfriend. Low self-esteem, trust issues, family problems, clinginess (combined with the unwillingness to get emotionally invested, which made the whole relationship schizophrenic as hell), occasional extreme actions for seemingly no reason at all... All the good stuff, ya know? To make everything better, she was promiscuous. Her promiscuity combined with her unpredictableness prevented me from ever having actual trust in her. I was always nervous at what she would do next.

So, yeah, that shit didn't work out. And not for the lack of me trying. It completely drained me of will and life, and it was absolutely worthless in the end. Me being an insect of a person at that time didn't help. But the thing was unsalvagable either way.
>>
File: 1.png (184KB, 1239x1114px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
184KB, 1239x1114px
>>83404929
>You are correct that a lot of viewers misunderstand the show and think you the viewer should try to be like Daria.

This was intentional.
Daria as a show cashed in to the nineties/early 2000 idea of "being cool" and "counter culture" (when it still didn't mean wearing a fedora and posting smug pepes online).

It's a show that has multiple layers, with the most superficial layer intentionally painting Daria as a "cool" and "free thinker" character so that stupid kids (and retarded MTV suits approving the eps and looking only at possible ratings) would idolize her and keep watching, while people that wanted to understand what was actually going on could peel the upper layer and realize that the show was heavily criticizing Daria and implying that she was a superficial, contrarian, bitter cunt for no reason most of the time.

It was a pretty versatile show, one of those shows that managed to hide it's true intent from the eyes of most people so it could rack in some cash for the creators exploiting plebs, while still giving them a vessel to convey what they actually wanted to talk about.
>>
>>83405025
...and a good film depicting dysfunctional relationships is Tommy Wiseau's "The Room".

Got carried away, plz no ban.
>>
>>83405025
>Low self-esteem
Why would you expect anything else afterwards. Mental issues fags you can deal with but insecurity is absolute killer.

To go back on topic, Darias self esteem seem healthy enuff.

>>83405058
You do realize that you sound like a contrarian cunt for thinking that most people didn't get the obvious, right?
>>
>>83405025
>Her promiscuity combined with her unpredictableness prevented me from ever having actual trust in her. I was always nervous at what she would do next.

And you still try and try because you genunely love her.
And then you feel like a goddamn idiot but you keep doing it because it's compulsory and you end up hating yourself for it.
You start to lose sleep, you start to become uninterested in every single hobby that made you happy, you become this piece of shit husk that is constantly sleep deprived and has nothing interesting to talk about because you squeezed out of yourself every last drop of interesting trivia you've ever had for her, like you're sacrificing a lamb to some sort of autistic deaf aztec goddess.

And you keep wasting everything, you waste your time, your mind, your body, your seed, and it keeps going until shit hits the fan and you realize you can't do this shit anymore.
And it's probably gonna taint every relationship you're gonna have afterwards, too.
>>
>>83405100
>You do realize that you sound like a contrarian cunt for thinking that most people didn't get the obvious, right?
But i'm right.
When Daria aired, most people watching the show didn't get what it was actually about.
This isn't really about the average intelligence of the watchers, but simply because most people watching the show were kids/teenagers.
This isn't really anything new nor unique, it also happened to a bunch of other shows over the years.
>>
>>83405025
Thank you for sharing anon. I'm glad you managed to get out (and are no longer an insect of a person).
>>
>>83405100
>You do realize that you sound like a contrarian cunt for thinking that most people didn't get the obvious, right?
you think too highly of the general public, let alone 90s teenagers.
>>
>>83404845
but her parents and other siblings are white. she only shares a resemblance with trent so they're either both adopted or their hppie slut mom fooled around with kahn ouphanousinphone
>>
>>83405222
I showed it to my sis when she was 14-15 and she's not the brightest by any means, yet never had any problems seeing "muh hidden layer". Just because the general public doesn't discuss the shit all the time doesn't mean they don't notice it.

>90s teenagers
Wouldn't be surprised if they did better than current meme and FB generation of kids that has shitty attention spans.
>>
>>83405290
Trent is clearly Asian.
>>
>>
File: 1320126275481.jpg (36KB, 330x379px) Image search: [Google]
1320126275481.jpg
36KB, 330x379px
>>83405317
Yeah, right.
Now who's being a contrarian cunt?
>>
>>83405100
>insecurity is absolute killer.
It is definitely not a good thing in any concievable way.
>>83405110
Yeah, basically. We have mutual friends and I know that the relationsip between her and her current lover is the same way. Can't exactly intervene, though, as I don't know him and he wouldn't believe me.
>>83405176
Hey, no prob.

>>83394894
...Anyway, to refrain from further discussing something not /tv/-related, how good is the show anyway? I heard pretty good things.
>>
>>83405341
Hey, just talking from personal experience. Also science. (Obviously it's way more complex than "kids are too stupid to pay attention")

>https://www.theguardian.com/media-network/media-network-blog/2012/mar/19/attention-span-internet-consumer
Before someone spergs over Graunidad, just check the links.

Or hell, to make it more /tv/ related, have you not noticed how much faster paced most movies are these days or how short the average scene is?
>>
>>83405420
>...Anyway, to refrain from further discussing something not /tv/-related, how good is the show anyway? I heard pretty good things.

It's alright.
Just keep in mind the historical context of when it was made.
Doesn't hold up as well as something like King Of The Hill, but it's not terrible either.
>>
>>83400524

Yes and no. In the show, people find her plain and her style of dress is off-putting. She is also described as having extremely pale skin, being really, really thin, and having bitten down finger nails on top of her boring clothes.

In terms of character creation, they wanted to make her slightly above average in attractiveness but with her looks downplayed. She could be as attractive as Quinn if she tried; her aunt gives you a clue about what an attractive, socially well adjusted Daria would look like.
>>
>>83395176
>Scientists find a link between low intelligence and acceptance of 'pseudo-profound bulls***'
>http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/scientists-find-a-link-between-low-intelligence-and-acceptance-of-pseudo-profound-bulls-a6757731.html
>>
File: 1.jpg (25KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
25KB, 640x480px
>>83405501
>her aunt gives you a clue about what an attractive, socially well adjusted Daria would look like

Yep.
Her aunt was basically Daria past the edgy phase, grown the fuck up (if i remember correctly).
>>
>>83405420
Binged it like 2 years ago and enjoyed it a lot, solid 7.
>>
>>83405558
I wish they had those smug pepe hands on their faces
>>
>>83405558
Exactly right. That's the future for her: attractive, funny, intelligent, well adjusted, and a pleasure to be around.
>>
Jane was definitely a lesbian. I can only imagine what a radfem she would have turned into going off to Boston as an 'artist'
>>
>>83405728
No she wasn't. They addressed this in the show. She meets an artist at some artist camp, the chick keeps coming on to her, but she rejects her angrily. She is not a lesbian.
>>
>>83399841
>>83400907
because subtly is the difference between sarcastic and whiny.
>>
>>83405795
She would have realized being het wouldn't get her anywhere in that proto-antifa world of living in derelict buildings with dozens of others. Trust me she would have turned out gay
>>
>>83405795
Part of the reason Jane rejects that chick is because she ended up being kind of a horrible hypocrite.
Jane could hypothetically still be bi.
>>
>>83405861
No. They addressed this in the show. On top of that, she also had a clear interest in guys, never showed interest in girls, and had at least one boyfriend. She was completely straight.
>>
>>83405861
>hetero people can turn gay
Is this what happens when schools don't have biology lessons and treat evolution as a theory next to creationism?
>>
>>83405486
>>83405574
Cheers, lads. Might give it a go.
>>
>>83405986
Get the Restored seasons off of Myspleen or somewhere else. The DVDs lack all of the real music except like 2 songs they had to keep because they were directly referenced. Really ruins most of the atmosphere with using generic royalty free shit
>>
>>83405922
>teen/early 20s girls aren't easily influenced and pressures into fitting in
Just look at the many SJWs that leaving the little movement and admitting it was a phase. Women will do weird shit to fit in to a group, and being straight is not a positive in those artsy camps
>>
>>83406023
I will, thanks. But why would they choose to cut out the music?
>>
>>83394996
Pretty much. The only negative aspects she ever had are that she was stupid and manipulative, but she grows out of those traits by the end of the series.
>>
File: 250px-Trentinbed.jpg (11KB, 250x188px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Trentinbed.jpg
11KB, 250x188px
Oh, hey Daria. I just wrote a song for Mystk Spiral. You wanna hear it?
>>
File: 1.jpg (129KB, 594x600px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
129KB, 594x600px
While we're on the subject of music in this show, let me drop off a little bit of useless /mu/ information.

The opening song of the show is called "You're Standing On My Neck" and it was made by Splendora.
This song isn't part of their discography, it was basically commissioned for the show itself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu_Rxqtq3ng

Their discography is essentially only composed by a single album called "In the Grass".
It doesn't really sound anything like "You're Standing On My Neck" and it's extremely generic and boring, nearly every single person that checks out that album because of the opening song from Daria comes back disappointed.
>>
>>83406143
Because Dad is was made right before the Home video boom. Before the 00s no one possibly thought it would ever be feasible or popular for television series to be sold to consumers, so none of the networks included perpetual rights to home video releases in licensed music negotiations. The license only included the use for original broadcast. Purchasing new licenses would have ensured the show would never have been financially feasible to be released on DVD
>>
>>83406143
it was on MTV, which owned the rights to the music they played on the channel. so when they lost the rights because "mtv doesn't play music" they couldn't put it on the DVDs
>>
>>83406236
Not how it works fuckstick. Virtually every show before the 00s encounters this problem across every network.
>>
>>83406266
k
>>
File: jane.jpg (87KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
jane.jpg
87KB, 1920x1080px
Hi. I'm /tv/. Go to hell.
>>
>>83394894
i know you never had friends in highschool

but it is generally a bummer when you dont get to spend time with your friends because they are doing something else.
thats a pretty fucking common narrative autist.
>>
>>83406228
>Before the 00s no one possibly thought it would ever be feasible or popular for television series to be sold to consumers.
wut
>>
>>83400524
She dresses frumpy. There was one episode where she dolled up like quinn and was turning heads.
>>
File: 1495527154543.jpg (21KB, 396x385px) Image search: [Google]
1495527154543.jpg
21KB, 396x385px
>/tv/ likes Daria

I'm pleasantly surprised
>>
>>83406613
It's too old to be popular, so it's not that shocking.
>>
>>83406613
Everyone in this thread is over 25. Most of the users on this board don't recognize the character and are skipping over this thread. If Daria came out today, there would be so much whining about the genocide of white men that it would be impossible to discuss it on this board.

If you like Daria you should try Girls.
>>
File: 1493613224049.jpg (71KB, 463x700px) Image search: [Google]
1493613224049.jpg
71KB, 463x700px
>>83406613
>/tv/ likes the ultimate contrarian character.
>>
>>83394894
Shows about good people are boring. Daria is a complete cunt, but that's why it was entertaining.
>>
that one episode where Daria befriends that weird Mormon kid and they go to the arcade
>>
>>83406880
And the parents get angry when she shows him the Beatles.
>>
>>83403893
Oh yeah that's right society is forcing people to reproduce and care for their own material well being, nothing to do with millions of years evolution and biology. The man and patriarchy are responsible.
>>
>>83395176
can anyone be this shallow and dumb while simultaneously thinking he got it figured out?
>>
>>83394894
cuz she's a bitter dyke cunt and those are the worst people on earth
>>
>>83406350
i dont recall me betraying my friends by making out with their partners.

but hey what do I know, I didnt have friends in school according to you anon. And one thing's for sure, anon is never EVER wrong.
>>
File: 1460922755040.png (68KB, 493x500px) Image search: [Google]
1460922755040.png
68KB, 493x500px
>>83406613
>>
>>83394894

Daria really makes me miss the 90s. Especially since my older sister had some arthouse friend like Jane who was really nice to me because she knew I was a weirdo loser with no friends which appealed to her whole bohemian thing she had going.
>>
>>83394996
That's not quite it though, because Quinn is suppressing the intelligent side of her and eventually learns to be comfortable with it

Everyone in Daria has a flaw, Quinn is probably the nicest person in the show except that she's a stuck up bitch who string a guys along while being a cunt to her sister and others who don't conform to her superficial standards.

If you want probably the least broken people in the series it's probably mac and the black girl (but they too have issues around being "the good black kids" and their parents)
>>
I was in my prime a few years ago and Prime Me could have easily banged Daria. I'm not even a hipster.
>>
File: 123463.png (191KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
123463.png
191KB, 512x384px
>>83409197
She wouldnt bang you. She refused to bang a rich, charming guy with a bright ivy-league future, we basement 4scums are far below her.
>>
>>83409258
Thats why I said Prime Me could have banged her.

I was quite good with the ladies desu.
>>
>>83409258
um, she wanted to bang Trent though so your logic is fucked
>>
>>83399372
I forgot about that guy
>>
File: 13245645342.jpg (57KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
13245645342.jpg
57KB, 512x384px
>>83409318
No she did not, she'd have spilled all her spaghetti and run, then think about her possible future with Trent with him as the loser he is and her as the working wife brining in the money.
>>
>>83395176
How's junior year of high school going, champ
>>
reminder
beavis and butthead
daria
king of the hill
doug
are all in the same universe.
>>
>>83409534
....I was with you until you got to Doug.

Explain the blue/purple/green color skinned people, in fact, Doug looks nothing like those other shows.
>>
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
>>
>>83396174
https://youtu.be/n-YUwNlb-tY
>>
>>83396204
>your teen drama is shit
>my edgy snuff soft core porn is amazing

Come on bro
>>
Is this show worth watching all the way through? How many episodes/seasons does it have? I watched bits and pieces of it around the time it was running but I barely remember it
>>
>>83410218
4 seasons of disconnected episodes + 2 movies.
>>
>>83410409
How are they disconnected if you are telling me she meets this girl and cucks her?
>>
>>83409534

nigga why doug?

Also, did mike judge have anything to do with the daria show other than him creating her as a small side character in beavis and butthead?
>>
>>83394894
because (((she))) watched jane die

>>83404154
Jake, Hall, Jerry... why dads are always this retarded??
>>
>>83396204

Aeon Flux has literally no character to it at all and is purely just an experiment in animation and thats it.
>>
>>83402880
> Stacey
Well no shit lol
>>
>>83409534
How is KOTH in the same universe as Beavis and Butthead and Daria? It has no characters that are connected to either show. That old guy who sounded and sorta looked like Hank wasn't the same guy seeing how he was a much older man who fought in Korea and Nam which at those times Hank would have been a baby and teenager.

Doug makes no sense at all. There's no connections at all with any of those shows.
>>
>>83410929
>How is KOTH in the same universe as Beavis and Butthead and Daria?

the character of Daria is originally from Beavis and Butthead as a very small side character. She was the 'voice of reason"
>>
>>83411030
He isn't saying B&B and Daria aren't related. He's saying KotH and Doug aren't in the same universe as the others.
>>
>>83410429
Ok, it's very loosely connected.

Nearly everything after the first episode can be watched in whatever order you want. Except the boyfriend ark and the movies.
>>
>>83396204
>Aeon Flux was the only influential show that came out of that bloc
What, no love for The Maxx?

>>83410772
Basically true. It was also a bit of an experiment with narrative structure. Very little character development though.
>>
>>83410715
Mike Judge didn't have anything to do with Daria period. He wasn't even the one who came up with her on B&B. One of his writers created Daria, and he's the one who eventually got permission from Mike to try and pitch a spin off show starring her.
>>
>>83410715
Nope. He just gave up the rights to her to allow the show to be made
>>
>>83411235
When's the last time you watched the show? Because only the first two seasons are watchable in any order like a typical sitcom. Starting in Season 3 and continuing to the series finale it's arc based rather than episode based.
>>
>>83400828
Tom was a boring gary stu. And Daria's girly reactions to his bullshit was changing the show for the worse.
>>
>>83407582
society is set up to make people think "caring for their family's material well being" is "working a job you hate for less than it is worth to ensure your corporate masters never have to work."
>>
childhood is idolizing daria

adulthood is realizing quinn makes more sense
>>
>>83404845
I always felt Quinn looked azn
>>
>>83402904
hihahahahaha! I still remember this episode.
>>
>>83405058
>the show was heavily criticizing Daria and implying that she was a superficial, contrarian, bitter cunt for no reason most of the time.

You go too far in your criticism. Like Lisa Simpson, her intelligence puts her at odds with her environment; she wasn't feigning superiority. And there were plenty of times she was a decent person. Like when she defended the guy being bullied at the elite school.
>>
>>83413307
No, Jane, always Jane
>>
>>83400852
Hippies didn't fucking start in the 90s. Are you a child? You sound like a child.
>>
>>83415268
For you
>>
>>83399012
>Quinn pretended that they are not related and was pretty bitchy towards Daria too.

M8 Quinn is the best mixture of tenderness and pragmatism on the show. The bitchiness was just sibling stuff
>>
File: birch.jpg (265KB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
birch.jpg
265KB, 853x480px
Reminds me of this.
>>
>>83415890
What about the bitchiness towards her wannabe boyfriends?
>>
>>83394996
It's either Quinn or Trent
>>
>>83405025

Your girlfriend sounds like a textbook case of borderline personality disorder m8
>>
File: 47238276.jpg (55KB, 500x473px) Image search: [Google]
47238276.jpg
55KB, 500x473px
>>83405110
O-okay you can stop now.
>>
>>83416882
i was gonna say this because my first gf had borderline personality disorder and it was fucking awful
Thread posts: 218
Thread images: 25

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.