[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Movies that couldn't be made now >Mel Brooks making

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: robin hood men in tights.jpg (58KB, 412x610px) Image search: [Google]
robin hood men in tights.jpg
58KB, 412x610px
ITT: Movies that couldn't be made now

>Mel Brooks making fun of Kevin Costner's Robin Hood film which had cast Morgan Freeman in a film set in medieval Europe with Dave Chapelle's Ahchoo

Whats sad is that casting black people in time periods and places they don't belong in is a standard practice these days
>>
>>83383649
Since Prince of Thieves, it's like canon to have a black Muslim sidekick in it now. I'm pretty sure it would actually be considered racist if they made one now that did not.
>>
>I posted it again

FUCK OFF WITH YOUR STALE GARBAGE REPOSTS
>>
>>83383649
Why do people hate this movie exactly?
>>
>>83383649
I never got the problem with Morgan Freeman in that movie. It's not like he was from England or any other European country
>>
>>83384724
they're bleps
>>
>>83384813
He's a good actor and it was an interesting character, but that helped perpetuate the myth that Moors were sub-Saharan Africans.
>>
>>83384895
WE
>>
>>83383649
>casting black people in time periods and places they don't belong in is a standard practice
dude
>>
>>83384895
well, there was an entire moorish kingdom made of slav eunuchs, so there goes nothing.
>>
>>83383649
not casting black people would make it historically inaccurate.
>>
>>83383649
Black people have been living in Britain since the Roman times.
>>
>>83383649
What a fucking idiot.
>>
>>83383649
If you can believe Robin Hood actually existing, why can't you believe black people being part of European history?
>>83386864
>>83386962
Mah dudes, you guys get it
>>
I like Chapelle but he was the least funny part of that movie.
>>
>>83387119
>Mah dudes, you guys get it
Britain was never racist until the whole slavery debacle. Blacks have been living here happily for 2000 years. Fuck knows what happened.
>>
its always been a standard practice

but moors are black so yea
>>
>>83387231
Because he was the everyman.
>>
>>83384895
Moor just means Muslim, they called the Filipino Muslims fucking moors and they sure as shit weren't Arabs
>>
>>83390441
There was no strict definition of "Moor", it was just basically anyone who wasn't a white Christian, and of course the most noted of those people were Arab Muslims.
>>
>>83387331

>Fuck knows what happened.

You started letting in too many.
>>
>>83390579
Too many radical white racists?
Yeah, those are a sad bunch of people.
>>
File: 1436216471854.jpg (9KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1436216471854.jpg
9KB, 225x225px
>>83384670
specially because Freeman was the first one, Robin Hood never had a moor sidekick in any of the original stories so if a story were trying it's best to be authentic, they wouldn't do it.

That being said, there weren't any nigs in the Russell Crowe one, right?
>>
>>83384724
>people hate this
literally who could hate a mel brooks movie?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.