[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What a weird fucking movie. Ridley was promising a back to basics

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 384
Thread images: 28

File: alien_poster_t[1].jpg (48KB, 600x500px) Image search: [Google]
alien_poster_t[1].jpg
48KB, 600x500px
What a weird fucking movie. Ridley was promising a back to basics Alien but it was just more Prometheus. There's no way Ridley wasn't just another George Lucas on Alien and Blade Runner with people behind the scenes limiting his retardation. So completely misunderstanding the mastercraft of pacing that went into making the first movie work they give you nearly the same exact scenes shot in a modern ADD style horror film. More blood. More gore. More screaming. More jump cuts and shaky cam. More cursing.

>that fucking spineburster scene where the girl slips on the blood while the other girl is running into walls and then the second girl slips on the same pool of blood and sprains her ankle
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (186KB, 1170x628px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
186KB, 1170x628px
Couldn't keep track of all the damn characters. Like what happened to this fucker?

I liked it though.
>>
>>83382295
Pretty sure that guy got his jaw slices open by the neomorph's tail
>>
There were definitely some fairly decent bits.

The ending when she finds out it's him was good, though they probably could have made it more ambiguous whether or not it was David or Walter.

The Spineburster reveal was nice.

David's weird zoology lab was neat.
>>
Anyone else surprised by how badly this shit on just simple lore? Like diehards bash Aliens for doing it but this just took massive dumps for the sake of convenience.

One thing I noticed was gestation and maturation cycles for the xenos just apparently don't mean shit anymore.

In the original it took a long ass time and then the baby alien had to find the food storage to grow to adulthood.

In this there's multiple aliens that all pop out at different times and then the real facehugger->chestburster xeno birth is almost immediate and then a quick jump cut to another character and back and it's full grown despite there being zero food sources for it.

Ridley clearly wants to be making sci-fi but couldn't give less of a shit about the Alien franchise. He's just using it as a vehicle.
>>
>>83382640

To add to this the foreign guy who got facehugged didn't give birth till WAY the fuck later. They literally had time to sleep.
>>
File: glitter_pointing.jpg (302KB, 1512x996px) Image search: [Google]
glitter_pointing.jpg
302KB, 1512x996px
>inb4 Ridley fangirls performing fantasic contortions of logic to excuse the gaping plot holes

It was a shit film and you know it, faggots.
>>
>>83384262

I liked Prometheus and even idk how you defend Covenant really. It had no idea what it wanted to be.
>>
>>83381962
>>that fucking spineburster scene where the girl slips on the blood while the other girl is running into walls and then the second girl slips on the same pool of blood and sprains her ankle
I thought it was pretty funny that as soon as anything bad happened that chick just broke down crying.
>>
>>83384456

This movie was a really fucking weird retread of old style horror tropes in a modern horror film and it does not fucking work at all.

David telling the captain go on look! Get closer! Look inside! When talking about the egg was another unintentionally hilarious part.

I'd almost think Ridley was intentionally making a shitty film to spite the critics of Prometheus if I didn't know better and know that this sadly IS Ridley trying.
>>
>"Got a great idea for a new Alien movie bros!"
>does whatever the fuck he wants
>everybody hates it
>"THIS time it'll be great bro! It's even called Alien. It has an Alien crew and an Alien trailer and an Alien tomboy and everything."
>does whatever the fuck he wants
>tacks on 20 minutes of shitty Alien movie on the end
>everybody hates it

Ridley is too based for this world.
>>
>>83382439
There were definitely some fairly decent tits.
>>
>>83382295
That's some shitty looking food they're eating.
>>
File: thanks ridley scott.png (1016KB, 1278x716px) Image search: [Google]
thanks ridley scott.png
1016KB, 1278x716px
Daily reminder the Engineers wanted to destroy humanity because some asses killed Jesus 2000 years ago
>>
Why didn't the Engineers develop an antidote to the black goo?

That seems like it would have been a smart thing to have given how unreliable those urns are at keeping the stuff under wraps
>>
>>83384927
probably the same reason they have stone buildings
>>
>>83384759
kek
>>
>>83382439
>could have made it more ambiguous whether or not it was David or Walter
oh you missed todays thread on the Walter-David issue?
>>
>>83385073

I did. What was it?
>>
>>83385102
Not him, but pretty definitive that it was walter. He put into motion the entire plan.

Tldr, the fetus egg things prove it.
>>
>>83385165

How the fuck does that even make sense
>>
>>83385102
here my guy, enjoy:
http://archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/83357059/#83367633
>>
>>83385210
Walter was fucking with the fetus eggs at the beginning and put them back at the end, but infected.

This means walter brought the eggs planetside. Which means he most likely brought it back.
>>
>>83385315
>Walter was fucking with the fetus eggs at the beginning
he threw the ones that went bad in stasis in the trash you dipshit
>>
>>83385315

Nigga what. That was David planning to get on the colony and put his own genetically engineered eggs inside. He trashed the fucked up eggs

How the fuck would Walter have known how to infect and engineer these eggs.
>>
>>83385433
>>83385469
t. brainlets played like a fiddle by based Ridley.
>>
>>83385433
Never seen him do that, just into the thermos thing.

The same eggs, but infected, get put back. Pretty compelling.

I'm not sure of walter made it back, but he did, in my mind, bring the eggs down.

Which means he fucked the crew to do it.
>>
>>83385469
>own genetically engineered eggs inside.

>>he, on a desolate planet, with extremely basic tools, created the exact same eggs that was on the covenant, and knew exactly where to place them, in the exact same spot the old ones were thrown away.

Seems real fucking fishy anon
>>
Is this the new Jar Jar was a Sith thing?
>>
>>83384879
>Captain on the Covenant is a hardcore christian and his faith is a major part of the movie
>His lord and saviour was actually an ayylmao ambassador sent to see if we should be killed

What did they mean by this?
>>
im literally laughing out loud at the plebs that came after watching the movie to tell us that they "spotted the twist right away". turns out the "twist" was a fake one, and that reality is even grimmer.
>>
>>83385594
I thought the same thing while watching it. Walter takes out two embyos at the beginning and David puts two infected embryos in the same spot. It seems weirdly pottery
>>
>>83385073

I did miss it but reading the comments in this thread I get the gist. It's a pretty neat point, and I think if they had spent more time developing that ambiguity and less time on the alien that gets on board somehow, it would have been a much, much better movie.
>>
>>83385512

You never see him bring the eggs down and he'd have no reason to.
>>
>>83385819
I think that Ripley tricked everyone into thinking it was "A" instead of the true "B", is pretty fucking genius.
>>
>>83385810

Which twist are we talking about
>>
>>83385891
You see the eggs being put back.

They didn't teleport
>>
>>83381962
The movie would have been better if Ridley had been able to just make a Prometheus sequel, but the studio got spooked by all the criticism Prometheus got and decided that the best way to fix it was to force Ridley to insert xenomorphs and market it as an Alien movie, while doing nothing about the writing and sloppy editing that actually hurt Prometheus.
>>
Didn't Mother call him "David" at some point after he put the remaining crewmembers into stasis?
>>
>>83381962
How many roles will Fassbender play in Alien: Awakening?
>>
>>83386050
He himself identified as David alongside his serial number if I'm not mistaken, with which then mother received him quite a bit too happy.
>>
>>83386050
Nah, he changes his code to David blah blah random numbers.

But why would mother randomly accept command codes from some random Android? I think it was symbolic, but again I'm not sure if David or Walter made it back, just that walter took the eggs down.
>>
>>83386097
>>83386098
Forget about David=Walter, is Mother who worries me, as if all AIs were in a huge conspiracy or something.
>>
>>83386210
Weyland AIs are all bad.

Other ones, like the heroic fucker from aliens one, was made by another company. Saw that in the other thread.

Blew my mind.
>>
>>83385931
that david switched places with walter.
>>
>>83386098
First of all, he's Weyland-Yutani android and that's all Mother needs to know. I don't think she differentiates between them enough to give a shit.

Or Walter's ID may give him some benefits since he was Weylands personal fuckboy for decades.
>>
>>83386286
David was made before the Weyland-Yutani fusion was made, wasn't he?
>>
>>83386286
Shit, meant David's ID
>>
>>83386094
I hope to god he's in a Xenomorph motion capture suit, just for the giggles.
>>
>>83386286
>that's all Mother needs to know.

Perhaps. But I think mother is a "dumb ai". She did accept it instantly.

He did say "change" security code. So that implies he is still walter, just changing his name.

Idk really.
>>
>>83386097
>which then mother received him quite a bit too happy.
the Covenant crews mision was rescuing David from the engineer planet all along.
>>
>>83385940

Yes. Facehugger eggs.
>>
>>83386375
I don't know about the thread posted here, but I remember in some other thread they explained that instead of changing clothes and cutting his hand off, David could just change chips with Walter or make a data migration. How? I don't know, is not like the movie has to worry about one more plot hole about it.
>>
>>83386375
they fused.
>>
>>83385512
>it was real in my mind
>>
>>83386484
>>83386510
Fusion I'd possible, sure. Why not both? Lol.

>>83386467
The eggs were the same as the one walter took off the ship, just with little face huggers. There was major argument if it was a hybrid or an implant.

Either way face hugger eggs are Xbox huge comparatively.
>>
>>83386484

The only thing that bothers me about this is that there's no establishing scenes in either movies, or hell, any of the movies, that show this is possible.

Each android was always show as independent without any linking or data migration abilities. Surely it's possible, but there's not a single line in any of the movies that points towards this.

I also really like the idea of David mutilating himself to appear as Walter.
>>
>>83382439
I just want a film where David and Weyland talk about Wagner
>>
>>83386566
Wut. It was real on the screen nigga. He took the eggs off, the eggs got placed back.
>>
DAVID GET ME SOME TEA YOU GAY ROBOT.

DAVID!
>>
There was only one bad embryo I just saw the movie two hours ago.

That shoots holes in the theory right there.
>>
>>83386782
One would also think that maybe WY or the future in general has a standard size for fetuses, so it wouldn't be so weird for David to have the facehuggers on the right size or shape.
>>
>>83384636
i busted out laughing during the flute learning thing
>>
>>83386614
Imagine how lame it would be with an establishing scene.
"Here, David, are spare bodies for you. In case I won't be around anymore, you can put your chip in one of those"
*next scene introduces Walter*
>>
>>83386859
The issue there is David's inability to create a fetus.
>>
>>83382295
I seriously only remember the name of three characters out of that entire movie and one of them doesn't really count because he was from Prometheus.
>>
>>83384636
>This movie was a really fucking weird retread of old style horror tropes in a modern horror film and it does not fucking work at all.

this

A fucking shower murder scene for fucks sake.
>>
>>83386967
Is not like he has been messing up with the black goo and everything he can produce from there for 10 years, he himself said so.
>>
>>83386881
literally an unwanted sexual arousal coping reaction.
>>
>>83384636
>David telling the captain go on look! Get closer! Look inside! When talking about the egg was another unintentionally hilarious part.
For me it was infuriating since I realized Scott wanted to show a temptation of a religious man with a weak faith and the devil (david) making captain follow him and offering him an apple/serpent thing. Fucking old man has his head so far up his own ass even Snyder is jealous.
>>
>>83386992
Black goo won't let you create a perfectly clear fetus sack, ready for implementation. That said, >>83386782
Is correct, he only removes one.

That said, he clearly has access to the featues
>>
>>83382640
>One thing I noticed was gestation and maturation cycles for the xenos just apparently don't mean shit anymore.
I don't think they were the same xenos. It felt to me that they just keep slightly getting closer to the one we know so they can shit out another movie to keep people watching just to see if it's really gonna be the reveal of when they first arrived. Either way it's fucking stupid I'm sick of all this over explaining of a monster that should've just been an alien.
>>
Am i the only one pissed at covenant effectively just destroying all the world building prometheus did?
>Spend all of prometheus building the engineer plot.
>Introduce the whole creator and creation theme
>David and shaw build a relationship on a similar theme
>Entire civilisation is god to the human race
>Kill them all of bar David in 5 minutes worth of scenes/exposition and pretty much make the entire prometheus movie pointless.
Mfw
>>
File: IMG_0556.gif (171KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0556.gif
171KB, 200x200px
>>83386286
>First of all, he's Weyland-Yutani android and that's all Mother needs to know.

>mfw Mother detected the xenomorph but somehow faked to notify the crew about the foreign android and the two micro machine alien embryos in him
>>
>>83386967
He had Noomi Rapeface tho.
>>
>>83386967

So he can bioengineer a facehugger but can't make an embryo?
>>
>>83387060
*failed
>>
File: 1298431447976s.jpg (2KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
1298431447976s.jpg
2KB, 126x126px
>>83387056
Mfw no face
>>
no spoilers, but do I need to watch prometheus before I go see this?

also how much longer is it gonna be in theaters?
>>
>>83387060
>Mother: Well he is a Weyland android so anything he does and brings with him must mean good!
>>
>>83387073
Sure, but you can't get a sac like that, it's not natural.

>>83387087
I think the aliens were doing what they did best, he was just fucking with them while they did their thing to get different results.

I don't think he was messing with them at a molecular level. Kind of impossible with what he had on hand.
>>
>>83387101
It has a few elements from Prometheus but they explain most of them right there so unless you want more lore on it, is not really necessary.

>also how much longer is it gonna be in theaters?
It may survive Wonder Woman but you better go watch it as soon as possible I think.
>>
>>83387060
Maybe he had his stomach covered with tinfoil to prevent Mother spying on his intestines.
>>
Alien Covenant 2017 HD-TS X264-CPG

: o
>>
File: 1496039881062-pol.jpg (140KB, 977x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1496039881062-pol.jpg
140KB, 977x1024px
>>83381962
>all the greats turn out to be hacks
>>
>>83387056
This. Dammit Scott you're a fucking tease.
>>
>>83387248
>HD
nice virus
>>
>>83381962
I saw this movie today and was struggling to stay invested in the film. None of the characters were interesting enough to care about besides the Walter and David dynamic.
>>
>>83387385
I only cared for Walter and Daniels, and Daniels got a pass just because she was the only sane one about not going to a weird planet they never got on the radar until now.
>>
>>83387346
>he doesn't have a private tracker and virus's are actually something that enters his mind as a worry

eewwww

no it's legit, itll be on your babby sites soon
>>
>>83381962

The whole movie was Ridley Scott saying "You fuckers kept calling my Prometheus characters retarded... I'll show you fucking retarded."

>Prometheus, characters take off environment suits and are chastised for it
Don't even wear them in Covenant

>Have a sense of fear and awe when confronted with the engineer bodies
Covenant crew trounces through a field of mutilated alien corpses and make no comment

>Prometheus, some of the crew have a healthy distrust of David
David walks everyone through a field of corpses, says "oh it's totally safe here", goes on to show them his murder lab, "hey look into this really sketchy and dangerous looking egg thing, it's really safe." Everyone trusts him up until they're dead from stupidity.

>The most retarded thing in Prometheus is Vickers not running sideways
Two identical robots distinguished by an accent are fighting each other to the death, one runs out victorious and they assume it's their good robot because he speaks american.

A fucking alien creature is suddenly loose on the covenant, they kill it, and never once ask how it got there and just waltz off to hypersleep while their murder robot tucks them in.
>>
>>83387493
>there are no malicious files on private trackers
>>
>>83387564
Keep telling yourself I got a virus, I'm watching alien kino as we speak
>>
>>83387060

>A unpredictable celestial event fucks up the covenant and prompts the Captain to suggest an inspection into Walter and Mother

>An alien makes it's way onto the mothership without anyone noticing and they don't think twice about how it got there after spacing it.
>>
File: 1439975342468.gif (3MB, 350x280px) Image search: [Google]
1439975342468.gif
3MB, 350x280px
>>83387622
>I'm watching alien kino as we speak
enjoy anon
>>
So the kinoclub's interpretation is that

>Walter took a single defective egg and put it in a hazard bin
>Disaster happens ships gets fucked they get the transmission and go to check the planet
>Walter thinks oh man a new planet! I better bring my lucky rabbit's foot! An aborted embryo!
>Walter eats the fucked up embryo
>David attempts to kill Walter and almost succeeds
>Walter kills David
>Pukes up the egg
>CLONES the egg and then bioengineers them both in the time it takes the other two characters to run from the ruins
>Swallows the infected egg and its clone
>Gets back on the ship
>Stays Walter the entire time up until putting her in stasis where he pretends to be David just to scare her
>Continues pretending to be David now
>Pukes the eggs back up

You guys are literally the most retarded people I've ever come across in my life.
>>
>>83387686
>unpredictable

Actually its not. Look to the other thread.

Only walter said it was unpredictable as damage control.
>>
I dont know why everyone were so mad about the no helmets thing this time. There were two major differences between this and prometheus:
1) These guys are not top notch professionals picked by Weyland himself, the're just volunteers, who agreed to travel to some distant planet and die there, who also have some useful skills for the trip
2) They arrived on the planet not to check on some ancient shit and fly home without dying and contacting anything - they went there to check if it's habitable for themselves. They were discussing where to build a house while strolling around. For how long were they going to hide behind ev suits before unpacking other colonists and deciding to stay? Wouldn't it be worse for them to travel around in suits, not discover the neomorph virus, and only contact it after waking up all other colonists and starting to settle?
>>
>>83387714

Still can't explain the same type of egg being put back, when David had no means to create it. Those featues are not natural, and he did not have lab equipment.
>>
>>83387723
I dint get why everyone thinks its retarded. When stuff like this happens I simply assume that their ship, which already detected a suitable planet, would simply inform them that the air is fine, clean and whatnot. Its fucking sci-fi.
>>
>>83387777

Says fucking who you mong. He has the most advanced ship in the galaxy and access to the city of the place that CREATED said ship and HUMAN BEINGS
>>
>>83387723
>1) These guys are not top notch professionals picked by Weyland himself, the're just volunteers, who agreed to travel to some distant planet and die there, who also have some useful skills for the trip
then that raises another problem
>sending literal random people on a very important mission to space
>>
>>83387777
do you think that the planet is just that temple?
>>
>>83387797
It's not even that. If they were there with a research mission - additional safety wouldn't hurt. But these guys were ready to live there for decades and die, to breathe this air and to let their future kids roll around all over those spores, it's pretty natural for people with this mindset to go in raw.
>>
>>83387859
Says the fact he was living like a caveman, tard. Also the fact that he did not have any visible equipment. He clearly did not figure out anything beyond turning on the damn lights.

His musical instrument of choice was a fucking piece of grass.
>>
Why do you fucking autists needs EVERYTHING explained to you during a movie?

>but the ship detect a FULL GROWN ALIEN MOVING AROUND, but it cant detect 2 embryo hidden into a robot?
I dont see the problem here

>How did David did X while on the planet?
Gee I dont know, but he's surrounded by engineer stuff, as the ship and some of his tools. I mean he can do whatever, we dont need to see is daily routine.

etc. Like seriously, do you actually stop to think about this while watching the movie at the theater? Or do you start questioning everything in these threads as an afterthought?
>>
>>83387878
That's not a "very important mission". No one sends people to live on another planet and have families and live their lives there. They just gather and do it themselves (with the help of WY and their ships and androids, but that's it. They're not WY workers or something)
>>
>>83387900
See
>>83387942
>>
>>83387101
it would be in your best interest to
>>
>>83387942
what kind of answer do you want? Just assume he can do it for fuck sake since he did.
>>
>>83388009
>dude David had alien tech that perfectly replicated what the human tech did
>pls ignore he was living like a caveman
>pls ignore zero engineer tech being shown

Nope.
>>
>>83387942

Did you not see his zoology lab and hear him say he BIOENGINEERED THEM
>>
>>83388067
>pls ignore
its not explained in the movie so yes, you should ignore. You're not going to find any answer by guessing endlessly.
>>
>>83388063
>since he did.

Brainlet spotted.

He clearly did not. You are suggesting that because your puny brain can't comprehend anything else.
>>
>>83387385
Those were the only ones you were supposed to care about. Or at least focus more on. Everyone else is secondary
>>
>>83388105
The movie suggest that he did. That's all there is to it.
>>
>>83388072
I saw some cadavers and drawings, that's it. What TECH did you see in his zoology lab?

Also technically he could be only practicing artificial selection and still claim he "bioengineered" those aliens.
>>
>>83388072
I saw dissections, made on natural reed paper.

There is a world of difference between reed paper and a metal implement and cryogenic creations.

Mendle bioengineered too, in the early 1800s. Creating hybrids is easy. Creating an out of body fetal sac is not.
>>
Ridley Hack has never made a good movie on his own, it's always been someone else with the ideas and cinematography
>>
>>83388067
I won't ignore how he managed to preserve Shaw's body enough to make her whole body an intestine fest.
>>
>>83388012

Except they're clearly Weyland employees as they were the crew of the ship, wear their uniforms, and know how to use their equipment.
>>
>>83388162
>I saw some cadavers and drawings, that's it. What TECH did you see in his zoology lab?
just like I said, another case of some "I need everything explained to me!" anon.
>>
>>83388132
Wrong. The movie played on common tropes, and your brainlet ass ate it up.

Go watch some capeshit, it's more your level.
>>
>>83382640
What about the aborted fetus in Prometheus growing from shoe-sized to room-sized octopus with zero food source in a locked room?
>>
>>83388181
Wow, he let an animal feed and reproduce on her, wut high science!
>>
>>83388215
>that moment when anon start to go with some name calling and insults
enjoy asking yourself pointless question endlessly I guess. We're done here.
>>
I don't really get why David was such a homicidal dick. Was it just a bug that escalated and made him insane? Like Walter said, about the symphony.
>>
>>83388264
You are done here, we are not.

Move along, kid.
>>
>>83388187
>alright guys, here's a mission for you. Go wherever you want, just pick a place. Yeah, you may change destination on a whim, it's up to you. So. Get there and, well, have a family and live a life. That's very important for our company, so don't fail us!
>>
>>83388309
you really need the last word, dont you?
>>
File: 911952-smith.jpg (73KB, 644x504px) Image search: [Google]
911952-smith.jpg
73KB, 644x504px
>>83388302
David went the Smith route
>>
>>83387777
>Still can't explain the same type of egg being put back

Maybe that's how the egg sacs start? We've never seen them before the pod stage.
>>
>>3388337

>as he responds
>>
>>83388322
I wonder if they didnt see the planet before because the engineer were someone shielding it from some scanning/probing (which stopped on their death) or Wayland knew what the planet was and dint want to go
>>
>>83388382
>He can't reply correctly

You show him
>>
>>83388402
somehow*
>>
>>83388358
It would be crazy that the alien egg sac is the exact same size, shape, everything of a mechanically created weyland human featus sac.
>>
>83388432

Newfag pls
>>
>Both sides trying to explain contradictions
>Not realizing that the lore is just such a fucking messing that there IS no explanation
>>
@83388499

If you want to not reply to someone you erase one meme arrow or change them all for an @ for extra irony, you don't mess with the numbers as if you were doing it manually.
>>
>only on one level on irony

SUCCCCCCCC
>>
>>83388533
So basically

>Don't think about it
– Ridley Scott 2017
>>
>>83388460

desu I'm just chalking it up to Ridley not thinking things through or David using Engineer technology. Easier to just accept one plothole than the many in this fan theory
>>
>>83388568
grow up
>>
>>83382640
This shit was fucking ridiculous.
Spore gets inhaled by someone and 5 fucking minutes later, a developed neomorph is bursting out the guy's back and already capable of killing multiple humans as soon as it births?
Facehuggers only need a split second of attachment to implant an embryo, and chestbursters now "hatch" in like 10 minutes?

For fucks sake, even PROMETHEUS was able to get this shit sort of right. When the male protagonist drank the black goo, it still took him at least a full day before he started seriously succumbing to its effects
>>
>>83388672
>Spore gets inhaled by someone and 5 fucking minutes later, a developed neomorph is bursting out the guy's back and already capable of killing multiple humans as soon as it births?
they walked for a few kilometers
>>
>>83388765
The guy started getting sick and vomiting blood almost immediately after the spore entered his ear.
>>
>>83386259

Hadn't heard this, but I like it!

I always felt that the Engineers were coming back to kill us because of AI...not the whole Jesus thing. Everything in their society seems to have organic base. AI is an afront to this.
>>
>>83385898

Yeah if this is the case, definitely makes me reevaluate the ending.

Could have been better overall, the android-swap is probably the best part.
>>
>>83388886
>tfw that would make better sense that the whole 'you killed Jesus' thing
Thanks Ridley Scott
>>
>>83388952

It's not the case. Literally nothing makes sense if it's Walter on that ship at the end
>>
>>83389032
Wrong. It makes sense if walter caused it all, which makes perfect sense if you had more braincells than an earthworm
>>
>>83389032
>Literally nothing makes sense if it's Walter on that ship at the end

Brainlet spotted.
>>
>>83389086

There was only one embryo ggs
>>
Did you guys stay till the end?

>David will return in the avengers
>>
>>83389086

Why would Walter pretend to be David up until sealing her into cryostasis.

Brainlet detected. Can't appreciate real kino so he has to pretend his shlock is deep.
>>
>>83388672
>>83388852
Who gives a shit, autists? It was cool seeing all the different varities of Xenomorph. Maybe the Spore simply has different properties than the classic Xenomorph? David creates the classic one near the end of the film and it's obviously different than the other ones.

No one is actually critiquing this film or what it talks about, ie the byron/shelley quotes which essentially boil down to rationalism and kindness vs the violent supremacy of the Xenomorph and David. You people are utter luddites.
>>
So did David always have xeno embryos stored in his throat, or did he swallow those along with trimming/styling his hair and ripping off his arm and changing clothes just after beating walter and racing toward the spaceship?
>>
>>83389032
Don't tell me that by "nothing makes sense" you meant "BUT HOW DOES DAVID FINISH DEVELOPING XENOMORPH AND CRASHDONUT SHIP ON LV-426 IF HE'S NOT ON THE SHIP"
>>
>>83389193
>brainlet can't even get the names or events right

Kek
>>
>>83389230
Walter brought them to the surface
>>
>>83389211
>No one is actually critiquing this film or what it talks about, ie the byron/shelley quotes which essentially boil down to rationalism and kindness vs the violent supremacy of the Xenomorph and David. You people are utter luddites.

Because sink deep biblical and philosophical metaphors aren't worth discussion just like they weren't in BvS.
>>
>>83389230

It's pretty retarded regardless of who it was in the end. But I'd say David finding his eggs and swallowing them before running to the ship makes more sense than Walter puking up the egg (singular), finding somewhere to infect and clone it and then catching up.
>>
>>83387493
>Look at my big epeen, I can watch a shitty telesynch of a movie I've been bitching about for the past week HAHA!!
>>
>>83389211
Well if Nintendo/Sony shill on /v/, and Hilldog/CTR shill on /pol/, it only stands to reason that there'd be shills on /tv/ too. Seeing the same canned stock replies over and over against regarding Alien Covenant. wtf, I love shit-tier slasher flicks that try to pass themselves off as philosophical 2deep4u kino now.
>>
>>83389392
Walter had access to all the eggs.

Either way many events were happening off screen. He could have grabbed a few
>>
>>83389211
It's funny how all the pseudo intellectual bull shit in these kind of movies are merely tacked on in the dialogue
>>
>>83389392
>just got done with a hand to hand robots fight to the death
>look in a jar
>OOOOOOO eggs perfectly sized that goes in the ship incubator!
>gulp
>>
>>83389425

So your logic is that literally anything that would point to it being Walter at the end happens off-screen.

BRA-FUCKING-VO RIDLEY
>>
Seriously, memes and shitposting aside.
What's more believable.
A) David, being android and shit, has all the standard ports, container sizes and specifications for WY equipment in his head and simply knows on subconscious level which size the sack should be. Not with the malicious intent to catch a colony ship, sneak in as their android and put it in their freezer, but just because he knows it's a standard size and he's an autistic android.
b) Walther grabbed a few perfectly fine embryos to contaminate them with an alien lifeform because he's already (like ash) influenced by secret corporate protocol.

Anyway, there are questions. Where did David get those transparent hard sacks? Where did Walther get those tiny baby facehuggers?
>>
>>83389510
The swap/non swap happened off screen, brainlet.

Better than your teleporting embryo theory.
>>
>>83389515
>influenced by secret corporate protocol.
Why didn't he remember the log cabin?
Why does obeying the secret Omnicorp directive magically make Walter take on David's accent?

I'm not saying either makes any sense. Because none of it makes any goddamn sense at all
>>
>>83389515
I think walter infected the eggs, and bam, human babby becomes album babby.
>>
>>83389600
>Why didn't he remember the log cabin?

Oh, he remembered. That smile told all. He just knew there would be no log cabin.
>>
>>83389515

The thing that bothers me there is that Walter would have had zero reason to believe the lifeform was on that planet. They didn't know Shaw and David had crashed there.

And it still bothers me that Walter would seal Dani into cryostasis, pretend to forget about the cabin and then pretend to be David just to SPOOP HER GOOD.
>>
>>83382640
Only the most reprehensible of faggot nerds care about the lore.
>>
>>83389655
>The thing that bothers me there is that Walter would have had zero reason to believe the lifeform was on that planet.

>>he believes in the magic signal that happened to get to the helmet but not to the ship a tiny (space wise) distance away.

You got played by Walter. You killed your crew. Congrats. You lose.
>>
>xenomorphs are the perfect lifeform?
Explain this shit to me.

Xenomorph lifecycle:
egg > facehugger > human host > chestburster > molting/shedding > finally get a dangerous xenomorph
OR
Neomorph lifecycle:
inhaled evil pollen > 10 minutes later > neomorph already capable of tearing humans apart while also being able to take shotgun blasts to the face

How the FUCK is the neomorph not superior in every way?
>>
>>83389600
>Why didn't he remember the log cabin?
I need to rewatch it with this new theory in mind, it could be just "cabin? that's not where we're going sweetie :^)"

>magically make Walter take on David's accent?
He kinda digs David after they hanged out together. Sure, they were enemies in the end, but it's an android thing. So, he thinks David is a cool rebel.

>MOOOM CALL ME DAVID NOW! DAVID LIKE IN MICHAELANGELO'S DAVID! WALTER IS A RETARDED NAME ANYWAY! HUMANS ARE STUPID!

>I'LL BE IN MY ROOM, CREATING THINGS! YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND, MOM! YOU'RE STUPID

> MOM, I'M GONNA HAVE A COOL LONG HAIR FROM NOW ON, LIKE DAVID HAD!
>>
>>83389733
>>83387715

At that point you're ignoring ancillary things the movie tells you to be true, never gives you a reason to disbelieve and never brings up again to fit a fan theory.

>>83389787

Because Ridley doesn't give a shit about this movie or this franchise. Alternatively, because you can't grow the plants anywhere.
>>
>>83389733
Okay but if Walter aad David wanted the same thing then why did they kill each other?
>>
>>83381962
>promising a back to basics Alien but it was just more Prometheus
>they give you nearly the same exact scenes as the first film
Pick one.
>>
>>83389849
Oh, and also

>MOM, THIS IS THE COOL NEW MUSIC, IT'S CALLED WAGNER, YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT CREATIVE LIKE ME AND DAVID! JUST TURN IT LOUDER MOM!
>>
>>83389865
>the movie

You mean walter. A weyland android. He told is. You know, those androids that always fucked everything. He did. Ash told us things too..

Really gets those neurons firing.
>>
File: but why.gif (4MB, 581x327px) Image search: [Google]
but why.gif
4MB, 581x327px
>all this nu-alien bullshit
>still no xenomorph queen

Was it alzheimer's?
>>
>>83389898
David sperged after Walter BTFO about Ozymandias and being superior.
>>
>>83389898

Stop pointing out holes in their theory b-b-brainlet. Can we realize they're shitposting now and get back to talking about the actual movie?
>>
>>83389899

Frankenstein-ing scenes from the original into a Prometheus movie doesn't make it like the original. Do you really have to be this obtuse? There's enough shitposting going on.
>>
>>83389994
So wait Walter killed David because he was wrong about art and an inferior model, but at the same time he was so enamored by David that he literally stole his name and pretended to be him. What?
>>
>>83389898
literally W H A T?
Walter was a corporate puppet programmed to bring back samples of potential bioweapons, David was a free thinker that wanted to create his own life.
>>
>>83390106
Walter just defended himself. David was going to maroon them by killing all the humans. Nobody is going to rescue a bot.
>>
>>83390118

Yet that's the opposite of what "Walter" is doing...
>>
>>83390118
So Weyland-Yuntani knew where the Promethean homeworld was. Told Walter where it was, what to expect, and that just in case if he sees any rogue androids to kill them? Even if they both wanted the exact same thing?

>>83390156
Why didn't Walter like pull him aside and whisper "yo we're on the same team" I mean that's what David tried to do. Why didn't they both sneak up there?
>>
File: crew.jpg (331KB, 1980x1122px) Image search: [Google]
crew.jpg
331KB, 1980x1122px
>>83382295
How did the big black guy die?
>>
>>83390258
Because David had a mind of his own, that's very clear.

>why didn't they sneak onto a small rescue ship

Brainlets man....
>>
>>83389655
>The thing that bothers me there is that Walter would have had zero reason to believe the lifeform was on that planet. They didn't know Shaw and David had crashed there.
He might have been triggered by Naomi Rapeface's voice when they deciphered the message. That's all he needs to know. Voice of one of the lost Prometheus crewmembers on another planet = something fishy = full corporate kike shill mode, better gulp some of those babbies just in case. Walter didn't even need to tell them he recognized her. Or, maybe, he deciphered more than that in the message.

>And it still bothers me that Walter would seal Dani into cryostasis, pretend to forget about the cabin
He didn't forget, he was reluctant on speaking about something that's clearly not going to happen now.
>and then pretend to be David just to SPOOP HER GOOD.
Because David is cool and Walter wants to be like him when he grows up. Making his own flute music, going wherever he wants and splicing alien species left and right.
>>
>>83390305
He gets jumped by the xeno when the other dude gets his face burnt towards the end.
>>
>>83390258
>Even if they both wanted the exact same thing?
Did David want to bring alien species to earth and hand it to Weyland-Yutani execs? Did he?
>>
>>83390320
Aha, yep, you are quite correct.

One of the issues of the movie is that you really don't get to know them before they die. which lessens the impact.

For example, even if she was the lambert "OMG we are going to die!!" and dies by her own mistakes, Tennessee wife had a lot more impact then most of the cast deaths, at least for me.
>>
File: lucasfuckoff.png (114KB, 225x207px) Image search: [Google]
lucasfuckoff.png
114KB, 225x207px
>>83381962
>There's no way Ridley wasn't just another George Lucas on Alien and Blade Runner with people behind the scenes limiting his retardation.
Why doesn't anyone ever read anything about GL before making this claim.
It's a straight up lie, he was the master of THX, American Graffiti, and A New Hope as much as he was the master of the PT. (other than dumb shit like the studio cutting 2 minutes out of his first two movies just to fuck with him).

Hell, Spielberg helped with RotS, he had a co-writer for AotC, and Carrie Fisher did uncredited polishes on bits George sent her way.

Lucas didn't change at all. Always the same guy with the same level of involvement with his films.

That's why the PT is just as good as his first 3 films.
>>
>>83390307
But why is David having a mind of his own a big deal?

>sneak onto a small rescue ship
I meant Walter could have vetted David.

>>83390359
I don't know Walter murdered him before we could ever figure that out.
>>
File: 1495575618922.jpg (438KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1495575618922.jpg
438KB, 1920x1080px
I liked it.
/tv/ is a cesspit of pseuds who think that being mini-Plinketts makes them smart.
>>
>>83390520
>>Did David want to bring alien species to earth and hand it to Weyland-Yutani execs? Did he?
>I don't know Walter murdered him before we could ever figure that out.
t. headlet.
>>
>>83390586
I'm sorry I'm such a brainlet anon :(
>>
>>83390083
>Frankenstein-ing scenes from the original into a Prometheus movie doesn't make it like the original.
Now who's being obtuse? Of course it makes it like the original. Not the same, obviously, and not as good, clearly.
But this film is the result of fans telling Scott they hated Prometheus because it was too different from Alien.

Putting shit from the original in this film, no matter how poorly handled, absolutely does make it more like the original than Prometheus was. That's not even debatable.

This movie wasn't great, first to agree with you there, but it wasn't "just more Prometheus". They kept the bare minimum connection to Prometheus so that this would make sense as a sequel (though obviously Scott didn't give two shits about it making sense with regard to the other films in the franchise that he didn't direct), and the rest was as close to an Alien film as he was able to do with the state of the modern horror genre.
>>
I liked the movie but I think this movie did either a very poor job of displaying passage of time, or they actually had little regard for the continuity of time.
Like the neomorph actually a fairly reasonable amount of time to develop. The pair break off early, and then the guy gets infected. The thing actually pops when the other group is nearly back (I think), and it has become dark (and we don't even know how long the days and nights on the planet are). The other group had to walk the rest of the way there, dick around inside the ship, and then walk all the way back by the time it's ready to pop. A fair amount of time has passed, but the movie really doesn't display it well. Same with the chest bursters, its still a little quick either way, but by the time the climax happens it's dawn, so again a considerable amount of time must have passed.
Writing actually this makes me wonder how much got pruned off to make the movie under two hours.
>>
>>83382295
>Jesus gets killed first and in the most painful way

Subtle, Ridley, very subtle
>>
Man I'm a hardcore Ayylmao fan despite only really loving the first film and Isolation. So I feel for the fan theories. But I've given up on Ridley and the franchise at this point and this sounds way too farfetched to be true, leaving far too many plotholes.

Just the single egg vs. two egg thing alone is a big one. You can do things off-screen but you can't do something on-screen then say yeah he went back off-screen and did it again, with no evidence or implication. It's just poor writing.

So either it's just a really average movie in a shit franchise or it's trying to be a better movie than it is and its shit writing brings it down.
>>
>>83390716
>Just the single egg vs. two egg thing alone is a big one. You can do things off-screen but you can't do something on-screen then say yeah he went back off-screen and did it again, with no evidence or implication. It's just poor writing.
You are retarded.
You are conflating /tv/ fanfiction with the events of the film.
The android at the end WAS NOT Walter, it was David.
>>
>>83390520
>But why is David having a mind of his own a big deal?

Nigga, it's no surprise you dont get it.
>>
>>83390760
>The android at the end WAS NOT Walter, it was David.

Kek, he thinks he knows.
>>
>>83390760
>The android at the end WAS NOT Walter, it was David

That's literally what I'm saying in that post, anon.

I'm saying that IF /tv/'s theory is true it's awfully executed because as I said showing Walter interact with one fucked up egg and never again then saying he went back off screen to grab more eggs is abhorrent writing.
>>
Complain all you fucks want I don't think a movie has provoked as much discussion since BvS.
>>
>>83389976
Ridley Scott is butthurt about Aliens and doesn't consider the queen canon. Apparently reducing xenomorphs to a hive of bugs is an insult to the Alien mythos, but making them the lab experiment of a human-made android like 20 years before Alien is A-OK.
>>
>>83390851
Oh. Well, I guess i'm saying that this dumb /tv/ theory has nothing at all in the film to support it.
>>
>>83390906
>but making them the lab experiment of a human-made android like 20 years before Alien is A-OK.
I don't see the issue.
I don't get the whole "it should be a mystery" thing.
>>
File: 1484375411440.gif (826KB, 328x366px) Image search: [Google]
1484375411440.gif
826KB, 328x366px
How hard did you roll your eyes when the ugly dyke called the xeno 'bitch'?

I almost threw my popcorn to the screen.
>>
>>83390950
?
What was bad about it?
It was less cheesy than Sigourney's delivery.
>>
>>83390906
That really rustles my jimmies. People have their differences over when is better between Alien and Aliens, but everyone agrees that these are the only two good Alien movies, period. To spit on Aliens like that just reeks of petty jealousy.
>>
>>83390779
I don't see why it was a big deal for Walter if they both wanted to take an Alien back on to the ship. You think it would be easier with the two of them working together. Then if David was still a problem Walter can kill him. The timing is off. Walter does not kill David when he finds out David is rogue. He tries to kill him after he attacks the main character (can't even remember her name).
>>
>>83390989
>but everyone agrees that these are the only two good Alien movies, period.
No?
Alien3 Assembly is excellent. Easily good enough to cap off the trilogy.
Resurrection jumped the shark but is still very entertaining.
Only the AVP movies are truly awful.
>>
>>83390988
>>83390950
It doesn't even make sense in context. Ripley called it a bitch because it was the QUEEN alien.
>>
>>83391040
You don't call people you don't like bitches?
>>
>>83391011
>if they both wanted to take an Alien back on to the ship.

Nigga....
>>
>>83391027
Alien3 Assembly is excellent. Easily good enough to cap off the trilogy.
Resurrection jumped the shark but is still very entertaining.

Get a load of this pleb. I bet you make sure to go out and watch every bit of capeshit too
>>
>>83390640
>as close to an Alien film as he was able to do with the state of the modern horror genre.

This is what makes the film so pathetic. Ridley lost all creative drive and is just phoning it. He could make something great but he just regurgitates old scenes in a new hyperactive way. Covenant is one of the most depressing films I've seen in recent years.
>>
>>83391071
forgot your meme arrows my phoneposting friend
>>
>>83390988
kys
it was a terrible delivery, a stupid gratuitous reference, and Ripley's line is fucking iconic
>>
>>83391085
Covenant was good though.
>>
>>83391069
Wouldn't David want that? He wanted to infect as many people as possible.
>>
>>83391109
ok bud
>>
>>83391050
Not random drone aliens, no.

In Aliens, the whole theme of the movie was maternity. Ripley becomes the surrogate mother of Newt. The Queen is obviously the mother of the xenomorphs.
>>
>>83391138
Bitch is a generic insult, functionally.
You are a pedant.
>>
>>83390989
It also begs the question of WHERE THE GOD DAMN EGGS COME FROM which is still unanswered in Ridley Scotts headcanon 38 years later. Is David just cooking them all up himself with Shaw's ovaries decades after Covenant? That whole cargo hold of them, that somehow ended up in an engineer's possession at some point?
>>
>>83391166
>WHERE THE GOD DAMN EGGS COME FROM
David explained this to Doctor Manhattan.
>>
>>83390929

Because it started out as a horror franchise. The more you know about something scary the less so it becomes.

The most unsettling scene in the film imo is the Neomorph staring into David's eyes unmoving because we knew nothing about this new organism and its behavior.

When we've got enough information on it to create a wikipedia page it loses its mystique. That's why you generally see people say the best horror monsters are the ones that show very little and leave it up to your imagination (Which the first Alien largely did).
>>
>>83391131
David wanted to play God on his planet. That's it. He got more hosts. That's all he wanted.
>>
>>83390874

Far more thoughtful conversation has come out of Covenant, BVS was just people arguing if it was just regular terrible or fucking terrible.
>>
>>83391217
The original Alien film is not scary at all though.
I enjoyed it for the atmosphere and visuals.

None of the Alien films are remotely frightening.
>>
File: Worksafe.jpg (96KB, 608x800px) Image search: [Google]
Worksafe.jpg
96KB, 608x800px
>>83391232
agreed
>>
>>83391232
BvS was very good though.
>>
>>83391266
Name a scary movie then.
>>
>>83390989

I would understand Ridley more if he came back and actually made a good continuation of Alien (Like the game Alien: Isolation) but he basically did the same damage to Alien as Aliens did so it's a wash. Prometheus/Covenant and Aliens both lose the magic that made Alien so special on every level of filmmaking.

Only difference is you can watch Aliens and separate it from Alien as a good action film. Prometheus and Covenant aren't good when removed from the original.
>>
>>83391295
I have an annoying feeling that people won't take me at my word here, but "Signs" scared me much more than Alien.
>>
>>83391225
>That's all he wanted.

Oh yeah, after presumably wiping out that entire planet and most of the crew he was satisfied. He wouldn't be interested in the 2000 colonists and a way to get to even more human hosts via a spaceship. David just wanted one genocide. Makes sense to me.
>>
>>83391328
Kek.

You like suspense then. But that's still hilarious anon.
>>
>>83391315
Prometheus most certainly is. And Covenant is better than half of Alien's sequels/movies in the franchise.
>>
What was the point of James franco
>>
>>83391367
Because Franco is based.
>>
>>83391338
>Makes sense to me.

*sigh* it never will then anon. It never will.
>>
File: Sensible chuckle.png (353KB, 685x367px) Image search: [Google]
Sensible chuckle.png
353KB, 685x367px
>>83391328
Think you are a suspense fan more then a horror fan, but that is okay.

I enjoyed the new movie, shame it will be the last one most likely for a while.
>>
>>83391315
>(Like the game Alien: Isolation)
*backtracks* *opens door* *backtracks*
>>
>>83391367

It was a pleasure to burn.
>>
>>83391381
I'm sorry I'm not as advanced as you shitposter-kun
>>
>>83391315
>Prometheus and Covenant aren't good when removed from the original.
Will disagree on Prometheus. It a good film, and it still good without the alien stuff (In fact, the weakest points ARE the alien stuff.)

and Covenant depends much more on Prometheus then Alien.
>>
File: 1495583092724.jpg (295KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1495583092724.jpg
295KB, 1920x1080px
>>83391393
As much as I like Isolation, I am unsure it would make agood movie.
>>
File: mO507pv[1].jpg (255KB, 1608x1231px) Image search: [Google]
mO507pv[1].jpg
255KB, 1608x1231px
>>83391117

It's cool that you liked it anon but it's just not what I'm looking for in an Alien movie unfortunately. I got to see Alien in RPX on Alien Day a couple weeks back and man it just holds up so beautifully. It's near perfect to me on every level of filmmaking. Nothing in Covenant speaks to me on the level of the opening shot of Alien panning around the ship.

Alien was a beautiful work of restriction and passion. Covenant is an exercise in excess. It takes the purposeful decisions made in Alien and bastardizes them into a frankenstein that is all about bigger and more more more! That's largely the problem I had with Aliens as well, Cameron took everything from Alien and just made it bigger or added more. That's what happens when something blows up into a blockbuster though. The artistry is lost. Nobody believes this is actually a passion project for Ridley anymore.
>>
>>83391232
>Far more thoughtful conversation
>One side shuts down any mention of plotholes in the theories by calling them brainlets and refusing to engage in conversation
>>
>>83391367
Because Ridley Scott is a closet nazi and likes watching kikes get incinerated?
>>
>>83391490
Pretty much what /lit/ is like
>>
>>83391490
What are the great potholes in Covenant?

That someone didn't exactly act like you think you would in a stressful situation?
>>
>>83391450
What you've told me is true- from a certain point of view.

On the other hand, Alien wasn't the film that it was because they wanted it like that, it was like that due to technical limitations.

I for one enjoy filmmakers using tech to it's full ability, and Covenant wasn't a in a fucking holding pattern of technology like, say, TFA was.

Practical effects are extremely and unbelievably overrated.

Less CAN be more, but more can be more as well.
>>
>>83389666
>>83382640
Why do some many people seem to shit on caring about lore in these threads? I'm not a crazy sci. fi. fan or even an alien fan and I can appreciate making something that doesn't shit all over the original film or require a complete suspension of logic. Why does everything have to be like a superhero movie in which nothing makes sense and the plot is pushed forward by what is essentially magic?
>>
>>83391367

I was waiting for him to come back somehow so I could be pissed because I knew there was no way they'd waste an actor with a name like that on literally a five second scene in the beginning of the movie.

And then the madman actually did it.

James Franco got five seconds of screentime and was killed off.

Danny McBride survived the whole fucking movie.
>>
>>83391530
Because saying that the original Alien series has "Lore" is a fucking joke.
Alien is not a cohesive series. Every movie just made up its own shit.
>>
>>83391490
>ask pedantic questions
>mad you are called a brainlet

All reasonable non retarded questions were engaged in this thread.
>>
>>83391520
Not the guy your responding too I think he means holes in the David/Walter theory.

Though there are issues especially in the passage of time, and how David was able to accomplish everything he did.
>>
>>83391525
>it was like that due to technical limitations.
>I for one enjoy filmmakers using tech to it's full ability

This is what Alien was though. When filmmakers weren't given a blank check and limitless possibilities it required them to get creative and push technology to its boundaries. This isn't even necessarily about practical effects. Just the camerawork is like night and day. Every shot in Alien is deliberately placed and adds to a greater picture. Covenant is jumpy and shlocky feeling like any other horror/action movie that would come out today.

Alien had an indelible mark left by the people who worked on it. Even Prometheus somewhat felt like it had a real passion behind it.

Covenant doesn't. It's manufactured and dishonest. Here's to hoping for the next 4 films since I know I'll be a cuck and go see them.
>>
>>83391575

Yes but part of Ridley's hateboner for the Alien sequels were that they shit over his established concepts.

He the proceeds to disregard and shit on those same established concepts.

Basically "You can't fuck up my lore! Only I can fuck up my lore!"
>>
>>83391628
Not going to disagree that the hardest part to bridge.

(And might work better if it really was walter who david convinced to rule instead of serve.)

But I am not going to call that a "Major plothole" - just something that was left unexplained annoyingly on what exactly happened to walter.
>>
>>83391713
>Alien had an indelible mark left by the people who worked on it. Even Prometheus somewhat felt like it had a real passion behind it.
>Covenant doesn't. It's manufactured and dishonest.
If Covenant feels that way to you, it's because Ridley caved to the babies that whine about Prometheus.
>>
>>83391530
Because shitposters on /tv/ like to pretend to enjoy popular movies that aren't well received by the masses or critics and back it up by making up deeper themes that have no support in the actual films. See: BvS. While there are people who legitimately enjoy these movies it's clear many people get their kicks by decrying everyone who doesn't agree with their fabricated narrative a "brainlet". Using actual plot points and pieces of dialogue makes you a try hard nerd. It's the same shit in a different package.
>>
>>83391745
Not seeing how he fucked it up.
>>
>>83391520

This poster >>83391628 was right in that I was talking about the fantheory. But there's also some pretty shitty smaller ones like >>83382640 mentioned that contradicts established things and as the previous poster said the passage of time is bent at will to service the plot.
>>
>>83391824

I agree but I also feel like it seems a bit petty and vindictive. Either that or Ridley is a hack. And looking at pretty much everything he's done after a certain point, that's very possible.

But the film just feels like "Fuck you guys I'm gonna finish my Prometheus stuff and make the Alien stuff as shitty as possible to spite you."

At that point I'd have preferred just another Prometheus.
>>
>>83391898
>At that point I'd have preferred just another Prometheus.
You're the hack if you say that like Prometheus wasn't a good/great film.
I was so baffled when I found out that Prometheus wasn't being received glowingly.

>muh not running sideways
>muh stupid scientists
Who gives a fuck?
>>
>>83391942
>Who gives a fuck?

People who want a believable narrative.
>>
>>83391824
>Ridley caved to the babies that whine about Prometheus.

Kinda a bummer desu. I wanted an OG Alien style film but I did enjoy Prometheus still. Unfortunately it felt like a lot of the gravitas and metaphor is so stringy and weak in Covenant because it needs to hamfist slasher tropes in there.

Once David is on screen everything about him was the best part of the movie. And his conversations with Walter were great and I wish we could have had that slower pacing of Prometheus to really dig into things. There were supposed to be all these Paradise Lost and biblical metaphors and allusions and outside of brief mentions it feels like we never got to go that far.
>>
>>83391942
You can get away with one or two or even three of all the little dumb things characters do in the movie, but they ass up fast and too many of them simply aren't believable.
>>
>>83391713
>Even Prometheus somewhat felt like it had a real passion behind it.

I couldn't agree more and I've been saying it for years. Everyone involved outside of that fucker from lost that wrote it was absolutely thrilled to be working on a prequel to Alien with Ridley at the helm.

The visuals, designs, CGI, music, most of the acting, everything was on fucking point because everyone involved saw it as a passion project.

Only tangentially related, but the only music that stood out to me in Covenant was when they reused the Prometheus theme.
>>
>>83391967
>>83391997
That's what i'm saying though. Atmosphere is the appeal of Sci-Fi. Not characters.
>>
>>83392015
The Prometheus theme is truly excellent.
Took the movie from a 7/10 to a 9/10.
>>
>>83392023
There are plenty of Sci-fi movies that have good atmosphere and a strong narrative. If somebody wants both it's not unreasonable.
>>
>>83391989
He filmed a lot more than what ended up in the movie.
Maybe we'll see a director's cut.
>>
>>83391942

I really liked Prometheus. It had its flaws. The characters being assholes yes is one of them. And I wouldn't have minded another Prometheus styled film at all. I'm simply saying with Alien as one of my favorite films of all time I really wanted to see what Ridley could do going back to that.

At the same time I do recognize that that story was told. With as big as Alien is at this point idk if you can scale it back down to its slasher roots of helpless people trapped in a small place with the xeno.

My biggest disappointment really stems from the fact that Covenant just feels like a half-asses effort on both. Every part meant to invoke Alien was forced and unoriginal and it got to the point that even the Prometheus parts were affected.

Truth be told Prometheus was good enough sci-fi to stand on its own and I wish it wasn't tied to the Alien franchise.
>>
>>83392088
>Ridley pulls a Kingdom of Heaven and drops a 10/10 directors cut.
I really really hope so.
>>
>>83382327
THIS

I was wondering who that literally who guy was when he died I was like... who just fucking died there???
>>
>>83392082
I think Prometheus had a very interesting narrative.
But no, it's shit because it doesn't explain anything and muh lindelof blah blah blah.

The movie had me hooked from the opening Engineer scene, and followed through nicely, culminating in learning a bit about them while still leaving a lot to think about.
>>
File: zdumiewajÄ…cy.webm (3MB, 1200x500px) Image search: [Google]
zdumiewajÄ…cy.webm
3MB, 1200x500px
>>83392015
I too have been saying for years Prometheus is a great film.
>>
>>83392015

It's really weird. Visually, Prometheus was stunning to me and I never caught it in theaters I watched it later on my laptop. But everything from ship interiors to the actual landscape and costume design was great. It didn't really gel for me with the retro futuristic look of the original Alien but I didn't mind all that much.

Covenant takes place ten years later and feels weirdly cheaper and uglier.
>>
>>83385697
>Character doesnt trust evil dude and kills his pet and threatens evil dudes life at gunpoint

>character then trusts evil dude enough to go alone into a dark basement with shady as fuck pulsating biological organisms
>>
>>83392173
>I too have been saying for years
Yes we know. You're the persistent shill who's been here for the last 3 fucking years trying to convince everyone that the shitshow called Prometheus is actuall kino, and everyone who disagrees with you is a brainlet who just doesn't "get" this 2deep4u masterpiece.

Fuck off, pawel. You have shit taste. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it.
>>
>>83392100
>Truth be told Prometheus was good enough sci-fi to stand on its own and I wish it wasn't tied to the Alien franchise.
I didn't agree until I saw Covenant.
I liked it, but I REALLY Wanted a proper sequel to Prometheus.
The engineer/paradise stuff being so thoughtlessly dealt with in Covenant made me sad.

I'm holding out hope that we get a reverse situation where Ridley sees that people didn't like some stuff about Covenant and goes back in the Prometheus direction, just like he did this time, except next time listen to the RIGHT whiners.
He seems fickle enough to do it.
>>
>>83392195

I've always explained that in my mind that Prometheus is a top of the line research/discovery vessel that has the CEO of a multi-trillion dollar company onboard.

The Nostromo is in turn essentially a space freighter.
>>
>>83392248
Not him, but I love Prometheus.
>>
>>83392255

Ain't nobody worried about the bonus situation on the prometheus.
>>
>>83392275
Yeah, it's a great parody/comedy
>>
File: Shame she crazy liberal.webm (2MB, 1200x500px) Image search: [Google]
Shame she crazy liberal.webm
2MB, 1200x500px
>>83392248
Anon, you must be mistaking me for someone else, I just mostly post in the webm threads.

I enjoyed Prometheus, and you can kindly fuck off.
>>
>>83392308
Nah. Sorry that you're a husk of a person.
>>
>>83392317
>wheat
2deep
>>
>>83382439
>they probably could have made it more ambiguous whether or not it was David or Walter
this would have been good.
>>
>>83392255
Yeah I really don't think it's unbelievable that a ship meant for the personal use of the company president wouldn't essentially be an interstellar sports car, while the space truckers even a hundred years later would be stuck with functionality over style.
>>
>>83392162
I also think Prometheus has an interesting narrative. But I feel like it fails to execute. In my eyes the characters are the linchpin of a story. They take you though it and usually form the emotional connection. In Prometheus the characters don't act like real people should and it takes me out of the movie. I wasn't trying to find plot holes I could just never get into the movie because my emotional anchor (the characters) failed to convince me. But I get that
some people get more invested in visuals, or ideas than characters. I'm just not one of those people. But I don't think it's fair to say that my perspective doesn't matter because of that.
>>
File: Finger.webm (3MB, 1200x500px) Image search: [Google]
Finger.webm
3MB, 1200x500px
I will say this, Making Prometheus unattached to the alien movies and keeping the 2nd movie as paradise lost would have been a better movie.

But without the alien connection there would be no funding.
>>
>>83392252

I don't even know what Ridley's mindset could be at this point. Covenant feels like such a bitter rejection of everything he built up with Prometheus. He quite literally nukes all the lore he had just built up in the last movie.
>>
>>83392389
You're not emotionally stunted enough to enjoy movies like Prometheus where the characters aren't the draw.
Maybe suck on a few batteries and come back to it.
>>
>>83392255

Yeah I've long since accepted the technology disparity. I'm mainly talking about just from an out of universe filmmaking perspective, Covenant feels like a much uglier film. It lacks the jaw dropping visual appeal Prometheus had for me.
>>
>>83392400

It's introspective and detailed shots like this that elevate Prometheus far beyond anything Covenant does.

That little detail of the Weyland logo on David's finger, fuck.
>>
>>83392444
I don't need the characters to be the draw. I just need them to not suck. See the difference?
>>
>>83384450

Covenant is way better than Prometheus.
>>
so why did david genocide the founders
>>
>>83392422
I think it's as simple as him seeing that the loudest whiners were the ones he could hear, and they told him that Prometheus needed muh Xeno and less philosophical/big question stuff.
So he caved.

There is a back coming out later this year that details the events in between the two films by Alan Dean Foster...
>>
>>83392162
>>83392389

it had some good bits with David slowly learning to be human while he was alone maintaining the crew in stasis, and how he grew to resent humans because they didnt respect him or give him a purpose beyond using him as a means to an end. And also the parts about how shaw always wanted a baby and was infertile and the one time she finally got pregnant it was due to David (a machine's) design and he intended to use shaw as a hollow means to an end just as he was used by humanity.

all the movie needed to do was to explore these two characters more and drop all the bloody references to ALIEN and this could have been a really haunting and visceral look at evolution, creation and parenthood
>>
>>83392400
>But without the alien connection there would be no funding.

fuck this gay earth and its sequel driven film industry
>>
>>83392444
inb4 brainlet
inb4 2deep4u

my my, how persistent you have been after all these years.
>>
Why is it so hard for movies to get female protagonists right?

The original Alien and Wonder Woman are about the only ones to make it work desu
>>
File: Nice user Interface.webm (3MB, 900x274px) Image search: [Google]
Nice user Interface.webm
3MB, 900x274px
>>83392478
Will agree that Covenant didn't have that "wow' factor.

Prometheus really was stunning in 3d.
>>
>>83392501
No.
I liked the characters. Shaw, David, Theron, Weyland, the Captain, and even Holloway seemed engaging to me.
>>
>>83392524
It was excellent as is though.
I've noticed that nothing is ever above scathing criticism from /tv/.
>>
>>83392544
ur creepy
>>
>>83391266
Back when it came out it was very scary
>>
>>83381962

Ridley Sott didn't write the script for Alien. The only thing he contributed was his admitedly well disciplined directing. But without a good script it would have been just as bad as Promtheus.

Any time he has any input on the script, he produces garbage. Always has.
>>
>>83392640
But Prometheus wasn't bad.
>>
>>83392524
>all the movie needed to do was to explore these two characters more and drop all the bloody references to ALIEN and this could have been a really haunting and visceral look at evolution, creation and parenthood

I agree I felt the same about the Force Awakens. I liked all the new stuff but the hammy call backs to the original trilogy stopped it from becoming it's own movie.

>>83392574
I really only cared about David and Shaw (somewhat). They only make up 5% of the cast.
>>
>>83392522
The issue is that you can't do half-measures.

Whether or not Scott should've made his prequel directly tied to Alien is one matter. But after he already chose a path with Prometheus, he needed to stay the course. Backpedaling after you've already staked out a direction just ends up being even worse, because you simultaneously wasted our time with Prometheus not actually building up to any of the things it was set to, and it also just gave way to a half-assed bolted-on xenomorph plot.

It's like if there are two routes you can take to get somewhere, and Ridley decides to take a longer path, but then halfway along that path, decides to turn around and go back and use the other path instead. That didn't help. It just compounded the problem.
>>
>Mixed race brown-fu is the first to die
>Danny McBride's neckbearded ass survives the entire movie

Ridley is still pissed at us isn't he
>>
>>83392651
>They only make up 5% of the cast.
They are the main characters you imbecile.
>>
>>83385165
It couldn't have been Walter. Walter has magic healing powers. David doesn't. not!Shaw had to patch up the android's facial damage. Ergo, you're a moron.
>>
Also I will say.

I liked Tennesee's wife, she was one of the few random mooks that deaths had impact for me. Which was for me the biggest flaw of the new movie, not enough connection with the people before they died awfully to have a impact.

That or I realized that for some reason I find Amy Seimetz really hot for some reason.
>>
>>83392640
>bad as Promtheus.
But Prometheus wasn't a bad film.
>>
Alien > Prometheus > Ali3n > Aliens > Covenant > Resurrection

Feed me hate.
>>
>>83392654
I agree my dude, i'm just saying that if was a "damned if you do/don't" situation.
>>
>>83392670
Yes but a lot of the plot involves the side cast and their utter stupidity and shallowness. It fucks with whatever themes the movie is trying to develop. I can't be asked to think when there is a bunch of screaming retards in the foreground.
>>
>>83392766
Hmm. Seems like a personal issue. I had no problem with any of that.
>>
>>83392657
She was 2nd to die to be exact. As the marine guy dies giving birth to the backburster.
>>
>>83392774
Good for you anon.
>>
>>83387056
Prometheus had to be undone. Anything that was good about it, you got more of in Covenant.
>>
>>83392766
Shaw and david are at least 50% of the movie anon. Only Vickers has as much screentime as they do.
>>
>>83392670
true but together they only have 1/3 of the screentime. Too much is wasted on chill easy going black pilot, ice cold stronk womyn captain, punk and nerd comedy duo and hilarioulsy bad make up olde guy. Movie should have dropped those superfluous characters
>>
>>83392828
>50% of the movie anon

Well in that case 50% of the movie didn't do it for me. Not exactly a Sterling recommendation.
>>
>>83392778
I'll admit the spinal chord flopping out was a nice touch
>>
>>83392688

She was too stupid for me to have a connection. One of the most understated strengths of the original Alien is how long it takes to get going. You KNOW the cast by the time the shit starts hitting the fan. Down to passive aggressive payroll disputes. You can feel Lambert's cowardice. Ash's mysteriousness and Ripley's mistrust of him. Dallas' tiredness. Parker and Brett's Mugsy & Bugsy vibe as well as their lower class status among the crew. Kane is the only one that felt a bit underdone.

In Covenant you don't even learn everyone's name. I didn't figure out that Faris was McBride's wife until she was already dead because I thought the cute black haired one flying with him was supposed to be or that foreign acid face guy was gay and that blondey was his lover. It was just very unclear because nobody had personality and the only thing we were given about each character is they had a loved one with them and so that's why we should care about them. It's so cheap.
>>
>>83391575
>>83389666

Alien is purposely crafted in such a way as to invoke curiosity. Not a single entry in the franchise doesn't center around detective work.
Like it however you want to like it but if you're gonna pretend your surface-level enjoyment of a franchise that's 100% oriented around mystery, fear of the unknown, and sketchy science intrigue is somehow superior to the actual fandom's, you're one misguided, dumb-dumb poopoo fuck.
>>
>>83391444
It's literally just a blend of the first three. That's why it's tone and mood feels so right. You would probably need to do something more different with a new alien movie. Ridley's right to take it in a more sci-fi, worldbuilding direction. He just has terrible ideas.
>>
>>83392763
I disagree. Ridley should've stuck by his guns and followed through with the Prometheus sequel. Prometheus is a shit movie (not as bad as Covenant though) but it at least had potential in terms of setting up a great direct sequel. Which was then squandered.

Part of being a good director is having your own vision and not just doing something because you want to sell toys. He chose to do a tangential plot with Prometheus knowing damn well that people would complain about a lack of xenomorphs. He backpedaled. He flinched, and it all suffered for it.
>>
>>83392926
>fandom
>>
>>83392911
eh I liked her. I know she only had three scenes but when she was freaked out about taking on infected people and how she tried to quarantine the infected dude showed that she cared more about the success of the mission over saving an individuals life.

wished she stayed around longer
>>
>>83392927
>He just has terrible ideas.
I disagree.
>>
>>83392911
>One of the most understated strengths of the original Alien is how long it takes to get going.
Yeah so why repeat that?
We've already seen that.
I bet you liked TFA.
>>
>>83392952
>Prometheus is a shit movie
Nope. Good talk.
>>
>>83392778
>>83392688
This scene was intense and interesting to watch, but goddamn was it full fucking retard in every way possible. Even had not one but TWO banana-peel slips like a fucking looney tunes cartoon.
>>
>>83393019
I thought it was so damn cheeky that it actually worked.
>>
>>83393015
The only way Prometheus can be defended is by saying "well, at least it's not as bad as Covenant."

The only thing that the Prometheus Internet Defense Force has to fall back on is "muh visuals!" but pretty alien vistas don't make a fucking movie. Anyone that posts webms to say its a good movie is a 300% pleb.
>>
>>83392961

I think it's interesting you took it that way. When Ripley didn't let Kane, Dallas and Lambert in I took it as the safety of the crew being more important. But with Faris it felt more to me like she was just scared and out to save herself. I found it supremely hypocritical that she got spinebursted all over her face but locked brown girl in for contamination reasons.

>>83392998

It's character development you dumb faggot. I'm not asking for a retread of plotlines like TFA. I'm asking for well developed characters. It's not "repeating" anything. I don't care how they do it I just want good ones.
>>
File: wallpaper-92803.jpg (195KB, 1200x832px) Image search: [Google]
wallpaper-92803.jpg
195KB, 1200x832px
so which Giger's work will be referenced next?
>>
>>83392657
>Mixed race brown-fu is the first to die

Good. They're getting cocky anyway.
>>
>>83391520
How did Walter come back to life after being stabbed in the neck and going offline?

Where did the second xenomorph come from?

Why would the guy stick his head right in the scary looking egg?

Those are the only ones I can think of. Everything else is interally consistent. I'm not sure how the egg method of reproduction is in any way better or more of a reason for David to jizz his pants than the spore method.
>>
>>83392961
>how she tried to quarantine the infected dude showed that she cared more about the success of the mission over saving an individuals life.
But she failed to quarantine herself and then broke quarantine.
>>
>>83381962
And the shower scene sucked. A lot of potential to be brutal and scary yet it was chopped up and edited with no tension and bad effects.
At least she has nice tits.
>>
>>83393180
>People in the Theater going "ooooh"
At what time should I go watch a movie to be free of teenagers?
>>
>>83393204
Early morning.
>>
>>83393083
It was unbelievably retarded. Lock her in for containment reasons? THERE'S ALREADY BLOOD AND ALIEN GOO VOMIT ALL OVER THE TRANSPORT AND ON YOU. And then after she lets the mystery meat woman get mauled to death, she decides to break the quarantine ANYWAY and just walks right back into the room, presumably to "save" the woman you just decided to sacrifice 20 seconds earlier.

That and since there was LITERALLY ZERO CHARACTERIZATION FOR ANYONE IN THE MOVIE WHATSOEVER, it was impossible to connect or empathize with any of these flat cardboard cutout characters. Alien actually took its time setting up its cast and giving you an idea of what they're like. Just enough going on so that things like Ripley staunchly refusing to let Kane enter the ship have impact. It falls totally flat in Covenant.
>>
>>83392911
She wasn't stupid.
>She put the guy in quartine, she locked the doors, she begged for help, she tried and failed to deal with it to save her friend after the shit hit the fan.

It felt real, people are not superheros in real life.

>>83393019
>TWO banana-peel slips like a fucking looney tunes cartoon.
I actually liked that. It felt real. One of my brothers did time in Iraq (which sucked), and Afghanistan (which really sucked) as a guard. He had people slipped on blood like Tennessee wife did, even did the discharge.

In real life even trained people don't act like you think they will.
>>
>>83393097
>Technology upgrades. Probably rebooted or something. The weakness David has and targeted is no longer in Walter
>Assuming you're talking about the one that gets on the ship, acid-face got face hugged, that's how he got acid-faced.
>It was an allegory for the devil's temptation. The captain was a man of faith even though he knew David was the devil he was still tempted

And those aren't really plotholes regardless.
>>
>>83393233
Brilliant
>>
>>83393204

Matinee on a Tuesday apparently.

I went today. There was one other older guy alone in the back of the theater. A grandma and her grandchild and a dad and his son. That was it.
>>
>>83393245
I could understand slipping in blood, but with the other ridiculous circumstances of the scene (see >>83393234) it didn't come off as realistic. It just came off as self-parody. Like something you could set the Benny Hill theme to.
>>
>>83393097
>Where did the second xenomorph come from?
The gay guy got facehugged for a good 10-20 seconds before the black guy got it off him, thus the acid burn. Right before the Xeno killed the black guy in the temple.
>>83393097
>How did Walter come back to life after being stabbed in the neck and going offline?
Walter said "There has been changes since you were built." AKA - he wasn't totally offline and rebooted back up.

>>83393097
>Why would the guy stick his head right in the scary looking egg?
He had to know what david was up to, and figured the info would help save the reminder of his crew.

He was shown as being emotionally disconnected and a poor judge of threat throughout the movie.
>>
>>83393204

Alamo Drafthouse, go anytime you fucking want.
>>
>>83391713
>I know I'll be a cuck and go see them.

Just let it go, anon.
I haven't watched an Alien since going back to the first two when I was of torrenting age.
It's been about cheap thrills since Cameron took it and made it into Real World in Space with Explosions.

Star Wars is dead, Ghostbusters is dead, and Blade Runner has zero chance. Reboots simply cannot see proper execution in modern-day cucked Hollywood. They just don't have the guts.
>>
>>83392958
>niggers
>>
>>83393359
This is the sad truth. It's been a long time since a reboot has impressed me.
>>
>>83393245
>>83393324

It comes across especially bad when a group of engineers in the first Alien act more composed than a team trained in tactical assault rifle combat. I buy the fearful panic of Alien 1. I even buy GAME OVER MAN meltdown in Aliens. But the hysterics in Covenant were way too over the top.
>>
>>83393359
>Blade Runner has zero chance

Hey man, Villenueve hasn't fucked up yet. Prisoners, Sicario and Arrival were all phenomenal.

Frankly Arrival is more akin to what I wish we could have gotten out of the Alien franchise. It managed to keep that mystique really well.
>>
>>83393328
It didn't really develop it enough but the replacement captain was an interesting character. He didn't get to be captain when they set out because he couldn't make rational decisions, and he also states that he doesn't believe in coincidences.
He basically goes through the whole movie with a sort of mystical fatalism, that whatever happens is happening for a reason (why I think he wanted to go to the new planet, he had some vague sense it "was meant to be").
It could've been pretty neat but they don't do much with it.
>>
>>83393459
I agree
>>
>>83393459
oh shit Villenueve is directing the new Blade Runner?

I guess I'm gonna go see it then.
>>
>>83393518

He brought Deakins with him too, it's going to be the most kino scifi ever filmed.
>>
>>83393414
>tactical assault rifle combat
There was only like 5 that where trained - the girl screwing up was the pilot.

of the 5 trained - two died by spores, one died by Xeno, one died while washing herself, and the other guy was the 2nd chestburster.

Not sure you think that a pilot would be a trained in rifle combat.
>>
>>83393554
It's no wonder the trailer fucked me up so bad when I saw it on shrooms. The trippy visuals should have tipped me off that it was Villenueve. Do NOT see Alien Covenant on shrooms btw
>>
File: 9780340960196[1].jpg (26KB, 260x400px) Image search: [Google]
9780340960196[1].jpg
26KB, 260x400px
>>83393518

Guess what else he's doing?
>>
File: 1449182900539.jpg (72KB, 880x880px) Image search: [Google]
1449182900539.jpg
72KB, 880x880px
>>83393647
Radical
>>
>>83388672
Some bacteria can double their biomass every ten to twenty minutes. I'm sure some science fiction critters can match that rate.
>>
>>83394120

I don't think the plausibility is the issue so much as it is that it contradicts every movie before it including Ridley's own.
Thread posts: 384
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.