[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://comicbook.com/starwars/2017/ 05/29/lucasfilm-no-plans

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

http://comicbook.com/starwars/2017/05/29/lucasfilm-no-plans-for-episodes-viii-ix-after-the-force-awakens/
>yfw you realize there were no plans for a coherent story arc
>TFA was a complete rehash of A New Hope because Disney
>The new Star Wars movies will be as rambling and incoherent as Lost
>>
They're trying to mimic what George did back in the 70's and 80's. He didn't really know where to go with the plot and made some things up on the way.

Disney has no excuse. They had 6 movies and expanded universe content to work with.
>>
>>83379804
This could've been a good thing had it not been owned by fucking Disney. We know they won't be taking any risks and will be forcing diversity quotas so no plan means it's going to be a rehashed, clichéd and safe pile of steaming shit.
>>
They'll be as safe and plotted out by a committee as can be, they've got at least twelve people around a desk fitting it all together, it'll be as narratively complex as a child's pantomime.
>>
They'll just stick in whatever political movement is trending the week they write the script.
>>
>>83380214
They should insert a laugh track
>>
>>83379933
You're wrong he had layouts for large stories but he lacked resources. Disney is in the exact opposite situation. They have almost unlimited resources yet they're completely bankrupt in the creative department, forced to resort to social engineering and minority pandering to create buzz.
>>
>>83379933
George had all three trilogies all roughly planned out back then, anon.
>>
>>83380063
They won't innovate until they are forced to by the necessity of not having gaurunteed ticket sales
>>
>>83379804
I never understand why modern Hollywood has such trouble getting good screenplays when it should be possible to hire top-notch writers for pennies compared to what they spend on visual effects and actor salaries.
>>
>>83382002
This is heavily debated. Personally, I lean towards the theory that Lucas had no idea that Vader would be Luke's father or that the Emperor would be a Force user until after A New Hope was released. A New Hope is not filmed in the way it would have been had these fundamental components of the saga's plot already been decided on by then. And if Lucas didn't decide to make Vader Luke's dad until after ANH, I really doubt he had all three trilogies even roughly planned out in anything even close to the ultimate form of Lucas' contributions to SW.
>>
>>83379804
I hate looking at her face so much, she looks so retarded
>>
>>83382304
Anybody can recognize good visual effects. Recognizing good writing requires actual skill and effort.
>>
>>83382438

Maybe he didn't want to film it that way because it would have ruined the surprise.
>>
>>83382002
No he fucking didn't. Go read splinter of the minds eye if you really think he had anything beyond a vague notion of what he wanted.
>>
>>83383264
Nah. He's an idiot. See the prequel trilogies.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.