[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was this kino so short lived? Why haven't they picked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

File: 51T2JXAZS1L.jpg (33KB, 262x475px) Image search: [Google]
51T2JXAZS1L.jpg
33KB, 262x475px
Why was this kino so short lived? Why haven't they picked it back up? It doesn't even have to be HBO. Netflix or Amazon can pick it back up.
>>
>burned up nigger looking at shit happen in the dark: the capeshit
>>
spawn has never been KINo in any iteration, be it comic books, videogames, live action or animated.

maybe only in toys. maybe.
>>
it took a comic that's main draw was the crazy art style and stripped it down below "batman the animated series" levels where scene after scene was pans over completely still drawings while characters talked, often from off screen, so they didn't even have to animate mouth movements.

also spawn is shit.
>>
>>83375460
>>83375510
>>83375766
I know its summer but jesus christ....
>>
File: IMG_1167.jpg (80KB, 833x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1167.jpg
80KB, 833x1000px
This thread is shit.
>>
>>83376048
yeah yeah, bet you're a real pleb liking spawn of all characters, fucking uninteresting, unimaginative shit. fucking lee's wild cats were more engaging than this shit. mcfarlane is a good artist but a terrible writer.
>>
>>83376048
These people have been minefucked to hate anything with a cape due to the constant stream of Marvel movies. These people don't even hold an opinion, and just react based on rage-fueled pattern recognition.

"WTF IT HAS A capE LIKE those MArVeL MOVIES?! FUCKING SHIT CAPE SHIT GARBAGE"

sad but true to be honest, familia.
>>
I am a sucker for Todd McFarlane capes. I mean the actual capes flowing supernaturally. It's a great visual. They should work it into a Batman movie.
>>
>>83373673
I loved this show as a kid, though I don't know if I would still enjoy it now.
It's also really weird that it only lasted for what, 2-3 seasons, considering that Spawn was fucking huge in the 90s/early 2000s. I can't imagine they didn't have the ratings to go on.
As far as the actual comics go though, Todd was always a better entrepreneur than he was a creator.
>>
>>83376110
Topic killer
>>
File: McFarlane-Batman_03.jpg (104KB, 640x315px) Image search: [Google]
McFarlane-Batman_03.jpg
104KB, 640x315px
>>83376139
McFarlane actually used to draw Batman's cape as big as Spawn's long before he came up with the character. Looked cool.
>>
>>83376368
hand drawn animation (a stretch to even call spawnTV that) is expensive and no one was watching.

the only people that tuned in wanted to see the comics in motion, then the series was lower detail than the comics and, somehow, had less motion.
>>
>Rewatch the animated series
>Just abruptly ends
Fuck
>>
Hellboy is more Spawn than Spawn
>>
>>83376586

That's stupid and makes no sense, never post again.
>>
>>83376110
That image pisses me off
>>
>>83375510
the Sam & Twitch books alone are as kino as it can possibly get
>>
I could see a Spawn film working very well nowadays desu, at least if they did it right and made it a horror/crime film and not a superhero flick.
Bring the supernatural shit down to a minimum, highlight and focus on the urban horror aspect of the whole thing, have Spawn himself be shrouded in mystery for most of the film(ideally don't even make him the actual protagonist), make sure you get the grimy aesthetic right.
>>
>>83375460
>>83375510
>>83375766
>>83376126
kill yourself, numale faggots
>>
This show had a lots of flaws. Hbo jewish budget not the least of them.

I watch it for Burke & Twitch; supernatural shit is just background
>>
Spawn should be part of the dceu desu
>>
File: malebolgia.jpg (73KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
malebolgia.jpg
73KB, 320x240px
>>83377613
>I could see a Spawn film working very well nowadays desu
You are in luck then
>NEW SPAWN MOVIE COMING, SAYS TODD MCFARLANE
>In an upcoming episode of Geeking Out (courtesy of ComicBook.com), McFarlane was asked whether or not Spawn fans can expect a new film sometime in the future, to which he replied by saying, "the simple answer is yes."
>McFarlane then went on to note that the film won't serve as a direct follow-up to the 1997 movie. Instead it will offer a fresh take on the franchise that has "a dark, R-rated, scary, badass sort of script."

>Earlier this year, McFarlane told the outlet that he already had completed a script for the reboot, which suggests filming may not be too far off. "I've finished the script, and I'm in the process of editing," McFarlane said back in February. "It's 183 pages, and [producers] usually like 120. I still think it's going to end up being about 140, because I'm putting in details for myself."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6mBc781S9s
>>
>>83375766
>how do budgets work
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.