[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do my friends just give me weird looks and not laugh when

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (154KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
154KB, 1280x720px
Why do my friends just give me weird looks and not laugh when I show them opie and anthony bits?
>>
>>83373495
Because most of it is not funny.

I put it on because there's ton of it on youtube and it helps me sleep to hear voices talk. But most of it is pretty boring desu.
>>
>>83373495
Radio is a commitment that most people don't want to bother listening to. I'm in the same boat. Whenever I tried to show clips from the Howard Stern show or O&A my friends just don't have any interest in listening to anything longer than 4 minutes.
>>
>>83373846
You also have to get to know them as characters, which will take more than one listen. I remember not even being able to differentiate their voices when I first listened
>>
the funniest parts of O&A are comedians shittig on each other, but how can you enjoy a slobber mouth vos joke or a fat bob kelly joke if you don't know who they are?
>>
I remember playing ramooooooones for my friends. No one laughed
>>
does anyone remember phil hendrie? he was like the first person that I heard that would troll people on air way before 4chan existed.
>>
>>83374424
Yeah, I used to listen to his radio show every night. He got me into talk radio.
>>
File: paulie.jpg (35KB, 498x399px) Image search: [Google]
paulie.jpg
35KB, 498x399px
A guy at worked showed me one of those rap battles of history videos and i had to pretend to smile and snicker so it wouldnt be awkward.
>>
>Play Norm Macdonald Albert Fish bit
>They don't laugh
>>
>>83374681
Get new friends, friend.
>>
>>83373495
They don't know the people. The first time I heard Opie and Anthony, I was annoyed that they were talking over Louis CK, who was the only person I cared about in the video. It took a couple months of listening to only the Louis CK shows before I actually figured out the humor and started enjoying Jim, Anthony, and Opie. Now I listen ten hours a day. It's not easy to get into them, but once you do, it's an entire world of fucking radio lore and stories and running jokes.
>>
I used to listen to Howard Stern on a pirate radio station. I tried to listen to the shows recently and couldnt understand why i listened.

Most people who listen to these shows are either horny, bored or depressed.
>>
>>83373495
They are plebs
>>
>>83374424
>does anyone remember phil hendrie?
It had its hits and misses. I used to listen to the last part of the show before C2C.
>>
>there will never be any new O&A
>>
File: 1488260880382.gif (2MB, 382x369px) Image search: [Google]
1488260880382.gif
2MB, 382x369px
Once I played a clip of Jimmy yelling at a caller to a girl. She just got upset and asked why I like listening to people arguing
>>
>>83373495
It's because the content is usually just bull crap that they want to talk about. Try showing them LOVELINE the content is always interesting and based adam is always funny.
>>
>>83375802
there will eventually once they both have no other options and become desperate enough
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.