[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who wants to see George Lucas come back and take over the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: 1460384786521.jpg (34KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
1460384786521.jpg
34KB, 650x366px
Who wants to see George Lucas come back and take over the Star Wars franchise?
>>
Yeah nah.
>>
>>83371484
Fuck no, I wish he had taken star wars with him to his grave.
>>
>>83371484
Sure. But he should merely be credited as a creator, advisor only. He shouldn't be in charge of casting, directing, screen-writing.
>>
>>83371484
I apologize. Please come back.
>>
>>83371484
Yeah I liked the prequels
>>
>>83371484
Nobody, not even his kids.
Give it a rest, the prequels were shit. Spamming the board every day is not going to change them.
>>
>>83371484
Originals > Prequels > Sequels
I'd rather not have Lucas running it though, instead I'd like someone who can make Star Wars more self-aware and criticize it's themes.

Make Star Wars more like KOTOR 2. Lucas would never do that, and Disney is incapable of doing it. So we need someone new and original, not willing to just jerk off the original.
>>
>>83371484
I do. He did a fairly poor job with the prequels, but at least he presented fresh ideas with every fucking installment rather than letting it stagnate into committee driven mediocrity.
>>
>>83371590
I agree with this. I'm cool with lucas having full executive control to determine the broader direction of shit, but keeping his hands out of the actual writing room.
>>
We all do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJKtPJk3b2M
>>
>>83371484
Yes.

But either go into the past when the Sith was around, or go into the future past the current bs. Awakening should be cast off as not canon and the current trilogy should be scrapped.
>>
>>83371484
I wanted an Obi Wan standalone movie. I'd have also liked to see the tragedy of Darth Plagueis the Wise on screen
>>
>>83373141
>at least he presented fresh ideas with every fucking installment
The Phantom Menace is basically just a rewrite of his discarded first draft of Star Wars with changes to the character names. He had ten years to write what was going to be his triumphant return to the franchise, and he got lazy and reused a plot he'd already thrown out for not being good enough. And in doing that, he fucked up the entire trilogy; by his own admission, the way he wrote them meant he'd written himself into a corner and had to cram 80% of the prequel story into Ep. III. The prequels are also full of shoehorned references to the original trilogy and appearances by OT characters and parallels that have no place being there.

The prequel trilogy didn't have any fresh ideas. It was just George using up old ideas that had been rejected from the OT and throwing in references to his earlier movies for fanservice.
>>
>>83372616
pretty much this.

I'd like to see the "other side of the medal", like seeing sith/empire soldier as the good guy, Jedi/rebel/republic like what they truly are: corrupted people, abusing their power over the population etc....
>>
>>83372616
>Prequels > *
This is never going to be the case, no matter how hard you meme.
>>
any form of prequel is destined to fail.
telling of backstories has no tension, ever and destroys mystery.
>>
I want to see george lucas cured of autism and have him release the theatrical cuts of the OT.
>>
God no. Star Wars is dead, George killed it, and Disney is raping the corpse. Realistically, nobody's going to fix it.

>>83372616
I think R rated Star Wars could be interesting. Deadpool showed that a risk like that can pay off when its well executed, and there's so many interesting things that could be done with that.
>>
>>83373637
>like seeing sith/empire soldier as the good guy
But they're objectively NOT. They don't even kid themselves about it either. You don't name yourself Darth Babyrapist and pretend to be the good guy.
>>
File: banner_toys.jpg (105KB, 627x474px) Image search: [Google]
banner_toys.jpg
105KB, 627x474px
40 year old single males buying toys.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.