[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.wired.com/2017/05/silic on-valley-stereotypes/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (867KB, 860x645px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
867KB, 860x645px
https://www.wired.com/2017/05/silicon-valley-stereotypes/

What do you think? Is this show becoming too racist?

There's not much racism in this show, just that kid. And he seemse to do it to himself, that's his schtick when he does standup. that being said i wonder if it's okay because he's doing it to himself
>>
Yep, an asian man making asian jokes is where the fight against racism should head.
>>
Sick of you faggots finding racism everywhere.
>>
>>83361589
Well why aren't you seeing what they see?
>>
>>83361174
Not sure if new, or just shitpost
>>
>>83361589
Almost like it is everywhere.
>>
>not copying the article or at least using an archive to prevent giving clicks to racebaiting "journalism"

Hello wired employee.
>>
>>83362925

I'm more bothered by people complaining about others complaining. You don't have to take part if you don't want to, but there's always going to be activism.
>>
>>83363062
It usually happens when deep down they realize there is a problem but can't handle the consequences, so try to block it all out.
>>
>>83361174
Ok I'm gonna give a legitimate answer here
I think Silicon Valley is intended to be an offensive comedy for adults, so no I don't th is anyone should be seriously shocked by the stereotype, the whole joke is how outdated and offensive the steriotype is. So In a way it is making fun of the preexisting steriotype rather than parodying Asians themselves.
Now on the other hand if the steriotype was pot raid on a show for children who may not no the difference between joke and reality it should be pulled, but it is not as I said it is meant to be a satire comedy for adults.
>>
>>83363421
Sorry autocorrect fucked up some words
>>
>>83361174
Well it's over now that TJ Miller quit
>>
>>83361589
I agree. The show isnt racist at all, they dont just make fun of Jin Yang. They call Erlich a fatass all the time and no one says anything about that.
>>
>>83363687
I did not know about that.. what the fuck. Show's over.
>>
>>83363421
Are Asian children shows raided for pot a lot? I've never heard of that stereotype.
>>
>>83363062
>activism is separate from complaining
>>
>>83361174
>There's not much racism in this show, just that kid.
It's like you ignored all the Dinesh jokes throgout the show.
>>
>>83363893
There are other things besides complaining, and your options increase when you don't limit it to what you can do on a computer.
>>
>>
>>83361174
OP. This is you. You from the future. You are ugly oldman. You hate yourself now. You are bad man.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.