[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Watching through Lynch's career in order to tide myself

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: Eraserhead1.jpg (1MB, 1881x2437px) Image search: [Google]
Eraserhead1.jpg
1MB, 1881x2437px
Watching through Lynch's career in order to tide myself over for the next episode of Twin Peaks.

So was this movie basically just illustrating in a very otherworldly fashion some of the anxieties and temptations associated with sudden fatherhood? Or is it somehow deeper than that?

Also, what the fuck was that baby made out of?
>>
Baby was a dead cow fetus or something like that.
>>
>>83351620

It's about male anxiety in general, comparing said anxiety to the anxiety of a filmmaker trying to make a film. The film is like a child, but that child never turns our as expected; it becomes a flawed representation of the ideas behind it, because any representation of any idea can never live up to the concept in the creator's head.

The responsibility of raising a child involves a certain amount of accountability (not just "I made this" but "part of me lives on in this new creation"). Because the creation never lives up to the idea, the creation becomes a representation of the flaws and anxieties of its creator.
>>
>>83351620
Basically yeah. Lynch showing how he's terrified of his baby turning out to be a deformed abomination.
Also he loves unsettling sound design.
>>
His daughter was born with club feet and had to undergo several medical procedures to correct them.
>>
>>83351724
pretty good, did you read that somewhere else anon?
>>83351819
life imitates art
>>
>>83351724
That's a great interpretation. Now please explain what's with the lady in the radiator.
>>
>>83352526
>life imitates art
His daughter was born before the movie was made.
>>
it's a retelling of Isaac and Abraham and the Lady in the Radiator is God
>>
>>83352526

Thanks. I have a master's in English literature, which is basically a master's in bullshitting interpretations (in all seriousness though, it changes how you watch films and read things; film degrees do the same thing).

>>83352620

Not everything in a work of art has to relate directly to the central theme. I'd have to watch the movie again to even guess; I haven't seen it in a few years.
>>
Jon Rosenbaum had the best interpretation of Eraserhead that I've read. For whatever reason though I don't think it's online anymore.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.