[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If you still have hope that the franchise will be revived, here's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 26

File: spectrum wars shit one.gif (1MB, 500x204px) Image search: [Google]
spectrum wars shit one.gif
1MB, 500x204px
If you still have hope that the franchise will be revived, here's your daily reminder that this scene is still canon.
>>
That scene was cool
>>
File: SW7.jpg (57KB, 1000x500px) Image search: [Google]
SW7.jpg
57KB, 1000x500px
Caring that much about kids movies...

that scene is also canon
>>
>>83340083
whats wrong with this scene?
>>
>>83340273
>Star Destroyers made of ply wood
>>
>>83340302
>one star destroyer cutting right through another despite both being made of the same material

The entire scene defies physics.
>>
>>83340362
It's possible to cut a metal with something made out of the same material if you come at the right angle.
>>
>>83340083
How the hell does some little ship that is canonically like thousands of years old at this point push a Star Destroyer like that EMP or not
>>
>>83340424
Not at that size and not without buckling.
>>
>>83340424
What this anon said

Besides, its not like the star destroyers are made of a uniform thickness and hitting each other at the exact same point. Angles and corners create weak points.

>>83340455
>canonically thousands of years old

source?
>>
File: 1490788156273.gif (889KB, 212x176px) Image search: [Google]
1490788156273.gif
889KB, 212x176px
>>83340152
>>83340273
>>83340302
>>83340362
>two ships of the same material cutting each other like wet tissue paper
>pushed into one another by a tiny and weak freighter
>thousands of innocent dudes dying a horrible death either to explosions fire or space suffocation
>all while heroic music plays

I don't think a scene in Star Wars, even the worst ones in the Prequels, has ever made me frustrated and irritated. I hate the new ones as much as the next guy, but even Farce Awakens didn't have scenes that actively made me feel frustration. Even JarJar stepping in shit didn't. This scene, though, this scene made me angry.
>>
>>83340455
No resistance in space. And the main hull is cutting into the weaker connection between decks. And it's cool.
>>
>>83340490
Ok, so they didnt get physics as we understand it in the real world 100% right in a fictional sci fi universe with laser guns that shoot visible laser bolts, hyper drive, and planet sized lasers.

why are you so autistic?
>>
>>83340573
"it's cool" is not a valid excuse
>>
>>83340524
Stop trying to defend a shitty scene that defies physics and was just made for dudebros to go WHOOOAAAAA.
>>
>>83340573
>No resistance in space
>what is inertia
>what is mass
>>
>>83340598
Yes, it is. You can do whatever the fuck you want in a fictional sci fi universe.

>>83340599
see>>83340594
>>
>>83340455
If a tiny little tug boat can pull a massive cruise liner across water than why wouldn't a small ship push a larger one in the fucking vacuum of space?
>>
>>83340632
>>83340594
There is a thing called suspension of disbelief.
This shit scene crosses the line.
>>
imagine the virgins seething in anger over the physics of this scene while everyone else was having a good time with their friends and significant others
>>
>>83340629
Emp star destroyer drifting forward and then steadily pushed sideways. It would work.
>>
imagine watching star wars and then complaining about there being imperfect physics

shits fucking fantasy
do you get mad when the space scenes aren't completely silent too?
>>
>>83340599
>I REMEMBER STAR WARS!

>TIE FIGHTERS!

>X-WINGS!

>LOOK AT THOSE STAR DESTROYERS! I REMEMBER STAR DESTROYERS! DO YOU REMEMBER STAR DESTROYERS?
>I TOO REMEMBER STAR DESTROYERS! I'M GONNA CUM!

fuck the modern SW fanbase and mind-numbingly casual audiences alike
>>
>>83340705
Nope.
You don't understand how massive Star Destroyers are and how little the ship that pushed it is.
>>
>>83340692
So force lightning, telekinesis, midichlorians, and ewoks defeating stormtroopers don't bother you as much as this?
>>
>>83340747
we understand, but we don't care because we are busy enjoying ourselves
>>
>>83340756
Those things don't bother me at all.
They are well established parts of the universe.
Tug boat ships and Star Destroyers being made of paper mache however are not part of the universe.
>>
>>83340687
Do you believe a tiny little tug boat can push an ocean liner through the hull of another ocean liner?
>>
When I saw that scene in the theaters I stood up and demanded the movie be shut off. I then gave an impromptu lecture on the physics of that scene and how such a scenario would be impossible. The audience sat silently, stunned, before erupting into applause. The usher even came up to me and shook my hand and assured me they would stop showing this movie out of protest
>>
>>83340820
>tug boat ships in star wars when it would be perfectly logical for them to exist

please tell me how you know this is true
>>
Better than anything in TFA

fact
>>
>>83340867
Why would it be perfectly logical for them to exist?
Tell me.
>>
>>83340820
The star destroyers in empire and return of the jedi were equally easy to destroy.
>>
>>83340844
spaceships would be going MUCH faster than ocean liners
>>
>>83340844
do you believe that those are identical scenarios? Do you have the data on engine power and hull structure of the various ships?

You don't because its a movie about space wizards, btw
>>
How do Giant Space Slugs exist?
>>
>>83340935
Yes by weapon fire. Not by slow bumps.
>>
>>83340906
answering my question with another question means you dont have an answer and are just talking out of your ass

besides tug ships would be useful for moving cargo or half built larger ships and structures a short distance
>>
>>83340906
for when the big ships suffer engine failure
>>
>>83340533
You are aware that these movies are about space wizards and sasquatches fight space nazis right? These are literally made for children.

Nothing wrong with enjoying them, but don't waste your life meticulously picking apart movies made for 8 year old, dude.
>>
>>83341007
That's what other ships and grapples are for.
There is literally no reason for tug boat ships to exist in Star Wars.
>>
>>83341048
you are just an autistic mong lad
you have your own imaginary vision of exactly how this fantasy universe should be and because its not how you want it you are sperging out
>>
>>83340962
>i-it's l-l-like tugboats...
>but tugboats don't work that way
>SHUTUP I NEVER SAID IT WAS THE EXACT SAME SCENARIO
so why bring up tugboats then?
Autism?
Cringing fanboyism?
>>
>>83341106
>you have your own imaginary vision of exactly how this fantasy universe should be

Not really. I use 40 years of previously published work to show exactly how this universe should be.
And in none of it are tug boat ships.
>>
>>83340152
HELLOOOOOOOOOO REDDIT!
>>
>>83341170
tug boats are a part of star wars now
deal with it
>>
>>83341191
You're the reddit for falling for his b8 you dumb fuck
>>
>>83341211
>tug boats are a part of star wars now

I decide what I accept to be part of Star Wars.
And Rogue One is not part of it. Neither is TFA or the prequels.
>>
>>83341169
I didn't bring that up, but it sets context for something that seems counter-intuitive. In reality, the autism is nitpicking based on physics when you have no actual idea about the relevant variables.
>>
>>83340533
>even Farce Awakens didn't have scenes that actively made me feel frustration
Not even the shitty bird?
>>
>>83341169
youre the one being autistic

he asked questions, and you didnt answer them and responded with insults
>>83341170
ok, tell me where it says no tugboat ships

also did a tug boat run over your mother or something, why do you hate them so much?
>>
>>83341240
no, you don't decide
rouge one is canon
TFA is canon
tugboats are canon
>>
>>83340958
And spaceships would be built stronger accordingly in order to resist the greater stresses involved in rapidly accelerating and decelerating objects with masses equivalent to mountains, so they don't immediately disintegrate while overcoming their own inertia.
>>
>>83341294
I'm gonna write whoever is directing the next movie and ask that he specifically put a tugboat ship somewhere in the movie
>>
>>83340741
Go back to bed, Richie
>>
>>83341288
>tell me where it says no tugboat ships

By their complete absence in material spanning back 40 years.

>>83341294
>no, you don't decide

Yes actually I do. Its a work of fiction. The only one that can decide which parts of it you accept is you.
>>
>>83340747
>tug boats don't exist
>>
>>83341346
>The only one that can decide which parts of it you accept is you

holy shit you are the very definition of petty and childish
>>
>>83341308
yeah bro they would totally just bounce off eachother when they collided lmao
>>
>>83341391
Actually its the attitude of someone that isn't obsessed with shit like "canon".
So, an adult.
>>
>>83341346
now THIS is autism
>>
>>83341253
> it sets context for understanding something counterintuitive
But it doesn't as the context immediately falls apart when we consider the fact that the example provided to give context does not perform in a manner supporting the conclusion we are expected to draw.

You can't point out tugboats to support your case when they don't actually support your case and then expect us to ignore that they don't actually support your case.
>>
>>83341393
No idiot. One would bump into the other and push it along as well.
>>
>>83341346
>TFA didn't exist in the material spanning 40 years
>neither did anything in RO
>they don't exist
>>
>>83341003
They crashed into each other as well.
>>
>>83341478
There were no tugboats in TFA.
>>
>>83341471
lmao they would explode and disintergrate
impossible to build something that large and have it able to not be destroyed when an equally large object hits it

literally like throwing two buildings at eachother and expecting them to be sweet you utter mongo ahahha
>>
>>83341393
Sure, why not?
They're warships, not econo-boxes with built in crumple zones.
>>
>>83341520
>lmao they would explode and disintergrate

From a very slow bump? No they wouldn't.
>>
That was cool though
>>
>>83341503
There also weren't any TIE fighters with shield generators or rear gunners in anything before TFA

They also don't exist.
>>
>>83341346
Didn't Disney throw out the established canon?
>>
>>83341579
>>83341579

>slow

spaceships travel several km per second when they're going "slow"

genuinely uneducated
>>
>>83341596
>TIE fighters with shield generators or rear gunners in anything before TFA

TIE Fighter with shields was in the very first movie dumbass.
Vader's TIE had shields.
>>
>>83341520
>comparing vehicles to buildings
lol
>>
>>83341433
No it's actually not
>>
>>83341677
It really is.
The person whining and crying because "NOT CANON", is the child.
The person that says "this movie sucks so I shall ignore it" is the adult.
>>
>>83341721
but you're the one crying about canon with your
>muh 40 years of literature
haha
>>
>>83341637
Which is why they would have to be built to resist impacts at those speeds. The alternative would be having them experience catastrophic failure the moment there's the slightest error in ship to ship docking procedures.
>>
>>83341721
making everything conform to how you want it in your mind is what a child does

adults accept that not everything will be exactly how they want it unless they create it themselves
>>
>>83340895

That's a low bar.
>>
>>83341798
Except in the case of fantasy movies where you can ignore everything you don't like.

>>83341775
The 2 points of I ignore what I don't like and tugboat ships have never been mentioned in all of Star Wars are completely separate points.
>>
*equips notepad*

"today I learned that while autists are comforted and calmed by trains, the mere acknowledgement of the existence of tugboats throws them into virulent frenzy from which they cannot escape."
>>
>>83341854

there were tugs in the Xwing games
>>
>>83341854
>dont like it
>reeeee it doesn't exist
>>
>>83341881
kek, i wonder what would happen if someone gave him a tugboat shaped fidget spinner
>>
>>83341903
They were not tugboats in the sense that we know them.
They were mobile missile replenishment ships.
They never once did tugboat things like push another ship.
Also I haven't played Xwing in a very long time but TUG class ships were only in TIE Fighter forward.
>>
>>83341854
>don't like it
>close your eyes and shut your mind
>it goes away

jesus go hide in your safe space

why is is so hard for people to accept not everything will go the way they want?
>>
tug
boats
>>
>>83340704
Seriously I thought this was fun
>>
>>83341955

I feel like i remember seeing tugs move ships around
>>
[TUGBOAT MACGUIRE INTENSIFIES]
>>
>>83342007
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>83340598
>"it's cool" is not a valid excuse

Yes it is, you autistic fuck. Did you forget you are watching a blockbuster kids space fantasy movie, and not a fucking documentary?
>>
>>83342012
I don't recall seeing that.
But as I said I haven't played it in like a decade or more.
TIE Fighter best game
>>
>everyone conveniently forgetting the small ship is pushing at light speed velocity
>>
>>83341048
>That's what other ships and grapples are for.

so what youre really saying is that EVERY SHIP IS A TUGBOAT IN STAR WARS
>>
>>83342193
kek
>>
File: Old_Utility_Tug_1.jpg (64KB, 600x528px) Image search: [Google]
Old_Utility_Tug_1.jpg
64KB, 600x528px
Look how cute that little fucker is
>>
>>83341444
tugboats existing is sufficient to scuttle the "a small ship cannot divert a much larger ship" line of thought. Then, imagine a scenario in a much more conducive medium and with variables that you still haven't defined (conveniently because, again, you cannot)
>>
>>83342229
NO TUGS IN MY STAR WARS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

#notmystarwars
>>
If the little ship is exerting enough force to push the big ship through the other big ship, why isn't the little ship pushing through the first big ship like a needle?

Logically it's exerting the same amount of force but in a much more confined surface area.
>>
File: IMG_9375.png (300KB, 898x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9375.png
300KB, 898x800px
>>83341346
this nigga
>>
>>83342255
I don't have a problem with the little ship diverting the big ship, I have a problem with the little ship pushing the big ship through another big ship.
>>
>>83340455
>canonically like thousands of years old
It's not
>>
Do you think there's something to STOP it from moving in a vacuum?
>>
>>83340533
>thousands of innocent dudes
they're white supremacists
>>
>>83342274
Its the Superman effect.
As in Superman can't actually lift buildings no matter how strong he is because the building would collapse around him.
>>
>>83340083
It's still not as visually disgusting as the first 20 minutes of episode III.
>>
>caring about what complies with the laws of physics in a series that has historically had sound and chemical explosions IN SPACE
>>
>>83342274
Ot eased into it gradually picking up speed. Whos to say it didnt start ploawing in eventually
>>
>>83342403
That's Superman though and Superman has different expectations of performance than a spaceship. We expect Superman to be able to perform superhuman feats, we don't expect the same thing from a piece of machinery, especially when it's a small piece of machinery performing feats that surpass much larger purpose built warships which we are supposed to believe are more powerful than the small ship.

At least I don't anyway.
>>
>>83340906
For the exact same reason that they exist in real life. When working close to a dock or in shallow water it is easier to maneuver a large ship into position by using smaller ships to nudge it around.
>>
>>83342999
In Star Wars they have tractor beams to do that though.
>>
>>83340302
>>83340362
>>83340455
>>83340490
>>83340533
>I don't know how physics work
I hate Disney Wars as much as anyone else, but you're being retarded.
>>
>>83340692
>There is a thing called suspension of disbelief.
>This shit scene crosses the line
If this is what makes you throw your hands up in disgust at Star Wars you may actually be autistic.
>>
>>83342478
The moment the first star destroyer encountered the resistance of the second star destroyer, the smaller ship should have immediately begun to penetrate through the first star destroyer, or been smashed against it like an egg. I'm willing to overlook the small ship demonstrating greater structural integrity than the star destroyer using the justification that it's shields were up while the star destroyer's weren't, but I can't overlook the fact it didn't begin to push through the weaker object in it's path.

There are limits to how much I can turn my brain off without dying.
>>
>>83343105
That is a valid point but how do the tractor beams work? Do they draw the object towards it or can you push and pull the object in any direction? If it is the first one then you would still use tug boats of some sort for small adjustments and if it is the second one then it is possible that smaller operations still use tugboats as a cost effective means of doing what the tractor beam can do.

Either way space tugboats would have existed at some point in time even if they are not widely used at the time of the movie. Hell we are talking about using tugboats as means of moving asteroids.
>>
Why is there so much autism in this thread? I'm just mad that the mousey fucks cheated us out of capital ship combat by having two star destroyers die by ramming each other
>>
YOU NIGGERS ARE COMPLAINING ABOUT SHIPS RAMMING INTO EACHOTHER IN A FUCKING UNIVERSE WITH EXPLOSIONS IN SPACE
>>
But if you would have a 6000PS Engine in space, like a tugboat has, it could bring even the Queen Mary 2 to its full speed in like 3 minutes.
This scene in R1 makes perfect sense.
The force awakens has the shittiest physics in the whole franchise. Everything involving the Starkiller Base is fucking retarded. From the planets of the hosnian system being so close to shooting a "hyperspace beam" that splits up into several new beams, to people half a galaxy away immediately seeing the hosnian system exploding, and even recognising the individual planets from there, to a sun being pressed on the size of a planet, to this planet exploding to become a new sun in size of only a planet. And Han being able to get out of hyperspace between shield and landscape of the base with a timed handbrake is just retarded too.
Fuck JJ, why didn't he just destroy the sun of the hosnian system, so the supernova would've destroyed the planets? Why didn't the starkiller base itself became a supernova or some shit?
>>
>>83343185
>it's autistic to expect a piece of fiction to abide by it's own demonstrated internal physics
No.
>>
>>83340704
>only virgins criticize movies while the rest of us dudebros enjoy them what pathetic virgin losers
>>
>>83343304
>autism
We accept "explosions in space" because we expect explosions to make sound, it's counterintuitive and requires hidden knowledge to expect otherwise. Two massive warships disintegrating against each other under the impulse of a smaller ship on the other hand is counterintuitive and defies the common sense expectations that allow us to accept "explosions in space.

You'd have to be autistic and have no grasp of how normal people think, to believe the two to be comparable.
>>
>>83343270
I don't have a problem with "space-tugs" per se for the record, I just think they wouldn't function in the same way as real life tugs.
>>
>>83340083
This scene makes no sense because it invalidates the need for capital ships to begin with.

If every one of these tiny little penis-shaped ships can propel a massive ship like an SD away to its doom then why doesn't the Rebellion just build millions of tiny little penis-shaped ships? Why doesn't the Empire then do the same thing?

>Why didn't the SDs just open fire on the Rebel ships as they arrived?
>Why didn't the second SD try to get out of the way of the first?
>Why didn't the massive fighter complements the ships have in-universe destroy the tiny little penis-shaped ship?
>Why did trained sailors and naval officers freak out and not even attempt to do anything to stop the Rebels?
>Why didn't the SDs explode and cut through one another like wet toilet paper?
>How did a small barrage of ion shots that the SDs in universe are known to have strong defenses against instantly disable the entire ship and all backup apparatus?
>Why am I pointing out all these plotholes when they're there because Disney sucks and just wants to milk gullible fans dry for money so they can buy more Hannukah presents?
>>
>>83343306
>tfw you completely avoided watching both of these abortions because you could smell the stink coming off them from the promotional material alone

Feels good man.
>>
>>83343515
>Accepting noise and explosions found in an atmopshere to be common in a vacuum is fine
>But expecting relative velocity and momentum in a vacuum is autism

Please differentiate the two besides the fact that you grew up watching the OT and that was enough to suspend your disbelief before you even took high school physics
>>
>>83343586
Why wouldn't they? There is a reason why tugboats are built the way that they are. Those same advantages would translate to space.

Now should the star destroyer cut through the other one like that. No it shouldn't but you have to allow some scenes that are done just for the spectacle. It is also possible to accept that ships in star wars are fairly weak and rely on shield technology in order to withstand punishment since several times (including this scene) shield being taken down are mentioned and that most ships seem to be destroyed quite easily. Really the only ship I can think of that has taken a beating (one we only really hear about) is the millennium falcon.
>>
>>83343739
it has nothing to do with physics, it has to do with a fucking miniscule object somehow forcefully propelling a gigantic object away like it was just hit by a planet-sized spacetrain into another gigantic object and both of them crumbling like cookies when they tap into each other
>>
>>83340820
>deathstar gets destroyed twice by pretty much nothing
>a huge fucking ship slamming into another isn't enough to destory another huge ship
>>
>>83343739
My whole point is that you need an understanding of high-schools physics to have a problem with explosions in space, but you don't need an understanding of high-schools physics to intuitively feel there's something wrong with star destroyers disintegrating under their own weight from a slow motion impact because they were pushed by a little spaceship.
>>
>>83343919
And I have no knowledge of the actual velocities of the ships or their impact forces to confirm it's accurate, I'm just simply asking why you all get so hung up on this scene but literally none of the other scientific inconsistencies in the OT or prequels
>>
>>83341308
You realize, unlike ships which face resistance forces from the outside, thus have heavy hulls, spacecraft would feel forces between their engines and the rest of their mass, thus internal reinforcement along those paths would be present, while the exterior would be as light as possible to minimize total mass and thus how much inner structure would be needed for self-support.

Two completely different scenarios, one leading to a hard exterior around a light core and the other leading to a hard core with a light exterior.
>>
>>
>>83343945
You're arguing semantics, these objects way thousands of tons and rely primarily on deflector shields, it's very plausible that one could cut into another at a sharp enough angle without taking high school physics

Again, the only reason you see no problem with explosions in space is due to popular fiction conditioning you
>>
>>83344096
weigh* before my argument gets ignored due to misspelling
>>
>>83343897
>why wouldn't they?
Meh, I honestly don't care all that much, I'm just saying I think the addition of tractor beams would probably change how you'd approach using a small ship to move a big ship.
For kicks though:
Tugs might function more like cranes in that they devote their increased engine power to remain stationary while using the tractors to move whatever object it is around.
>>
>>83343987
>I'm just simply asking why you all get so hung up on this scene but literally none of the other scientific inconsistencies in the OT or prequels

It's probably because RO is significantly worse than the OT and prequels. Even Episode I with all of its genuine flaws is a masterpiece in comparison. Fans are willing to overlook plot holes and suspend disbelief and ignore flaws of a movie that they really enjoy and/or is actually a good movie.

RO, like TFA, is not a good movie and many fans other than millennials and casual moviegoers hated it. Online particularly the disdain for it is strong, so it becomes much more criticized for its flaws.

Fans will ignore the scene of the Falcon flying behind a Star Destroyer to evade its sensor range because it's nothing too farfetched and more because ESB is a fantastic movie. Fans will not ignore the scene of a very small freighter slinging a Star Destroyer away so it can slice apart another Star Destroyer like a 1000 degree knife through butter while obnoxious fanfare plays because RO is an abhorrent disaster.
>>
>>83344060
I'm so glad I'm not a fucking autist who can't enjoy movies
>>
>>83344186
You're ignoring the stupid shit in those movies because it's cool and they're good I can understand that, but please just acknowledge that when you nitpick a scene like this for schlock like RO it's because you're actively looking for flaws instead of caring about actual scientific consistency
>>
File: no_smoking.jpg (88KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
no_smoking.jpg
88KB, 600x400px
>>83341795
You don't understand how massive craft are designed. Massive ships, massive aircraft, all the same: they are designed to be handled very carefully at low velocities when docking because impact with that much mass at any speed inherently causes tons of damage due to the mass. The absurd degree of overdesign that would be required to allow for impacts during docking is not feasible. No, they don't design for mistakes, they heavily control and limit the movement operations instead.

When massive objects collide, they tear each other apart, they are NEVER designed to handle it.
>>
If they can do this to every star destroyer.
How have they not won the war already?
>>
>>83344252
"You're only criticizing this movie because you're looking for flaws! It doesn't matter if it's flawed, you looking for those flaws makes you wrong!"
>t. casual moviegoer
>>
>>83344314
Again, I literally called RO schlock, I'm just trying to make sure people realize how autistic they look when they care about physics in one flick but not the actual good movies
>>
>>83344052
>Two completely different scenarios, one leading to a hard exterior around a light core and the other leading to a hard core with a light exterior.
Unless you want that "hard-core" to sheer right through that "light exterior" the moment it's forward momentum exceeds the structural integrity of it's "light exterior", you better design your ship so that it possesses uniform strength and rigidity.

Having a warship jump right out if it's skin is a bit of a design flaw in my opinion.
>>
>>83344096
>You're arguing semantics, these objects way thousands of tons and rely primarily on deflector shields, it's very plausible that one could cut into another at a sharp enough angle without taking high school physics
>maybe they designed their warships to be weak and not strong because shields!

If you have to appeal to counter-intuitive mental gymnastics like that to justify your premise it's not intuitive in the same way that accepting explosions in space is.
>>
File: 14679578075.jpg (83KB, 492x650px) Image search: [Google]
14679578075.jpg
83KB, 492x650px
>>83341795
>The alternative would be having them experience catastrophic failure the moment there's the slightest error in ship to ship docking procedures.

So like real warships then?

Real navies don't laughably over-engineer their ships so they can be rammed together like fucking stock cars, they train their crews to avoid crashing the fucking things into other ships/solid objects in the first place.

Creating a ship that is robust enough that you can put a spastic in charge of the controls and have them bounce it off a space dock without damage would mean having a hugely reinforced superstructure and armour that is ridiculously thick, all of which would slow the ship down when it tried to accelerate in combat due to having 10x the mass it needed.

Sure you could put someone with the mental capacity of a three year old in charge of your fuckheug spehs ship, but the thing would be utterly useless for any military purpose other than being a giant floating target.
>>
>>83344186

> RO is significantly worse than the prequels.

hahahahahahahaha oh you
>>
>>83344526
It's literally no gymnastics, there are countless examples of ships getting fucked up without their deflector shields in the Star Wars universe

And that's with pure energy projectiles, not even kinetic collisions
>>
>>83344060
Jesus Christ that's just awful on every level.
>>
>>83344276
>Do it once
>Imperial Navy changes it's doctrine so SDs maintain a greater distance from one another to allow time for evasive maneuvers

It's almost as though they're fighting humans who can react to innovations rather than AI from a 90's computer game....
>>
>>83340152
>>83340273
ok let's suspend disbelief and say the ramshackle rebles' little hammerhead corvettes actually have both the vastly superior hull strength and the engine power output to do that

why don't they just do that all the time? why didn't they send one to push the death star out of the way? why don't they take the eagles to mordor?
>>
>>83344589
>There are countless examples of warships in star wars tearing through each over like tissue paper
Nope.
>>
>>83344641

the death star wasn't disabled dumbshit
>>
>>83344620
ok but what if 2 ships did it at the same time
>>
>>83344668
>Changing my wording

Lmao, they get fucked up by lasers, why is a star destroyer going full speed into a structural weakpoint liek the lower bridge at full speed so fucking difficult to believe? Besides the fact that you thought this movie was shit regardless of this one scene
>>
File: 147694670670.jpg (172KB, 1280x834px) Image search: [Google]
147694670670.jpg
172KB, 1280x834px
>But one ship wouldn't be able to cut into the hull of anoth...
>>
File: Super_Star_Destroyer.jpg (155KB, 1024x486px) Image search: [Google]
Super_Star_Destroyer.jpg
155KB, 1024x486px
How does this make you guys feel?
>>
>>83344691
but what if the SDs are three times further apart?

check mate atheist.
>>
>>83344763

that wasn't what destroyed it
>>
>>83344763
>Ships sink in space when they're disabled but an object weighing thousands of tons crashing into another at full speed is why this disney flick is garbage lmao

Reminder these are the beliefs of people ITT that you may try to argue with
>>
>>83344763

does the explosion really happen so far in front of the model? Thats real jarring
>>
>>83344789
what about THREE ships?
>>
>>83343676
The star destroyer's shields were down and the ship was disabled which answers nearly all of your retarded comments.
>>
>>83344060
I wish Y-wing ion guns were that potent in the flight sim games.
>>
>>83344726
>structural weak point
One of the thickest parts of the ship is a structural weak point?
Makes sense, I know when I see thousands of feet deep of hull I think ,"yep THAT'S the weak point! ".
>>
>>83344840
Deployed five times further apart. I can do this all day rebel scum.
>>
>>83340083
>knowing when and how this happens

SHIGGYDIGGY
>>
>>83344741
>we're supposed to look at that and think it's in any way remotely comparable to what we saw happen to the star destroyer
LOL
>>
>>83344957
>One of the thickest parts of the ship

Is that why they always show soldiers and captains looking at the fucking windows at that part of SDs?

Do you even notice how autistic you look nitpicking this scene so hard while having 0 problem with everything else in this shitty series?
>>
>>83344741
She;s hungry....
>>
>>83344763
Using Rogue One physics, the super star destroyer should have pushed the death star out of orbit and crashed it into Endor.
>>
>>83344980
5 times apart leaves you open to all manner of attacks.
I can do this all day too...
>inb4 5 ships
>>
>>83344957
The wedge-shaped hull of the star destroyers looks far more robust than the exposed superstructure of the bridge section that sits on top.

The strongest part of the disabled destroyer is impacting the weakest part of the active destroyer.
>>
>>83345074
>all manner of attacks.

Such as...?
>>
>>83344060
The force from the sudden stop should splatter the entire Hammerhead crew. They are going at least at 400 m/s when the collision occurs.
>>
File: 1488158810266.jpg (18KB, 395x387px) Image search: [Google]
1488158810266.jpg
18KB, 395x387px
>>83345071
>>
THE MOVIE SUCKS BECAUSE IN ONE SCENE A SMALL SHIP MAKES A BIG SHIP CRASH INTO ANOTHER SHIP BUT ONLY ONE OF THE BIG SHIPS BREAKS THATS WHY THE MOVIE SUCKS
>>
>>83345071
>the death star wasn't disabled dumbshit

the death star wasn't disabled dumbshit
>>
>>83345071
It could.

An x-wing could deorbit a Death Star provided it wasn't resisting and you could somehow provide it with enough fuel to burn it's engines for a long enough period of time.
>>
>>83345025
>windows
LOL
Do you think its just one big open deck space behind those window or what?
>>
>>83345113
Such as one SD being pushed by 3 smaller ships into the other SD's formation
>>
>>83333333
>>
it'd look better if the ship doing the pushing was bigger
>>
>>83345114
Inertial dampeners you faggot. Same reason Solo and Chewie don't get turned into paste when the Falcon takes off.
>>
>>83345114

they obviously have to have something like star trek's inertia dampening field or the millenium's falcons point-5-past-lightspeed in normal space would splatter the crew too
>>
>>83345192

are there tugs in Dr Who
>>
>>83345156
So you're saying if it WAS disabled, that's what would have happened?
:^)
>>
>>83345173
Do you think it's somehow impervious to an angular force at 30 degrees at likely thousands of feet per second slamming into it?
>>
>>83345175
How would they do that when they're all five times as far apart as normal?
>>
>>83345217
>>83345233

hivemind
>>
>>83345235

how should I know I'm not a physicist
>>
>>83345163
Yeah in like a thousand years.
That's like real life ion engine levels of impulse power.
>>
>>83345250
How about then. Target one SD at a time. push it away from the the formation. Get your fleet to attack and destroy and repeat
>>
>>83345273
No just a dumb statement with an obvious response.
>>
>>83345296
No thats retarded.
>>
>>83345242
I should hope so.
It would be one hell of a design flaw if it couldn't.

>w-what do we do if the shields go down?
>... We pray.
>>
>>83345361
ok ty
>>
>>83345289
Yeah, but still possible. A super star destroyer has significantly more powerful engines, so using it as a tugboat for a disabled death star would be more viable.
>>
>>83345288
So why point out that the Death Star wasn't disabled?
:3
>>
>>83345365
Again, the force of a massive object slamming into it will always have a bigger destructive force than lasers, it's literally why the concept of railguns is even plausible in science fiction
>>
>>83345396
Possible?
Yes.
Practical?
No.
>>
>>83345365
Yeah, it'd be like if modern warships were totally defenceless against ASMs if their point defence systems get knocked out!

Wouldn't that be silly!
>>
>>83340533
It's a story. Pro wrestling is as real as star wars. Stone Cold Steve Austin fought the Rock. Turns out neither of them liked sand very much.
>>
>>83340860
kek
>>
>>83340083
It's not stupid if it works
>>
>>83345411
>continues to appeal to a level of understanding of physics that requires at least some schooling over purely intuitive understanding of physical interactions

Protip: If you have to use equations to prove your point your missing the point.
>>
File: 1492582957162.png (64KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1492582957162.png
64KB, 250x250px
Can't we all just enjoy some fucking Star Wars? A movie about literal space wizards with magical laser swords and telekinetic powers
>>
>>83345654
>Intuitive

Explain how explosions in a vacuum is any more intuitive than relative velocity besides the fact that you watched this shit as a child
>>
>>83345737
>Rogue One
>Star Wars
stop
>>
>>83342274
The transfer of energy is what is being conserved, not the force. The small ship exerts a smaller force over a long period of time equal to the energy exchanged when the large ships impact with much greater force but over a shorter period of time (until their relative velocities equilibrium). So the whole time the corvette is pushing prior to impact is contributing to the impact force.

The forces are not conserved, the energy is.
>>
>>83343264
Wrong. That impact doesn't change the force the lil' ship is exerting aside from the small change in its own acceleration. The engines are putting out the same thrust, the mass it is acting on is just unable to accelerate as much. Because it is so small relative, the change in acceleration rate doesn't require much force variation at the point of connection between the two ships.(do the math, and assume a gentle 100:1 mass ratio; the force needed to accelerate the smaller mass is nothing compared to the force needed to move larger mass at the rate it was before impact.)
>>
>>83345458
>apples and oranges
A modern warship doesn't turn into an eggshell that crumbles under the slightest impact the moment it's point defenses fail.

In this context, a star destroyer apparently needs to have its shields up ALL the time or it could be destroyed by the slightest mishap.
>>
>>83345802
>The Phantom Menace
>Attack of the Clones
>Revenge of the Sith
>A New Hope
>The Empire Strikes Back
>Return of the Jedi
>The Force Unleashed
>Rogue One
>The Holiday Special
>Caravan of Courage
>The EU
>The TV Series
>The Video Games
>The Novels
>Star Wars
stop
>>
>>83343306
Ansible technology.
>>
File: tow-pulling-the-ship-full.jpg (42KB, 770x511px) Image search: [Google]
tow-pulling-the-ship-full.jpg
42KB, 770x511px
LOOK AT THIS SHIT
HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE
THAT SMALL SHIP IS MOVING THAT BIG SHIP
THIS BS HAS TO BE SHOOPED
>>
>>83340362
retard
>>
>>83345761
Explosions make loud noises in real life. Someone has to TELL you that they make no noise in a vacuum, the same way someone has to TELL you that directed energy weapons will never be practical in real life.

If someone has to tell you something it isn't intuitive, is it?
>>
>>83344418
Look at aircraft design. That's exactly how it is done. A lightweight exterior with a robust skeletal core. They rip right through eachother, but that's because you can't design for exerior strength and efficient propulsion. (And doubly so in space where there is no expectation of needing to resist external forces normally [i.e. no drag in vacuum yo])
>>
>>83346133
>Someone has to tell you that you need air to make noise even though they teach what happens when sound propagates through mediums such as water

Maybe you're just retarded, I'm sorry to say
>>
>>83345974
I didn't say it changes the force the little ship is exerting, I said the big ship should have been crushed between the little ship and the other big ship, causing the little ship to penetrate through the big ship.
>>
>>83340594
you're right, since some things are fantasy that means all things must be fantasy. Suspend all your disbelief and instead watch a film that consists of two blank colors talking to each other, switching spots and tongues inside the grand acoustic collider as the melancholy tones of the extraverse drone on
>>
>>83346237
>understands that children have to be taught how sound propagates through mediums but doesn't understand why explosions not making sound in space isn't intuitive
Now THIS is autism.
>>
>>83346364
So you watched the Star Wars films roughly around the time you learned how sound works but still accept that part as intuitive?
>>
>>83346402
>anon STILL can't grasp the difference between the instinctive gut level expectations arising from intuition and the counter-intuitive understanding that come with more advanced knowledge of physics

This is just sad at this point.
>>
I will never cease getting joy from autistic manchildren being triggered by new star wars movies
>>
>>83346645
Lmao you still haven't explained why it's intuition besides being a child and watching flicks teaching you so
>>
>>83346767
I've explained it.
You're just incapable of understanding because of your mental handicap, which is ok.
Nobody is perfect.
>>
>>83346645
Have you never seen a car crash into the side of another at equal speeds you stupid fucking nigger? What isn't intuitive about that?
>>
>>83340687
Ships in earth are built to resist tugboats. Think of the size ratio between a ship and the area the tugboat is pushing.

The ratio of the star destroyer to the rebel ship is many times that of a cargo ship to a tugboat. And the star destroyer isn't designed to accommodate a tugboat type of load in such a point.

The enormous stress (Force/Area) would definitely result in the rebel ship pushing straight through the star destroyer. At the very least there would be yielding.

At this moment I realized I was watching a cartoon.
>>
I remember walking on z bridge ,minding my business, then all of a sudden 7 guys jump out of nowhere, I checked my pockets,only pocket knife.
Somewhere from sky heavy metal starts to blast.
I turned around ,said to them in my menacing voice:" IMA gonna blast you with my Swiss!!"
They got afraid and started to run away.
People started to cheer for my bravery .
I acted cool and went home, never said a word to mommy.
Another day saved....
>>
>>83346832
>muh caaaars
What does that have to do with anything?
>>
File: 1453934259496.png (662KB, 862x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1453934259496.png
662KB, 862x1000px
>>83347074
>What does an object veering into the side of another have anything to do with 2 star destroyers eviscerating eachother
>>
>>83340083
>REEEEEEEEEEEE THEY DIDN'T USE MY FANFICTION AS THE BASIS FOR THE NEW MOVIES
>>
File: IMG_1680.jpg (28KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1680.jpg
28KB, 480x320px
somehow i don't think the armor or hull of a star destroyer is designed to resist the impact force of another star destroyer even at low speeds. just because a star destroyer had the same armor material doesn't mean it can resist millions upon millions of matter plowing through it. the inertial force would be ridiuculous
>>
>>83340152
I liked this scene too! :)

I'm not even a huge Star Wars fan anymore. The miserable fatties that post about disliking Star Wars obviously still think about it enough to make 10 threads a day about a movie that was released 9 months ago.

They live a sad life. :/
>>
File: ShieldsDOnothing.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ShieldsDOnothing.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>the shields do nothing
>>
>>83347132
What does it have to do with my discussion with the other anon about physics, is what I'm asking you.

also
>comparing cars to warships
no
>>
>>83342398
WHEW LAD
>>
>>83347361
Why? A car going 40mph into the side of another will fuck up a car

Why is a warship not moving thousands of feet per second into another so intricately difficult to believe without having taken 50 physics courses as you retards would like to make it sound to defend your shitty childhood flicks
>>
>>83346832
it would only be comparable if the armor was made of thin aluminum or the cars were sped up to absurdly high speeds
>>
>>83347358
It had no shields up you dumb fuck
>>
>>83347343
Shhh, the manchilds hat defend explosions in space or ships sinking into space (lmao) when their bridges get destroyed will reply to you
>>
>>83347491
er, if the car structure and panels were made of thin aluminum
>>
>>83347160
Rogue One is fanfiction too Faggot
>>
/tv/ somehow reaches a new low

take a rough look at what happens when two naval warships of equivalent design hit each other broadsides like that, the results are the opposite of pretty

They're not built to withstand collisions. They're built to withstand turbolaser and torpedo hits. As a worst case scenario at that, since shields are meant to take the brunt of any incoming attacks
>>
>>83347847

hows living in denial goin for you
>>
>>83347921
Nah dude, muh arbitrary selection of what constitutes suspension of disbelief will make me get triggered at this scene but have 0 problem with anything else that happens in space
>>
>>83347495

Only the one being pushed had its shields disabled, the one being destroyed had shields and engines

dumb fuck
>>
>>83347995
Solid objects could always pass through the shields in these movies you mongoloid.
>>
>>83347939
George Lucas did not make or approve this movie
>>
>>83347995
Shields in these movies where literally never able to withstand kinetic impact
>>
>>83341881
Water makes you think.
>>
reminder than Star Wars is not Star Trek, they do not have impenetrable bubble shields, they have DEFLECTOR shields.

they're not going to deflect a STAR DESTROYER
>>
>>83348040

horse shit, stop taking out your ass.

Shields down, look what happens

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RW_hGOFukMQ
>>
>>83348101

oh you poor fanboy
>>
>>83348101

lmao.
>>
File: 1489967373957.jpg (64KB, 864x480px) Image search: [Google]
1489967373957.jpg
64KB, 864x480px
>>83348159
Eat shit
>>
I heard that if you drive one car into another car, both cars get wrecked. I don't have a source for this, though.
>>
Dear God, I think I've witnessed the birth of a new meme

NO TUGBOATS IN STAR WARS REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>83348157
set deflector shields to star destroyer
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYrRqMHQY7o
>>
File: leiapalm.png (232KB, 630x342px) Image search: [Google]
leiapalm.png
232KB, 630x342px
>>83348530
>effect showing it deflecting it
>thinks the imperial officers in ROTJ are freaking out over nothing with their shields down
>>
>A thread with over 250 post all because someone can't believe for one minute that physics still existed in space

Someone should tell JJ Abrams to have ships colliding into each other and the third movie.
>>
>>83348799
this, but it has to be tugboats towing ships into one another
>>
File: 1475754558535.jpg (947KB, 1826x770px) Image search: [Google]
1475754558535.jpg
947KB, 1826x770px
>>83348729
>effect showing it deflecting it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gh7AcuxfxI

>Destroys the bridge
>transmission cuts out

Eat shit and die, poser.
>>
>people on this site actually defending this shit while shitting on the original trilogy
wewlad /tv/ is literally and officially reddit
>>
>>83348925
In this case the opposite is also just as stupid since people are getting autistic about physics
>>
>>83346030

1 that shit takes hours

2 if the freighter turned its engines in reverse it would be like fuck you tug
>>
>>83340533
>two ships of the same material cutting each other like wet tissue paper

You ever seen 2 cars crash into each other? This board is full morons.
>>
>>83349239
can star destroyers reverse?
>>
>>83348856
>it's never shown destroyed
>muh head canon

ROTJ verifies shields do SOMETHING for incoming vessels, stop acting like ROTJ isn't canon.
>>
>>83349335

They appear to have two speeds. Beyond that of light, and snail.
>>
>>83349261
this.

them being of the same material has little to do with it, but it was going rather slow and the resistance of the other, operational star destroyer would have to equal, AT LEAST that of the hammerhead, which it no doubt could.
>>
>>83340083
>>83340083

> Two star destroyers fucking.
>>
>>83344641
>why don't they just do that all the time?
I'm guessing because the Star Destroyer's deflector shields would interfere somehow. They make it a point to show it's systems (including shields I assume) have been disabled by an ion beam. But shields don't really ever seem to matter much in Star Wars except when the plot needs them to.
>>
>>83344641
Because they'd get shot down or raped most of the time? All the TIEs where very busy trying to defend the deflector shield

Also it's fair to assume if the Republic spammed Hammerheads that the empire would vary its fleet formations
>>
File: devaronian.jpg (25KB, 436x418px) Image search: [Google]
devaronian.jpg
25KB, 436x418px
>>83344763
Mildly aroused. Imagine if it had lodged itself in the service corridor.
>>
>>83349620
>it's never shown destroyed

WEW the fucking denial, delusions, butthurt at being wrong.
>>
File: new republic.png (79KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
new republic.png
79KB, 500x500px
so why are they called the resistance when they're essentially on the side of the galaxy's dominating regime?
>>
>I don't understand the basic physics of the conservation of momentum but will cry about it anyways
>>
>>83340362

Orbital Velocity. There's a lot of energy in being in orbit around a planet. Each of those ships are already traveling like a bullet. The smaller ship is just nudging two different bullets into hitting each other.

The smaller ship is also just pushing the bigger ship by a particular axis. It's really mainly spinning it around, not like those big engines the ship needs to really get it going forward.
>>
>>83350010
Like I said 50 posts earlier, people will nitpick the shit out of something they don't enjoy

Rogue One is a shit disney flick that tries to make the audience feel for characters that it does an awful job of making us care about

All people are attempting to do however, is find every possible fault in the movie while hypocritically ignoring all the stupid inconsistencies in the OT and prequels
>>
>It's OK that X-Wings and TIE Fighters move through space like they're in atmosphere but this is where I draw the line in tweaking the laws of physics for entertainment purposes
>>
>>83350152

how the hell does a tie fighter fly in atmosphere anyway
>>
>>83350152
my biggest nitpick is that the space scenes aren't silent except for the music
>>
>>83344763

That the second death star was stupidly large.
>>
>>83349836
There's also that it ultimately was just a desperation move in a losing battle to bust the planet shield?

The Empire might have lost two Star Destroyers, but the Rebellion lost the bulk of their main fleet, and the Alliance Flagship along with it.
>>
>>83349916

durr.. so one single one can succeed where a fleet of them would fail?
>>
>>83350757
A fleet of them has never been tried before or after so I'm willing to bet yes

The Rebels always had trouble matching the quantity of the Empire so they usually had to focus on superior dogfighters instead of memeing with 1000 hammerheads that would be useless without support
>>
>>83350243

it's not like x-wings wings are aerodynamic either

ties would at least have less resistance
>>
Rogue One had a lot of problems, but the space battle was not one of them.
>>
>>83350296

there's no music in space either
>>
File: 1422934454791.jpg (17KB, 154x193px) Image search: [Google]
1422934454791.jpg
17KB, 154x193px
>>83350926
what do you mean there's no music in space?
>>
Can no tugboats in Star wars be a meme?
>>
>>83344641
Did you not pay attention to the scene at all? They were able to do it to that one specific Star Destroyer because it had been disabled and was basically just adrift.
>>
>>83350963

>implying space tugboats arn't the coolest thing ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_kMhMHRAQE
>>
>>83350003
J.J didn't know how to write an original story, including an important plot point of the original trilogy's 'good guys' being in charge, so when he was making his shitty remake of ANH he also just decided to make the good guys the underdogs again

because he's a hack
>>
File: b49[3].gif (1MB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
b49[3].gif
1MB, 680x680px
>>83351137
>>83350003

this

they were supposed to be the New Republic
>>
>>83346273
>, I said the big ship should have been crushed between the little ship and the other big ship

Yeah, and that's wrong. The force between the little ship and big ship is independent of the net acceleration of the big ship. Its engines don't suddenly put out more thrust if you push back on them harder, they have a set thrust (force). Any resistance to motion (i.e. shit happening to the central ship) just results in the small craft itself moving along with the motion of the larger ship with the only the reaction force needed to accelerate it likewise being added to the engine thrust (which is a small contribution based on the mass ratios.)

I know this is a silly thing to say on an anonymous imageboard, but I actually do have a PhD in mechanical engineering. Understanding forces acting on interacting bodies is my jam.
>>
>>83341283

the part where the starkiller shoots the lasers at the planets and it can be seen from the forest planet was worse
>>
>>83351396
Yer mum understood force when I interacted with her body last night m8
>>
>>83351262
I think it's one of many deliberate maneuvers to spite the EU and it's supporters. Same goes for that no name off-brand Coruscant that was apparently the capital for some stupid reason.
>>
>>83350072
Relative velocity is all that matters bruh. I'm on your side, they still have huge momentum and would cause massive damage, but their orbital speed doesn't affect impact energy at all.
>>
File: fry[1].png (188KB, 603x452px) Image search: [Google]
fry[1].png
188KB, 603x452px
>>83351396

>not sure if you're saying the scene is shit or not
>>
File: it_is_spelled_SKYLER.jpg (261KB, 1051x1680px) Image search: [Google]
it_is_spelled_SKYLER.jpg
261KB, 1051x1680px
>>83351445
>>
>>83351722

Hank and Marie don't have last names?
>>
>>83351722
>that pic

I don't get it
>>
>>83340533
wow they should make bullet proof vests out of bullets
>>
>>83351634
It's not shit. The corvette would not suddenly penetrate into the larger ship when the collision occurs. The impact of two similar masses would result in low accelerations, and the small ship would only feel force equal to that needed for the same acceleration (while having like 1/1000x the mass). And that reaction force would be much smaller than the full thrust of its engines, given how much they acted on accelerating the larger masses earlier in the scene. It's logically sound.
>>
>>83351807
He's admitting he's a notorious pedant, and so will obsess over the star wars minutia in the same way he notoriously obsessed over the spelling of Skyler's name during Breaking Bad threads back in the day.
>>
>>83351846
We needed you like 250 posts earlier dude

But hey, now we get NO TUGBOAT SHIPS IN STAR WARS REEEEEEEEE
>>
>>83351893
Yes but what does that have to do with my post that he responded to
>>
Someone calculated it would take three times the tjrust of a space shuttle so it's not too unbeliveable
>>
>>83340533
>a tiny and weak freighter
A Corellian Corvette is a blockade running ship, and the hammerhead is a variant thereof. It is basically 90% engine, with a huge thrust to weight ratio to allow for rapid acceleration and escape of systems under military orbital blockades. It has way more thrust than dictated by its size alone, and thus is very capable of slowly shifting the course of much larger objects.
>>
>>83351994
He accepts your joke in good humor because he recognizes he was splerging out a bit to begin with.
>>
>>83352141
Fair enough hah
>>
>>83349977
>denies ROTJ is canon
>says Im in denial

lololololololol
>>
the rebels bought like 20 ships to fight 2 star destroyers and still lost

don't think i'd pencil that in as awesome combat tactics to be repeated whenever possible
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 26

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.