/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-q V9wVGb38 Who was in the wrong here?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 168
Thread images: 14

File: pink.png (596KB, 970x545px) Image search: [Google]
pink.png
596KB, 970x545px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-qV9wVGb38

Who was in the wrong here?
>>
File: 1468256176715.jpg (534KB, 2136x3216px) Image search: [Google]
1468256176715.jpg
534KB, 2136x3216px
>I tip
>>
File: 1495714938365.png (673KB, 684x421px) Image search: [Google]
1495714938365.png
673KB, 684x421px
>he volunteers to subsidize failing businesses
>>
>>83319134
I will never not laugh about American tipping culture, what a bunch of corporate cucks.
>>
>>83319227
>Kill''
What did they mean by this?
>>
>>83319134

Service in the United States is unlike anywhere else in the world where tipping is frowned upon. European countries treat their customers very coldly and don't really cater you, fill your cups, make sure everything's alright like in the states.

It's worth the tip in my opinion. Unless food's late, they haven't refilled your water etc.

And as for Buscemi's character, Mr. Pink?, what he said about mcdonalds... There's been a few times where I felt like tipping. Food's always good, on time, people are friendly. They definitely deserve it just as much as waiters/waitresses sometimes.
>>
File: 1452938610887.png (42KB, 440x290px) Image search: [Google]
1452938610887.png
42KB, 440x290px
>>83319417
>McDonald's
>food's always good
>>
File: shh.jpg (59KB, 1108x809px) Image search: [Google]
shh.jpg
59KB, 1108x809px
>>83319417
>Americans need their waiters to babysit them
>>
The restaurant owners who don't pay their workers
>>
>>83319513

yeah mate.
>>
>>83319227
Ah, go fuck yourself. I'll admit it's inherently inefficient system, but unless you're actually paying more at the end of the bill, you don't have a good reason to complain.
>>
>>83319134
Buscemi was in the wrong.

Only jews or poor people don't tip at least 20%.
>>
>>83319733
t. good goy
>>
>>83319715
Maybe if we were talking about In N Out Burger.
>>
>>83319417
I might be a socially retarded autistic, but I'm American and I think you're full of shit. Pretty much for no meal I've ever had was any hospitality of the service beyond bringing the food out and taking orders worth 20% of the meal, which is what I'm expected to pay. What basically happens is that for any restaurant, waiters are paid peanuts and their paycheck is almost entirely tip, so much so that businesses can legally pay them less than minimum wage if it's balanced out by tipping, (but only to a certain extent). Also, cooks take a portion of that tip too. It really just supplants lower wages that are lower because tipping exists, but then you have this whole absurd problem where you have to take into account that somebody might not pay tip, or that somebody might pay much more than tip.
So it's really just an inherently inefficient payment system. Automatic tipping should not exist and should be much lower with cooks and servers being paid much more.
>>
>>83319763
t. schlomo
>>
>be from civilised country with minimum wage
>go to america
>restaurants expect me to tip
>literally start laughing at the waiting staff

land of the free eh?
>>
I love how threads about this scene always result in the most epic discussions.
>>
>>83319417
>americans need to pay extra to receive basic service

top kek
>>
>>83319763
By that logic, America is much better than Europe because if you are a cheap scumbag, you get to pay much less at a restaurant than you otherwise would, because tip is usually 20%.
>>
>>83319417
>European countries treat their customers very coldly and don't really cater you
Then how are they going to keep their customers?
Fuck off retard.
>>
File: paulryandab.jpg (109KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
paulryandab.jpg
109KB, 1600x900px
>>83319877

15% is the expectation.

also, you don't know about tipping pools.
>>
>>83319931
Tipping is common practice all over the western world, most of Asia too, minimum wage or not.
>>
>>83320016
no it isn't
>>
>>83320016
t. american
>>
>>83320038
>>83320054
Try travelling when you're a bit older.
>>
>>83320064
I travel extensively for both business and pleasure, nowhere else in the world has a section for tips at the bottom of their receipts, accept that your country is cucked and get over it
>>
>>83319999
Oh, really? Well, either it's higher in my area, or my friends make me pay more. I actually had a big fight with them recently because up until now, they've shamed me for not splitting the check equally, which I always thought was unfair because I'm unemployed, usually order less expensive food, and don't drink.

Anyway, what's there to know? There was change as recent as 2016, which applied to the ninth circuit, which doesn't actually include my state which stated businesses can't force servers to share their tipping pool with cooks. Again, what I don't I know, and even if it just applies to servers, how does that change my point?
>>
>>83320064
tipping isn't even allowed in a lot of countries fuck off
>>
>>83320090
>I travel extensively for both business and pleasure
>uses the word "cucked"
Yeah, not buying it.
>>
>>83320107
>no argument

I accept your concession
>>
>>83320090
Again, how is it cucked? Unless you're paying more for the actual bill than you otherwise would without tipping, it's not really a problem. Again, the American system is actually superior, at least for cheap scumbags because you can avoid tipping if you want to, meaning other people are subsidizing the wage of the servers and sometimes cooks.
>>
>>83320134
Concession not granted.
>>
>>83320106
Incorrect.
>>
>>83320142
>Unless you're paying more for the actual bill than you otherwise would without tipping

This is exactly what's happening, how stupid are you? You're literally paying someones wages so their boss doesn't have to. It's good for scummy business owners and bad for consumers, your country is cucked and everybody laughs at you for it. Your new president is only going to make things worse for you too
>>
>be british
>go to america
>out with gf but barely have enough money
>go into cafe
>eat cheap bread
>leave whatever money we have as a tip (around 60 cents)
>go to leave
>waiter chases after us
>"'SCUSE ME SIR YA CAN HAVE THIS BACK"

What did he mean by this?
>>
>>83320195
>how stupid are you?
Not an argument :D
>You're literally paying someones wages so their boss doesn't have to
Again, how fucking stupid are- oh wait, it would be hypocritical to ask that. Anyway, obviously, you're paying for the wages indirectly any time you pay for any meal, even with tip because minimum wage is being paid. With tip than without, servers are demonstrably paid less with a base rate than they would without tip. Again, you would have to be a retard to think that in every case, because you're paying tip, you're being more. I know that's no an argument, just thought I would point that out.
Again, the American system is superior because the lower wages the servers accept with a tipping system actually makes the base cost of the food superior, so if you really want to save money, you can legally not pay it, unlike in the shitty Europoor system, where you have to pay it every time. I pretty much get away with never paying tip and find consistently that the cost of my meals is cheap than when I travel abroad, though certainly with your declining shitty currencies, this cost has lowered.

Sort of skimmed the rest, where you're giving some poor b8 attempting to give your asinine, irrelevant political opinion, which has nothing to do with the discussion.
>>
>>83320104

Good on you for sticking to your guns on the splitting the check thing. I know there can be some social pressures to conform to splitting it because its "easier". I only split when I guess there's an occasion or someone has spotted me before and im just reciprocating a kindness.
>>
>>83319513
I want AMERIKEKS to LEAVE
REEeEEEEEEEEEeEEe
>>
>>83320384
>base cost of the food superior
prove it
>shitty Europoor system, where you have to pay it every time
blatantly false

take your BTFO and leave cuccboi
>>
is hospitality the only industry where you can demand extra money to have pride in your job?

you should strive to be the best at what you do and if that means being exceptional at serving people then thats what you need to do.
>>
Id agree with Mr Pink. They already have paychecks. Why not tip a cook? He's the one that made you the meal. Also, any place with required tipping should be closed down.
>>
>>83320453
Well, you got me Europoor. I did a fairly thorough search and I couldn't find a source that indicated base food prices where higher in Europe. But I'm only speaking from experience, but again, the declining Euro partially makes this more moot.
And my point was that, of course, you are indirectly paying the entire servers' tips when you don't pay tip, while almost the entirely of it is paid in America, which you basically decline not to pay if you're cheap enough, as tipping isn't legally required.
>>
>>83319134
Tipping is a scam used by various industries to dramatically reduce labor costs, QOS stopped having anything to do with it years ago, you can tip 20 dollars to a waitress who will still spit in your food the next time you visit.
>>
>>83320406
Very relevant and will probably show it to them soon.

https://youtu.be/9zyp8RF-Fyw
>>
>>83320377
>not responding "RADICAL, DUDE! ROCK ON!"
>>
>>83319417
>European countries treat their customers very coldly and don't really cater you
In other words, you went abroad and acted like the loud obnoxious overweight yank that you are, and people treated you appropriately.
>>
>>83320688
What you don't seem to understand is that 'europoors' have wages that they can actually live on. They don't need the tips to survive, unlike in your rich land of the free. Europoors get tips as an extra, if the customer thinks they deserve one. (or if she's hot, let's be real here)
>>
File: why not this image.jpg (117KB, 1299x1500px) Image search: [Google]
why not this image.jpg
117KB, 1299x1500px
There is literally argument. In America it is legal for employers to pay service workers below minimum wage because it is implied that you will be tipping them.

If you have an issue with that then get into labor rights and find out what needs to happen to end that practice. Until then not tipping does nothing but exploit a shitty loophole in what is essentially an honor system.
>>
>>83322779
>There is literally argument.
Yes, that is the gist of this thread.
>>
>>83322779
>In America it is legal for employers to pay service workers below minimum wage because it is implied that you will be tipping them.
No, if a server doesn't make minimum wage from tips, they're paid up to that point by their employer.

They all make well above minimum wage though, thanks to retards like you giving them handouts for doing their incredibly trivial job.
>>
>>83319513
>undertale skeleton
>shit opinion
imagine my shock
>>
>>83320016
its not idiot
>>
reminder many of these restaurants who pay grossly below minimim wage and expect their customers to pick up the tag also staff their kitchens with illegals to also pay them grossly below minimum wage
>>
>>83320016
The japs literally only tip for the novelty of it. The idea of tipping is so foreign to them that they think it's cute.
>>
File: 1452696590076.png (205KB, 512x327px) Image search: [Google]
1452696590076.png
205KB, 512x327px
>>83323023
>"McDonald's is terrible" is actually considered a shit opinion
Americans, everyone.
>>
>>83323489
Don't assume my nationality Eurostani
>>
>>83323489
I'm not American, but I eat McDonalds maybe three or four times a year. What's so bad about it? I've always found the Big Mac to be pretty damn tasty. The only issue I have with McDonalds is the facility and class of people who go there.
>>
>>83323283
One time my father went to Japan and one of his friends forgot their wallet on the table of a restaurant and when they went back to get it it had been left there untouched. That's how little they care about free money.
>>
>>83322633
I still appreciate the American right to skip out on tip, and thus pocket what would otherwise go to servers. Filthy Europoors have to actually and indirectly pay servers a "living wage" whether they like it or not. Disgusting.
>>
File: tumblr_nzh42djz1u1qdiamso1_1280.png (331KB, 1000x618px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nzh42djz1u1qdiamso1_1280.png
331KB, 1000x618px
>>83323688
McDonald's is pretty low tier even amongst fast food. I would take literally any other fast food joint over it. Burger King, Wendy's, Church's Chicken, etc.
>>
>>83323796
Not him, but I would say I've developed a liking for the McDonald's taste, but undoubtedly, it's a better value for the money than those places.
>>
>>83319134
Anyone who actually tips is a fucking idiot.
>>
>>83323796
>Burger King

Are these dying out in the UK? I haven't seen one in ages and I live in London.
>>
>>83323855
Wienerschnitzel's combos give you WAY more for the money. Only reason to go to McD's is if you want a Happy Meal toy.
>>
>>83324060
>Wienerschnitzel
I have no fucking idea what that is, so I'll have to take your word for it.
>>
>>83323860
I don't know, I'm American.
>>
>>83324086
It's THE place to go if you like chili, and even if you don't.
>>
Is this the most divisive topic on, dare I say it, all of /tv/?
>>
>>83324925
No, Donald Trump is more divisive. But it's okay, because as you know, he will not divide us.
>>
>>83323788
>Filthy Europoors have to actually and indirectly pay servers a "living wage" whether they like it or not.
Indirectly? The employer is responsible for its employees, not the customers. And yes, 'europoors' have to pay employees a living wage, it's crazy I know, so poor.
>>
>>83319417
>European countries treat their customers very coldly and don't really cater you, fill your cups, make sure everything's alright like in the states.

Unfuckingtrue. Maybe next time don't go screaming and throwing your diapers because they didn't serve chicken tendies. Then again you sound like one of those generic fat retard tourists who rarely stray away from tourist traps so no wonder you got treated like fat retard tourist.
>>
>>83319948
Tarantipo is truly one of the greatest directors of our time for this reason.
>>
>>83325648
Well, the in our case, the employers are still responsible, and they're still paid minimum wage, and more than that depending on their tip, which Americans can legally skip out on. Europoors have no such luxury and can't partially not pay servers. Exceptions to this are when there's actually tipping involved in Europoor restaurants, but this is usually at a much lower rate, leaving other Europoors who don't want to be cucked by Kike restaurant owners less of an option to pay servers less. This privileged is enshrined in our culture.
>>
>>83326766
>they're still paid minimum wage
Which isn't a living wage, oh the luxury.
>>
Waiters in California received a tipped wage of $10.50/h, which is the minimum wage of California

There is literally no reason to give tips to waiters in California since they are receiving their minimum wage by base (not even just as compensation if their tips don't add up)
Since Reservoir Dogs takes place in LA, Mr. Pink is in the right
>>
>I tip if effort is put in
>effort isn't put in
Pinkie boy did nothing wrong.
>>
>>83326903
Can't you fucking read? They're paid that, and more depending on the tip, which I never pay to save money? Can Eurocucks say the same? Usually not.
>>
>>83327184
>Can Eurocucks say the same?
'eurocucks' can say that, land of the free can not. Your minimum wage is not enough to live off, you can lie and claim otherwise if you want, but that is why tipping is considered mandatory. In the land of the free employers make their customers pay for their employees, in europooria they don't have to. Not sure why you're getting so upset over this, it's common knowledge.
>>
>>83327380
I prefer to be in a position where I can pay less at meals and have the servers make less. I don't see why you fail to allow this. Unless you're server yourself or have a reason why I should if they make less money if I can keep more of it.
>>
>>83319134
>be American
>be so wealthy that I can afford to give extra money for quality service
Rest of the world BTFO
>>
>>83323860
There's one in Euston. It is stupidly expensive and underwhelming.
>>
>>83327511
You still don't understand that the customer doesn't pay more, it's the employer that makes less, because he has to pay more. I'm not sure why 'europoors' are so 'cucked' that they think minimum wage should be a living wage. Land of the free has the freedom to be starving and homeless. europoors BTFO.
>>
>>83327714
Again, I can say from experience that I paid more in Europe because their base prices paid for a higher minimum wage, which only makes sense, as tip plus the menu item costs equal the menu item cost in Europe. Don't pay the tip and you make that much more.
>>
>>83327866
Wew it's almost as if 'europoors'....are... not poor...?
>>
>>83328203
Then the Europoors Europoorer who pay slightly more for their meals because they don't have the option to not pay tip.
>>
>>83328349
>they don't have the option to not pay tip
sigh....
>>
>>83328732
I meant to say, they don't have the option to not pay that portion of the server's wage. Even if it goes to owner, I care more about decor anyway.
>>
Cost of meal dictated by restaurant head = [(money to cover base wage of waiter)+(other wages and costs)+(profit margin)]
In America: (money to cover base wage of waiter) = (base wage) - (waiter's tips)
Therefore, in America: Cost of meal = [(everything listed in first line) - (tips)]

Cost of meal can be anything and jews exist globally but cost must meet a certain minimum for the restaurant not to lose money and fail. The point is the american can skip on tip and end up paying less than if the cost of meal had to pay for the full waiter's base wage. If all americans stopped tipping unanimously then owners would have to raise cost of meal if they wanted to maintain their profit margins. Euros don't have this option.

Customer is always paying for all wages, wages and all other costs are paid with revenue and revenue only comes from customers.
>>
>>83328732
I was going to say you were a sport, but you sort of an insistent asshole. But, I'll fess up. Of course, I don't skip out paying tips: only total assholes do that. I actually considering "mandatory" tipping to be a highly inefficient system. I also don't know if meals in America and Europe cost the same, but I appreciate the simplicity of seeing prices on a menu and just having to compute tax, which is usually so low, it's not an important consideration. Ultimately, I don't mind as long as my bill is lower, but the system is still inefficient.
Service is actually my least valued aspect of a meal, so I wouldn't mind if servers were actually paid less in our system. Unfortunately, the notion that we're somehow paying servers' wages to make up for minimum wage really only applies on the low end, and severs on the high end, because of the tipping system, can be some of the most overpaid people on earth, when considering the necessary skill sets for even the most opulent restaurants. I would actually much prefer that that money went to pay the chefs, the cost of the decor, and the owner himself, as that would actually reward the aspects which actually make an fine restaurant, which is rarely the service itself. One would think there would be far more restaurants, especially on the high-end, would just start eliminating "mandatory" tip in order to keep some of that money considering that it makes the servers so immensely overpaid, but strangely that isn't the case.
To reiterate, I actually prefer tipping to be purely optional and even unexpected, but you really characterize it, as it's not some Jew system designed to cuck or overcharge Americans or even bilk servers, (when because of tipping, the exact opposite is true), but just a custom that was created for whatever reason in America which results in an inefficient means of compensation.
>>
DUDE!! COME ON!!! JUST SHUT UP MAN!!!!
>>
>>83331669
>>83328732
I was just being a sophist because I dislike seeing asshole Yuropoors shitting up the board by whining about Americans, not because I'm triggered, but because I really despise this mentality of ragging on America all the fucking time when it's not clever, it's not original, and no Americans in anyway think less of their country, but just think that Europeans are fixated on hating America because of some inferiority complex, which or may not be true, but that's always the impression that's given. We are never going to think you people overall have it better unless we're self-hating Americans who are already disposed to think that. It's not even certain that you don't live in one of those really shitty European countries where they're practically developing, or even in a really shithole country.
You can conclude I'm mad because I wrote all this, but I'm not, and would just make the same assumption everyone else would.
>>
>>83331807
I should say, the same assumption every American would.
>>
>>83319660
As opposed to what? Going behind the bar and making a drink yourself? Going into the kitchen and fixing your messed up order?

The entire point of going out to eat is that they do all the work for you.
>>
>>83329486
>>83331669
>>83331807
lmfao is this the same person? u avin a breakdown m8?
>>
>>83319169
underrated
>>
>>83331914
How am I having a breakdown? I just explained that this entire time, I was only sophistically defending tipping and then explained its actual drawbacks, concluding that the European system is better.
>>
>>83320016
American tipping isn't tipping, thats the thing that annoys me most. Don't fucking call it tipping if youre going to crack the shits at a customer who doesn't tip. Call it a compulsory service charge or something
>>
Waiting is an easy job, managing them is far harder
>>
>>83328349
what are you talking about?

You have never been to Europe right?
>>
>>83332307
I was bullshitting. I am actually somewhat interested in how the actual meal prices compare altogether, though that would also have to take in account local wages.
>>
>>83319417
>European countries treat their customers very coldly and don't really cater you, fill your cups, make sure everything's alright like in the states.

.t american justifying his 30% tip with ridiculoua ideas about service in Europe.

retardness is bliss enjoy it
>>
>>83331669
>you really characterize it as some Jew system designed to cuck
I'm not the one who started using words like 'europoor' and 'cuck' m8. I was ridiculing your, and really anyones use of the words, and sarcastically agreeing with you. All europe vs usa discussions are nonsensical anyway, because unlike what americans seem to think, the differences between european countries are much, MUCH bigger than the differences between your states. You're comparing a country to a continent, full of different countries.

>Europeans are fixated on hating America
lol it's not hating, it's ridiculing.
>>
I only tip at places I know I'll go to again because I don't want them to spit in my food
>>
>>83332513
>I'm not the one who started using words like 'europoor' and 'cuck'
Really? So >>83319227, >>83320090, >>83320195, wasn't you? If I can't assume that, then you really can't assume the same thing about me.
>sarcastically agreeing with you.
Sarcastically agreeing with what, exactly? That the tipping system actually allows people to pay less if they simply decide not to pay tip?
>unlike what americans seem to think,
I don't know what the basis of saying this would be. Obviously, Americans are aware there's a greater disparity of wealth between Moldova and Luxembourg than any two states, which isn't really a credit to Europe itself.
>lol it's not hating, it's ridiculing.
K. It still amounts to a irrational fixation that accomplishes nothing, and the mischaracterization of actual problems just compounds the pointlessness of the remarks. To the extent that Americans don't pick apart the problems of individual European countries or even Europe as a whole by comparison is the extent of how little they care about individual European countries, or even Europe as a whole.
>>
>>83332994
>Really? So >>83319227, >>83320090, >>83320195, wasn't you?
Nope.
>>
>>83333064
K. You basically got around this by using apostrophes, which you omitted at >>83323788. If that was a typo, then consider all my instances of those words typos in which I meant to use quotation marks.
>>
>>83333218
>which you omitted at >>83323788.
Wasn't me either.
>>
>>83333309
K. Well consider all my uses ironic to, which they really were as I was shitposting at that point. It's not like I had any reason to completely reverse my position and explain why tipping system is inferior, (though for the exact opposite reasons mentioned), if I were being genuine.
>>
>>83332994
>To the extent that Americans don't pick apart the problems of individual European countries or even Europe as a whole by comparison is the extent of how little they care about individual European countries, or even Europe as a whole.
>This is a good thing
>Make america ignorant again
That's exactly the attitude that's being ridiculed.
>>
>>83323692
WTF I love Japan now
>>
>>83333584
So it's better to be fixated on America's problem? Again, give practical reasons why Americans should give a shit about the problems of irrelevant European countries. If the extent of the extra knowledge European has is fixating on minor problem that Americans have, (which absolutely describe its tipping system), only to show that that basically know jackshit about it and criticize it from an asinine perspective, this useless sort of knowledge Europeans can keep, but its only use it circlejerking about how much better they are than Americans in regards that, when presented to actual Americans turn out to be almost total mischaracterizations, when it doesn't change how inexcusably undeveloped some of these European countries might be in comparison to the U.S. as a whole. I'm personally glad Americans can be ignorant of irrelevant aspects of globally irrelevant countries when knowing these aspects as well as Europeans know similar aspects of our countries only produces useless errors and misconceptions.
>>
I feel no qualms about not tipping because I live in a state where they have to pay you minimum wage no matter what, all the tips are in addition to that. I worked plenty of minimum wage jobs and none of them were deemed tipworthy by society. Mr. Pink is correct.
>>
>>83333924
>So it's better to be fixated on America's problem?
huh?

You're the one who seems to be fixated mate. People travel, people notice things about other countries and cultures, people joke about those things. Stop being so fixated on anything remotely negative about your precious country. And please, for your own sake, stop trying to turn ignorance into a positive trait, no matter how 'irrelevant' you perceive that country to be. It's making you look stupid.
>>
>>83334231
Fixated on what, exactly ? Again, you completely missed the point, which that Europeans frequently obsess about the problems America has, but mention it when it's completely unnecessary. It's like if I point how much better America is for having free bathrooms, free water, and less smoking, and basically made Europeans look backwards by comparisons in this way, because frankly they are. And really, saying that I look stupid is rather ironic, considering what an idiotic theories you expressed as to why we had tipping and what its effects were.
>>
>>83334462
Should amend smoking rates to where Europeans think they can smoke, where they think is everywhere, which is fucking disgusting.
>>
>>83334462
>Stop being so fixated on anything remotely negative about your precious country.
>Fixated on what, exactly ?
lol

> you completely missed the point
I didn't miss your point, your point is that banter, or, 'fixation on america' as you put it, is pointless. But it was never meant to have a point. It's just funny.

>...
And then you continue making the mistake of comparing a single country to a continent filled with different countries, which of course once again confirms the stereotype, free of charge.
>>
>>83319134
Tarantino for talking 15mins about dicks.
>>
>>83334782
Again, how am I fixated on it if I actually allowed it was a negative? There's really no basis in saying that I'm fixating on these negative than you are fixated on defending pointing them out.

I also made the point that these are total characterizations, specifically, why tipping exists and what the actual effect of it is.

Again, I didn't say all European countries had this problem, just Europeans in general, at least compared to the United States. If you thought I was talking about every single country, that was entirely your mistake. By this logic, since there are plenty of restaurants in the U.S. that don't have mandatory tip, the characterization doesn't apply either. Just like not every single European smokes in a more prevailing fashion than Americans, in general, they do, which was my point. Hell, there are even restaurants in Europe that do have mandatory tipping, while, again there are restaurants in the U.S. where this isn't the case.
>>
File: ahhhhyeah.gif (2MB, 275x248px) Image search: [Google]
ahhhhyeah.gif
2MB, 275x248px
>>83319134
>Who was in the wrong here?
literally pic related
>>
>>83335085
>how am I fixated on it
>I really despise this mentality of ragging on America all the fucking time when it's not clever, it's not original, and no Americans in anyway think less of their country, but just think that Europeans are fixated on hating America because of some inferiority complex, which or may not be true, but that's always the impression that's given. We are never going to think you people overall have it better unless we're self-hating Americans
I don't know man, sounds pretty fixated to me. For the last time, we're just joking, we're not trying to make you 'self-hating americans' lol. Euro countries have similar banter among each other, you would know that if you weren't so ignorant. You should wave your flag around, watch the "world" series, eat some fast food and yell freedom while you laugh at homeless people, it might calm your american tits a bit.
>>
>>83335612
>People travel, people notice things about other countries and cultures, people joke about those things.
So, the only reason why I'm fixated and you're not is because my sentence was longer, or was there some other aspect you were referring to?
>we're not trying to make you 'self-hating americans' lol.
I didn't imply that. Also, when I said those European countries were irrelevant, that was clearly a joke as well, and what excuse would you have in interpreting it otherwise?
>Euro countries have similar banter among each other, you would know that if you weren't so ignorant.
Which makes again, makes it funny considering how many of the European countries are so incredibly impoverished. Literally nothing implied that I didn't know that, which is what I found it so funny.
>>
>>83336052
>was there some other aspect you were referring to?
I literally quoted it for you mate. You 'really despise this mentality of ragging on America'.

>I didn't imply that.
Yes, you did lol. 'this ragging makes no Americans in anyway think less of their country'. I mean, I should fucking hope not lol. That would be rather sad.

>makes it funny considering European countries are impoverished
Not sure how poverty is related to humour, must be an american thing.
>>
>>83335085
> problem
>>
>>83336271
>Not sure how poverty is related to humour, must be an american thing.
It doesn't work without the laughing tape lol.
>>
>>83336271
>I literally quoted it for you mate.
And I quoted you. Therefore?
>Yes, you did lol.
Again, I literally didn't imply that, only suggesting all the ways it could affect us, but don't.
>Not sure how poverty is related to humour
Again, it becomes funny when some Europeans are pathetic enough to mock Americans when they're residing in countries that are practically developing when compared. It's like a homeless man whose missing limbs laughing at someone well-dressed and wealthy who has their fly down. They just have to zip it up and it's apparent who's in the better position and ridiculously absurd it is to laugh at someone clearly in a better position. Anonymity somewhat changes the matter, but it just makes it much easier to imagine I'm being "mocked" by someone from a country much poorer than the United States who's trying to ignore how miserable his conditions are by comparison.
>>
>>83336292
Yes, "problem." Have Europeans become so used to paying for water, bathrooms, and having smoke blown in their face that they enjoy it on some self-denigrating level because it's something that makes them different from Americans, even though it's clearly worse? Just a question suggesting the most likely explanation that occurs to me, as it would seem otherwise like a problem, or set of problems to me.
>>
>>83336643
>And I quoted you. Therefore?
If you don't see the difference between joking and despising I don't know what to tell you mate. Sorry.

>I literally didn't imply that, only suggesting it could
lmfao

>it's apparent who's in the better position and ridiculously absurd it is to laugh at someone clearly in a better position.
This is the thing isn't it? You really don't understand banter. Why couldn't a homeless person mock bill gates if he does or says some stupid shit? Because he has less money it can't be funny? What sort of reasoning is that? Your entire way of thinking is alien to me, and quite frankly, it's ridiculous.
>>
>>83336789
I know it's weird to say, since you're clearly American, but you sound like an Indian guy.
>>
>>83336789
>paying for water, bathrooms, and having smoke blown in their face
lolwat?
>>
>go to Belgium
>menu is priced with service in mind

>go to Hungary
>check has an additional 15% service fee

>go to U.S.
>you gotta give extra or else u aint nice

Funny how the cradle of capitalism refuses to actually put a value on service and instead treat it as an extra that deserves a contribution. Fuck off.
>>
>>83337316
>>83337411
I kind of feel bad for Americans on 4chan.
You can't really banter against someone from Europe, since most of them don't really have a strong European identity and it's unlikely that you would correctly guess the country they are from.
The result being some weird insults regarding free bathrooms and free water that no one knows which country it's actually referring to.
At least they're able to cast a wider net now with the immigration crisis.
>>
>>83337316
>If you don't see the difference between joking and despising
That wasn't the issue. The issue was showing by I'm fixated and you're not. Try to keep up.
>lmfao
Not an argument :D
>Why couldn't a homeless person mock bill gates if he does or says some stupid shit?
I never said he could, but at the end of the day, Bill Gates is Bill Gates, and homeless person is homeless, meaning depreciating someone's position when you're in a worse state. It's like the mentally retarded laughing at the dimwitted.
>Because he has less money it can't be funny?
I never said that. It just makes it funnier to the person initially being laughed at.
>What sort of reasoning is that?
Good question. It's a good thing that's not my reasoning.
>>
>>83337788
>You can't really banter against someone from Europe, since most of them don't really have a strong European identity
That's really the problem with the countries in Europe being so irrelevant compared to the United States, stereotypes attacking particular countries fail because the other user can always claim they're from a different country.
>>
>>83337788
>The issue was showing by I'm fixated and you're not.
Your wording implied fixation to me, as does your insistence to convince me otherwise. If I read that wrong, fine, good for you.

>It's like the mentally retarded laughing at the dimwitted.
lol no it isn't, you really just don't get it. Another stereotype confirmed. I'd tip you if I could.
>>
>>83338461
was meant for >>83337865, obviously
>>
As someone who has worked in kitchen, most waiters don't deserve shit.
>>
>>83338117
The irrelevance of European countries compared to America is kind of a banal statement to make.
If you'd compare individual American states against Europe as a whole you would see the same thing.
The difference being that America as a unifying entity has a strong shared identity and Europe only very little.
If that's a bad or a good thing politically is up for debate, but the point is that shittalking on the internet isn't really effective when you talk about Yuropoors.
>>
>>83338461
>you really just don't get it.
So you're not going to try an argument? Again, this would be much easier to just laugh at some developing country that decides to mock Americans when the flag is displayed on a post, which is fairly easy considering there are no less than twenty-one developing European countries.
>Another stereotype confirmed.
At laughing at people for mocking me when they're clearly in a worse position? That doesn't seem so much a "stereotype," as a natural reaction. An obvious example would be a country like Molodova mocking the U.S. for not having a universal healthcare system, they're healthcare on average is immensely worse. The irony is "funny."
>>
>>83332989
Why are you going out to eat at all, if that is a legitimate worry?
>>
>>83319134
Americans are wrong lol
>>
File: 1493399652064.jpg (64KB, 720x588px) Image search: [Google]
1493399652064.jpg
64KB, 720x588px
>>83338842
>So you're not going to try an argument?
lol I have tried, multiple times, you have exhausted my resources. You don't get it. Whether that's due to your understanding or my explanation, I'll let you decide.

>At laughing at people for mocking me when they're clearly in a worse position?
No at not understanding, or at least appreciating self deprecating humour. Always the patriot, always number 1, no matter what the facts are. It's a typical american trait that a lot of europeans find hilarious. You lot get so upset when someone criticizes or mocks your precious 'land of the free'. You keep going on about other countries being irrelevant as if it matters. You just, really, do not understand it. You are a stereotypical ignorant flag waver.
>>
>>83338795
>The irrelevance of European countries compared to America is kind of a banal statement to make.
No, it's not, because it basically means that countries that would otherwise mocked are basically ignored on a global scale except during events that make a particular country relevant temporarily, while the U.S. is always relevant. Furthermore, the comparison between sates and entire continent isn't valid because they are of different sort. America and Germany, France, Poland, etc. are all sovereign countries, so they may be compared on like terms, in which one country is clearly more relevant than the rest individually.
>>
>>83339429
>because it basically means that countries that would otherwise mocked are basically ignored on a global scale except during events that make a particular country relevant temporarily, while the U.S. is always relevant
Or, could it be that you just hear and see about america because you're an american in america? And that maybe you just never hear about the endless mocking of france from the brits, the mocking of sweden by finland and vica versa, nigeria and ghana, ozzies and kiwis, the list is as long as there are countries on this planet. It's just that you only know about america.
>>
>>83320016

t. person who has never traveled abroad
>>
>>83339375
>or at least appreciating self deprecating humour.
I'm certainly not going to appreciate if it's not funny. Also, that doesn't make sense. How would it be self-depreciating if I'm not the one making it?
>It's a typical american trait that a lot of europeans find hilarious.
Even more hilarious to Americans is the snobbish European who immediately stops making arguments to mock Americans and twist words in a tortuously absurd fashion to meet some irrelevant stereotype. Take this sentence, for instance:
>Always the patriot, always number 1, no matter what the facts are.
Keep in mind that I literally nothing whatever that suggested that we were number 1, and nothing I said indicated I was a patriot. See how the snob has to invent or pretend were expressed ideas never mentioned, in order to fit his worldview of Americans, usually, as is the case may be, to avoid making an argument, as demeaning the opponent speciously is easier, is especially when one's argument is so weak. Apparently, pointing out the U.S. is, in fact wealthier than many European countries amount to patriotism and a belief that our country is number 1. Perhaps the European lives constantly reaffirming to himself that, by whatever standard ticking his fancy, that this simply cannot be the case and the US is not as great as Americans must think it is. So if I were to mention any county, particularly European country the U.S. is wealthier than, the snob shrieks back in horror at the though. Yet perhaps when it's confessed that not all wealth flows upon to these shores, and that Japan, China, and Germany combined have larger economies, then perhaps he is calmed.
>You are a stereotypical ignorant flag waver.
And you are a stereotypical snobbish European
>a lot of europeans find hilarious.
And thank you for confirming this stereotype.
>>
>>83339768
>Or, could it be that you just hear and see about america because you're an american in america?
If only because of the constant, pathetic attempts of snobbish Europeans due to insecurity at the superiority they're convinced we Americans must have of ourselves, cracking tired jokes utterly devoid of wit and originality, have I to believe that our relevance extends at least to the minds of these insecure Europeans, forcing themselves to feign laughter when humor is not the object, but comfort at an undeniable inferiority.
>>
File: pinksanji.jpg (36KB, 500x349px) Image search: [Google]
pinksanji.jpg
36KB, 500x349px
I only tip when service is exceptional, like a hot flirty waitress or a funny waiter that tells some jokes and food is really good, but it's usually something small like a rest from 42 when I'm paying a 50 bill
>>
>>83340106
different anon chipping in

Americans are shite mate
your country is younger than tiny little fucking churches we've got all over Europe
:^)
>>
>>83339964
>How would it be self-depreciating if I'm not the one making it?
Laughing at your own expense, your own mistakes... You don't actually have to make the joke yourself to be able to laugh at yourself. At least I don't. Maybe it's different for americans.

>Keep in mind that I literally (said?) nothing whatever that suggested that we were number 1
You might not have said it literally, but everything you say just oozes a deeply rooted contempt for anyone criticizing america, in whatever way, especially countries that are poorer, for reasons I still don't quite understand.

>See how the snob has to invent or pretend were expressed ideas never mentioned
It's a stereotype lol.

>the snob shrieks back in horror
lmao, the way you equate wealth to superiority, whatever the context, is mind boggling to me. Again, must be an american thing. Have fun with that I guess.
>>
>>83340709
See how the Eurosnob suggests perhaps the most ridiculous standard by which a country should be judged: it's age, disregarding the numerous countries immensely older than his own, or perhaps considering his country when it was inhabited by mere barbarians as somehow a sovereignty entity!
>>
>>83341028
>standard by which a country should be judged
lol

>disregarding the numerous countries immensely older than his own
So, you should only joke about things you are the absolute 'best' at? Is that what you're saying? Jokes for you are just a way to tell others how much better you are than them? You must be lots of fun at parties.
>>
>>83340956
>Laughing at your own expense, your own mistakes
It's literally not self-depreciating humor unless you make it "yourself". The words sort of make that clue. That's the difference between that type of humor and others.
How about this for a joke: Europeans are frightfully insecure about what they see as America's undeniable superiority that they have to continuously repeat the same unfunny jokes like religious mantas, and immediately attack any American who points to the naked emperor that is this coping mechanism, i.e., horrendously awful jokes.

Wasn't that a hoot? Well, that wasn't really a joke: it was more like a psychological analysis, but it's at least still depreciating.
>You might not have said it literally, but everything you say just oozes a deeply rooted contempt for anyone criticizing america, in whatever way, especially countries that are poorer, for reasons I still don't quite understand.
And everything you say practically admits outright how agonizing it is your perception, (as you won't deny your own senses), of America's greatness, so much so that any possible custom, no matter how obscure, misunderstood, or devoid of any hilarity, must be obsessively exploited, so that an image is constantly projected to Americans that the Europeans have nothing but contempt for America and its people's, and no possible facet of America that could possibly be presented as a flaw should be forgotten, until it's conveyed as a joke, has gone though every conceivable variation, until whatever interesting or offensive element of it has been utterly run dry, so such "jokes" are more calling cards for all Europeans with an equal degree of obsessive hatred, which thankfully for them, as misery loves company, seems to be of a immensely large number.
>>
Touching again on the hysteria involved in this condition, it was suggested by this maniac that I thought, that America was "always number 1, no matter what the facts are," regardless of that very fact that I never contradicted a fact. I suppose it really isn't beyond them to imagine facts genuinely negative of the Great Satan, fabricate facts with no connection to reality, or, in the most delusional, to think that facts against America must have been mentioned that never were, as how could there, in any discussion, ever be wanting attacks against such a monstrous nation, which reveals a complex consisting of multiple strongly contrary opinions, resulting in a cognitive dissonance that establish a heavily neurotic complex: that America is unstoppable, but a mere paper tiger military, that Americans are rightfully patriotic, yet have everything to be ashamed of, and its superiority is undeniable, yet everything depreciates it.
>It's a stereotype lol.
Naturally, devoid of any facts to back up his judgement, he must rely on stereotypes without any factual basis beyond strong delusions bordering on the hallucinogenic, until he he left with concepts without precepts. And what of it, as how could anything unfavorable view of Americans possibly be wrong or without foundation? This sort of reasoning only works when conversations are established between two Eurosnobs, with the more fanatical, (during differences of devotion to this world view), convincing the other. Thus, European snobbery is an exemplar example of self-perpetuation, possibly able to be communicated to non-Europeans, with the exception of Americans, of course.
>>
>>83340956
>the way you equate wealth to superiority
See how the snob attempts to convince himself wealth is of no value. With a mind so adept as is, he can reason it in seconds into a vice, and thus conclude America is the most evil country in the world, which was of course taken for granted in his mind, with frequent proofs, yet taken as an axiom, but every new demonstration of this notion always sought after.
>>
>>83319417

Every restaurant I went to in Spain did this. Its as if they don't want to work.
>>
>>83342187
>>83342221
>>83342261
The butthurt is real with this one, holy shit.
>>
>>83341384
>So, you should only joke about things you are the absolute 'best' at?
>Witness the Eurosnob, deranged at this point, derive totally without basis a principle never implied or indicated, clearly lost in pure abstractions as how he can catch the American in a trap. The principle, of course, is repulsive to him, as, believing the diametrical opposite, that "you should only joke about things you are the absolute 'worst' at?" as he can only tolerate self-depreciating jokes from Americans, and as he believes, shutting out the part of him that affirms America's superiority, that America is the absolute worst at anything, he invited any America to mock his own country for every conceivable aspect, as he believes, in perhaps a split personality, that America is the worst at everything. The side is just internally admitting America is the best, but then denying by reaffirming the opposite. The former side induces anger, the other terror.
>>
File: kekwut.jpg (14KB, 218x300px) Image search: [Google]
kekwut.jpg
14KB, 218x300px
>>83342187
>>83342221
>>83342261
>waaaaa stop making fun of muh country!!!
>>
>>83342353
As a great leader said, one you probably despise because of her love of America, "I'm enjoying this!" And I will continue to enjoy that America and an obsessive, irrational hatred lives rent-free in the mind of our European friends, always willing to shoot out once provoked, or not.
>>
File: angryboy.jpg (152KB, 1300x1044px) Image search: [Google]
angryboy.jpg
152KB, 1300x1044px
>>83342448
>>
>>83342485
See the Eurosnob, mad with anger, conflate identifying his mental illness with demanding that he stop, convinced that every American must shriek back in horror at such inept attacks.

See how his responses have become shortened and even more incoherent than usual, totally detached from reality, as if he were fighting shadows that haunt him.

Respond would accomplish little, except inducing further cognitive dissonance as he takes every response as a bizarre confirmation of some anger I must have, yet outraged that persist in diagnosing his descent into total insanity.
>>
>>83342666
I'm american faggot. You're pathetic.
>>
>>83342650
Anything beyond dragging pictures and somehow managing to post is unmanageable to the unsound snob, pictures that communicate nothing but the projections of his own inner emotional state, and perhaps with a baby, also indicating his intellectual capacity, but that may just be a coincidence.
>>
>>83342666
nice reddit spacing, satan
>>
Here in Japan we have no tip. No waitress hover over your table asking how you are every 2 minutes. No waiter to inject himself into your conversations, pretending to care.

You just call them over when you need something, no problem.
>>
>>83323859
>Anyone who doesn't tip is a fucking poorfag.

Fixed it for you my dude. No tip required.
>>
>>83319417
Looks like someones never been to Japan.

Even if they were volunteering, they'd still be more polite and respectful to customers than anywhere else
Thread posts: 168
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.