[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If Elisabet was a product of Alma's psyche, or they were

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: p.png (998KB, 1480x1080px) Image search: [Google]
p.png
998KB, 1480x1080px
If Elisabet was a product of Alma's psyche, or they were at least one and the same, how does the doctor acknowledge Elisabet's existence near the beginning of the film, while "Mr. Vogler" completely ignores her? Is Elizabet visible to the doctor because the doctor sees through to Alma's subconscious and thus strips her bare Alma's surface identity? Or is the doctor also a part of Alma/Elisabet's subjective reality, forming some kind of psychoanalytical mediator?
>>
I know you guys watch movies once in awhile.
>>
>50% complete off topic dogshit
>49% capeshit and tv show of the moment pleb shit
>1% attempt at discussing a movie
>never ever under any circumstances mentions the name of the movie anywhere in the post so no one knows what they are talking about

this is the absolute worst board gholy fuck
>>
>>83317828
Does any of them have any pit hair scenes?
>>
>>83317828
You do realize that you are watching art.

You have to STOP treating everything like it's a fantasy or science fiction where there are hard rules. Stop looking for plot holes. She's not an actual manifestation of her psyche. She's a character who exists to expand on the other character's situation.
>>
>>83318873
this isn't really the kind of question someone who can't tell what film it is by the screenshot or the question itself could answer

it's Persona, by the way, and i haven't seen it
>>
>>83318873
Man, it's Persona. It's probably the second most popular Bergman film other than The Seventh Seal and you could reverse search the OP image to find it.
>>
>>83318993
I don't mean to sound like I'm "looking for plot holes" or trying to spot inconsistencies in the film, but I also find it kind of lazy to neglect a more detailed interpretation of the film and Bergman's reasons in making it. I see a weird sentiment here lately that trying to understand a film beyond a basic aesthetic experience is somehow trying too hard and making a mockery of the work. I think the best films often have something inexpressible in them that cannot be satisfactorily explained in a neatly wrapped up interpretation, but I'm not trying to boil Persona down to an intro to film studies "what does it MEAN" essay. I'm just interested in how others interpret the relationships between these characters in the experience and how it may relate to a subjective reality, something that recurs in films influenced by it like 3 Women or Mulholland Drive.
>>
one last bump
>>
Man, it's been ages since I watched this. I don't even remember pondering about their identity. My interest was fixated on Liv Ulman's character depression and tiredness with the world.
>>
>>83320275
It's an all around hypnotizing film, but her performance is especially so.
>>
TWO SCOOPS??
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.