[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Place Beyond The Pines is stylistic trash with no substance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

The Place Beyond The Pines is stylistic trash with no substance terrible plot/character development and for the most part subpar acting. Eva Mendes was terrible. Any other thoughts?
>>
actually its super truthful and thought provoking film which im going back to time and time again.
The way it shows the generations relating to each other through time i never seen elsewhere. It is very honest.
>>
>>83317511
The 1st 50 minutes are so cringy for me, the way gosling meets his partner makes no sense, he just was riding through the woods super fast and "hey u can ride pretty good kid" " "when you ride like lightning you crash like thunder" A lot of the lines between the two seemed cheesy. Eva mendes character is so random and forced. Her relationship with the black guy seems disconnected and cucks him in .5 seconds even though shes lived with him for a year. Which i guess makes some sense since its ryan gosling but comeon they couldn't make a scene where she atleast shows some remorse or goes "oh i cant do this its not right"
>>
>>83317648
>>83317511
I did like Bradley Coopers performance tho
>>
Ray Liotta is a pimp too
>>
>>83317473
>Confirmed for having a beta male father figure that stuck around.
>>
>>83317473
The tiny details and realism is what makes it kino. When gosling is a telling eva that he wants to look his kid in the eye when he tries ice cream for the first time and she starts crying slightly out of frame the shit was real and something you could miss because they weren't trying to hard to point everything out in this movie.
>>
>>83318165
He gave his kid chocolate icecream for the first time and you call it kino
>>
>>83318218
Yea thats what I said..

did you watch the movie?
>>
>>83318280
who would realistically give their 1st born chocolate for the first time you degenerate. Vanilla would've been kino
>>
>>83318292
Cant argue with that I guess.
>>
>>83318415
You made a good point that I never thought of though. I liked the scenery and a lot of the scenes I thought were just random, but I never thought they were unrealistic, just bad for plot development. Perhaps I was looking at it the wrong way and should just enjoy each scene as is and not care too much about the transitions.
>>
>>83318511
The transitions are abrupt but it makes me think it gives the movie a almost dream like sense through out it especially with the passing of gosling dying and even the continuity of it starting in the 90 and moving 15 years later is almost blurred almost like "it follows" did
>>
This thread is vacuous trash with no critical substance terrible writing and for the most part devoid of purpose. OP was terrible. Any other thoughts?
>>
I overheard a group of people unironically think it was a sequel to drive.
>>
>>83318630

fck off """""James""""
>>
>>83318613
I never watched "It Follows" it came across to me as an excuse to film people having sex for 90 minutes. I'll check it out now though
>>
>>83318703
Well when you watch that movie pay attention to how you cant tell what season it is or what year it is.
google what I am talking about
>>
>>83318730
will do, thanks mang
>>
File: leo425.jpg (80KB, 425x265px) Image search: [Google]
leo425.jpg
80KB, 425x265px
>>83317473
OP here thread. I have officially changed my opinion on the movie. I think it's good and would recommend watching
>>
>>83317473
Haven't seen it, not going to see it.
>>
>>83319604

Just imagine what was going through the brain of whoever posted this. When was the last time a thought entered the mind of this drone of a human being?
>>
>>83317648
HEY BLUEPILLED BETA
>>
i bet this faggot >>83317648 is also one of those plebs who hate Drive, since basically gosling's arc is the continuation of Drive's story..
>>
It could have been much better, the story wasn't that bad, just how it developed after Gosling's death.
>>
>>83317473
Saw it in theaters. It sucked.
>>
the guy playing Bradley Cooper's son was distractingly bad, even if I was supposed to hate him it wasn't done well.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.