[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just marathoned the first 30 minutes of Dune. I can see why this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 412379_1270398036170_full.jpg (24KB, 500x332px) Image search: [Google]
412379_1270398036170_full.jpg
24KB, 500x332px
Just marathoned the first 30 minutes of Dune. I can see why this movie flopped, but so far it seems like it's actually a pretty good movie. Should I keep watching?
>>
Why didn't the Aiel simply keep their word to the Aes Sedai?
>>
>>83311237

Yeah, it's great.
>>
Arakis...Dune...DESERT PLANET....
>>
Just fuxking watch it
>>
I thought it was pretty good until the last 1/3 where it tries to do everything at once.
Poor Lynch.
>>
>its another whispering exposition moment

No.
>>
>>83311237
>marathoned
>30 minutes
Are you fucking kidding me?
>>
File: ATOMICS!!!.gif (51KB, 391x170px) Image search: [Google]
ATOMICS!!!.gif
51KB, 391x170px
If you don't have any family atomics you are a fucking pleb.
>>
>>83311237
The TV shows were much better imo, but that's just me.

I don't think Lynch was tailored to make a "space opera", and being a fan of the books myself, I was immensely disappointed by the movie.
>>
>>83311237
>Should I keep watching?
After the 30 minute mark? What are you a normie? Put another flick on for 30 minutes, then another one, then rotate between them. That's how movies should be watched.
>>
>>83312565
kys retard
>>
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2B6jgkcANRE
I watch this bout twice a year.
>>
>>83312742
Thank you based anon
>>
>>83312702
No Dune adaptation has gotten it right. They never make it to God Emperor of Dune which is the focus of the whole series and is where the first movie/series should begin. The first three books lead into it, and the last two expand out from it.

Leto II needed to become the most powerful person in existence, a literal God-Emperor. He deliberately held back and controlled the human species in order to guarantee their survival. Without him humans were liable to stagnate or kill themselves off. But he held a tight grip on humanity until its need to grow and expand exploded. When he died, there was nothing to hold people in and they exploded across the universe in the Scattering (and it's actually implied that they travelled into other universes as well).

Leto II left behind a legacy of tyranny, but he also guaranteed the infinite survival of the human species, though he had to sacrifice his humanity and his life to do so.
>>
>>83312966
What was holding them back from expanding before he came along, and why would spending a thousand years having their sense of initiative bred out of them by a totalitarian government prepare them to become intergalactic pioneers?
>>
>>83312966

they should just freestyle it, best part of Dune is the world building anyway, story goes to complete shit after the first book
>>
>>83312565
Marathoned here and on /a/ sometimes means watching a show or part of a show at 1x or like 1.25x speed. Since a lot of people watch basically everything at anything from 1.5 up to like 3 or 4x speed and are used to that, watching something slower can feel really plodding and slow, thus, 'marathon'.
>>
>>83313723
The way Leto II explained it, he created his God-Emperor cult to give people something to fear and hate to the point of being a phobia, along with his totalitarian regime which would have made humanity instinctively hate settling down for too long or stagnating under the rule of a single authority. Reverse-psychology on a galactic, species-al scale.

Really, just read the books. But not the ones his gayhomo son wrote those are terrible.
>>
>>83314045
People actually watch shows and movies at 3x and 4x speed? Why on earth would you do that?
>>
>>83314178
It's also sometimes useful to watch things at 0.8x or 0.6x, like when you're playing NetHack on a different monitor.
>>
>>83311237
Looks like quality filmmaking that's for sure.
>>
>>83314178
Say you're trying to keep up with dozens of airing shows and current movies and also seeing older classics and rewatching favorites here and there. An elegant way to do that, without spending literally every waking moment, is to adjust to watching stuff at some accelerated pace. Modern players can do this really well and correct the pitch of the audio and everything. It honestly works amazingly.
>>
>>83311237
Yeah, it's worth watching the whole thing. Dune is a shit movie but it has some interesting visuals and scenes and fuckin amazing music. I mean, if you ever read the book you'll wonder what the fuck the filmmakers where thinking making the changes that they did and why they were so retarded, but the movie does do a good job capturing the weird futuristic mysticism of the book (although it doesn't really present the important "religion is a tool the elites use to control average people" subplot). And like I already said, but it bears repeating, the music is amazing.
>>
File: 1496014443479.jpg (111KB, 1252x1252px) Image search: [Google]
1496014443479.jpg
111KB, 1252x1252px
there are 3 types of people in this world

1. People that watch a film from beginning to end with no distractions
2. People with the attention span of a fly who pause and start multiple times
3. People who make discussion threads about a movie they are currently "watching"

anon, I want you to kill yourself
>>
I loved the movie. It turned me towards the books.
Then I realized how shitty the movie was. But I still loved it. Whatever else, it got the visuals right IMHO.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.