[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFp gu1L1YIc This is how th

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 4

File: maxresdefault.jpg (39KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
39KB, 1280x720px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFpgu1L1YIc

This is how the Alien should have behaved. Slow and creepy as fuck. This shit is scarier than anything Ridley ended up committing to film.
>>
>>83281160
this would have been just too creepy
>>
File: 30.jpg (139KB, 824x691px) Image search: [Google]
30.jpg
139KB, 824x691px
Wouldn't it have made it too easy to kill?
>>
>>83281385
This.
It would be scary for just a moment, then everyone could scape or kill it easily.
>>
Lmao that was cringy as fuck. I'm embrrassed for you that you think that's "creepy as fuck"
>>
this clip only makes sense if you imagine the xenomorph stoned
>>
>>83281160
>>83281385

I've thought about this.
Come to the conclusion that it would work best if it moved slowly, but with great short bursts of speed.
>>
>>83281385
It could behave more like an ambush predator - slow and stealthy, but still fast when it needs to be.
>>
>>83281746

Like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWi9WRr4ZKs
>>
>>83281160

>Expecting Ridley Hack to make a good movie
Looks like you played yourself
>>
>>83282056
More serpentine and sensual would fit the themes better - slow, almost hypnotic movements with bursts of lightning ferocity.
>>
>>83282056
insects are so fucking stupid
>>
>>83282208
exactly what i mean. it moves slow, so you get to keep the grace of the old movie, but has quick unexpected bursts of speed, adding spooky jumpscares for the nu-audiences
>>
>>83281385
In the first Alien movie, it's stated that even a nuclear explosion can't kill it right?
>>
>>83282590
no
>>
>>83282590
only bonus can
>>
>>83281160
I fucking agree. 1979 Alien still freaks me out due to how slow it moved also a guy in a suit is scary not the cgi shit
>>
>>83282590

in the script/novel at least, Parker gets to blast the flamethrower at the Alien in the final scenes when he's with Lambert trying to scramble shit back to the shuttle, and the flames have absolutely no effect on it.
>>
File: DongBurst.gif (3MB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
DongBurst.gif
3MB, 300x200px
This is how the Alien should have behaved.
Slow and creepy as fuck. This shit is scarier than anything Ridley ended up committing to film.
>>
>>83282887
Which would make sense because Ash told them to use it, and Ash is lying out his android ass.
>>
>>83282943
I hope I never have a daughter.
>>
>>83282831
I really just liked the fact that it used it's mechanical-looking appearance to constantly blend into random shit in the ship. It didn't quite lead to jumpscares, because if you paid attention, you'd notice that the alien was ALWAYS THERE just folded up on the floor right behind the characters or whatever.

I just saw covenant, and what a fucking disappointment that shit was. It was like they were trying to do a pseudo-remake of the original, except without any of the subtly that made the original good. And because it uses all the exact same plot elements as the original, none of it is new or exciting. In the original, you have no idea what's going on. In this one, you're just sitting there waiting and saying "oh boy, an egg! I can't wait for this idiot to get facehugged and make a chestburster!"

not to mention how fucking stupid it was that the facehuggers can apparently implant their embryos in someone after only being attached for a split second. What the fuck is the point of the facehugger at all if it doesn't actually need to wrap around the person's face for many hours?
>>
>>83283404
It wraps around the person's face for hours to give the embryo time to gestate without the victim trying to get it removed
>>
>>83283764
better than marriage
>>
>DOOD LETS DO CAMERON'S BUG ALIENS EVERY FUKN MOVIE XD

wtf hollywood
>>
>>83283054
why not?
>>
>>83281160
>This is how the Alien should have behaved. Slow and creepy as fuck.
This was because of technological limitations. It's fascinating how people never get this. They think it was intentional. A lot of older movies do the "slow, creepy never seen" because of budget, not to scare the audience. Rubber masks and suits aren't scary.
>>
>Dude if it moves retardedly slow then its really scary lmao
>this stupid belief is shared by multiple people within the thread

Why do I share a board with such underdeveloped plebs?
>>
>>83281160

piano ruins it, the ambient shit before piano comes in is perfect
>>
>>83285242
>DOOD LET'S DO JUMP SCARES AND PRETEND IT'S ATMOSPHERIC

wtf Ridley circa 1979
>>
>>83286546
>aliums shud moov like my street fighter characters and roaches teehee
>>
>>83286546
But it's true, you dumb faggot. Something moving slowly and unnaturally is inherently unsettling. That's why all the usual horror icons walk slowly toward their victims. Holloween wouldn't work as well if Michael Meyers was just running around like a mugger.
>>
File: spooky.jpg (19KB, 535x230px) Image search: [Google]
spooky.jpg
19KB, 535x230px
>>83286514
this.
still it is amazing how the limits of technology/money leads to amazing things. Like the whole fog thing in silent hill existed to minimize the computations for the playstation 1.

similiar to the old alien movies. The alien is a scary, fast and agile predator. But mr skeleton in a rubber suite cant crawl on walls. So we dont see much besides spooky fingers.
>>
>>83286514
It's true that this was because of technical limitations, but it doesn't change the fact that the unknown and the slow/creepy are scarier than just having in-your-face CGI monsters running around

Oftentimes, technical limitations lead to better movies. Compare the original star wars trilogy to the prequels or JewJew movie.
>>
>>83286934
surprise grandma!
>>
>>83286514
It is really more "creepy never seen" than "slow" for the most part. It allows the audience to fill in the blanks with their own imagination which is always more terrifying than someone else's imagination. Less is more.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.