[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I graduated from a major university with a degree in screenwriting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: NE1cGQUrqS9G52_2_a.jpg (39KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
NE1cGQUrqS9G52_2_a.jpg
39KB, 300x300px
I graduated from a major university with a degree in screenwriting and film production last year. Since then, I've worked on a Netflix show, two indie films, and a blockbuster. That blockbuster was "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales."

All I did on Pirates was an assistant gaffer, but I wasn't excited for the movie because it looked shit. Although I was a long-time fan of the series, it just looked disappointing. Still, work on a HUGE movie.

You might not know, but when you work on big movies (and most small ones), you get an invite to the big premiere. However, if you've already moved away from NY or LA (like most below-the-liners, like me, do) you miss it. So I saw it this weekend, super excited to see my name in the credits.

In the theater we went to (me and two other guys who also did menial jobs in the movie), the first 30 seconds were muted. It was kind of weird, but eventually the audio clicked back in.

Then, I noticed, the house lights never went off. You could read by those damn lights.

Finally, the worst part. If you've seen the movie, it culminates in a huge emotional climax. The soundtrack (super iconic film score) was great, but it was saving the classic "He's a Pirate" theme for the credits. I knew they were.

Well, the projector cuts off with a minute to go. No final scene. No credits, where I was going to see my name, up on screen, and no secret post-credits scene.

I am really just emotionally turbulent because of this. Angry, Sad, and kind of happy because fuck you, it was the best Pirates movie in the entire series, surprisingly.

Anyone have any theater stories I can laugh at or rage with you about? I'm just pissed.
>>
>>83268512
i walked into a theater and got dubs once
>>
File: 1292963175218.jpg (3KB, 126x126px) Image search: [Google]
1292963175218.jpg
3KB, 126x126px
>>83268512
>Although I was a long-time fan of the series,

confirmed false story. If you actually watched the series then you would know they have all been shit.

Thanks for playing but this detective caught you.
>>
>>83268512

Went to see Kong Island, but didn't realise until I got there that I'd taken my Kestrel rather than my Falcon. Manager fucking noticed!
>>
>>83268558
I did that but on /tv/

just now
>>
>>83268602
I meant I grew up with them. Saw the first one when I was 9. Watched all of them when they came out. They've always been good fun.

I forget /tv/ doesn't enjoy things.
>>
>>83268558
Like these?
>>
>>83268558
Me too.
>>
>>83268654
I saw the first when I was 5 and have always liked them. It's probably because they were always one of the big movies I'd look forward to when I was really young.
>>
Only thing that comes close like that was when I went to see Cowboys vs Aliens and during the climax with Daniel Craig fighting ayy lmaos in the base/ship or whatever the film just suddenly stopped. Some issues with the projector and we waiting something like 15 minutes for them to show the rest of the movie. Which seems weird because, as far as I know, most theatres have digital projection and thus are not switching between reels. That is what it felt like, the next reel just wasn't ready to go so the movie just stopped.
>>
I went to see Dark Knight Rises and some guy started shooting into the crowd.

Overall I'd give the experience a 4 out of 10.
>>
>>83269007
I work at a kino. shit happens. everything is programmed on a schedule on conputers. it's all digital unless it's a really old place
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.