[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this movie worth checking out? The story about his final days

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: IMG_0680.jpg (329KB, 960x1440px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0680.jpg
329KB, 960x1440px
Is this movie worth checking out? The story about his final days seemed potentially kino
>>
File: 1494918861790.jpg (62KB, 320x371px) Image search: [Google]
1494918861790.jpg
62KB, 320x371px
>girl brings up this film
>ask her if she liked it
>she said she loved it and wanted to be like the main character
>laugh and ask "even with what happened to him?"
>she asks me what happened
>she only watched the first 20 mins or so
>>
>>83264860
i don't recommend, nothing interesting happens, he's just an idiot. i wanted to like it because im usually into these kinds of movies
>>
>>83264860
yes, it's worth watching
>>
>>83264860
Makes people really mad for some reason. Like posting about this guy hits every one of their triggers at the same time.
>>
>>83264860
its a good film okay story that makes you feel for the character and family

but its kinda propped up as an example of why people cant survive without modern society and that self sufficiency is pipe-dream which is a kind of shitty self defeating message that's not really true
>>
>>83264860
It's one of those movies people misunderstand. Normies think it's romanticizing living fast and dying young.

If you watch it keeping in mind the protagonist is just as flawed as the world he's trying to escape, it's pure kino.
>>
why so people ask if a movie is worth watching instead of just watching it? its 2 fucking hours man just sit down and watch it
>>
>>83264860
2007 was a stacked year so there were better films but it's definitely good and worth watching. He was selfish and left behind tons of people that cared about him.
>>
File: 1471570474170.webm (3MB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1471570474170.webm
3MB, 1000x800px
Yes.
>>
He was an ungrateful richfag from a privileged background who wanted to LARP as a homeless man until he realized that living in the Alaskan wilderness isn't like an episode of Bear Grylls.

I heard the local government in Fairbanks had to remove the bus because it was becoming a pilgrimage site for easily influenced hipster fag who ended up getting stranded like their dead hero.
>>
>>83264860
Read the book.

Like >>83265890 says it's a story with some easily missed nuance that the movie doesn't convey as well as the book does.
>>
>>83264860
The main character is infuriating and you have no respect for him doing what he does and by the end you'll just feel angry at the stupid pleb. Worth watching though.
>>
>>83264990
>>83267972
>>83268405
well balanced individuals leading fulfilling lives
>>
>>83265890
this
>>
>>83264920
Women are fucking trash man
>>
>>83264860
Yeah its comfy till the end then is depressing as fuck. Wont spoil anything other than that
>>
>>83267694
For once fuckface is right
>>
Desperate cry for freedom, that fall into deaf ears among the people from the invisible cage.
>>
>>83264860
He was a piece of shit who got what he deserved!!!FACT!!!
>>
Read the book. Hes an Idiot who thought he knew everything but didn't have any common sense.
>>
File: 1433554350775.jpg (51KB, 499x500px) Image search: [Google]
1433554350775.jpg
51KB, 499x500px
>>83268888
>>83268899
>>
>>83264860
>be spoiled faggot with no survival knowledge
>decide to go Into the Wild™
>bring only a .22, a flint, and a bag of beans or whatever
>die because you're a fucking retard
Wow what a breathtaking story.
>>
Couldn't get over the fact that the man was homeless and had perfect hair in like every scene
>>
The movie is quite great tbqh. Of course, as you can see, most of the Redditors here can't see past the main character's motivation as it if had anything to do with the cinematographic qualities of the film.
>>
>>83267972
Why does Chris McCandless trigger people so much? He was very principled, a bit naive, but a very intense person that died possibly through poisoning resulting from mistaken identification of roots. He wanted to test himself in the most difficult way and failed; but I can't help but respect him immensely for trying, it's more than I'll ever do.

Jon Krakauer is a complete insecure douche though
>>
>>83269700
People it's afraid of what they wouldn't do themselves.
>>
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.