[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Evil Occult-Tier >Just finished watching this. Pretty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: adarksongposter.jpg (82KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
adarksongposter.jpg
82KB, 720x1080px
ITT: Evil Occult-Tier

>Just finished watching this. Pretty good creepy kino if you ask me.
>>
>>83261457
haven't seen that one, might watch it now
Kill List is absolute kino
watch it right now if you haven't
>>
File: killlist.jpg (100KB, 489x640px) Image search: [Google]
killlist.jpg
100KB, 489x640px
>>83261665
>>83261457
>>
Was pretty good. Didn't like the Angel design or the lost souls designs though and wish they played up the ambiguity of everything happening around them more. All in all better than 95% on rotten tomatoes Get Out and those were some good titties.
>>
>>83261457
DAMAGED
>>
>>83261457
This is literally the best movie of the year so far.
>>
>>83262506
You're half right the demons were kind of disappointing but the Guardian Angel was incredible
>>
>>83261457
One question after watching the trailer:
Does this shit actually deal with the supernatural, or does it turn into "DUDE MANKIND IS THE TRUE EVIL LMAO" trope bullshit?
>>
The alchemist cookbook
It's not for everyone, but it is one of the better movies I've see regarding alchemy. Not that there are a lot.
I also recommend Starry Eyes.
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt5128826/
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt2656588/
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt2793490/
>>
>>83263012
never heard of buzzard or alchemist cookbook
alchemic cookbook looks interesting
really liked starry eyes
>>
>>83262506
I liked the Angel design because of how unexpected it was. The spirit designs were meh and typical and hampered because the movie was spookier when you couldn't see any of them.

The scene with the spirit using her son's voice weren't were much better when the face that speaking was up to your imagination.
>>
>>83261665
>Kill List is absolute kino
>watch it right now if you haven't

some of the worse advice I've ever got from /tv/. please stop posting. /tv/ usually delivers good suggestions when it comes to horror:

A Dark Song was awesome.
Also recently watched Southbound, good shit.
>>
>>83263717
there is literally nothing occult in Southbound
and Kill List is pretty good
atmosphere on point
>>
House of the Devil
>>
>>83263761
Not him but maybe my understanding of occult isn't the same as yours but why isn't Southbound occult? Because it isn't people doing ceremonies? Though actually there is a part where there's a ceremony to turn those girls into the demons or whatever they were.
>>
>>83263817
>>83263761
i'm retarded I was confusing southBound with a different movie
pretty sure there is some pagan cannibal old gods family segment or some shit in there
>>
>>83263761
>and Kill List is pretty good

it's not only bad, it's shameless critic bait, full of cheap symbolisms that critics love to pick up on.

>Hmmm, he got another piece of pork, that's gluttony, that's a sin !
>>
>>83264013
it far surpasses 90% of contemporary horror movies that come out
and also
>being this pretentious
all you are is a film critic with an elitist attitude
>>
>>83264083
>it far surpasses 90% of contemporary horror movies

oh boy I hit a nerve. it doesn't surpass anything. the gist of the film is literally "it was an evil cult bro, lmao". people don't behave like that. the movie fails to deliver any thrills or a view of the occult. "people in cults act totally weird, believe me bro"

vastly superior:
noroi (best occult movie in years)
faults (best cult psychology movie)
>>
>>83264346
Noroi is an old-ass movie. I agree that Kill List is pretty overrated. I liked it but it isn't really a standout to me of the genre.
>>
File: 1494966295882.png (80KB, 396x378px) Image search: [Google]
1494966295882.png
80KB, 396x378px
>>83264346
>noroi
What a shit-tier movie
Why people stroke each other off over it is beyond me
>>
>>8326434
>what is atmosphere
>what is aestheticism
>what is film
nigga, go read a book if the plot is the only criticism you have of the film
go review books on /lit/
>>
>>83264482
>>83264346
>>
>>83264444
agree
noroi was mediocre generica at its best
>>
File: cure.jpg (57KB, 533x774px) Image search: [Google]
cure.jpg
57KB, 533x774px
>>83261457
Best occult horrorkino coming through
>>
>>83261665

i love this movie

rec me movies like this
>>
>>83263717
I love folk horror and just couldn't get into Kill List

The original Wicker Man and Robin Redbreast are good films. ALso gonna recommend House of the Devil.
>>
>>83262866
actual supernatural
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.