[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did Season 4 get such a bad rep? I thought it was still

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Netflix_S4_Cast[1].png (1MB, 1333x668px) Image search: [Google]
Netflix_S4_Cast[1].png
1MB, 1333x668px
Why did Season 4 get such a bad rep? I thought it was still pretty good
>>
because michael's hair was distractingly short
>>
You thought wrong
>>
>>83256066
I think it was the non-linear format (which was out of necessity since they couldn't get the actors on the same schedule), but supposedly the new season will go back to its regular format and all the actors have cleared their schedules to do it as a group this time
>>
>>83256066
Mostly lack of chemistry between actors because of how the season was shot.

G.O.Bs episodes are fucking gold, tho.
>>
>>83256879
I actually liked the nonlinear format since it was great for timing joke pay-offs.
>>
GOB is GOAT
>>
>>83256066
this shit is more Reddit than Rick and Morty
>>
>>83256066
oh man that girl became pure shit
>>
>>83256066
it was a hot mess
>>
>>83256066
Because it was basically a 13-hour long episode, and the in-jokes didn't kick in until the 5th or 6th episode. Or, you know, they did, but you didn't know yet.

Try watching the season in a semi-random order and it still works. You just have to be careful not to see each character's dedicated episodes out of order. GOB and Tobias still got the best ones, ofc.
>>
GOB=GOD
>>
>>83256066
Not enough Maeby sex scenes.
>>
I was a huge Arrested Development fan and I was really excited for this but I just lost interest after like 4 episodes, and I've never had any desire to go back and finish it. Just didn't resonate with me for some reason. Even though looking back, show was weakening slightly starting with S3
>>
>>83258144
Yeah, they certainly did make the best of the situation, but I guess most people were put off by it.
>>
It needs to be consumed all at once. Nothing was cut because "fuck it. it's netflix. who cares about a 22 minute episode when we can do 30?" which caused a bunch of mediocre jokes to make it into the episodes.
>>83256879
>>83257769
>>83259507
>>83259625
And these.

I'm sure Mitch Hurwitz learned from his mistakes and season 5 is going to be GOAT.
>>
The entire season was the show's continuity gags taken to an insane degree.

It's only passable if you binge the entire thing in 24 hours, or else half of the gags aren't noticable.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.