[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I still don't get all the hype for this movie. It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

I still don't get all the hype for this movie. It's a good movie but all the other Mad Max movies are much better.
>>
>>83255460
Thunderdome certainly isn't.
>>
everything except for the action scenes (dialogue, characters, plot, editing) is b-movie tier.
>>
File: Iron_cross_marauders.png (721KB, 1065x425px) Image search: [Google]
Iron_cross_marauders.png
721KB, 1065x425px
>>83255460
I'd put it way above Thunderdome and about on par with the first Mad Max, although they're too different to really compare. Road Warrior can never be topped, though. It got everything so right.
>>
>>83255460
I liked Fury Road, but I definitely prefer Mad Max and The Road Warrior.

Mad Max is like Death Race 2000 meets Rocky Horror meets Last House on the Left. It's a weird movie.

And Road Warrior may be the greatest stunt show ever put to film.

Fury Road was dumb and sincere and loud and exciting, but I guess I'll never get over guys throwing tridents and walking the wasteland with a dog. That stuff is iconic in a way that Fury Road doesn't seem concerned with. Fury Road is like a rock video, it never loses direction or focus sprinting forward. Road Warrior feels like grownups playing with toy cars and motorcycles.
>>
>>83255460
this movie might as well be called "Fury Road" because Mad Max takes a fucking backseat. The only good thing about this movie is the chase scenes, literally thats it. It's a poorly executed feminist movie
>>
File: berz.jpg (50KB, 540x451px) Image search: [Google]
berz.jpg
50KB, 540x451px
It was far too into the realms of post-apocalyptic fantasy for me. RW straddled the line of gritty realism and fantasy perfectly. Gastown and Bullet Farm just seemed like lazy handwaves so everyone could have guns, which bothered me. I liked crossbows being the common weapon of choice, with guns being luxuries used by important character with limited ammunition.
>>
>>83255721
Are you just parroting everything you've previously seen in other Mad Max threads so you can get it out of the way early because you've clearly never seen any other of the movies.
>>
>>83255791
something tells me you can sum up every mad max movie based off of the summaries that appear online
>>
>>83255721
>this movie might as well be called "Fury Road" because Mad Max takes a fucking backseat

Every Mad Max movie is like that except for maybe the first one.
>>
I enjoyed it, Thunderdome was definitely the worst. Well, the second half of Thunderdome.

Also Mad Max was better than all the other action films of 2015...unless John Wick came out in 2015 (I don't remember) in which case they're both equal.
>>
>>83255791
Not him, but he's right, to a degree. Max took far too much of a backseat in Fury Road. I get that he's never the 'hero' of the story (more like Han Solo than Luke Skywalker), being a wandering opportunist, but they're stories told from his perspective.

In FR, Max felt like a very optional character. He wasn't well written and had nothing really interesting to say or do, aside from the odd PTSD flashback. It was a movie told from Furiosa's PoV.
>>
>>83255919
>the road warrior is about a group of pacifists and a group of lunatics fighting over gas
>thunderdome is about a midget and some black chick in chainmail
>beyond thunderdome is about some kids with brain damage
>mad max is just some guy used for filler because they didn't have anything else to use for a plot
yeah okay guy
>>
>>83255961
If you think about it, he basically had no fucking dialogue in the movie. He was just there so they could use his name to sell tickets. No one would have seen that movie otherwise
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.