[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just saw this for the first time ever and it's WAY better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: file.png (508KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
508KB, 400x600px
I just saw this for the first time ever and it's WAY better than Alien.

Why the hell isn't there a Thing franchise?
>>
Huh I never thought to make the comparison but now that you mention it you're right. I'm glad there isn't a franchise though I mean just look at what happened to alien
>>
>>83237589
They did a prequel but it just wasn't executed as well as the original.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0905372/

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0905372/
>>
>the thing from outer space - 1951
>the thing - 1981
>the thing videogame - 2002
>the thing - 2011

There is a The Thing franchise, it's just not as big as Alien.
>>
its good but Alien is better imo
>>
File: 1493995591498.jpg (140KB, 640x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1493995591498.jpg
140KB, 640x1024px
I think another The Thing should be completely different from the first one but with the same tone. The things the Thing could do have a lot of room for expansion, like would it go on a rampage once it got to the mainland or would it be an Invasion of the Body Snatchers type thing.
>>
>>83237589
>Why the hell isn't there a Thing franchise?

People like you are the reason we had Terminator 3, Prometheus and Covenant, Alien 4, AvP, Blade Runner 2, you should be killed of silently somewhere in the woods, and hopefully raped so you never express this kind of shit opinion again
>>
>>83238597
>T3
ok
>Prometheus
you're a pleb
>Covenant
you're an even bigger pleb
>Alien "4"
christ this fucking pleb
>AvP
ok
>Blade Runner 2
being a bandwagon pleb

We really need to have a pleb filter to stop low iqs like you from posting here just because you're too thick to understand true art. Back to your subreddit you go.
>>
>>83237589

Because general audiences don't like downer endings.
>>
>>83237693
It's called The Thing from Another World
>>
File: showing them gains.png (41KB, 700x453px) Image search: [Google]
showing them gains.png
41KB, 700x453px
>>83238719
>just because you're too thick to understand true art

summerfags are memeing again
>>
>>83237589
>Why the hell isn't there a Thing franchise?

Thank god for that. I'd rather die than see something like Alien Covenant/Prometheus for the thing.
>>
Love it for what it is. Never demand more from something that is already great.
>>
>>83237765
Nuh uh.
>>
>>83237589

Given the current state of the Alien franchise, would you really wish that upon a movie you love?

If you really want a taste of how bad things could get, watch the shitty 2011 premake. You'll quickly realize this idea is better contained to a singular story.
>>
>>83237652
This.

It would just be butchered to death.

The "prequel" did enough damage.
>>
>>83237693
not to mention the original story by john w campbell.
>>
>>83237589
I thought this way for a while. The first time I sat down and watched Alien I wasn't that impressed for some reason. It seemed like it had aged worse than The Thing.

After I bought Alien: Isolation and started playing it, I decided to watch Alien and Aliens again. I had a lot more appreciation for it this time, and now I think it's one of the best horror films of all time.

I don't know that I can really crown a winner; they're both great films.
>>
>>83237589
The Thing is too powerful if t landed anywhere other than Antarctica life on Earth would be fucked. There's no room for sequels because it would be unstoppable.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.