[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do American's clap in a movie theatre? The cast or crew

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

Why do American's clap in a movie theatre? The cast or crew aren't there.
>>
It's like a way for the audience to say to each other "wow that was great wasn't it?", because if everybody started talking at once you wouldn't be able to hear each other, and also people would rather not talk to strangers if they don't have to usually, so this way they get to communicate without breaking their comfort zone at all
>>
>>83235304
Don't try to explain logic to these retards.
>>
>>83235304
Do you clap when you finish watching a movie on Netflix to let everyone nearby know it was good?

No?

then its also retarded to do in a Cinema
>>
>>83235259

This is true of course, and /tv/ won't like this, but there is a sort of valid reason for the experience.

A number of strangers just sat together and co-existed in a room for two hours. Their experience in the room was totally focused around consuming an experiential story, a particular moving picture with sound, drama, a bit of comedy, or more. The act of watching a film in a theater, put your fucking phone away, don't yell at the screen etc (to be expected in sufficiently non-black populations) is a huge psychic toll on the average normie. But they do it, because they have a sincere desire and commitment to experience art of some kind, however popular, however lowbrow.

So, if it's really GOOD art that makes them feel something, makes them fee like they've shared something with the room, it is quite natural, as human beings, that these humans should wish to somehow politely validate each other's feelings to each other, and to emotionally express their appreciation of the film, even if such expression does not reach the filmmakers. Thus the audience clap.

It is cute and stupid and lets us chuckle Oh Those Stupid Americans, but it isn't completely stupid. It does come from a valid human place, within certain customs.
>>
>>83235364
yes we usually break into usa chants too
>>
>>83235304
>Americans are so beta they can't even talk to each other
>>
>>83235304
So, literally virtue signaling IRL?
>>
>>83235364

Actually shutting the fuck up, being quiet and watching a movie in a theater while barely looking at your phone or anything is a taxing mental effort for most people these days, not just Americans. The build of nervous energy thus finds its release, when the room approves of the experience, in clapping.
>>
>>83235259
It's an expression of one's emotions. Just like saying "that movie was shit" after watching a bad movie, such as alien covenant.
>>
>>83235441

Yes, that's a fair statement.
>>
File: scruffy-brian-wilson.jpg (25KB, 500x339px) Image search: [Google]
scruffy-brian-wilson.jpg
25KB, 500x339px
>>83235304
>and also people would rather not talk to strangers if they don't have to usually

I really hate this about modern America.
>>
>>83235259
Fuck America.
>>
>>83235620
Yeah, you can't expect people to come up to you anymore. I'm a closed-off individual most of the time and the only people that talk to me are people I initiated with first. I guess people are nervous or intimidated or they see the existential memes on Facebook and think it's normalcy now.
>>
>>83235469
>build up of nervous energy
how much fucking sugar are you people on?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.