[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is the origin of the Xenomorph race suddenly so important

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: Xenomorph.jpg (98KB, 1728x792px) Image search: [Google]
Xenomorph.jpg
98KB, 1728x792px
Why is the origin of the Xenomorph race suddenly so important and integral to the Alien franchise?

Why is it and important, who actually cares?

Nobody asks where cockroaches came from, or the origin of dogs and pigs. They're alien parasites. God made them. They crawled out of the primordial ooze. Whatever.

Why do the screenwriters of the newer Alien movies care so much about this? I don't, and I don't think anyone else does either.
>>
>>83232306
>Why is the origin of the Xenomorph race suddenly so important and integral to the Alien franchise?
Money

>Why is it and important, who actually cares?
20th Century Fox execs
>>
>>83232306
its called "alien"
and the movie is about THE alien

what the fuck did you expect moron
>>
>>83232422
But anon, what if the Aliens are...us?
>>
Soooooo why were the engineers going to kill humanity in Prometheus anyway?
>>
>>83232482
Probably they watched the movie and wanted to kill Ridley with all the human kind.
>>
The new generation of millennial "geeks" only cares about random pop culture trivia.

They want answers, they want trivia, they want lore, they want more of everything that is related to their childhood or is fashionably geeky.
>>
>>83232482
Because Jesus was an Engineer and the jews killed him.

This post is not a joke.
>>
>>83232422
>its called "alien" and the movie is about THE alien

The original Alien was a movie where a bunch of people in a cramped space ship were running away from a giant monster while the lights flickered.

Sure, there was lore, world-building and unanswered questions, but that's part of basic sci-fi writing.
>>
>>83232306
>Why do the screenwriters of the newer Alien movies
It's literally just Ridley Scott, he's been banging on about this for years.
>>
Ridley Scott had an existential crisis and wanted to make some money off of it.
>>
>>83232306
cash grab sequels
none of the alien prequels were planned out when Alien was made
>>
>>83232509
>fashionably geeky.
when will this shit be over?
>>
>>83232510
why do (((((((((((those)))))))))))) guys ruin everything?
>>
Because every movie needs to be part of a bigger franchise and have tons of "world building".
>>
>>83232306
because ridley scott is a hack who underestimates the power of mystery and human imagination in storytelling
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.