[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

As somebody who loves the original Robert E. Howard stories,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

As somebody who loves the original Robert E. Howard stories, why is this goofy shit so overrated?
>>
>>83219311
Fantasy films are goofy in the first place, plus prime Arnold.
>>
>>83219311
What are your favs?

It's been a while and I'm halfway that black cover edition with all of them, but I like the ones where Conan isn't involved with kingdoms and shit, just adventures through exotic dungeons or ruins.

Also, do you hate the pulpier sequel, Conan the Destructor? Can you think of any sword and sorcery film that you would sanction as worthy of Howard's style?
>>
>>83219311
Its for teenage boys. Whereas Howards writting is for closeted gay men who live with their mothers, like Howard.
>>
>>83219365
Arnie just looks like a big retarded musclehead who barely strings together a few sentences at a time. Totally not what Conan is supposed to be about.
>>
>>83219554
>Arnie just looks like a big retarded musclehead who barely strings together a few sentences at a time

Literally Conan
>>
>>83219503
Jason Momoa is fucking great as Conan. It's a shame the movie is such garbage.
>>
File: 1450218531996.jpg (149KB, 1505x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1450218531996.jpg
149KB, 1505x1080px
>>83219503
My personal favorite is The People of the Black Circle as it's the first one I read.
>>
>>83219554
Arnie IS Conan you pleb. I don't care if he looks like Adrien Brody in the books and speaks with a posh British accent. Arnold retconned that shit.
>>
>>83219569
“I have known many gods. He who denies them is as blind as he who trusts them too deeply. I seek not beyond death. It may be the blackness averred by the Nemedian skeptics, or Crom's realm of ice and cloud, or the snowy plains and vaulted halls of the Nordheimer's Valhalla. I know not, nor do I care. Let me live deep while I live; let me know the rich juices of red meat and stinging wine on my palate, the hot embrace of white arms, the mad exultation of battle when the blue blades flame and crimson, and I am content. Let teachers and philosophers brood over questions of reality and illusion. I know this: if life is illusion, then I am no less an illusion, and being thus, the illusion is real to me. I live, I burn with life, I love, I slay, and am content.”

t. illiterate closet gay Arniefags
>>
>>83219642
You do realize that Conan the Barbarian existed for decades before Arnold?
>>
>>83219311
>As somebody who loves the original Robert E. Howard stories, why is this goofy shit so overrated?

What's goofy about the movie that isn't Arny?

Also if they changed all the names so you weren't comparing it to the source material you would like this movie.

Anyway. People like the subtle themes, low use of magic in a fantasy setting, low use of spectacle, Arny, and the soundtrack is GOAT.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.