[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

HOLD THE FUCK UP your ship is filled with over 2000 people and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 327
Thread images: 49

HOLD THE FUCK UP your ship is filled with over 2000 people and you got a random signal from a planet you didnt even know exist you dont know it's terrain or atmosphere instead of going to the planet you know 100% about and sending back the info about the random planet to the fucking company you go to a random planet WHY and noone not MOTHER or walter WTF IS THIS SHIT
>>
It's a glorified slasher flick, even the advertising boasted that it was a "smart" one
>>
>>83216537
tbqh once they found the new planet they knew as much about it as they did the one they were going to
>>
File: 3sd4s.png (382KB, 792x401px) Image search: [Google]
3sd4s.png
382KB, 792x401px
>>83216742
& how were they going to settle a planet without knowing what possible kinda of pathogens animals or insects could cause them harm let just jump out the ship and play in the water and go hiking

these fuckers took samples of watch to test it but didnt check for air pathogens did they company say these fuckers were expandable so send them to be the 1st lab rats
>>
File: 3ds.png (572KB, 778x405px) Image search: [Google]
3ds.png
572KB, 778x405px
on fucking earth just touching the wrong plant can fuck you up but these cunt gone on a different planet found a space ship and poke a fucking mushroom
>>
>>83216893
breh, it's make believe. You can ask the same questions about the planet the initially intended to colonize.
>>
Scott should just retire, don't you think?
>>
File: 1488275353833.jpg (31KB, 294x443px) Image search: [Google]
1488275353833.jpg
31KB, 294x443px
>>83216742
This is true, the problem is the following:

You are in charge of a settler colony of x amount of people all in cryostasis completely under your responsibility.

1. Do u settle planet A as instructed by your superiors (downside is you have to go into cryostasis again and you'll feel sick when you get out again for a bit)

Or

2. Do you settle planet B, which was mysteriously undetected before, with the mysterious signal which appeared after a random almost-catastrophic space incident (upside is you don't have to feel sick again from waking up from a cryostasis the 2nd time)

Keep in mind that 2000+ lives are at stake

What do you do /tv/?
>>
File: 313.jpg (68KB, 711x724px) Image search: [Google]
313.jpg
68KB, 711x724px
>>83217057
so they send a ship to colonized a a planet they never set foot HOW BOUT SENDING A FUCKING SCIENCE TEAM WITH HELMETSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS 10 years before every fucking one EVEN THE FUCKING ROBOT HAD A HELMET but the people who hold 2000+ human live in their hands dont get helmets why because we need to give faggots jump scares and action fuck this dogshit people calling scifi FUCK THIS SHIT
>>
>>83216537
a white christian male was in charge no surprise it went to shit
>>
>>83216742
This. the premise it's ver similar to interstellar.

They just knew the original planet was somewhat adapt for human life and when they discover the Engineer's planet, they knew the exact same things after the first scan.
They didnt know what they would find precisely on both of the planets until they arrived.

So they decided to try the closest one
>>
>>83217222
you're saying it as if human life is a precious resource. Maybe they treat these colonizing missions as suicide missions, as in if they make it, great, they're gonna start a new life there and never come back. And if they don't make it, oh well.
>>
>tfw she will never go on a date with me
how can i cope with this feeling, bros?
>>
>>83217217
3. I go take a closer look at planet B and see if it's worth it.
>>
>>83217352
Literally what they did
>>
>>83216537
because the planet was like a week away, instead of 7 fucking years. also it was undiscovered. they couldve been the new columbus heroes.
>>
>>83216537
she literally says that and gets an answer. you kids and your adhd I swear...
>>
>>83216537
Because they didn't want to go back into the stasis pods.
>>
File: 2227184136_7669e57b1e.jpg (36KB, 355x290px) Image search: [Google]
2227184136_7669e57b1e.jpg
36KB, 355x290px
>>83217289
they need to hit at those things in the series if so min the first 2 aliens they made it clear of meaning less human lives was to the company does the androids or mother do anything to show that here no these fuckers need to complete their world before dumping a movie now its up to fans of the series to fillin the mystery box
>>
>>83217369
exactly.
>>
>>83217373
hehehe lel.
>>
>>83217417
The box, THE BOX
>>
>>83217417
if they already hit on those things then why bring it up again.

Fucking stop nit picking every little thing like if your autism depended on it and learn to enjoy shit.
>>
File: headbanging.jpg (12KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
headbanging.jpg
12KB, 480x360px
>>83217222
>>83216537

It's just a movie you autistic fuck.
>>
>>83216742
>researching planet for 10 years
>distress signal from 2 minutes ago
yea basically the same
>>
>>83217493
to some its not to some its an escape into another world an escape from this reality & the better that world is fleshed they more they can escape from this one

may sound desperate and autistic but so much people live fore the escape
>>
>>83217334
dont worry, there are plenty girls out there as ugly as her
>>
>>83217434
Yeah checking out mysterious space signals in person is surely a good idea for a settler colony crew

What could go wrong
>>
>>83216537
>Alien
>crew is essentially truckers and not trained scientists
>wears suits when exploring the planet they land on

>Alien: Covenant
>crew full of trained scientists
>not even the woman who was against exploring the new planet in the first place suggests wearing suits

What did Ridley mean by this?
>>
File: 02a56e68f58ef613-600x400.jpg (26KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
02a56e68f58ef613-600x400.jpg
26KB, 600x400px
>>83217590
that the thing that makes are so appealing so isnt that generic how bimbo her lack of hotness make her more appealing and adds character
>>
>>83217659
>that the thing that makes HER so appealing SHE isnt that generic how bimbo her lack of hotness make her more appealing and adds character
>>
>>83216537

My main issue with them going to a different planet is how the fuck is anyone meant to know that they are there?

They'd probably never be in touch with Earth or other humans ever again.

There's probably resupplies and a communications plan for Oragami-6 in place that is now completely wasted.
>>
>>83217567
their scans showed that the new planet had a more habitable atmosphere than where they were going. The "research" they'd gathered in those 10 years probably wasn't extensive.
>>
>>83216537
>they did know its terrain and atmosphere
>the dilemma of checking out this planet or going on with their journey is addressed
>they have a very legitimate reason to be pretty spooked about going back in the sleeping pods (namely their captain got burned alive in his because of a random incident that may or may not happen again and they have no way to predict it)
You're a fucking idiot.
>>
>>83217652
>Personality types in the Martian; Interstellar; Prometheus; Covenant
Millennials in space.
>>
>>83217794
>They'd probably never be in touch with Earth or other humans ever again.
Sending messages to earth takes approximately 1.5 years, as evidenced by the final lines in the movie spoken by David.
>>
>>83216537
I don't like her nipples
>>
>>83217417
slow down net time

> TRANSLATION they need to hint at those things int he first 2 aliens they made it clear how meaningless human life was to the company does the androids or mother do anything to show that here
>>
>>83216537
>instead of going to the planet you know 100% about
wrong, they know as much from the original planet as they do about the newly discovered one. you can't do tests until arrival
>>
>>83218053
They were 100% that the david planet had some weird shit going on
>>
>technology is at the point where they are able to scan entire solar systems, down to a planets topography and environment in seconds even though they are light years away
>>
>>83217996
want dick?
>>
>>83217217
also, in 1. risk constant risk of catastrophic failure killing everyone on board, for another 7 years, or reduce that risk to a few weeks and test the new planet before settling, even potentially abandoning it and returning to the original plan if it doesn't pan out
>>
>>83217962

Fair point.
>>
>>83218081
hearing a human voice singing a human song on an alien planet is weird, yes, but not weird enough to not check it out.
>>
>>83217913
All of this. Now, my real problem with the movie is that they went traipsing all over the surface of the planet with no hazard protection, the lazy writers could have had the characters follow protocol and still found a smarter way for them get infected. Even Prometheus got that much right.
>>
File: david.jpg (99KB, 984x775px) Image search: [Google]
david.jpg
99KB, 984x775px
>>83216578
This. The intro was pretentious as fuck too.
>>
>>83218235
>my real problem with the movie is that they went traipsing all over the surface of the planet with no hazard protection
That one can sort of be blamed on the movie skipping over too much shit for pacing reasons and whatnot. Apparently, the novelization has Walter going out first to confirm that there are no dangerous substances or any kind of pathogen in the air. That's still not a great way to handle this but better than what ended up in the movie.
>>
>>83217962
Anyone recall the relay time for the correspondence between Nostromo and the Company? Also I saw Alien 3 recently and the prison planet was receiving responses from Earth pretty quickly. I'll take my answers off the air. :)
>>
Its was total bullshit. Fassbender was the only good thing about it but he needed people to kill I guess.
>>
>>83217252
he a spic
>>
>Their Ship was not equip to handle a neutrino blast
>This caused major malfunctions across the board and killed their captain and more than 2 dozen other passengers
>They still have 7 years to go in cryosleep where they are susceptible to another neutrino blast or worse
>The only thing they can do is patch up the ship and take the chance it doesn't happen again
>They find a transmission leading to a planet that has better conditions than the planet they were originally going to
>The new Captain decides to CHECK the planet that's only a week or so away because if its better suitable then they can settle there and avoid 7 years in cryosleep where something could go wrong again.

That's what was going on. Not that hard to follow. If they went down to the ground, the two guys got infected and died without the shuttle getting destroyed they would have bolted out of there. They did go full retard and not wear suits but apparently that was because of Walter in the novelization.

What they should have fucking done is have the suits on and made David fuck with them. Capture one of them for his experiments and unleashed those Neomorphs on the crew and sabotaging their shuttle. That would have been a better way to have done it rather than extreme incompetence from the landing crew.

>>83218431

Alien 3 takes place about 60 years after Alien. Remember Ripley was in cryo for a long time after Alien. So maybe the means of communicating advanced way more meaning that it could have taken way less time to transmit a message to Earth.
>>
>>83218524
He's a spanish person in custody?
>>
File: ItsALLchillDawg.png (1002KB, 681x1024px) Image search: [Google]
ItsALLchillDawg.png
1002KB, 681x1024px
>>83216537
But OP... WE PROLLY JUST MISSED THE PLANET ON THE SCAN EVERYTHING IS FINE, THERE IS NO WAY THIS IS A TRAP.

>THERE IS LITERALLY NO REASON NOT TO GO THERE HURR DURRRRRRRRR OK ILL ALSO PUT MY FACE NEAR THIS POD FOR YOU ROBOT WHO WAS NEARLY JUST MAKING OUT WITH A HORRIFIC ALIEN WHO JUST KILLED ONE OF MY CREW MEMBERS. IM SECOND IN COMMAND... IM LITERALLY THE SECOND CHOICE FOR CAPTAIN AFTER FRANCO.
>>
>>83217417
>>83217466
let the mystery be
>>
>>83217996
Fag
>>
>>83216537

#1 pic related formally protested the ships diversion

#2 They didn't want to be another James Franco fried Ham n' Egg sandwich by going back into cryosleep.

Sire going off course was kinda dumb but it was the least of the films problems since the movie does explain why they did it and acknowledges that it wasn't the best decision to make.
>>
File: rw22.jpg (68KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
rw22.jpg
68KB, 1280x720px
let me risk the lives of 2000+ humans to go look for my wife ohh her second in command do you also want to risk the lives of 2000+ people to save some assholes who are expendable MOTHER take us in a storm to die

in aliens 2 they shat all over ripley for destroying a mining shit why dont they have anything inplace to stop assholes from fucking up a colony show
>>
>>83216537
company policy, their bonus situation had been disgust off screen.
>>
>>83218779
because colonizing missions are like fun hobbies and mining shit brings in the CA$H
>>
>>83217794
Is that a suit?

I assumed Covenant's xeno was 100% CGI.
>>
>>83217282
And in that movie it was a stupid idea that got people killed too. Plus, I think they dud know more about spot A, but the argument was B had better matching conditions from what the magic space scanner would show, but all else was unknown.
>>
>>83217352
Do yo do it by taking no biohazard precautions either, and spaz out and not give full info in a medical crises like they did too?
>>
>>83217371
While that may be a plausable reason, it's still a really dumb one. Think of a venus mission where you have all the math and means to get there, but decide to go to mars instead just for a looksie
>>
>>83217373
Yeah, the response was mostly built on the fact the pods are scary. When the woman who saw her lover burn alive in one has the balls to brave it for the mission, it's a very weak argument.
>>
File: 2017-05-26-1519-03.webm (2MB, 1008x566px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-26-1519-03.webm
2MB, 1008x566px
Was this form to weak as a hatchling that why he change it
>>
>>83216742
Why didn't the director just make the whole movie take place on the planet they were going to originally
>>
>>83218128
I'll take what is space travel for 500 please.
>>
>>83219024
>Is that a suit?
>I assumed Covenant's xeno was 100% CGI.

It was a mixture from what I've seen. Like suits and practical effects and touched up with CGI in post.
>>
File: 312313.jpg (49KB, 600x253px) Image search: [Google]
312313.jpg
49KB, 600x253px
Wait a minute.

I find a similarity between character pic related and the boyfriend of Shaw in Prometheus. Both were driven by religious ideas.

The new character in Covenant talks all the time about destiny and religion and he decides to go to the unknown planet based in religious faith.

The irony is that both character ended fucking up the situation.

What is Scott trying to say with this characters driven by religion in a world of science?

What is the message here?

That religion is stupid and makes people do stupid things based in delusional ideas??

Is an anti-religion message?
>>
>>83219448
>it raises its hands and smiles

jesus fucking christ people unironically think this shit is good?
>>
Why the fuck are space explorers in whatever century this is so fucking incompetent?
>>
>>83219518
They really fucked it up then, it was one of the less realistic looking portrayals in the series.

Everything moved way too fast.
>>
>entire movie
>Benny Hill music playing in my head
>>
>>83219487
Seconded. The idea of going to teraform a place, but finding evidence of life wiped out by a robo sounds way better really.
>>
>>83219628

Agreed. The pictures from the set look amazing too. Looks like they almost did a The Thing (2011).
>>
>>83219596
If they were competent the events in the movie would never have happened.

Really when you apply that logic to screenplays it should tell you that you have a weak screenplay. Unless of course the characters are explicitly meant to be incompetent, but I didn't get the sense of that, they just happened to be incompetent.
>>
>>83219560
this movie is all over the started off with cosmic horror weyland seeking meaning in a meaningless universe after he created life who has no meaning

to Prometheus with humans have meaning you were created for a reason you are special lets go find why we was created

to this shit where everything is about us the engineers created us we created david david created aliens go back to the fucking cosmic horror where we are children in the universe
>>
>>83219756
At least in fucking Marvel garbage its always some super powerful being wanting to destroy the Earth. These people, all of them deserved to die due to their own stupidity.
>>
File: 2017-05-26-1537-15.webm (772KB, 1008x566px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-26-1537-15.webm
772KB, 1008x566px
Hey ripley you had a loder i have a fucking crane
>>
File: 1475144033644.jpg (17KB, 279x261px) Image search: [Google]
1475144033644.jpg
17KB, 279x261px
>people actually defending this shitty ass plot
>>
DID walter lose the fight will david

DID walter give into david cause he was lying about no feeling what david felt did he kill david and take on his work ????
>>
>>83219795

Though the scene where David annihilates the engineers was visually pleasing, I hated it. When you first watch Alien and you see the space jockey in the pilot room, he looks fossilised. And you think he's been there for millions of years. A remnant of a long gone civilization that you're very unlikely to ever find in the immensity of the universe.

And when you look at what the ship was carrying, the eggs, you realize the ship was some sort of "bomber", carrying a biological weapon. Perhaps the civilization wiped itself during a catastrophic war.

Now all of that is scraped. Engineers are still there but for some reason they stopped colonizing planets or whatever. The aliens were created by a fucking robot. What a shit show this movie is.
>>
>>83219756

They should have done something with David. He was obviously aware a shuttle came down. We should have some scenes with the scientists in the ground, all fine and dandy investigating the crash site and the local area. Have David shoot up one of the woman or the man taking samples with a bit of that black goo to create the Neomorph. Maybe at the shuttle with the girl that was alone and sabotage the shuttle in secret and create the Neomorph from here.

They didn't have to rely on making the crew incompetent. If instead it was David pulling the strings in secret while getting them to trust him by taking them to the Necropolis so he can further fuck with them and create the Xeno it would have been better in my opinion.
>>
>>83217659
Christ, please learn English soon
Every one of your posts is a nonsensical run-on sentence
>>
>>83220009
Nah it was still David, Walter is basically a more basic model. David is Peter Weyland's personal replicant, a purely custom job similar to Deckard and K.
>>
>>83220323

During their fight, I was expecting David to comment on why Walter was losing the fight. Yes, Waster was a more recent model, faster and stronger, but he lacked what David had. The capacity for "creation", improvization. And that was what gave David the edge.

Unfortunate that they didn't choose to portray it that way.
>>
>>83220323
Why is K so fucking autistic compared to Deckard?
>>
File: 2017-05-26-1553-58.webm (2MB, 1008x566px) Image search: [Google]
2017-05-26-1553-58.webm
2MB, 1008x566px
This is how it ends we dont know shit about the engineers we know the shitty origin about about the aliens We got no fucking answers for WHY anything and it just ends
>>
>>83220323
There's no reason to believe that. The promo for the first film paints David as an assembly line product just like Walter.

The opening of Covenant is just Weyland getting a feel for the prototype. Speaking of which, why is Weyland so young there? David would have had to be in production for decades, which is understandable, but he looks more or less complete when the movie starts. Was David in service for half a century before the events of Prometheus?
>>
>>83220555
That scene with all the glass in zero gravity looks fucking amazing in cinema, cam doesn't do it an ounce of justice.
>>
>>83219560
Why won't he make a muslim captain that blows up the ship
>>
>>83220722
>Young man in an old man mask was indeed a young man in an old man mask, even in universe
The ultimate ruse!
>>
>>83216991
If the black goo didn't affect plant life why didn't they just use the spores?
>>
>>83220722
Unclear. Was that David even the same David?
Maybe he was, and was the first prototype.

Deleted scene in Prometheus showed a younger Weyland making a TED talk about creating life. Probably took him a few years to do it. And he probably spent years inside a hibernation chamber and lived to be 250+ all along better models were made.

Since he did call that David his son, it was probably him all along, and earlier prototype, or first model off the line.
>>
>>83220926
>If the black goo didn't affect plant life
Reminder that there was life, at least plant life on earth before the engis came and they only affected animal/human life creation. There was oxygen that they could breath in the opening scene in Prometheus, it wasn't two billion years ago, maybe it wasn't even on earth.
>>
>>83221015
Why does everyone assume it was Earth? If anything it looked more like the planet in Convent.
>>
File: Neuro_Visor2.jpg (19KB, 1024x427px) Image search: [Google]
Neuro_Visor2.jpg
19KB, 1024x427px
>>83221006
>Was that David even the same David?
There's not much point in including it otherwise. It plays in directly to a later scene where David reveals his disdain for Weyland.

>And he probably spent years inside a hibernation chamber and lived to be 250+
If that's true I think he would have to stick with one David because that's who he communicated while asleep.
>>
Why is Walter such a fucking cuck? I expected to see epic robot battle not a fucking philosophical debate where both party already know the outcome.
>>
>>83218301
I think that was the point. To make you sympathize with David to help you sort of side with him as he creates the Xenos.
>>
>>83221117
Yeah, basically.
>>
File: 1413473509606.gif (3MB, 459x459px) Image search: [Google]
1413473509606.gif
3MB, 459x459px
>>83216537
>watched this opening weekend
>mfw people actually clapped when the movie ended
>>
File: 1488643976854.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1488643976854.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>ridley scott called this a thinking man's horror film
>>
Here I'll fix it:

>explorers do put on hazmat space suits to explore planet
>spores that are released are acidic and have the ability to burn through the environmental protective gear
>crew members get infected

Twist with Walter/David at end
>some how, during their fight scene, David is able to upload his AI to the synthetic body of Walter
or
>Walter kills David but David's ideology of creation grows on Walter and Walter becomes the new David

I also hope this wasn't the engineer's home planet, they don't look the same as the engineers of Prometheus. Hopefully it was just some other seeded world the engineer's created and David used this world for experimentation.
>>
>>83221869
>Here I'll fix it:
oh boy...

>shit idea after shit idea
as expected
>>
>>83221740
>amerifats
>>
>>83218301
Guy Pearce's accent was on fucking point in the intro
>>
this movie was great but my only complaint:

the final scene was cheese as fuck. David should have just let her fall asleep. but as she does, David leans in and SHE NOTICES THE SCAR FROM THE NAIL SHE JABBED IN HIS CHIN.
>>
File: JJ-Abrams-TED-storytelling.jpg (23KB, 474x331px) Image search: [Google]
JJ-Abrams-TED-storytelling.jpg
23KB, 474x331px
>>83221869
>>
>>83221992
Better than what we got

how else do you explain scientists exploring a new planet with no prior knowledge of what pathogens might be present.
>hurr durr... I wonder what these mushroom things are *proceeds to touch and get infected*
this is worse than prometheus

At least Walter becoming the new David is foreshadowed by the flute scene between the two. We see that Walter becomes mesmerized by music play/creation, and idea he wasn't able to comprehend previously.
>>
>>83218565
Don't expect anon to actually pay attention. Daniels even says it's a stupid idea, but the new captain has "faith". The real problem the movie had was lack of characterization for the crew members, since most of them are killed off without doing much. The other problem it had is that Shaw was killed off-screen, and the engineer mystery didn't really lead to anything.
>>
>>83216578
So much ^This
Especially after you realize that David wasted time creating eggs n facehuggers when spores are clearly the smarter choice.
Not knocking the vaginas with 8 legs, but you can't shoot spores and there are billions of them compared to limited number of eggs you can hatch
>>
File: adolf what.jpg (16KB, 320x284px) Image search: [Google]
adolf what.jpg
16KB, 320x284px
>>83216537
Hey, i just got back from cinema literally 4 hours ago. This film, or more precisely, characters, are really, really fucking stupid. To the point that watching this film is almost painful because i was looking at what the characters were doing and i was like come the fuck oooon.

This film is to Alien what the prequels were to Star Wars.
>>
>there's two robots who look exacly alike.
>the one we just met is suspicious as fuck. the other is a total bro and took care of us and the ship for years.
>don't create a way to identify who's the friend robot, like a password or a secret gesture

>shit now the suspicious robot is trying to kill us
>good robot is fighting the evil clone
>one of them comes out alive
>is he the good one? lol who cares just enter our ship
>doom your entire colonization plan because of this
>>
>>83221869
>explorers send a drone like we always fucking do
>harmful life detected
>blow it up from orbit and mark it for quarantine
>continue on my course
>>
>>83222181
your problem is that you expect these fantasy make believe fictional stories to make real life sense.
>>
>>83222342
What if they do send a probe but the spores are dormant and only react when biological lifeforms are nearby?
>>
>>83222159
Then you have two other scenes elevating the importance of the cabin with no payoff, and if you get of it altogether Daniels has lost a major element of her motivation.
>>
>>83222409
pretty shit drones desu. And after drones you always throw down monkeys/mice/rats/dogs/cats
>>
>>83222450
true, i just can't stand that there was such an obvious identifier of the difference between the two that was never used. maybe as she asks about the cabin he tilts his head in confusion and the combination of the two sets her off.
>>
Are you retarded? This was explained very clearly in the movie.
>>
>>83222456
Considering all the fucked up things the company has done in the previous films I think it's safe to assume that humans are equated to lab testing animals.
>>
>>83222498
But you only need one.
>>
>>83222456
also it was established that the storm was affecting communications.
>>
>>83222222
>>
>>83218779
80km is extremely risky, let's go down to 40! This was the only part I found idiotic. Even that the giant ship wasn't in orbit and hovering somehow didn't bother me as much.
>>
>Mother scanned the planet!

But her dumb ass forgot to tell them about THE FUCK HUGE METROPOLIS located within walking distance from their landing spot?
>>
>>83222534
idiot
>>
>>83222715
Why would Mother be calibrated to recognize cities on a colonization expedition?
>>
File: 1368630166935.gif (3MB, 220x242px) Image search: [Google]
1368630166935.gif
3MB, 220x242px
>>83216537
>you now have the law & order theme stuck playing in your head
>>
File: Space_Jockey__painted__front.jpg (56KB, 600x511px) Image search: [Google]
Space_Jockey__painted__front.jpg
56KB, 600x511px
so after david sent the message back to the company that everyone died when the company sends a shit to see how the colony is going wtf is he going to do

they will keep the mothership the space and only send a smaller ship to the planet how is he going to deal with them ?
>>
>>83222837
look how freaky that shit is and we never got anything about them
>>
>>83222818

To know if someone beat them to the colonization race.
>>
>>83219448
it's so cute

i really prefer this design over the original chestburster
>>
>>83219448
This was my favorite scene. Dr Manhattan deserved it for sure. Complete idiot.
>>
File: hug.png (316KB, 415x389px) Image search: [Google]
hug.png
316KB, 415x389px
>>83219448
>"DADDY I WANT A HUG!"
>>
File: 1465500686557.gif (31KB, 500x492px) Image search: [Google]
1465500686557.gif
31KB, 500x492px
>>83218301
>tfw I really liked his renditionof the Wagner piece and Weyland cut him off
>>
>>83219932
It just jumped into the crane, I didn't get this part.
>>
Tfw I've fallen in love with Waterstons character and don't know what to do about it.
>>
I want a movie, in alien world, on earth, with no aliens.
>>
>>83222323
David had his own password that worked on the Covenant too.
>>
>>83221287
why would i sympathize with nigel because his dad made him serve some tea
>>
>>83219448
>it has the long head at birth

Uh... how is this canon?

It was basically a large sperm when it burst out in Alien.
>>
File: muhwaifu.jpg (1MB, 3105x2033px) Image search: [Google]
muhwaifu.jpg
1MB, 3105x2033px
>>83223947
Now you know how I feel about Ripley
>>
>>83217334
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fURVDOgwL60
>>
any movie where the plot only moves forward because every character is a complete moron devoid of intelligence isn't good.

even david is fucking stupid, his plan doesnt work if somebody just notices that his hand looks off and that his face isn't healed.
>>
They explained it. Nobody wanted to go in cryo again after the incident. It actually makes sense that this seemingly perfect planet would catch their attention
>>
File: pleasure.jpg (41KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
pleasure.jpg
41KB, 640x480px
>>83223779
>Weylan: Play Wagner
>Me, internally: Ugh, they're going to play some normie valkyries or gotterdammerung shit
>David: The second best piece from Das Rheingold
>Me: Pic related
>>
>>83216537
Part of the naval tradition, you respond to emergency requests.
>>83216893
>of pathogens animals or insects could cause them harm let just jump out the ship and play in the water and go hiking
Do you understand the low chance of a a virus/bacteria or animal being able to infect humans if it was not from earth?

The only issue would be toxins, but that can be easily detected.
>>
>>83217659
She is very hot, but that haircut does not suit her.
>>
if they have a rover why dont they sent the rover to investigate the planet first
>>
>>83224227
Literally everyone refuses to understand, but the planet had a living human on it, for years, without any protection, so why the dick would they not go they're and go out inn the open without wearing suits. Everyone here is a fucking retard.
>>
>>83224113
my fucking heart
my dicc
>>
File: alien-covenant.jpg (54KB, 630x406px) Image search: [Google]
alien-covenant.jpg
54KB, 630x406px
>>83224440
This.

Also, after the lead had her awful haircut, I think that amy seimetz would have been a better female lead. That or keep her alive longer so you didn't know who was going to live.

Still, I really liked the movie.
>>
This movie ruined the Aliens franchise.

>ayyyy lmaos are the product or creation of an evil sentient robot
>literally zero tension now because there is no mystery or suspense on their origins that added to the horror
>any future movies will not be scary because you know it's ALL BECAUSE OF DAVID. see more wacky cgi xenomorphs? david is right around the corner. david can control them he's their master
>>
idgi it is so bad tbqh
yeah so the 'writing' offers the explanation of the christ captain for recklessly changing the course but what about all the other shit
>>
It clearly wasn't the Engineer homeworld, so why did David waste his time destroying some other sister race of man? Is he afraid of the gods of man? Hell, he could've went straight to Earth after Shaw went into stasis

If it was the homeworld there would've been dozens of other ships to escape in. There would've been more tech. And the inhabitants wouldn't have looked deformed.
>>
>Be trillion dollar company
>Hire retards for colonization

Y tho?
>>
>>83216578
That's what I've always thought.
The Alien saga is a horror slasher that takes place in space, no more. We shouldn't be any more concerned about plot holes in the film than plot holes in the Emoji Movie. It's a movie designed to entertain audiences. Neither Ridley Scott is a genius philosopher/ thought provoker about the horrors/mysteries of outer space nor are you idiots better for criticizing the obvious. Alzheimer's hit him hard and made him think in 2012 that the Alien Saga was 2001:A Space Odyssey tier and needed expansion.
>>
>>83224708
You would be saying the same about Aliens

>Ayyy Lamos are now from a queen
>Zero tension now as the queen was defeated by a woman in a loader
>Movies won't be scary due to "Muh queen" and now instead of being unstoppable the marines was able to kill dozens of them...
>>
>>83216537
trailer looks great

why did it flop so bad?
>>
>>83224717
>idgi it is so bad tbqh
speak like a normal human being you nigger
>>
>>83224767
Well alien was indeed ruined by cuck-a-moron
>>
>>83224745
But they are not retards,

>Inb4 not wearing suits
>inb4 heading to planet that scans better then your target world when the crew doesn't want to go to hypersleep.
>>
File: images (23).jpg (10KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
images (23).jpg
10KB, 284x177px
I think the real problem is the crispy clean super slick Ridley Scott visuals obscure the fact that these movies have Star Trek tier realism.

You would never ask these questions about helmets and such for a Star Trek episode.
>>
>>83224787
It not really a flop, just that it only going to make its money back in the theater. The Fans are autistic that cannot be satisfied.
>>
Alien is a slasher film, the plot is secondary.
Why do critics always use the plot as the sole criterion for movies?
People go to John Wick for the 100 kills and action scenes, who gives a fuck about the plot?
>>
>>83217217
obey orders and shield myself with them in case things go wrong. you can bet your ass that even if nothing goes wrong every colonist will bitch at you for every minor inconvenience and say it would not have happened if you had just taken them were you were supposed to
>>
Did the ayys look as cgi in the cinema as the did in the camrip?
>>
>>83224911

Covenant only cost $100 mil to make which is small by today's standards.

Even after marketing it will still make money.
>>
>>83225026
The small one yes. The big ones not so much.
>>
What's with the cliffhanger ending?

Are they even going to bother making another sequel to this where somebody finally kills David?
>>
>>83225036
Yep, Not disagreeing.

Right now, 1 week into the domestic run, the studio itself will collect about 54 million dollars. It still has another 50-60 million at least domestic in gross sales (so another 30-35 million to the studio) plus some major overseas markets like China.

Also, it has the TV/Streaming/Media sales.

They will clear 60 million in profit on a a 120 million cost. (that includes marketing) That not a huge hit, but it a nice return. It extra nice that they have proven they only need to bring back one actor (Fassbender) so there little worry about someone holding up production for money.
>>
>>83225026
I didn't watch the camrip but >>83225125 is blind and the xenos looked awful.
>>
>>83224807
>they are not retards
>ignore the mission they were assigned to because they don't want to go into hypersleep

>set foot on a planet never explored before
>in casual attire
The aliens lost the War of the Worlds because of this. There's literally no excuse.

>fat "scientist" almost sacrifices 2000 embryos again because of his wife

I could go on. Everyone was dumb in this movie but I'm not complaining about it.
>>
>>83225026
the only time they looked really CGI was when it was on top of the religious guy mocca wife wailing on her.
>>
>>83225224
>everything looks bad solely because it's not a practical effect!
>even though I saw jack shit of the xenos in the early movies because the scenes were dark!
>>
>>83224440
>the planet had a living human on it, for years, without any protection, so why the dick would they not go they're and go out inn the open without wearing suits.
They had no idea a human was living there before landing.
>>
>>83225036
>Covenant only cost $100 mil to make

Double that to get the "true" cost of the movie (marketing, administrative overhead etc).
So it'll need to make at least $200 mil to break even, and $300 mil to be considered a good profit.
>>
>>83225267
what about when it bust through the glass
same scene as in the webm
>>
I actually just got home from watching this. if the android wanted to create more aliens then why did he change his mind at the end also were they created to kill off mankind? You would've thought he wouldve just worked with the other android instead. The Android in ALIENS wasnt evil so why these guys?
>>
>>83225257
>The aliens lost the War of the Worlds because of this. There's literally no excuse.
The reality is that the ability for pathogins to "cross over" to a new species is very remote - even among mammals who are closely related (Pig-Human and Hominidae-humans are rare, avian-Human are even more rare.) The chances that a pathogen is able to go from some alien race and infect humans is remote.

Also, Tennessee wasn't a scientists, and he didn't put the ship in danger when his wife was alive - he put it to 80km which was the closest safe distance to Mother.

They didn't go closer till they had contact and realized that the wife was dead and the rest of the team was in deathly danger.
>>
why do people even like the aliums
>>
>>83225328
I'm not some anti cgi guy, I just thought they looked bad. Especially during the whole fight on top of the lander.
>>
>>83225341
That looks bad in the Rip, it looked a lot better in real life.
>>
>>83225026
The movie looked fucking fantastic in cinema

Say what you want about the plot, this is one of the prettiest films of the 20XXs
>>
>>83225333
No anon, the total cost of Alien:C was 120 million including marketing. They made a big deal about this being a much lower budget film and as a model to see if "mid cost" films still have a place to keep franchises alive.

the actual cost of the movie was almost 90 million ,as Scott was given a budget of 97 million and came millions under budget.
>>
>>83225430
First two movies in the franchise were absolute classics. You can coast off of that kind of goodwill for a long time.
>>
>>83225546
That part where all the broken glass was everywhere was the coolest part
>>
>>83225551
If we're being completely honest, when has Alien ever been a normie franchise that makes huge amounts of money. It's popular among nerds, but it doesn't have that mainstream appeal like Star Wars
>>
>>83225331
This is what I'm talking about when I say you guys are too retarded for this movie.
They got a message, fun a human being, from that very planet. Why would they think it's absolutely against human life and they need to wear hazard suits when another fucking human sent them a message from that planet?
>>
>>83225499
but... what about the art of the camrip..
>>
>>83219448
Music in this scene was kino
>>
>>83225577
Did you see it in 3d or something? That entire sequence looked like shit to me.
>>
>>83225430
The first movie is the classic Sci-fi horror along with "The Thing"
The 2nd movie is the classic 1980s action film along with Die Hard.
The fact that Prometheus and Alien Covenant where not bad films, and David has become the center of the films means that it could have a long life as a movie series once again.

The only thing I hated about the new movie was the 2nd -chestburster. Which screamed of Studio interference.
>>
Have they ever explained the exact capabilities of the androids in this series? David is obviously supposed to be the end all be all android, despite Walter having better tech upgrades, but just how physically strong are they? Is everything about them a suped up version of human traits? Do they function exactly like humans?
>>
>>83225640
Nah i didnt but everyones entitled to their own opinion
>>
>>83225663
Well, apparently Weyland saw David as his son, and treated him better than his own biological daughter, so I think that speaks to how human he was supposed to be. That he could fill that role
>>
>>83225599
They have no idea if it was a distress signal from a ship, if the person was still alive, or if they were living there or not. Even if they concluded a human was living there, they don't know under what conditions, whether they themselves use a hazard suit or whatever. Jesus christ, retards like you that try to act smart are aggravating as fuck.
>>
why the fuck would you program an AI to have the capability of lying
>>
>>83225597
It never been a HUGE hit - just one that has dedicated fans.

I mean, Prometheus and Alien Covenent will be the only ones to sell more then 100 million in tickets in the US*.

* unadjusted - Adjusted for Inflation, Alien would be a 300 million dollar film, aliens a 200 million dollar film, and Prometheus and Alien C 100 million films.
>>
>>83222342
What harmful life? There was no life on the planet unless you count David. The eggs are dormant and they saw that the planet has earth-like conditions, so why not check it out?
>>
>>83225716

He didn't tho, he treated him like a slave.
>>
>Xenomorph knowing what a camera is and destryoing it on purpose

You can write a book about all the nonsense in Covenant.
>>
>>83225725
>someone sends you a video of her singing a country song
>"Uh, I think she wants to tell us that she's in danger and we should leave."
>>
>>83225599
>shit logic
>shit grammar
Hello OP. Still mad other people aren't dumb enough to think a stupid movie is smart?
>>
>>83216537
Yes this is exactly how SJW normies think and is an accurate depiction of putting the current idiots on a space plane to colonize a planet. It is mean to upset you as much as their current actions in the worlds do. There's a reason why David blew them all the fuck out in the end and stated that they didn't deserve to live.

Welcome to the point of the movie.
It seems to have rustled your jimmies as it should have. Imagine trying to talk about creation/origin stories in the previous film only to have normies reee about it going over their head. So, you deliver a film that kills them all off and declares them unworthy of existing anymore. Imagine covenant.
>>
How do synthetics work?

I thought they need some recharge since Ash/Bishop seemed like they needed some juice, but David just goes eternally.
>>
>>83225725
They did an environment scan of the planet and conclude they didn't need has mat suits
>>
>>83225769
>sends you a video
It was a random transmission that was scrambled to hell and back. They had no idea what it was, or under what context it was recorded. Thanks for playing brainlet.
>>
>>83225770
Actually, I started the other thread, not this. But thanks for the assumption.
>>
>>83225765
According to all the extra material, he apparently saw him as a son. Which the movie backs up, considering how bitter Vickers is towards David. Weyland must've treated her like absolute shit
>>
>>83225732
For self preservation or protecting others
>>
>>83225818
But what if they get there and find out that the flora or fauna is toxic or dangerous? Oh wait, that exact scenario actually happened.
>>
>>83224708
>Implying Alien is scary anymore

Horror movies have been dead for fucking ages now, let alone monster movies. Adding depth to the universe and drifting the plot away from simple "run from alien" is the only chance these movies had at being made.
>>
File: Aliens Knife play.webm (2MB, 1000x538px) Image search: [Google]
Aliens Knife play.webm
2MB, 1000x538px
>>83225663
Synths (as shown in the film) are noted for being very strong and having very quick reflexes.

They function like humans in the sense they depend on muscle control to remain upright.

In Ridley Scotts films - Synths are actual robots, while the Replicants from blade runner are more likely clones or at least completely biological.
>>
Ok, I just watched the cam and I think the movie is absolute shit
but are the visuals kino
should I go to a rl kino
>>
>>83225870
Do they have human functions built in, if they need to use them, though? Because we've seen both Walter and David eat and drink stuff
>>
>>83225906
It is much better on the big screen.
>>
>>83225800
>Scott meant to insult his own audience on purpose
>>
>>83225725
Let me tell you a story anon.

I was on a merchant marine ship. A big freighter. In the middle of storm, a EPIRB (Distress Beacon) went off. Even if we had litterily millions in cargo on board, and took massive contractual damages if we are late, we turned around in the middle of a storm to help look for a under 40 foot sailboat that was in trouble. (Coasties found her and we returned to our normal schedule).

This may shock you but if you have a distress call, you do all in your power to help them. Even if it means huge costs to you.
>>
>>83225931
Probably have a tank inside like Asimov's robots.
>>
>>83225863
Fucking this. I'm not going to say these are great movies because they aren't. But we have had 4 movies of "run away from the spoopy alien". It's time for something new. That's why I respect Prometheus, even if it didn't go down in a great way
>>
>>83216537
It's called having a little faith OP maybe you should try it.
>>
>>83225941
>>83225941
Yeah, but is it KINO
>>
>>83225976
You completely misunderstand me. I'm not saying they shouldn't have searched the planet, I'm saying they should have worn protective suits when landing on the planet considering they've never been there before.

Learn to read anon.
>>
>>83225976
The signal was not discussed as a distress call in the movie at all
>>
>>83225803
According to the Prometheus stuff - David8s can go 100 years without a replacement battery.

(It can be presumed that they lowered the life of the battery in later models much like why we degraded the batteries in Singer anti-air missiles.
>>
>>83225388
He didn't really change his mind, he was playing the long game. If he killed the only remaining crew of the ship then it's over. By ensuring the mission continues, David gives himself time to experiment on the colonists while the people on Earth still think it's all going fine.

It was also a little experiment, pitting his creation against humans to see how well it can do. Since it died, he realised he can still improve them, survival of the fittest kind of thinking.
>>
>>83225985
They still ran away from spooky aliens in Prometheus and covenant
>>
>>83225857
The chances of a biological crossover is almost nill.

Scans for toxins is easy enough (most poisons can be detected easily outside of some organophosphates)
>>
>>83226033
Couldn't a David pretty much just rig up a battery if he wanted to? Those fuckers are smart, so I can't see battery life being an issue
>>
>>83219560
Pretty sure no one in Prometheus was religious except Shaw.
>>
>>83225857
Their environment thing said it was safe
>>
>>83225931
They can eat and drink to fit in socially with humans, but it held internally and discharged later.
>>
I don't get it.

People on /tv/ went and saw this movie?
>>
>>83226061
At least they tried to do something different, while also running away from the spooky aliens.
>>
>>83226015
Why would you wear a protective suit? The chances of a biological infection from a alien world is almost zero.
>>
Didn't they mention something in the original Alien about how they have a contractual obligation to investigate any anomalous signal that could potentially be a distress beacon or a sign of intelligent life
>>
>>83226073
>The chances of a biological crossover is almost nill.
In case you haven't seen the movie, there's some poisonous black fungus they run across. You could say their bodies had a bad reaction to it.
>>
>>83226111
I did but I'm from/ a/
>>
>>83226087
Most likely yes given enough time.
>>
How on earth does this lead on to Alien then?

David's designed alien eggs are found on the derelict which had been sitting on LV-426 so long the engineer inside had fossilised.

The timeline seems impossible.
>>
>>83226124
Every movie did something different
>>
Does anyone else get the feeling that, in the entire Alien movie franchise universe Alien to Covenant, technology has just sort of plateaued? They pretty much reached their peak at 2090?
>>
>>83226046
Thank you for the explanation
>>
>>83226178
Yea but no one ever heard of that, and the scanners didn't pick it up so they assumed it was fine
>>
>>83220009
It's deliberately left ambiguous and up to the viewer to decide.
>>
>>83225964
If the majority of brainlets are incapable of understanding the insult and it isn't 'on the nose', why not? Seems like Prometheus was the litmus test. You didn't catch the slight nor did the majority of people, so it seems everything worked out. It's not like brainlets see themselves anyway.

> Dam those people in the film were sooo stupid OMG
> Doesn't see they're a reflection of present day society
>>
>>83226207
There's nothing necessarily linking David, Prometheus or the Covenant to LV-426. It could just be that alien eggs existed regardless (like in Aliens) and the Engineer ship there was there for a while like you said.
>>
>>83226207
When David found them he gave him to it for him to drink it when he found them
>>
>>83226263
ridley is a kino master after all
>>
>>83218779
Because Aliens isn't canon.
>>
>>83226263
There's nothing ambiguous about it. It's clearly David at the end of the movie.
>>
>>83226290
To me, it seemed like the Engineers had sort of fucked around the entire galaxy, so alien eggs turning up anywhere wouldn't be a surprise.
>>
>>83226207
This
I don't know why this all happening 20 years before Alien, it just makes all this prequel nonsense even more convoluted
>>
>>83226092
Shaw's dad was in Prometheus.

(Ducks thrown object)
>>83226178
I have seen the movie.

I am talking in real life. As long as there are not toxins (which are not caused by biological interaction) you wouldn't put on a suit as the chances of the local virus giving you a cold is almost zero.
>>
>>83226285
That fact that someone uses an axe in covenant and it's completely useless pretty much discounts your entire argument.
>>
>>83226318
It's ambiguous whether Walter gave up or David got the upper hand.
>>
>>83226231
How were the spacesuits in Prometheus so much more sleek and advanced than the ones 20+ years later?
>>
>>83226312
This. Ridley doesn't see it as such apparently, and despite how good of a movie it is, with how much it shits on the original alien's tone, I can't blame him.
>>
Very important question. Pls respond.

Does David have a dick?
>>
>>83226290
When David found them in the goo and when he gave him to drink it after he found it
>>
>>83224113
my new favorites
joanna newsom & k waterston
>>
>>83226360
It was only 10 years later, and you have to remember that was a very expensive, high tech as fuck mission with interest from Weyland himself. The Covenant is them throwing shit at the wall, and seeing what sticks
>>
>>83226360
One was a top of the line space expidtion.

The other was the suits used by workers.

Kinda like work suits used by oil drillers in Alaska are not going to be as sleek or advanced as antarctic team suits from 20 years ago.
>>
>>83218644
just once I'd like to see a movie where franco doesn't light up
>>
>>83226360
um ever heard about time dilation, plebeian?
>>
>>83226290
>>83226329
But they are literally the same ones that David says he created.

That jockey on LV-426 had been dead for hundreds of years meaning that THE EXACT SAME eggs that David had made had also been made hundreds of years before the events of Prometheus and Covenant.
>>
>>83226360
>SpaceX and your local workers don't have the same tools/suits
>>
>>83226432
How do we know there aren't multiple variants? The xenomorphs existed before David. He was just perfecting them
>>
>>83226360
Prometheus was a scientific expedition with top of the line equipment, probably funded privately by Weyland. Covenant seems like a much more run of the mill operation, no use for going all out if the people on the ship are nobodies on a colonisation mission. Weyland himself was on the Prometheus mission so he wasn't gonna jew out on the quality of his ship.
>>
I want a sequel where Walter takes David's notes and figures out how to make his own xenomorphs, except they're good instead of evil, and then they have a big fight on a field somewhere while a 3-year old Ripley learns how to operate heavy machinery on a toddler sized version of the power walker
>>
>>83226360
Medieval full body armor looks much more sleek than what soldiers wear today
>>
>>83226497
Anon plz. Aliens only works once.
>>
>>83226512
No, it doesn't.
>>
File: 1435087836699.jpg (62KB, 490x472px) Image search: [Google]
1435087836699.jpg
62KB, 490x472px
>>83226432
>seriously thinking the new twist the next movie pulls out from its ass won't end with Origae-6 really turning out to be LV-426
>>
>>83226470
How do you know they are nobodies? How do you know that isn't the forefront enterprise of way land at the time?
>>
>>83226497
ridley that shit
>>
Weyland is ripley's father
>>
Was the Covenant supposed to be the first colonization effort? Or has Mars already been colonized by then
>>
>>83226533
>Origae-6 really turning out to be LV-426
How the hell do your turn a terran world into a bare rock?
>>
>>83226497
I want Walter to be alive, I liked the argument of his duty and loyal servitude to his masters against David's narcissism and god complex.

I read some anon's idea of Walter being found by an Engineer ship, would be interesting I guess.
>>
I still want an explanation as to why Vickers last name was Vickers and not Weyland
>>
>>83226572
It would be presumed that there are many other colonies due to Prometheus -where Wayland has been terraforming colonies as a major business.
>>
>>83226590
because they have to investigate a distress call obviously
>>
>>83226590
Black goo magic of course.
>>
File: idris-elba-prometheus-slice[1].jpg (24KB, 600x200px) Image search: [Google]
idris-elba-prometheus-slice[1].jpg
24KB, 600x200px
>>83220899
>ALLAHU AKBAR NIGGUHS
>>
>>83226232
shut the fuck up, faggot
>>
File: the_best.jpg (140KB, 1080x680px) Image search: [Google]
the_best.jpg
140KB, 1080x680px
>>83216537
Good thing there was no nipple burster eh? They would have all been doomed.
>>
>>83226706
Why the fuck was Danny McBride in this movie, he didn't do anything
>>
>>83226706
I want to colonize all over her nipples
>>
http://www.out.com/armond-white/2017/5/19/why-alien-covenant-sucks

armond exposes ridley as the homophobe ultra-hack he is
>>
>>83222550
>get mad at ripley over blowing up some shit hauler
>dont worry guys lets just send that 2k massive colony ship to be lab rats guys
The difference was sociopathic/incompetent bureaucrats in Aliens not cartoon villains
>>
Was Vickers really Weyland's kid? Why doesn't she have his last name?
>>
File: 35856.png (12KB, 590x762px) Image search: [Google]
35856.png
12KB, 590x762px
>>83223096
>i really prefer this design over the original chestburster
>>
>>83224554
Just realized she the woman from Upstream Color
>>
File: sdaasd.jpg (63KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
sdaasd.jpg
63KB, 633x758px
>tfw Alienâ„¢ ruins shower sex scene
>>
>>83226736
He got them off the planet and helped kill the aliens
>>
>>83226758
She was a Synth modeled after his dead daughter who like a replicant,
thought she was real.
>>
>>83226658
Jeez man i wasnt being sarcastic why does everyone gotta be so rude
>>
>>83219024
It was a suit on set but they replaced it with CG in post.
>>
>>83226835
>>
Why are professional screen writers so terrible at writing? This seems like such a common problem when the reality is that for every single Hollywood writer there are 1000 other writers that are better by a large margin.

The mistakes in this movie are so basic that it makes me wonder who the fuck hired these people.
>>
>>83226856
For me anon? You shouldnt have
>>
>>83226856
Why did they deliberately try to make her ugly for this movie?
>>
>>83226856
PEPPERONI
>>
>>83226831
Is this canon, orr
>>
>>83226835
That wasn't the same anon who replied to your post (It's me) Ignore the other faggot.
>>
>>83226870
(((Nepotism)))
>>
File: 1494288323681.jpg (79KB, 540x568px) Image search: [Google]
1494288323681.jpg
79KB, 540x568px
>>83226497
>yfw the new aliens are called... Predators
who's ready for cinematic alienverse?
>>
>>83226870
>screenwriter writes a good script
>film is cancelled
>film is decancelled but not rebooted (because shekels)
>another screenwriter is hired to rewrite the script "you have to keep David. But Noomi is out."
>productor doesn't like it "it's not enough ... ! too ... !"
>screenwriter adds ..., delete ...
>studio doesn't like it
>hires a "screen doctor"
>>
>>83224892
The average Star Trek episode is better written than this though. Star Trek isn't about horror or hard sci fi. Alien is, or at least was.
>but Alien isn't about scientific accuracy
The idea that space is dangerous and fritening goes out the window when people go out on planets with no suits and stick their dick in open xeno eggs. You have to have the realism or else the danger is arbitrary and without tension. This is why the original Alien crew wore space suits and had problems so much as landing on the surface of a planet.
>>
>>83226955

>(((Nepotism)))

This, every jew with a spellchecker has a comfy job as a screenwriter in (((Hollywood)))
>>
>>83226997
Is Event Horizon part of that alienverse?
>>
>>83222252
Facehuggers are more specific. David's aim isn't just to genocide all humans, it's creating the perfect organism.
>>
File: AssBuster.jpg (27KB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
AssBuster.jpg
27KB, 500x270px
>>
>>83222342
Can literally say the same about the original Alien.
>>
>>83226920
His daughter was listed dead 1 year before the mission began.
>>
>>83227139
I would.
>>
File: image.jpg (22KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 640x480px
>>83227186
so Idris Elba had sex with an android?
>>
>>83227329
Yep
>>
>>83226856
img.4plebs.org/boards/tv/image/1416/31/1416319655081.webm
>>
>>83226801

That movie was awful.
>>
>>83227542
her nipples are hard
>>
>>83227692
It had its "WTF" Charm to it, but yes, it wasn't a good film, but no fault to her. It just was a odd movie to be a odd movie.
>>
>>83227888
why are they so hard, bro?

f.lewd.se/X4JE33.webm
Thread posts: 327
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.