[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Netflix has canceled Baz Luhrmann's show about the birth

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

File: the get down netflix.jpg (84KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
the get down netflix.jpg
84KB, 900x675px
>Netflix has canceled Baz Luhrmann's show about the birth of hip-hop, "The Get Down," after just one season.

>"The Get Down" was an expensive undertaking, costing Netflix a whopping $120 million to make, according to Variety. The production was also smacked with a bunch of issues, so much so that writers reportedly began calling it "The Shut Down," since production started and stopped so often.

>"The Get Down" is one of only a few shows Netflix has canceled. The streaming giant has loudly rejected the "pilot" system of TV, instead ordering full seasons of shows before any of them air. And since it began releasing original shows in 2013, Netflix has stuck by a remarkably high percentage of them for subsequent seasons.
>>
Never heard of it.
>>
It was really good, especially if you're into hip hop.
>>
>>83209121

Obviously they axed it due to the price tag. Same with Marco Polo at season two, after they had already trimmed all the fat from the budget. Hell, I'd bet Marco Polo only even got a second season because they were attempting to get the GoT audience and thought cancelled it at season one would be too humiliating after spending almost 100 million to buy it, after Starz passed on the project.
>>
>>83209121
>$120 million
what? literally how?
>>
>>83209820
Lots of rewrites and reshoots because Baz Luhrmann is a perfectionist.
https://archive.4plebs.org/tv/thread/83155939/#83165765
>>
One of the best shows on netflix, but too kino for the general pleb audience
>>
Is it good though
>>
I couldn't get through the first episode desu
The minute Jayden Smith turned up as the wise street philosopher I turned it right off, that combined with the horrible writing
>>
The premise doesn't sound interesting desu
>>
File: 1440818565896s.jpg (4KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1440818565896s.jpg
4KB, 125x125px
>>83209121
>show about black """""culture""""

Yeah no thanks, I'd rather watch "Unsealed Alien Files" than this trash
>>
>>83211090
(you)
>>
>>83209623
>it was really good, especially if you're into trash lowest common denominator music
ftfy
>>
>>83209121
Everything Baz Luhrmann makes is terrible.
>>
File: xD.jpg (48KB, 634x634px) Image search: [Google]
xD.jpg
48KB, 634x634px
>>83211090
>>83211441

classic 16 year olds
>>
Good, stop forcing shows on people. At least they did right with Castlevania.
>>
>>83209994
if you like hip hop and the history of where it originated from, you'll like this.
>>
>>83211511
What the fuck are you even talking about
>>
>>83211511
i don't understand this post
>>
>>83211441
I agree with this post. Who gives a shit about blacks talking fast about money and bitches?
>>
>>83209820
Everything Baz Luhrmann makes is horrifically expensive.
>>
>>83209954
>perfectionist
>makes shit
>>
>>83211619
Not sure if this bait. Not all of them rap about money and bitches, and not all of them are black.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.