[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is John Wick nothing more than an allegory for children playing

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

Is John Wick nothing more than an allegory for children playing gunmen while their parents and guardians make sure they don't mess up the house too much, or am I missing something?
>>
>>83194359
Holy shit
>>
>>83194359
If "make sure they don't mess up the house too much" involves offing the kids who misbehave, then yeah.
>>
>>83194568
Offing the misbehaving people in the movie is basically removing them from the story and in the allegorical sense not allowing the misbehaving kid to play anymore.
>>
I WISH I WERE LEVAR BURTON
>>
>>83194359
You are just overthinking and trying too hard to sound smart about competently done action movie staring an actor so dedicated that he became an operator.
>>
>>83198111
I'm trying to get anything out of John Wick other than "just turn your brain off and enjoy the operator action".
>>
Most movies that aren't trying to be high art bullshit use story elements and archetypes that resonate with children, John Wick is just more apparent because it's streamlined down to the basics.
We just grown up children after all.
>>
>>83198154
But.... But that's the point of the movie though desu
>>
>>83198154
Why though? It works as it is. The world created is kind of interesting and functional. There really don't have to be multiple layers in everything.
Sometimes things are just what they appear to be. It is not necessarily a fault.
>>
>>83198154
Why would you?
>>
>>83198328
>>83198310
>>83198269

I'm guessing he really enjoyed it but he is a snob about movies so he is trying to find anyway he can justify himself that its okay to like it.
>>
>>83194568
Could be like an Orphanage situation. Whose going to miss one kid or metaphorically they don't get the play anymore
>>
File: 1486080904143.webm (3MB, 853x480px) Image search: [Google]
1486080904143.webm
3MB, 853x480px
>when you aciton film so hard you become the operator
fug
>>
>>83198389
Well, we could try to meme some some depth into it, but I am afraid there are people on /tv/ that could miss the joke and then we'll be screwed for months with "deep symbolism of Continental and High Table"
>>
File: The_Matrix_Poster.jpg (29KB, 290x401px) Image search: [Google]
The_Matrix_Poster.jpg
29KB, 290x401px
>>83198328
Even the most basic action movies have at least some kind of arc or subtext. John Wick 2 is more of a demo reel for a bunch of stuntmen than an actual movie. Don't get me wrong. The lack of pretense keeps JW2 enjoyable during its runtime but also makes it forgettable once you're done watching it.
>>
>>83198592

Yeah, we don't have the autism of the DC Fanbase to do that.
>>
Well, john wick had some references to the greek mythos, and even the writer talked about it during the john wick 2's promotion.
>>
>>83194359

Is that Robert? Or Robert's dad?

Is that where the popcorn recipe comes from?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.